Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (10617 Views)

Who Can Help Me Purchase A Vehicle From Auction Export / My Terrible Experience Buying A Car From Auction Export / Are You Interested In Buying Cars From Auction "Copart, Iaa And Mayheim"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by oNj(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
etebefia:
So it finally entered and work completed on the car.

Congrats

Nice job on the rear too
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by correctyourself(m): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
[quote author=etebefia post=65785296] nah, I'll check and post the shipping cost [/qu
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
etebefia:
So it finally entered and work completed on the car.
Where was the rear repair work on done? It's near perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by etebefia: 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
[quote author=correctyourself post=67108908][/quote] the shipping cost is $1600
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by etebefia: 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Somewhere in Lagos, let me know if you need more info.

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by correctyourself(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
etebefia:
nah, I'll check and post the shipping cost
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by Jethrolite(m): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
notttty:

please can you help me explain a bit how the payment process is. they said i have to make a transfer in usd in the name of auction export and with my dealer's number. please help me explain in nigerian terms. im just scared a bit cos i have heard how people loss money online. this is a long savings for me and it will hurt if i lose it.
This method of car purchase is obviously not for you. Does auctionexport have a representative in Nigeria that can sign an MOU for the car purchase with you? Should anything go wrong, do they have a representative you can arrest? Do not be part of a business deal where you are totally at the mercy of the person you're doing business with.

3 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by ejembi28(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2018
etebefia:
o it finally entered and work completed on the car.r.
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by ejembi28(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by ejembi28(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2018
[quote author=ejembi28
]Somewhere in Lagos, let me know if you need more info.
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by CarGuideNG: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2018
etebefia:
search for a car of your choice (make sure you do a V I N check),

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7835676_img20180922wa0004_jpeg2fc223638fa3a0ee5d18bd267c6b1547

Contact CarGuideNG for your quick and accurate Comprehensive VIN Checks/ Vehicle History Reports

https:///+2347011116171

carguide.ng@gmail.com

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7792698_img20180913wa0007_jpeg5e03d1f7d380bd33363cb2adf7e95b89
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by computerglobal(m): 12:33am On Sep 28, 2018
. Run a VIN check to reveal important information such as title status, odometer reading, flood and fire history, number of previous owners and salvage title

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by Creamychic(f): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2018
;
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by owolabi5: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2018
Register and renew your new/old vehicles with number plate (LAGOS NUMBER PLATE ONLY) and documents and process/renew your driver's licence.
PRICELIST:

1. REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES (New or Used):
The cost of registering: Saloon=N42,000 Jeep/space Bus=N45,000 Bus =N50,000
This will include:
Plate Number, Proof of ownership certificate, Road worthiness, Central Motor Registry Receipt, Vehicle License, Insurance, Computerized vehicle Inspection, Number Tag

REQUIREMENTS: Copies of all relevant documents of the vehicle.

2. Renewal of Vehicle Licence, Road Worthiness Certificate and Insurance
COST:
Saloon Car = N12,000
Jeep/SUV/Space Bus= N13,000
Pick-Up vehicles=N19,000
Truck Vehicles=N32,000

REQUIREMENTS: Copies of all relevant documents of the vehicle.

3. CUSTOMIZED PLATE NUMBER =N130,000

4. TINTED PERMIT =N15,000

5. Driver's Licence for 3 years (Fresh Applicant) =N25,000

Driver's Licence for 5 years (Fresh Applicant) =N30,000

Driver's Licence for 3 years (Renewal) =N13,000

Driver's Licence for 5 years (Renewal) =N17,000

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

FOR ENQUIRES CALL:
08033539981 or 08182880902
Email: owolabiakinniyi01@yahoo.com

100% genuine

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by showafrica(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
etebefia:
The car is yet to arrive, it's still undergoing custom clearance in the US. I did extensive research to get the choice car (2011 Hyundai sonata), its accidented (rear light and bumper), however I did extensive analysis of the VIN and discovered ii hasn't had much issues. I bought it for $1650 through live auction, and I hope it will get to Nigeria in 3 weeks time.

Please, what is the cost of shipping this vehicle to Lagos and clearing or, should I say, how much is the total cost before it came to your house?

1650 would be about 500k Naira... What is the cost of shipping and clearing and did auction exports handle the clearing too?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by etebefia: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
showafrica:

Please, what is the cost of shipping this vehicle to Lagos and clearing or, should I say, how much is the total cost before it came to your house?

1650 would be about 500k Naira... What is the cost of shipping and clearing and did auction exports handle the clearing too?
The shipping cost depends on the US location, the clearing depends on the type and year of car and no auctionexport didn't handle the clearing, I did.
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by showafrica(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
etebefia:
The shipping cost depends on the US location, the clearing depends on the type and year of car and no auctionexport didn't handle the clearing, I did.

Thanks very much bro, but did you spend upto 1.5m total? I like that vehicle...
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by etebefia: 6:30am On Oct 26, 2018
showafrica:

Thanks very much bro, but did you spend upto 1.5m total? I like that vehicle...
More than, it's a 2011 car so the clearing cost was high.
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by jomesili: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
etebefia:
More than, it's a 2011 car so the clearing cost was high.
Can you help with information regarding when the car arrived at Lagos Port, Nigeria. I hear that you pay a percentage in Customs Duty for Salvage title cars. Can you share this experience?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by lugiano1: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
etebefia:
Somewhere in Lagos, let me know if you need more info.
Bro good day, please can I have ur number I have something to discuss with u...thanks
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by etebefia: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
lugiano1:
Bro good day, please can I have ur number I have something to discuss with u...thanks
you can send a mail
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by frankobi1: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
You are truly a blessing thanks for the tips.
I just have a little concern.
Copart stated on their website that for a third party to pick up your car from their yard. You will need power of attorney and in some state power of attorney notarized.
Who do one go about getting it
Thanks in anticipation.
francmoda:
I have bought 4 cars from auction export and 13 cars from abetterbid.com and 2 from Copart

Now to my honest review.

There are many dealer sites in the US where u can bid and join live auctions. These cars are mainly from Copart and IAAI. So in other words, auction export and abetterbid are registered dealers that list cars from Major auction companies (Copart, IAAI..), private sellers and dealerships. Generally, u are required to have 10% of your maximum bid amount deposited in your account before u can bid for any car

For the purpose of this explanation, I will narrow it down to the 3 options I’m conversant with.

COPART: Largest Car auction in the US. You can buy directly from copart but your options will be very limited because u need a dealer license to be eligible for bidding directly in some locations in th US. Check their websites to know which state allows bidders without license.

This option will save you between $300 to $700 in auction fees when u win a bid cos you are buying directly (no dealer fee)

You can arrange for pickup and transport to port yourself ie getting a 3rd party to handle ground transportation and ocean shipping. This option is usually cheaper than leaving it for Copart to handle. You can save $200 to $500 going thru this route

The Title of the vehicle gets to you or your shippers faster. You can save overall shipping time.

Auction Export: and abetterbid They list cars from sources mentioned above. On winning a bid u will pay a dealer fee in addition to the auction fee.

Auctionexport must do the ground transportation to port for u(included in the final bill) and ocean shipping is optional. If u opt to do the ocean shipping yourself, they will charge you additional refundable $300 pending when they receive your BOL. Their ground transportation is usually more expensive compared to when get a 3rd party to do the move. Can save about $150

abetterbid allows you to choose how u want to handle ground transportation and ocean shipping. You can still use them but still cheaper when u use a 3rd party(Freight forwarders).

Abetterbid bid dealer fee is usually flat rate of $300 while auctionexport is usually higher than that. Note that auction fees determined by Copart is always added to dealer fee when using dealers that’s why I mention u don’t pay dealer fees when buying directly from copart.

When using dealers, it takes a longer time to get the title which u need to clear US custom cos Copart will first send the title to the dealer and then the dealer will send to u.

How I get my cars To be cost effective, I use Options that give me the best flexibility. Copart is the cheapest but limited to cars without dealer license requirement, I handle my own shipping which saves me money. Abetterbid is next...reasonable dealer fee and I handle my shipping. Auctionexport...higher dealer fees, constrained that I can’t handle ground transportation myself but they have cars from IAAI which the other two doesn’t.

How to know your maximum bid Now don’t get carried away during the bidding process as u can spend more money in importing a car than buying it here in Nigeria if u don’t do your due diligence. For example if a 2014 Toyota Highlander is sold for N14m in Nigeria, I would say I want to try and import for N12m which will be a good saving and worth the stress. To know the maximum amount i can bid without overshooting ur budget, I subtract my estimated clearing fee from 12m say 12-3.5 = 8.5m. I then convert this to dollars ~ $23,287. Subtract shipping and auction fees from this (I use worst case scenario). $23,287-1700-1300 = $20,287. So with this I will say I must not go above $20,000 and remember u must have $2,000 refundable deposit in your auction account to be able to bid that amount.

Hope I have been of help...I sell my cars on the side...so I let them go with a little profit..I just got in a 2009 Toyota Camry Sports last week, you can check my profile if u r interested and we must agree on a price...3 more cars sailing

If you are in PH, I can guide u in getting a car of ur choice and you handle the whole process yourself. 08160599745
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by computerglobal(m): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
etebefia:
, search for a car of your choice (make sure you do a VIN check)

Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.
Tested and Trusted Service

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by CarGuideNGR: 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
grin

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by francmoda: 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
frankobi1:
You are truly a blessing thanks for the tips.
I just have a little concern.
Copart stated on their website that for a third party to pick up your car from their yard. You will need power of attorney and in some state power of attorney notarized.
Who do one go about getting it
Thanks in anticipation.

Download the form..fill ur part then head to a Notary public close to u to fill out the rest....scan and upload to copart

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by frankobi1: 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
It won't be easy to fill out. Especially those legal terms there.

Example:
1) County of.

2)Company name?
Some of us are individual consumers.

Please people. can anyone upload a filled form. So that others can learn.
thanks.

francmoda:

Download the form..fill ur part then head to a Notary public close to u to fill out the rest....scan and upload to copart

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by Ogburaga: 4:04am On Apr 16, 2020
Please any words on import duty costs here in Nigeria? This has been quite an impressive conversation
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by azpekuliar: 8:09pm On May 08, 2020
This is a thread that should not be allowed to go under.
Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by IyawoToBe(f): 12:42pm On May 09, 2020
azpekuliar:
This is a thread that should not be allowed to go under.
lol. Car dealers will disagree cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export by Samconcepts(m): 9:55am On Jun 11, 2020
Francmoda has been just so impressive here. Really learnt alot. I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to buy in the US without going through an auction? A relative of mine residing in the US said he would do so to avoid the auction charges.
2. Clearing of accidented cars and clean history, are they the same in terms of cost? He advised me to go for clean history that the total overall cost is almost the same after undergoing repairs.
3. I intend going for a Toyota corolla 07 model and am presently in PH. My worry is going about the clearing procedures and getting it down to PH in this lockdown season, with movement restrictions. How possible is it going about it now?
4. I don't want to end up spending an exorbitant amount getting a car all the way from US when I can get same from Nigeria at same cost with less stress. Is the time and stress of importing really worth it? That is in terms of cost difference and quality.
Expecting your responses, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-Order your car from the U.S / Newly Arrived 2015 Model Honda Accord (toks) / Sale suspended!!! **Bullet Proof '07 Mercedes G500 For Sale!**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.