Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout (1788 Views)

MASSOB: Don’t Build Toll Gates In South-East Else We Will Dismantle It / Reno Omokri's Tweet About Kachikwu, Atiku, Fayose & Buhari Got Twitter Boiling / Fayose: Buhari On Life-Support, Needs Prayer, Presidency Must Tell Us Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by Ecstasy154(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2018
Ayodele Fayose, governor of Ekiti state, has quoted President Muhammadu Buhari as giving governors a directive to ensure people do not block “cattle routes” in their states.

According to him, the president said: “People are building houses to block cattle routes.”

Fayose, who was speaking during a programme on Ekiti State Television (EKTV), said Buhari made the comments during the federal executive council meeting “last week”.

TheCable could not verify the time the meeting occurred because the programme was recorded.

Fayose said the president has not done enough to tackle the continuous clashes between farmers and herdsmen in the country, adding that “if I were to be president of Nigeria, I will not act the way President Buhari is behaving (regarding the crisis)”.

He said similar incidents have happened in countries like Ghana and “they took decisive decision”.

The Ekiti governor said: “The president must be courageous enough to end these mindless killings. He is the president and he has what it takes.

“If I am the president of Nigeria, I will take appropriate steps and stand it down. A criminal is a criminal, whether Hausa man or Yoruba man. If you commit crime, you go in for it.

“I remember when we were in a meeting last week, the president was saying that people are blocking cattle routes. Have you heard that before? How can the president say people are blocking cattle routes? There is no cattle route in Ekiti in the 21st century.

“The president of Nigeria was saying governors should go and make sure they don’t block cattle routes. He said people are building houses to block cattle routes. I was laughing, I didn’t know what to say in council. I just left.”

TheCable was unable to independently verify the governor’s claims as neither Femi Adesina nor Garba Shehu, both presidential spokespersons, responded to inquiries on the issue.

https://www.thecable.ng/fayose-buhari-told-govs-people-building-houses-block-cattle-routes/

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by georjay(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Toh

1 Like

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by Omeokachie: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2018
As a 'farmer', will I be given a 'farming route' in Kano?

4 Likes

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by wingmanII: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Madness.
Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by AAlozie(m): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2018
Our president has gone mad again!

1 Like

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by FarahAideed: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
WTF is cattle route ?? What kind of man is this

2 Likes

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by saarumann: 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
No wonder fulani killings is on the increase under buhari! See the absurd backing terrorist buhari is giving killer herdsmen?
But then what do we expect from a bigot and a brain dead president, champion of fulani supremacy over Nigeria
Who talks about Grazing Route in this 21st century where Ranching and Mechanized farming is the order of the day? If you ask them now they will say the fulanis killing people are foreigners from Libya, but then again, what audacity does this govt have to award Grazing Route to the so call Foreigners Buhari is the worst thing to have ever befall Nigeria!!

Buhari's APC govt should be held squarely responsible for fulani inspired killings all over this expired country! The statement by buhari to govs is the very reason why fulani marauding killers are sustaining attacks on helpless people. Their blatant refusal to embrace Ranching is because they have ulterior motives.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by lastmessenger: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
It is now obvious that buhari got nothing to offer.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by saarumann: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
Omeokachie:
As a 'farmer', will I be given a 'farming route' in Kano?
Good question. Pig farmers too must be awarded with Pig Routes in Sokoto, Zamfara and Katsina. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by Max24: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
This govt is bereft of ideas. No creative solution to 21st century problems. IBB called it analog presidency !

1 Like

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by ettybaba(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
AAlozie:
Our president has gone mad again!
There was never a time he wasn't mad.
The presidency only gave him the state to amplifier the madness to a larger audience.

1 Like

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by uba1991: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
fayothief is dat d reason why u dont av any project to show in ekiti. or is it buhuri dat also tell all d tatiary institutions in ekiti to go on strike.Only d pigs ll belief their god

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by AAlozie(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
ettybaba:

There was never a time he wasn't mad.
The presidency gave him the state to amplifier the madness to a larger audience.
I tire for that man seriously

1 Like

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by anibirelawal(m): 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
RUBBISH TALK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by adadike281(f): 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
I hope we Igbos are not included. we don't even have land mass ,not to talk of cattle route

3 Likes

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by GavelSlam: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
Fayose the liar.

Where are the photos you threatened to publish?

Also hope you've bought enough pampers for your mom .
Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by Bede2u(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
Fayose the liar.

Where are the photos you threatened to publish?

Also hope you've bought enough pampers for your mom .
why is the north the most backward nigerian region?
Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by ConAir(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bubu is a president of the cows
Does he value human life, no wonder fulani herds men are unleashing mayhem in his administration without fear of our security operatives.

Clueless and nepotism is his inheritance. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by kapelvej: 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
This president self
Re: Fayose:buhari Told Govs To Ensure People Don’t Build Houses To Block Cattle Rout by vinnex: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
I cant imagine a country where farmers/villages are being killed on daily bases and no military effort to stop the killing.
While the president coming to Benue state has attracted Jet hoovering and disturbing the ears of the people...

(1) (Reply)

People's Reactions On The Declaration Of June 12 As A Democracy Day -photos / 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President / Breaking: 2019, Afenifere Backs Atiku, Blast Tinubu For Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.