Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor (18699 Views)

Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said / Killing Of Funke Olakunrin, A Declaration Of War On Yoruba - Odumakin / Is Insertion Of Alpha Beta Consulting Justifiable In The Land Use Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by LaudableXX: 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
stop crying the indeginous Lagosians are found in Lagos Ogun and other sw places and they are the same with the osun and ondo people so worry more about ur own enclave more

Exactly, o! shocked I wonder what he is saying....the Aworis who are indigenous Lagosians, stretch from Otta to Lagos, and the outskirts. And most of those Yorubas from other states, who have lived in Lagos for a whole generation or more, are even considered as "Omo Eko," too! Those Yoruba people do not discriminate as such among themselves, like those from different SE states, do. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by LaudableXX: 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2018
chuksjuve:
*LAND USE CHARGE: AMBODE SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL*

I have watched Governor Ambode’s video where he made a failed attempt to defend the obnoxious land use charge.

To start with, Governor Ambode does not know mathematics and does not understand economics. And he claims to be a chartered accountant.

The growth in Land Use Charge from N50,000 to N250,000 is 400% increase. Current Inflation rate is 15%. How can you increase a charge by 27 times the current inflation rate?

An increase of 400% overnight is called financial shock. When financial shock to people’s income is higher than inflation rate, people are effectively impoverished.

If the government wants to go from N50,000 to N250,000, it must be *graduated* over the 15 year period for which the rate should have been reviewed as shown below:
Year-0 (2017-last year): N50,000
Y1-2018: N63,333
Y2-2019: N76,666
Y3-2020: N89,999
Y4-2021: N103,333
Y5-2022: N116,667...
Y10-2027: N183,333
Y15-2032: N250,000...
Y16-2033: N250,000
Y17-2018: N250,000

If this 400% land use charge is enforced, all landlords and commercial property owners will increase their rents/fees thereby further impoverishing the people.
1. A landlord will increase his rent,
2. The event centre operator will increase his hall rental fee for a conference/symposium/wedding/birthday
3. Owners of shopping complexes will increase the rents of the shops they have let out
4. Commercial property owners will increase rents on lease office spaces
5. Business/shop owners paying a higher rent on leased office spaces will pass on the higher rent to their customers by increasing the prices of their goods and services.

This is how inflation worsens and people are systematically impoverished to fund Tinubu’s money-hungry pocket.

We must bear in mind that Ambode has already increased BRT/LAGBUS fare, Toll tariff, water rates, vehicle licence, introduced Radio tax, vehicle registration, road worthiness etc. Now Land Use Charge!

This is the same governor whose government created and legislated monopolies —Alpha Beta (revenue collection), Visionscape (waste management).

Where in the world does government create and legislate monopoly in a free-market economy?

Ambode must go back to school to re-learn economics

Are people made for the government or government is made for the people?

Must people be taxed to death because we want to feed Tinubu’s Alpha Beta?

*By Yomi Oladele

I feel like dashing the writer of this article 1,000 likes for his statements. cheesy I hereby award this comment, the best post of the month! Here, collect this chilled bottle and use it to cool down! cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
Kestolovee95:
Thiefnuubu and Oba lagoon's stomachs are bottomless pit, they can never get filled no matter how lagosians struggle to fill them.
'oba lagoon' grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by konkonbilo(m): 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Robisky001:
This ULC seems to be playing the opposition game better than PDP...
If only they can give Lie Mohammadus a run for his money.
like you read my mind. I wonder what PDP is doing without coming out to make some statement to boost their chance in the next coming election, this shows you their birds of feathers sad
Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by campbelljosh(m): 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2018
60% of Lagos workers live in Ogun state. Check mowe,akute,ifo,atan-ota,papalanto,otta are filled with Lagos workers. Many only work in lagos and jejely go to ogun buy land and build their houses. Many can't afford to buy land in lagos or pay the high rents charged. Lagos is overrated I keep telling my friends. Too dirty, too crowded,miscreants everywhere but it still remain the centre of excellence...lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by bumtos(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Kestolovee95(f): 12:05am On Mar 13, 2018
LaudableXX:
[s]

Exactly, o! shocked I wonder what he is saying....the Aworis who are indigenous Lagosians, stretch from Otta to Lagos, and the outskirts. And most of those Yorubas from other states, who have lived in Lagos for a whole generation or more, are even considered as "Omo Eko," too! Those Yoruba people do not discriminate as such among themselves, like those from different SE states, do. undecided[/s]

Your ewedu-filled yoromumu skull will conveniently forget how yoruba muslims are breaking the heads of christians of hijabian issue, it will also forget how Oyedepo from kwara refused to give his niece admission into covenant university because she is muslim. grin

Keep fooling your amala-swallowing skull there about your 'fake unity' which you use to do eye service when Ibos are not watching but tear yourselves apart when Igbo are not watching. grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by nametalkam: 12:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Mybestlove "Every family in Nigeria is a small local govt."

THANK You!!! Very true

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by LaudableXX: 12:16am On Mar 13, 2018
Kestolovee95:
Kestolovee95 an ewedu-filled yoromumu skull will conveniently forget how yoruba muslims are breaking the heads of christians of hijabian issue, it will also forget how Oyedepo from kwara refused to give his niece admission into covenant university because she is muslim. grin

Keep fooling your amala-swallowing skull there Kestolovee95 about your 'fake unity' which you use to do eye service when Ibos are not watching but tear yourselves apart when Igbo are not watching. grin

Fixed! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 13, 2018
Kestolovee95:

Your ewedu-filled yoromumu skull will conveniently forget how yoruba muslims are breaking the heads of christians of hijabian issue, it will also forget how Oyedepo from kwara refused to give his niece admission into covenant university because she is muslim. grin

Keep fooling your amala-swallowing skull there about your 'fake unity' which you use to do eye service when Ibos are not watching but tear yourselves apart when Igbo are not watching. grin
Put some respek on Yoruba's name brah.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by LaudableXX: 12:30am On Mar 13, 2018
kapasi89:
Put some respek on Yoruba's name brah.
Who told you he was describing your Yoruba people? He was just describing himself, don't you get it? That is why he kept referring to himself as Yoromumu. It suits him so well, don't you agree? cheesy grin
Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Who told you he was describing your Yoruba people? He was just describing himself, don't you get it? That is why he kept referring to himself as Yoromumu. It suits him so well, don't you agree? cheesy grin
grin
Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Omodua(m): 12:36am On Mar 13, 2018
[quote author=Alariiwo post=65783087]

You think?

So who are those living in Lagos Slums and ghettos, selling second hand okrika wears and made in Aba shoes all over SW?

Soon Lagos will demolish all their 2×2 rice, garri and beans shops and other illegal structuresthey erect all over Lagos.[ /quote]
why are you so mean? you are trivialising the import of the message with tribal comments. Comrade Joe Ajaero should be commended for the initiative.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Exactly, o! shocked I wonder what he is saying....the Aworis who are indigenous Lagosians, stretch from Otta to Lagos, and the outskirts. And most of those Yorubas from other states, who have lived in Lagos for a whole generation or more, are even considered as "Omo Eko," too! Those Yoruba people do not discriminate as such among themselves, like those from different SE states, do. undecided
lol most of them don’t know wat they are talking about one day is bini land second day no mans land third daythe indigenous Yoruba of Lagos are different.they don’t know that awori and ijebu who are indigene of Lagos are also indigene of other sw state like Ogun we cannot be separated by some ranting osu on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 13, 2018
Didi2d:
This is one of those reasons Fashola had problems with Tinubu, Fashola didn't accent to every idea Tinubu brought
Fashola almost got impeached for that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 13, 2018
Alariiwo:

Ask Fashola, he'll tell you..

Tinubu is a type of man that pockets everything. From Banire to Pedro and the likes, they all had one or two issues with him.

Yep

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by CocoaOla: 2:56am On Mar 13, 2018
Lagosian must pay breathing tax too

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by placeofallure(f): 2:57am On Mar 13, 2018
Ambode's administration has been nothing but a sham. The agents from the water corporation did some things to our water supply which automatically places it on a meter that runs at #5000 prepaid card for 3 days. How much do I make per week that I will spend a whole 5k on only water for mere 3 days? As if that is not enough, water has become like electricity now, it goes at will without any explanation. This is robbery at broad daylight.
Everywhere you turn to in Lagos now is refuse, the horrible putrid smell oozing out is enough to make one lose a pregnancy. At Idumota you're practically walking on the dump cos it has spilled on the roads. The exact thing Ambode's government symbolises I don't know. What I know is whoever torments me, God will surely torment tebi tara, Ko ju bee lo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Softhands(m): 3:25am On Mar 13, 2018
Na Airport and Seaport make Lagos be hot cake... Plus Access to international routes... Else what's really in Lagos in itself? Nothing!
campbelljosh:
60% of Lagos workers live in Ogun state. Check mowe,akute,ifo,atan-ota,papalanto,otta are filled with Lagos workers. Many only work in lagos and jejely go to ogun buy land and build their houses. Many can't afford to buy land in lagos or pay the high rents charged. Lagos is overrated I keep telling my friends. Too dirty, too crowded,miscreants everywhere but it still remain the centre of excellence...lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by nobaga: 4:04am On Mar 13, 2018
Is there a possibility that any bona fide Lagosian will support these Atohunriwa named Tinubu and Ambode?

This is a war on Lagosians. Most of the original Lagosians would lose their houses to Tinubu and Ambode when they would not be able to pay. The curse of Tinubu will not end until Judas is made out of him the way we used to do on the streets of Lagos.

Enough is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 13, 2018
too many crooks in govt house! I've done the needful, hence my tenants I'll sure bear the brunt., they keep pleading but my hands are tied, so I admonished them to also do the needful with their PVC's in the coming elections, case closed!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Ralphdan(m): 6:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Alariiwo:

You think?

So who are those living in Lagos Slums and ghettos, selling second hand okrika wears and made in Aba shoes all over SW?

Soon Lagos will demolish all their 2×2 rice, garri and beans shops and other illegal structures they erect all over Lagos.

I see hate consuming your soul
Free yourself of it,it kills

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by OmoMummy2: 7:49am On Mar 13, 2018
Ambode is clueless on how to manage the affairs of Lagos, he doesn’t deserve to continue.APC is a scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Kestolovee95(f): 8:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Every landlord in Lagos should demand that their tenants get their PVC and vote out the criminal Ambode if they don't want an increment in house rent come 2019.

Call a meeting, show them the new Land use charge and make them understand that a victory for APC in 2019 means a 400% increase in their rents. It very simple, the hands of landlords are tied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Frankbaro(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2018
Alariiwo:

What of those ones that cross the Niger river into another geopolitical zone entirely?
By geopolitical, I mean a different geographical and political zone where they don't belong atal, yet trying to drag ownership in a place far away from their home.

They should jump into the lagoon I guess

You have always been a fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 13, 2018
Every law made by ambode is directed at Non indigenous citizens but at the end those poor indegenes who supported the law would later feel the brunt at the end. I see Lagos state conditioning itself for more igbo traders.

Only the rich would live In Lagos one day and don't count off business men... They would add extra cost to their goods and rent chikena

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by NothingDoMe: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2018
mybestlove:
Ambode should understand that Lagos is not in Europe. European governments tax the people and render services to them like unemployment benefits, free healthcare, family allowances, child bonuses.
You can't introduce heavy tax on people that drink water from their own borehole, electricity with their generators, healthcare in private hospitals, children in private schools. Every family in Nigeria is a small local govt.

If you want to make Lagos look like Dubai overnight, go source investors or take loan. This youre tax madness is stupid please. It will only make things/life difficult for the poor. It must affect rent, transportation, prices of goods/services.

What did Nigerians do to APC
My brother thank you oh. Help us ask them how we offend APC. They seem only interested in punishing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by MyCircle(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2018
When would it ever get easier for the common man

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Truthcat: 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ambode and Tinubu, I don't envy you two at all, this is what you get when your actions are laced with cowardice.

A bill like this has to appeal to Yoruba for it to have the necessary backing it needs, by using your DAWN project to exempt the indigenous people of the region, and then raise the tax to high heaven for others. Doing this will achieve two things, Yoruba will continue to have the necessary expansion needed while you make the money and we can comfortably tell those who don't want to obey the law to go back to their region. Abi who is advising you people? I tire for you oo!

Ambode and Tinubu need fresh ideas, this very one has no head but tail because it does not favor your own. America gave housing vouchers to white Americans to move to the suburbs just because they felt black population moving to their neighborhoods is threatening, why can't Lagos give priority to Yoruba? Other Nigerians will get used to it that the govt is protecting the indigenous people just as their home govts do back in their own regions too. Wake up and stop giving yourselves unnecessary headache.
Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Truthcat: 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2018
Don't mind this poster, our leaders gave them power to talk. The DAWN project should have taken care of the situation, no one would tell them it's the law when Yoruba are always given priority in everything, but our leaders are too dumb to do the right thing.
Thetruthsayer10:
stop crying the indeginous Lagosians are found in Lagos Ogun and other sw places and they are the same with the osun and ondo people so worry more about ur own enclave more

1 Like

Re: Lagos Land Use Act: A Declaration Of War Against Lagosians Especially The Poor by Truthcat: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
There was no boundaries between Ijebu Awori and Egba. All Lekki and Ajah to Ikorodu and Epe are Ijebuland, while western board of Lagos are Egba's and Aworis. Central Lagos is pure Awori's. I still don't see the artificial boundaries created by states creation, let ugu nomads who have nothing to their names keep JE APORO!
Thetruthsayer10:
lol most of them don’t know wat they are talking about one day is bini land second day no mans land third daythe indigenous Yoruba of Lagos are different.they don’t know that awori and ijebu who are indigene of Lagos are also indigene of other sw state like Ogun we cannot be separated by some ranting osu on nairaland

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun / Obasanjo Visits Abiodun Over The Death Of His Father / Daniel Bwala: Church Rat, Poisoned Holy Communion Is Comment Offensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.