Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars (11290 Views)

PHOTO: Volkswagen To Start Manufacturing Vehicles In Nigeria / Volkswagen To Build Evs In 16 Factories Worldwide & Nigeria Is Not One Of Them / Volkswagen To Stop The Production Of Beetle With The Current Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by AutoReportNG: 12:10am On Mar 12, 2018
Nothing lasts for a life they said, this can be said of our dear lovely Beetle car popularly known as Ijapa as this may be its last set in terms of production.

Frank Welsch, the R&grin boss for Volkswagen, confirmed at the Geneva Motor Show there will be no replacement for the current Beetle in the company's lineup. The retro-inspired slot will instead be occupied by VW's all-electric microbus, the I.D. Buzz.

Currently, Volkswagen offers the Beetle as a coupe or convertible, as well as a special "Dune" edition. According to previous rumors, production could end as soon as this year, while arrival for the production version of the I.D. Buzz isn't expected until 2022.

The new Beetle has been in production since 1997, with a new generation arriving in 2011. Before that was the classic Beetle, a rear-engine, air-cooled two-door considered to be one of the most important cars of the 20th century.

There's no word on whether Volkswagen will bring back the Beetle in the future, but considering it's done it once before, we don't see why it couldn't happen again, should the market demand it.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/end-of-era-volkswagen-to-stop.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by AutoReportNG: 12:12am On Mar 12, 2018
Whats your take? We will definitely miss the beetle brand

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 12, 2018
I ended up selling mine as scrap to lalasticlacla...
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Surd2121(m): 2:30am On Mar 12, 2018
yeri nbeto aka Oju ti elegan! about time.
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Riversides2003(m): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2018
Everything that has a beginning must surely come to an end. Hopefully they come out with something more creative and befits 21st century.

4 Likes

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by thelifepagesng(m): 6:59am On Mar 12, 2018
Be there
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Abfinest007(m): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2018
I don't to read or hear anything stop unless buhari is included in it
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by seunlayi(m): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2018
The last one will take somebody to Daura next year

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by ORACLE1975(m): 7:01am On Mar 12, 2018
What ooo my friend am still hoping to vet one by 2030
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by seunlayi(m): 7:01am On Mar 12, 2018
grayht:
I ended up selling mine as scrap to lalasticlacla...

You are banned from nairaland till 2019 grin

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by hypernikao(m): 7:02am On Mar 12, 2018
Indeed, it's the end of an era. I remember all the fantastic moments I had sitting in the shotgun of this beauty on my way to primary school.
Maybe if I buy one and keep, I could sell it for a million dollars in 2050, Just maybe.

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Muritino(m): 7:04am On Mar 12, 2018
What will happen to the likes of Bora, Jetta, Golf, etc?

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by elgramz: 7:09am On Mar 12, 2018
The only constant thing in life is change

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Oladipo1166(m): 7:09am On Mar 12, 2018
Who cares? when what am thinking of is to buy an helicopter.
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 12, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take? We will definitely miss the beetle brand

To be honest, I am still missing the 'old' beetle, that I never really liked the 'new' one, so I am not too sad.

But it is strange, VW is getting rid of its brands that sell....not too long ago, the 'Kombi' bus was ended....

2 Likes

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by seunfly: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2018
They need to stop, nothing last for ever, even aboki perfume will stop.smelling on you one day.

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Lawalemi(m): 7:27am On Mar 12, 2018
E reach naaw. It has outlived it's relevance
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Weareone202: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2018
I hear ooooo
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by RealGucci: 7:35am On Mar 12, 2018
scrap
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Revolva(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2018
haaaa we will miss beetle
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by femi4: 7:45am On Mar 12, 2018
Better, that car na punishment. Air cooling system is punishment
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Pavore9: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2018
Classic!
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 12, 2018
Be the ahange

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 12, 2018
Be the change

Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by EarthXmetahuman: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2018
That beetle was actually my first car embarassed

Did nasty things in there. Good times.
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by yaksdavirus: 9:55am On Mar 12, 2018
When last did I even see one. Scrap it beg
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by Dindondin(m): 11:07am On Mar 12, 2018
Original Beetle was OBJ and my dad's 1st car
Re: End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars by IME1: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
My first car in 2002

Sold it off around 2007

I regret it deeply

The car had issues, but I think I didn't just have the right mechanical and electrical handlers

If I see I go buy if possible cool

Before my grandpa died he was acquiring many he wanted to use for what ...

It's good to listen when people talk, you don't know when they are gone and you cannot get the info again from them.

So many things I wish my grandparents told me before they died cry

Ode to My VOLKSWAGON
I'll miss you VW, I drove you with pride, you almost broke my wrist in changing gear to reverse. Your fuel pump was in front in the boot and made people wonder whenever I join any line in a filling station grin. Your boot infront was also another confusion. I had to use bicycle chain to lock the boot cos the lock was very difficult and could disappoint. Your engine at the back made noise more than the caterpillar I pass. Your door used to open while I'm in motion, so u tot me to drive wt one hand which I still do and has led to accident while I was driving a benz, and has made people think I'm posing or being proud while driving wt one hand tongue.
I liked the additional side windows that could open like house window and I like the open bottom inside the front of the car, giving more leg space. My first accident was with u against a 504, your injuries were minor to compare to the overhauling we had to do for the Peugeot angry
I consciously have to learn the 9-3 hand driving. You tot me how to be a rugged driver and endure water entering inside the motor to the seat level. I battled with rats for any food item I left inside you cos of ur many holes!
I could go on. Oh VW, may u b granted a decent resting and be honoured in the records and on the walls of true German machines, hail VW Beetle cheesy grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma Shares His Views On Nigeria's Manufacturing Sector With TVC / Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues / Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.