Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? (915 Views)

Roles And Responsibilities Of A Digital Marketing Consultant / What Are The Responsibilities Of A Higher Executive Officer In A University? / Where Are You Living Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by uncjay(m): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Are you living up to your responsibilities?
That moment when you're struck in your full consciousness and it's dawn on you that there are things assigned to your care, either professionally, emotionally, socially, spiritually, vocationally and physically. You wonder if those things which are now your responsibilities are passionately addressed and properly discharged.

That was the situation I find myself this afternoon. I went to a mini market close by to get some food stuff for the day. After buying some tomatoes and peppers, I remember that the spices at home has finished, so I turned left from where I stood to see a shop full of provision. I pick my step one after the other till I got to the shop. I was about to order for a pack of Maggi cube when I noticed a familiar face inside. She jumped up immediately she saw me, the next thing I heard was 'Uncle good afternoon sir, Uncle how are you sir, Uncle it nice to see you this afternoon', and other soothing words. Well I eventually pick my voice as I return the courtesy.

She asked what I wanted and I told her I wish to buy a pack of Maggi cube, she brought out many types and explain their taste one after the other. She said...'Uncle take this particular one, it's good for stew, I've used it before and I can assure you will like the taste'. I told her I will rely on her words, and hope it turn out just as she said, else we will have a long day tomorrow in school. She is a student of the school where I teach. Awkwardly I don't even know her name and I did not bother to ask. She barely talk to me in school except for the traditional routine of greeting.

Minutes later, I bade her goodbye and left, as I got closer to the main road, that word 'UNCLE' struck me really hard. I cannot count the number of time that word escape her lips, I noticed the confidence and boldness with which she called the name. She was never ashamed, even though few people were present she chose to attend to me herself. I was moved and my hands were shaking at the same time. I had ask myself if I am fulfilling the responsibilities of the name I was called some moment ago, am I passionate about my duties and sincere to it? I questioned my standard and how I could be best described. As urgent as my heart aspire for a desirable answers, I couldn't come up with a decisive conclusion. The whole thing seem relative, but it will be wrong to term it relative.

Many of you often find yourself in my position, with ample responsibilities lying before you. Do you live up to those responsibilities? Or you're simply after your own selfish interest, doing the work below standard and after you gain what you wanted, that all. Do you care about the people you are working with and for? Do you care how your work affect them? And consequently how it affects the future? I think only when we examine ourselves and how we discharge our duties thoroughly can we make meaningful contribution to the future of our people and country.
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 12, 2018
As a professional in your duty,either you discharge it enough or not,the Title being used to address you still remains intact. What else do you want a typical Nigeria student tocall you if not uncle? The title "uncle didn't correlate with the message u just passed,as in the logic structure u used,or perhaps maybe you have a special feeling attched to that title "uncle"
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by uncjay(m): 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
IjeleNwa:
As a professional in your duty,either you discharge it enough or not,the Title being used to address you still remains intact. What else do you want a typical Nigeria student tocall you if not uncle? The title "uncle didn't correlate with the message u just passed,as in the logic structure u used,or perhaps maybe you have a special feeling attched to that title "uncle"

Perhaps it will be logical to present the title as a relative term if that will make things clearer for you. It is a misplaced statement to say I have a special attachment with the title, besides, the issue of title has little to do with the message being addressed. One thing is sure, whichever profession you are into has a name, there is a way you are addressed with regard to the profession. my point is anytime you are addressed with the profession, can you beat your heart and say 'Yes I worth the name?'

I think it's better to focus on the message which is more important than putting unnecessary pressure on a title within the write up.
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
uncjay:

Perhaps it will be logical to present the title as a relative term if that will make things clearer for you. It is a misplaced statement to say I have a special attachment with the title, besides, the issue of title has little to do with the message being addressed. One thing is sure, whichever profession you are into has a name, there is a way you are addressed with regard to the profession. my point is anytime you are addressed with the profession, can you beat your heart and say 'Yes I worth the name?'

I think it's better to focus on the message which is more important than putting unnecessary pressure on a title within the write up.
fair justice! So let me ask you,as a teacher,are you living up to ur title "teacher" (which is more prefarable than 'uncle')
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by uncjay(m): 12:14am On Mar 13, 2018
IjeleNwa:
fair justice! So let me ask you,as a teacher,are you living up to ur title "teacher" (which is more prefarable than 'uncle')

Oh I understand your case.......rest my pen.
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
uncjay:

Oh I understand your case.......rest my pen.
don't be pained. Your thread is expository but why should my question bother you? Have a secondthought instead.
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by uncjay(m): 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
IjeleNwa:
don't be pained. Your thread is expository but why should my question bother you? Have a secondthought instead.

Now you are sarcastic with your language simply because I finally understand your case, your question bother me because I rest my pen, now I'm not being reasonable simply because you feel your thoughts did not appeal to me.

Why do I have this feeling that you develop ugly emotion when someone refuse to agree with your line of thought....
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
uncjay:

Now you are sarcastic with your language simply because I finally understand your case, your question bother me because I rest my pen, now I'm not being reasonable simply because you feel your thoughts did not appeal to me.

Why do I have this feeling that you develop ugly emotion when someone refuse to agree with your line of thought....
I beg to differ! Pls rephrase my question in ur mind once more.........what is rocky about it like the rock of gilbralter. Needless to say,I have this gigantic premonition that I just took a fuse out of your conserved high-voltage
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by uncjay(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2018
IjeleNwa:
I beg to differ! Pls rephrase my question in ur mind once more.........what is rocky about it like the rock of gilbralter. Needless to say,I have this gigantic premonition that I just took a fuse out of your conserved high-voltage

I dropped it cos I consider having such conversation over something technically insignificant to the message therein lame and dumb. I consider it a deliberate derailing of the values I intend to pass across lying bare at the perils of such a conservation. I bet you won't appreciate that. Yet you came at me. did I made any allegation? I only made few observations.

You know what bro, let it go. you made your point, be contented you did, I don't have to agree.
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2018
uncjay:

I dropped it cos I consider having such conversation over something technically insignificant to the message therein lame and dumb. I consider it a deliberate derailing of the values I intend to pass across lying bare at the perils of such a conservation. I bet you won't appreciate that. Yet you came at me. did I made any allegation? I only made few observations.

You know what bro, let it go. you made your point, be contented you did, I don't have to agree.
your style of adamancy is unequalled. Am sorry if my question provoked even though you left it untended. Am not a derailer! But this is why we are here.

Onelove sir!
Re: Are You Living Up To Your Responsibilities? by uncjay(m): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
IjeleNwa:
your style of adamancy is unequalled. Am sorry if my question provoked even though you left it untended. Am not a derailer! But this is why we are here.

Onelove sir!

As for your question, I'm trying my best, though with certain lapses admittedly, yes I'm trying my best in discharging my duties.

Hope this pacify you.......
one love from here too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ec-council's Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Training Program / Nigerian Youth Resist SARS Harassment In Abeokuta Today / Daddy Freeze React To The Wedding Of Ooni Of Ife And Prophetess, Naomi Oluwaseyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.