Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC (1097 Views)

Gombe Governor Inuwa Appoints Igboman, Chidebelu Ewuzie, 2 Others / Say Something To Voters That Re-elected The Current Government. / Buhari Receives Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by emerem: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2018
Yesterday, 11 March 2018, the judges of the International Criminal Court (ICC), sitting in a plenary session, elected Judge Chile Eboe-Osuji (Nigeria) as President of the Court for a three-year term with immediate effect. Judge Robert Fremr (Czech Republic) was elected First Vice-President and Judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut (France) Second Vice-President.

“I am deeply honoured to have been elected by my peers as President of the International Criminal Court. As I take up my duties, I feel encouraged that I am able to rely on the wide experience of the two Vice-Presidents, Judge Robert Fremr and Judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut, both of whom I have closely worked with previously. I look forward to working together with them as well as with all the judges, all the Officials and the staff of the Court in a spirit of collegiality. I also look forward to collaborating with the Assembly of States Parties, civil society and the international community at large, acting together to strengthen and reinforce the Rome Statute system, the 20th anniversary of the adoption of which we celebrate this year”, President Chile Eboe-Osuji stated following the election. “I am also grateful to the previous President, Judge Silvia Fernández de Gurmendi, and Vice-Presidents, Judges Joyce Aluoch and Kuniko Ozaki, for their work and leadership,” he added.

The Presidency – consisting of the President and the two Vice-Presidents – plays a key role in providing strategic leadership to the ICC as a whole. The Presidency coordinates with the other organs and seeks the concurrence of the Prosecutor on matters of mutual concern. In accordance with the Rome Statute, the ICC’s governing treaty, the Presidency is responsible for the proper administration of the Court, with the exception of the Office of the Prosecutor. The Presidency oversees the activities of the Registry and provides input into a broad range of administrative policies affecting the Court’s overall functioning. Furthermore it conducts judicial review of certain decisions of the Registrar and concludes Court-wide cooperation agreements with States and international organizations.

Meanwhile, the news has resulted in wild jubilations in the South East and Some South South States, as IPOB members see the development as good news for the Biafra agitation.

Recall that President Buhari, Army Chief, Buratai, Gov Obiano, Ikpeazu etc, have been dragged to ICC recently by IPOB over the death of some of their members.

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by Kestolovee95(f): 10:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
Afonjarudeens be like 'we don hear na... wetin gan sef!" grin

3 Likes

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by Sealeddeal(m): 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2018
Source
Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by emerem: 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Source

Just type in Chile Eboe Osuji into your google search engine.
Preview screenshots:

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by kettykin: 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
within a week an igbo man got elected as a senator in Italy and another got elected as President of ICC, tommorrow one brainless foool will call them 5 percenters and wailers.

6 Likes

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by Xcex: 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nice one bro, chukwu gba gi ume.

1 Like

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
Delta ibo beside dis one na OSU not real Igbo.

1 Like

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by OjukwuWarBird: 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2018
ICC loading for Buhari and his cohorts.
Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by nnachukz(m): 12:24am On Mar 13, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Delta ibo beside dis one na OSU not real Igbo.
When people like you talk, we see clearly how debased you are.
The man you call Osu, is better than you a million time.

1 Like

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by deomelo: 12:34am On Mar 13, 2018
kettykin:
within a week an igbo man got elected as a senator in Italy and another got elected as President of ICC, tommorrow one brainless foool will call them 5 percenters and wailers.

Nigerians from every corner of Nigeria have occupied many and even more prestigious global positions like the President of the World Court/International Court of Justice, so what's the big deal here, especially the tribal coloration.

Just be happy for the man instead of the needless and predictable chest-beating.
Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by jerflakes(m): 12:48am On Mar 13, 2018
deomelo:

Nigerians from every corner of Nigeria have occupied many and even more prestigious global positions like the President of the World Court/International Court of Justice, so what's the big deal here, especially the tribal coloration.

Just be happy for the man instead of the needless and predictable chest-beating.

Igbo amaka

Screw you

3 Likes

Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by jumobi1(m): 1:07am On Mar 13, 2018
deomelo:

We are happy for him because it’s a big deal. No need to
Chest beat though
Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by deomelo: 1:13am On Mar 13, 2018
jerflakes:

Igbo amaka

Screw you

Typical, what else is new?
Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by deomelo: 1:15am On Mar 13, 2018
jumobi1:

We are happy for him because it’s a big deal. No need to
Chest beat though

Being happy and needless tribalism and insulting other people are definitely not the same.
Re: A Igboman Elected The President Of ICC by jerflakes(m): 1:18am On Mar 13, 2018
deomelo:

Typical, what else is new?

Igbo amaka again

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Anyiin, House To The Former Gov. Of Benue State Gts, Is Under Attack Currently. / Ekiti Governorship Election That Produce Fayose Full Of ‘hanky-panky’ – Buhari / Presidency Accuses Obasanjo Of Masterminding Removal Of 5 Governors From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.