Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty (26864 Views)

Breaking News: Mbaise Priest Finally Emerges Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese / Catholic Bishop Of Nsukka Onah Singing Kizz Daniel's Song 'Cough' (Video) / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Dosinspector(m): 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
if you see snake and mbaise person, 1st kill mbaise person before the snake, hypocrite on the highest level *spits *

5 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
Pathetic

Check my siggy for you impotation
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by mrvitalis(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
evanjoo:

You mean he listed his successor before he died? If this is true and reason for the crises then the church is in trouble. Why will he choose his successor? Is church now private property? God help us.
That's the rule of the church every 3 years or so a bishop names 3 people he thinks should take over from him incase he dies

When he dies all the list is brought and a bishop is chosen from there

1 Like

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by mrvitalis(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dhugal:

Lucius Ugorji is the Bishop of Umuahia, appointed ADMINISTRATOR of Ahiara Mbaise diocese who's seat is now vacant.
Don't crow yet, the Pope may yet appoint a bishop from outside Mbaise clergy.
You guys just introduced tribalism/statism into the church in Igboland, just be ready for whatever comes out of it.
Yes but he is not from awka now this proves we are not tribalist as cardinal arinze tried to paint us
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Atouke: 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:

That's the rule of the church every 3 years or so a bishop names 3 people he thinks should take over from him incase he dies

That does not restrict the Pope in his appointment.
The Pope can over rule any suggestions and appoint whomsoever he pleases, that's why he is the pope.

3 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Thickcok01: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Igbos are traditionalists and not christians all. Where is place of culture in chritianity? Christianity Pretency smell everywhere in igboland than anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by LaudableXX: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:

Which rule? In which church? shocked There are catholic churches in every part of Nigeria, and none of them practises this your so-called rule, o! None of the catholic churches in the North, Middle Belt, South west or even the South-south practises such a rule, o....

5 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by BushWickBill: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:
I'm very pleased with my people for making sure bishop chikwere was not disgraced

I told people once the Pope knows the real story this matter would be resolved

We're are the people that said mbaise didn't agree on a bishop

All we said was chose from the list our last bishop dropped before he died like it is done everywhere

You can never impose leadership on an mbaise man that's a fact.... Call us all the bad names because you were feed with half story

My people stood for the truth and I'm proud (tho I'm not religious)
This is how you know why Nigeria and the black man in general is doomed.
They see the truth but color it with ethnic and religious bias and call it the real truth.

Mbaise people will forever be pariahs even in Igbo land because of this unnecessary clannish behavior that extends to the supposed church.

Tell us what the real story of Mbaise people's resistance to Opalaeke's appointment instead of ranting with this emotional-laden post. Until you realize that the Catholic Church is not your late bishop's property, you will be seen as tribal nepotists and ethnic warriors. Your Mbaise people go out and get appointments but you won't accept a non-native to be a bishop for the flimsy reason that "he wasn't on your late bishop's list"

You people are just making your case worse.

8 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by LordKO(m): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:
I'm very pleased with my people for making sure bishop chikwere was not disgraced

I told people once the Pope knows the real story this matter would be resolved

We're are the people that said mbaise didn't agree on a bishop

All we said was chose from the list our last bishop dropped before he died like it is done everywhere

You can never impose leadership on an mbaise man that's a fact.... Call us all the bad names because you were feed with half story

My people stood for the truth and I'm proud (tho I'm not religious)

Unless a sitting bishop has a prerogative to make a provisional list of his successor then, I don't see the logic and sincerity in your stand.

7 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by shibanbo(m): 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
NOC1:

Most people who spoke about this saga on social media don't know the reason for the unrest, many blocked there brain and eyes to understand and read the truth.
Mbaise never opposed Okpaleke because of where he us coming from, rather the opposed the manner in which he was imposed on them. They Mbaise people only prayed for due process, unfortunately for them blackmailers and social media contractors decided to feast on it.
We thank God that at the end of the day truth has come to stay.
May Bishop Okpaleke succeed in his next assignment, we wish him all the best.

Long live Ahiara Diocese
Long live Mbaise Nation
Long live the Catholic Church

Mbaise , always in the news for bad reasons . imolites dislike you, igbos in general call you names and distance themselves from you,yet you give them reasons to do so.

6 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by AuroraB(f): 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Saint Mary Mater dei....ora pro nobis
I'm happy this whole drama have been resolved.
I miss my hometown smiley
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by sanerugwei: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
NOC1:

Most people who spoke about this saga on social media don't know the reason for the unrest, many blocked there brain and eyes to understand and read the truth.
Mbaise never opposed Okpaleke because of where he us coming from, rather the opposed the manner in which he was imposed on them. They Mbaise people only prayed for due process, unfortunately for them blackmailers and social media contractors decided to feast on it.
We thank God that at the end of the day truth has come to stay.
May Bishop Okpaleke succeed in his next assignment, we wish him all the best.

Long live Ahiara Diocese
Long live Mbaise Nation
Long live the Catholic Church

If truly you people are Christians, and you respect christian authority, and even more importantly, if truly as church of Rome claims,that their pope (there are other popes of course) , is God's vicar or representative on the earth, why will they oppose pope and by extension God.

Well no,they opposed the pope because they are all hypocrites, Jesus called such people whited sepulchres.

This is a faithful saying, worthy of all acceptation. Blessed are you if you find no offense in this comment, only soul searching.

I would have said more, but let me just (drop keyboard) here so that offense will be reduced. In all things always ask WWJHD.
What Will Jesus Have Done.

Modified:
For that guy throwing abuses around this thread, chew on this.
No new bishop has been appointed yet,just an administrator,same way a president will appoint a military administrator when a state of emergency is declared.
You have no other option but to welcome the administrator at least to make the pope feel obliged else your diocese risk being dissolved or quarantined if there is a thing like that... shocked sad grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by 36STATES: 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dhugal:

Lucius Ugorji is the Bishop of Umuahia, appointed ADMINISTRATOR of Ahiara Mbaise diocese who's seat is now vacant.
Don't crow yet, the Pope may yet appoint a bishop from outside Mbaise clergy.
You guys just introduced tribalism/statism into the church in Igboland, just be ready for whatever comes out of it.

Your stupidd opinion is not needed.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by evanjoo: 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:

Sorry I totally disagree with you, bishop can make suggestion not listing who will succeed him. Not in Catholic church. There are a lot of dioceses that are headed by non indigenous bishops. In fact only few dioceses have their indigenous priest heading the dioceses. However, if purpose christianity is purely knowing and serving God, does it really matter who is there or where he is from? It all shows that we do not yet know what is serving God in spirit and true mean. Do have a blessed sunday.

6 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by 36STATES: 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
Andy2274:
. You people think you know all. Fighting against yourselves is the reason you people cannot grow politically. You people opposed the Bishop Okpaleke because he is not from mbaise. That former Bishop don't have right or cannot put the name of his successor down before leaving if really you are a Catholic and know the Church's hierarchy. You don't want Okpaleke because you wanted an indigenous Bishop which you people can manipulate. Many Ibo indigenes are Bishop somewhere else. The current papa nuncio of Ireland is an Ibo man. Cardinal Arinze is from the Eastern part of Nigeria heading a college in Rome. Even here in Nigeria the Bishop of Benin Archdiocese Augustine Akubeze is from your side. So why opposing your own person? Remember this your current is is an ADMINISTRATOR. So wait until the pope pronounce him Bishop before then you people should stop this tribalism because your people are priests and bishops somewhere else and they are praying for promotion as well.

Continue foaming in the mouth...and continue growing politically.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
Atouke:
It's sad to see tribalism in church.
The bishop of Uyo Akwa ibom state is from Ogoja cross river state, He does not speak ibibio but the people of Uyo received him with open arms once the Pope announced his appointment. There was no gragra.
Months later the Pope appointed an Akwa ibom man bi shop of Ogoja in Cross River State, the people of Ogoja received him with open arms too as it should be.
There should be no tribalism especially in church.

What will happen, when an Mbaise man is appointed bishop in another state or country?
Myopic people, yeye dey smell.

This is why I don't support Biafra. We will just kill each other if it happens

4 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
BushWickBill:

This is how you know why Nigeria and the black man in general is doomed.
They see the truth but color it with ethnic and religious bias and call it the real truth.

Mbaise people will forever be pariahs even in Igbo land because of this unnecessary clannish behavior that extends to the supposed church.

Tell us what the real story of Mbaise people's resistance to Opalaeke's appointment instead of ranting with this emotional-laden post. Until you realize that the Catholic Church is not your late bishop's property, you will be seen as tribal nepotists and ethnic warriors. Your Mbaise people go out and get appointments but you won't accept a non-native to be a bishop for the flimsy reason that "he wasn't on your late bishop's list"

You people are just making your case worse.

Are you minding the stupid Mbaise idiots. Their son is d current VC of unizik Awka. Meanwhile there are many eminent Awka indigenous profs in unizik who never raised eyebrow over d appointment of prof Ahaneku as VC unizik Awka, despite being an Mbaise man whose ppl are rejecting Awka diocesan priest as their bishop.

If u see snake, see Mbaise, spare d snake and kill Mbaise first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Lovine: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
God is no longer involved, Israel decided their king and they suffered for it. Anyway Catholic is a traditional church that people choose their leadership instead of God.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by 36STATES: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
DeviIhimself:

no wonder
mbaise people wey dey eat human being
very wicked beings cheesy

We don't want stupiid opamlekeke as our bishop! Now do the right thing.... but write your will first, if you have anything to your name.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by 36STATES: 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Are you minding the stupid Mbaise idiots. Their son is d current VC of unizik Awka. Meanwhile there are many eminent Awka indigenous profs in unizik who never raised eyebrow over d appointment of prof Ahaneku as VC unizik Awka, despite being an Mbaise man whose ppl are rejecting Awka diocesan priest as their bishop.

May God punish you and your father there.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Shaev7(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
Some comments here is "if anyone knows the truth..." Whatever the truth is, they only bringing tribalism... That is not the church! The Pope only used his wisdom, guided by the holy spirit to take this decision. May God help the people of that community an diocese

2 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:

it is not compulsory a bishop would be chosen from there.The Pope can decide to appoint any priest Bishop of anywhere.Its not yet uhuru for you tribalists. I still don't see the Pope appointing a bishop from amongst any of the rascals masquerading as priests of mbaise

3 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
36STATES:

May God punish you and your father there.

OAM4J
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by BushWickBill: 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

I agree with the emboldened. An Mbaise man is the devil come to life literally. Wicked, scheming, and full of pure evil.

As if you knew I was referencing the UNIZIK issue.

They are and will still remain pariahs even in Igboland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by DeviIhimself: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
[s]
36STATES:

We don't want stupiid opamlekeke as our bishop! Now do the right thing.... but write your will first, if you have anything to your name.
[/s]
Tufiakwa unu and you all call yourselves Christians
you guys are disgrace to Christianity and catholic church for disobeying the pope and catholic institution.
no wonder you guys are compared with snakes.
Bloody cannibals

7 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by BushWickBill: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

it is not compulsory a bishop would be chosen from there.The Pope can decide to appoint any priest Bishop of anywhere.Its not yet uhuru for you tribalists. I still don't see the Pope appointing a bishop from amongst any of the rascals masquerading as priests of mbaise
Are you even listening to the silliness all to defend their weak and emotional position?
As if we outsiders and non Catholics don't know the laid down procedure to appoint a bishop for a diocese

And your description of those priests is very apt. They were the ones who engineered this whole crisis

4 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by BushWickBill: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
DeviIhimself:
[s][/s]
Tufiakwa unu and you all call yourselves Christians
you guys are disgrace to Christianity and catholic church for disobeying the pope and catholic institution.
no wonder you guys are compared with snakes.
Bloody cannibals
It's the type of Christianity made in Mbaise. No surprises there.

4 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by DeviIhimself: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
BushWickBill:

It's the type of Christianity made in Mbaise. No surprises there.
and the scumbags are happy and not ashamed of themselves

it's a pity i share the same faith with these scumbags

4 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by AZeD1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:

Where did you get this lie from?

3 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Austinoiz(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
aguiyi2:
The mbaise Catholic Bishop saga really redefined my relationship with the Catholic church.You cry nepotism in Nigeria while you rejected a fellow Igbo man as Bishop simply because he is not from Mbaise.Hypocrisy at its height.

Really? So you redefined a relationship that never existed?
What is the connection between your faith and the Mbaise saga?
Bros keep quet and stop publicizing a disconnect that was never connected in the first place.
Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by Cyynthialove(f): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
prince3009:

This is why I don't support Biafra. We will just kill each other if it happens
Every tribe has internal crisis, but always come together to fight their common enemies.
If Azikiwe and Belewa had this your mentality that Nigerians hate themselves hence no need for independence, we would still be under British rule by now which is not pleseant to the ears in this 21st century

2 Likes

Re: Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty by xpool(m): 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
sanerugwei:

If truly you people are Christians, and you respect christian authority, and even more importantly, if truly as church of Rome claims,that their pope (there are other popes of course) , is God's vicar or representative on the earth, why will they oppose pope and by extension God.

Well no,they opposed of the pope because they are all hypocrites, Jesus called such people whited sepulchres.

This is a faithful saying, worthy of all acceptation. Blessed are you if you find no offense in this comment, only soul searching.

I would have said more, but let me just (drop keyboard) here so that offense will be reduced. In all things always ask WWJHD.
What Will Jesus Have Done.

Modified:
For that guy throwing abuses around this thread, chew on this.
No new bishop has been appointed yet,just an administrator,same way a president will appoint a military administrator when a state of emergency is declared.
You have no other option but to welcome the administrator at least to make the pope feel obliged else your diocese risk being dissolved or quarantined if there is a thing like that... shocked sad grin
Think before you type!
Think twice to eliminate confusion.
Why can't you comment without insulting the Pope and Catholics?
Was Jesus Christ not sent by God?
Was Jesus Christ not rejected?
Does that in anyway make God less Omnipotent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Announces 63-Day Fasting For RCCG 2021 / Pastor’s Conference With Benny Hinn And Oyakhilome: Highlights (Photos) / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.