Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos (53523 Views)

Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding / Jamil Abubakar And Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Kano (More Photos) / Jamil Abubakar: Meet Fatima Dangote's Pilot Husband-to-be (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by yahmohy27: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
giftedheart1:
the guy's beards sha....like toilet brush!
Jealousy, its a blessing is not given to anybody. Meanwhile people like you cannot have it because it actually for big guys
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by KanwuliaExtra: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
Omotola!

You know dey go? grin
Your SUGAR-DAUGHTER dey marry o. wink
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by KanwuliaExtra: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
The man be like FIRST CLASS THUG!

Agbero genes! grin

Definitely from CHAD, not Nigeria. embarassed
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by seyiade26: 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Aso oke, sure.

But agbada? Lol! Yorubas got the boubou/babban Riga from hausas. That's why they are the only non sahelian non Muslim majority ethnicity that use it. It's used by Malians, touaregs, Wolofs, and the original credited inventors tukulors ( who are a sub branch of fulanis), these are all sahelian people BTW.

And while we are at it let's talk about the dashiki ( gotten from danciki or inners). I'm sure your people use that as well.

There's nothing wrong with this, but if you want to start developing some kind of superiority complex. Lol!

Lolol; I am yoruba also. But I really really love your retort. Spot on bro/sis; keep at it... We don't need superiority complex anywhere in the world wink

I particularly like it further when someone actually learns the history. Wow...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by gtown: 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
churchee:
I don't trust that guy and I don't know why.
I prefer Dangote trust to...
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by BabbanBura(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
olasaad:
So this year is all about politicians wedding next is Osinbanjo/Shagaya...meanwhile no nairalander have tied the knots this year. It's well my brothers and sisters in this forum.

I for say Marry Me but when i look at your profile i will rather say Sister pls keep to yourself!
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Wow, Fatima is very cute. Looks like her dad.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
olasaad:
So this year is all about politicians wedding next is Osinbanjo/Shagaya...meanwhile no nairalander have tied the knots this year. It's well my brothers and sisters in this forum.
People actually get married more during December period.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
Angelcute:
that's nice...the rich marries the rich, oh! what a life!
And the poor get screwed.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by annastacie: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
SOFTENGR:
The guy face sha.
I hope he's gentle.

Wetin be my own sef

wetin concern you abi na jealous
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nehyooh(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dangote carbon copy
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by BerryAnny(m): 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
classicB:
I am not trying to be tribalistic, I'm beginning to wonder whether these people don't have their own traditional attire. Aso-oke is now a norm thing to use for ceremonies even among people that are not Yoruba, only people living in huts will not know the meaning of Aso-ebi, they even use iro and buba and well tailored agbada for their wedding now, and some foreigners in Lagos are saying Ambode is a tribalist for enforcing the teaching of Yoruba in Lagos schools. Was it Ambode that said non Yoruba's should now be getting married in Yoruba attires grin our love and constant use of what we have has influenced Nigerian fashion. Wishing the couples happiness
I dey tell you my sister
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by giftedheart1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
yahmohy27:

Jealousy, its a blessing is not given to anybody. Meanwhile people like you cannot have it because it actually for big guys
exactly! just like common sense is not meant for everyone...you cant have it, its becos its meant for those that can use it
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by giftedheart1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
bamidelee:

aye e ti baje
i actually wanted to overlook you, but then, another thought... just one word for you, always make use of the content in ur head, we all understand that its just a fluid, even at that, u can still be wise. Yi o dara fun wa ooo
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by churchee: 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:
The marriage ain't about love or trust. So keep quiet.
I'm quiet.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
adeyemihassan:
The wedding rites of Fatima, the daughter of billionaire businessman and Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, to Jamil Abubakar, the pilot son of former IGP, MD Abubakar, has kicked off.

The couple's pre-wedding dinner held in Kano yesterday evening and it was attended by friends and family members.

The first leg of their wedding proper will take place on Thursday March 15th in Kano.

The last leg of their wedding will take place at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos on March 24th. Among the dignitaries expected to attend the wedding include five presidents, all the past presidents of Nigeria, billionaire philanthropist and Microsoft boss, Bill Gate.

more details @ http://www.ritalori.com/photos-pre-wedding-dinner-aliko-dangotes-daughter-fatima/
birch looks like dangote on makeup. I can't marry her, I would be feeling gay.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
giftedheart1:
i actually wanted to overlook you, but then, another thought... just one word for you, always make use of the content in ur head, we all understand that its just a fluid, even at that, u can still be wise. Yi o dara fun wa ooo
you refused to use the fluid when you were saying thrash about another person
yeyenatu
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
Opposites attract.

She looks reserved, conservative like her father while the husband is a show off.

Wishing both a beautiful marriage.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Diademk07: 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Aso oke, sure.

But agbada? Lol! Yorubas got the boubou/babban Riga from hausas. That's why they are the only non sahelian non Muslim majority ethnicity that use it. It's used by Malians, touaregs, Wolofs, and the original credited inventors tukulors ( who are a sub branch of fulanis), these are all sahelian people BTW.

And while we are at it let's talk about the dashiki ( gotten from danciki or inners). I'm sure your people use that as well.

There's nothing wrong with this, but if you want to start developing some kind of superiority complex. Lol!
Look at this one? Do you even know why that attire was termed aso oke? Aso oke basically means the uppermost cloth worn over the inner wears! This was exactly what Yoruba call agbada made with aso oke back in the days before colonialism by the white and guess what? Yoruba mostly dresses in aso oke pre-colonial era. In fact the british met Yorubas in that attire. Want to know another fact? Ondo, egba, Ijebu were the indigenous folks known with such attires and none had any encounter with Islam nor Hausa. So watch your revisionism.
Funny enough, there was no way the north would have been comfortable wearing anything like agbada, especially during their jihad war that entails riding on camel and shooting arrows. I'm damn sure Hausa got the agbada cultural attire from the Yoruba. As a matter of fact, it's only of recent that the Northerners started wearing agbada as occasional wears, probably due to Bubu's agbada wear which he probably learnt from Tinubu. The Northerners have always preferred their ankle length trousers with a long narrow straight top which doesn't bold well for agbada in the first place.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Diademk07: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Lol. Believe what you want but these are facts. Try using the vast wealth of the internet to gain some knowledge.

Hausas don't claim what is not theirs, that is why even today the best aso oke or gwagwaro as it's called by hausas is tied by Yoruba women they humbly go to for.

As for agbada. You may like to think you didn't get it from us, maybe you got it from Mali, but the north is highly more likely. The only thing for sure is that you didn't invent it. Not even close.
lies!
Aso oke basically means agbada back in the days. Most of our folks even wears singlet or a different cloth under the so called aso oke. But now that we have different kind of cloth today, we have to diffrentiate one from another and the reason the thick fabric remains aso oke while other names were coined hence the name agbada.
A look below would tell how Yoruba wear aso oke in those days. Yoruba men's uppermost cloth was simply called aso-oke back then. Get that sunk in

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Diademk07: 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I'm not ranting. I've never claimed aso oke isn't yoruba. It is, 100%. Go and read what my argument is about.
But agbada was formerly known as aso oke pre-colonial. So what exactly are you ranting about? Is it because Yoruba coined out another name for their uppermost wears named agbada today while leaving the 'aso oke' name for the unique fabric? Yeye.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by tellmemore15: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
Children of thieves marring themselves.

Parasitic North.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Diademk07:

Look at this one? Do you even know why that attire was termed aso oke? Aso oke basically means the uppermost cloth worn over the inner wears! This was exactly what Yoruba call agbada made with aso oke back in the days before colonialism by the white and guess what? Yoruba mostly dresses in aso oke pre-colonial era. In fact the british met Yorubas in that attire. Want to know another fact? Ondo, egba, Ijebu were the indigenous folks known with such attires and none had any encounter with Islam nor Hausa. So watch your revisionism.
Funny enough, there was no way the north would have been comfortable wearing anything like agbada, especially during their jihad war that entails riding on camel and shooting arrows. I'm damn sure Hausa got the agbada cultural attire from the Yoruba. As a matter of fact, it's only of recent that the Northerners started wearing agbada as occasional wears, probably due to Bubu's agbada wear which he probably learnt from Tinubu. The Northerners have always preferred their ankle length trousers with a long narrow straight top which doesn't bold well for agbada in the first place.

Touaregs, malians, tukulors senegalese, gambians, fulanis. all sahelians who live the same way you claim. They use that as well, got that from yorubas as well? yorubas are actually the odd ones out. The long flowing nature of the babban riga/boubou is particularly suitable for equestrian cultures because it covers the body of the horse. Our full regalia actually comes with a turban called alasho, similar to the touareg tagelmust. Thats why its preferred for hawa where people tend to ride horses. These are well known facts. I dont even know why you are arguing about them. That statement about buhari, LOL. I hope you are trolling. Anyways, a picture of hausas from 1902. Dont tell me what we prefer.

The aso oke head dress, yes, yoruba origin which hausas love to use. But babban riga/dashiki? LOL! My point is, we have mutual influences on each other and theres nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
Diademk07:

lies!
Aso oke basically means agbada back in the days. Most of our folks even wears singlet or a different cloth under the so called aso oke. But now that we have different kind of cloth today, we have to diffrentiate one from another and the reason the thick fabric remains aso oke while other names were coined hence the name agbada.
A look below would tell how Yoruba wear aso oke in those days. Yoruba men's uppermost cloth was simply called aso-oke back then. Get that sunk in

Aso oke is 100 % yoruba. i am not denying that.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by ROCE: 1:11am On Mar 12, 2018
What the heck is a PILOT son?? Goddanit
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by LadyCherish(f): 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2018
salbis:
Circle of the elites continues. Allah ya bada zaman lafiya.
Amin
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Sfateema(f): 4:51am On Mar 16, 2018
Nice
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by gwama: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
stilldoingokay:
the person who do this her makeup deserve an award mehn.

Why? The bride was not difficult to make up as she is already beautiful natural cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Moment Body Of Herbert Wigwe Arrives Isiokpo For Burial (video) / Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand / Somebody Won 36.7 Million Naira From Bet9ja Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.