Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue – Buhari (311 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Fayose’s Response To Buhari's "I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa" Comment / "I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue" - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue – Buhari by bushreporter: 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has denied knowledge of days which the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris spent in Benue State after he was ordered to relocate to the state.

President Buhari said this on Monday during a meeting with some stakeholders at the Government House in Makurdi, the state capital.

On January 9, the President had ordered the Inspector General of Police to immediately move to Benue State to restore law and order and prevent further loss of lives and properties, from escalating and spreading in the state.

Although Mr Idris obeyed the President’s directive, he reportedly left Benue State for Nasarwa State.

Addressing stakeholders at the Government House in Makurdi the President said he is just learning of the alleged noncompliance by the IGP but as a loyal leader, he will engage the IGP for inquires upon his return to Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

“What I did was to call him and give him the directive. I didn’t know he moved here (Benue State) and didn’t spend … and then moved to Nasarawa. It’s only now that I am knowing that.

“But I know I dispatched him here,” the President said.

Buhari made this explanation following demands by Governor Samuel Ortom that the IGP steer clear of partisan politics as a Police Chief and desist from holding an opinion on which law to implement or not.

Buhari said further that as a leader loyalty is very important.

The President said he operates with this watchword. According to him, the IGP is slow in using the intelligence and resources available to him but as a loyal leader, all he did was give the directive to the IGP instead publicly exposing his incompetence.

SOURCE

Re: I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue – Buhari by firo08(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2018
Buhari sincerely speaking, you lack credence.
Re: I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue – Buhari by musa234(m): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
This man Buhari is just clueless and incompetent
Re: I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue – Buhari by Mynd44: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2018

(1)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: The Desperation Of A Nigerian Politician / Dapchi Girls Are Back / Dapchi Abduction: 76 Released, 34 Schoolgirls Held Hostage – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.