Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. (711 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Maximus85(m): 1:04am On Mar 13, 2018
There's nothing you can say or do that will stop them. They can't be stopped. World governments are against Jehovah's Witnesses. Why? What is so special about them? Have you ever asked yourself? Are there not worse religions on earth? But why are Jehovah's Witnesses the most hated?

They are not a religious group with the highest population in the world, just around 8million. But who doesn't know them? They publish the world's most distributed magazines, The Watchtower and Awake.

The world's population is about 7.6billion, meaning Jehovah's Witnesses are like 0.11% of the world's population. So why are they known all over the world? Why are they so significant? How did they manage to make the Watchtower and Awake the number one most distributed magazines in the world? They even have their magazines is more than 250 languages (if I'm not wrong)

Shouldn't we conclude that there may be a mighty force behind these people? Or how have they managed to accomplished so much?

You can't even stop them from coming to preach to you. Or can you. If you send them away from your house, you will meet them on the streets.

These are my numerous questions. Let's find answers pls.

See, I am one of them. And nothing can make me change. I will serve Jehovah till the end. Nothing can separate me from Jehovah.

But these aforementioned questions must be answered.

www.jw.org
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Paradigm777: 1:14am On Mar 13, 2018
A JW spotted.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by true2god: 5:17am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:
There's nothing you can say or do that will stop them. They can't be stopped. World governments are against Jehovah's Witnesses. Why? What is so special about them? Have you ever asked yourself? Are there not worse religions on earth? But why are Jehovah's Witnesses the most hated?

They are not a religious group with the highest population in the world, just around 8million. But who doesn't know them? They publish the world's most distributed magazines, The Watchtower and Awake.

The world's population is about 7.6billion, meaning Jehovah's Witnesses are like 0.11% of the world's population. So why are they known all over the world? Why are they so significant? How did they manage to make the Watchtower and Awake the number one most distributed magazines in the world? They even have their magazines is more than 250 languages (if I'm not wrong)

Shouldn't we conclude that there may be a mighty force behind these people? Or how have they managed to accomplished so much?

You can't even stop them from coming to preach to you. Or can you. If you send them away from your house, you will meet them on the streets.

See, I am one of them. And nothing can make me change. I will serve Jehovah till the end. Nothing can separate me from Jehovah.

www.jw.org

The same way the JW had wasted over 100 years castigating other Christian congregations as 'Babylon the great', 'the Christendom', 'the false religion' and other JW officially sanctioned descriptions of other Christians.

How do you want other Christians to react when your magazines, especially the Awake! and the WATCHTOWER, are filled with anti-christian bigotry in the name of 'Bible truth' or 'what the bible really teaches'?

On a secular level you guys refused to serve in any defense capacity, political capacity and some educational capacity (especially the ones not sanctioned by the GB of the watchtower). Do you expect any reasonable govt to keep quiet while a technically rebellious but nonviolence organization to take root in their society or state? No sensible govt will allow a kind of organization whose modus operandi can jeorpadize state security, especially when young men are needed to defend their land from invasion or even terrorist attacks.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 5:29am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

www.jw.org

Let's me list the reasons.

1. Hypocrisy
2. Double standards
3. Falsehood
4. Children sacrifice on the alter of no blood
5. The religion the criticizes other religious groups but crystal foul whenever their name is mentioned.
6. Idolizing the watchtower organization
7. Conditional love
8. Disobeying Christ Jesus with their 21st century doctrine
9. High level of thoughts and mind control
10. Shielding pedophiles within the congregation with their self serving saving policies.

@op, don't deceive yourself. While some people hate you or your attitude, others admire you and your attitude. Same goes to other religious groups.

Watchtower and Awake is the "most" distributed magazines (these has never been confirmed by other independent sources other than the watchtower) among lands where Christianity is thriving because it is the main source of the organization income. Watchtower is first and foremost a publishing corporation, before religious. Their revenue comes from the sales of these books (call voluntary donations), so in order to achieve that, you must distribute the books and publications as wide as possible
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Maximus85(m): 7:54am On Mar 13, 2018
rottennaija:

Let's me list the reasons.

1. Hypocrisy
2. Double standards
3. Falsehood
4. Children sacrifice on the alter of no blood
5. The religion the criticizes other religious groups but crystal foul whenever their name is mentioned.
6. Idolizing the watchtower organization
7. Conditional love
8. Disobeying Christ Jesus with their 21st century doctrine
9. High level of thoughts and mind control
10. Shielding pedophiles within the congregation with their self serving saving policies.

@op, don't deceive yourself. While some people hate you or your attitude, others admire you and your attitude. Same goes to other religious groups.

Watchtower and Awake is the "most" distributed magazines (these has never been confirmed by other independent sources other than the watchtower) among lands where Christianity is thriving because it is the main source of the organization income. Watchtower is first and foremost a publishing corporation, before religious. Their revenue comes from the sales of these books (call voluntary donations), so in order to achieve that, you must distribute the books and publications as wide as possible

One word for you. You don't know them. And please kindly check Wikipedia. In fact Google it. We don't sell our magazines. What we as witnesses contribute is a very big chunk already. Have you ever hear from Forbes that we are among the richest religious groups? We have nobody flying private jets.

As for blood, the Bible clearly states that we abstain from blood. So if you decide to safe your life by intentionally breaking God law, abeg no die again ooo. "He who try to save his life will lose it but the one who loses his life for God's sake will gain it".

Go to the US and learn medical side effects of blood transfusion. Many non witnesses are even claiming to be JW so that they can get treatments without blood.

Have you recently read any news from America complaining about Witnesses not taking blood. Our brain is still black here in Nigeria that's why we still hear people saying that trash, cos they are not enlightened.

Shielding pedophiles within the congregation, alaye see, even if you push your wife alone, not beating her o, you will be disfellowshiped. If you commit adultery or fornication, you're a virus, you will be removed. Let us use our sense and say things we witnessed, not what some idiots write on the internet. Have you ever seen a JW who is a pedophile? Don't receive the wrath on God pls.

In Nigeria alone, since we've been seeing and reading in the news, how many Jehovah's Witnesses have you seen or heard arrested for breaking the law or committing a crime?

We don't idolize anything or anyone, we don't even idolize Jesus Christ. So what are you saying?

Double standards, lol, we are imperfect humans. You can't rule out one out of ten that won't mess up. Even among Jesus' disciples, one was the black sheep. So you wont conclude that all of them are hypocrites.
But kindly compare the hypocrisy and double standards you've noticed among Jehovah's people with others religious people in the world. The little in our is so obvious because of our high moral standards. You can easily see flaws.

1 Like

Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

One word for you. You don't know them. And please kindly check Wikipedia. In fact Google it. We don't sell our magazines. What we as witnesses contribute is a very big chunk already. Have you ever hear from Forbes that we are among the richest religious groups? We have nobody flying private jets.

As for blood, the Bible clearly states that we abstain from blood. So if you decide to safe your life by intentionally breaking God law, abeg no die again ooo. "He who try to save his life will lose it but the one who loses his life for God's sake will gain it".

Go to the US and learn medical side effects of blood transfusion. Many non witnesses are even claiming to be JW so that they can get treatments without blood.

Have you recently read any news from America complaining about Witnesses not taking blood. Our brain is still black here in Nigeria that's why we still hear people saying that trash, cos they are not enlightened.

Shielding pedophiles within the congregation, alaye see, even if you push your wife alone, not beating her o, you will be disfellowshiped. If you commit adultery or fornication, you're a virus, you will be removed. Let us use our sense and say things we witnessed, not what some idiots write on the internet. Have you ever seen a JW who is a pedophile? Don't receive the wrath on God pls.

In Nigeria alone, since we've been seeing and reading in the news, how many Jehovah's Witnesses have you seen or heard arrested for breaking the law or committing a crime?

We don't idolize anything or anyone, we don't even idolize Jesus Christ. So what are you saying?

Double standards, lol, we are imperfect humans. You can't rule out one out of ten that won't mess up. Even among Jesus' disciples, one was the black sheep. So you wont conclude that all of them are hypocrites.
But kindly compare the hypocrisy and double standards you've noticed among Jehovah's people with others religious people in the world. The little in our is so obvious because of our high moral standards. You can easily see flaws.

I will respond appropriately in time. Obviously, you don't know much about the religion you defend. Obviously, you don't.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Maximus85(m): 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
rottennaija:

I will respond appropriately in time. Obviously, you don't know much about the religion you defend. Obviously, you don't.

Jehovah's Witnesses is not a religion. They are Christians who do things according to the scripture. And I'm not defending Jehovah's Witnesses, I'm defending my faith, my belief.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Jehovah's Witnesses is not a religion. They are Christians who do things according to the scripture. And I'm not defending Jehovah's Witnesses, I'm defending my faith, my belief.

Hmmm... Jehovah's witnesses is not a religion. Catholic is not a religion. Redeem is not a religion.

Hmmm again.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

www.jw.org

Catholic Church that has over 1 billion followers do not have grandiose delusions or exhibit elevated feeling of self importance like your religion. Na only una go write about una sef, na only una go praise una sef. Smh
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
Please understand me, I am only responding for information purposes, not to attack your religion. I have been a part of it since birth, still a part of it physically. I never really understood how things work untill recently.

In respect to financing and funds:
From it's inception in 1800s to late 1980s, watchtower has been selling their publications, awake, watchtower, etc with specific prices attached to them. It was only in the late 80s they change to voluntary donations, mainly because the government wanted to tax religious institutions that sell their books. Of course, they joined suit with other religious groups to stop the move by the US government, they failed. So from that time on, they offer their publications through voluntary donations. At first, when the new policy came into place, JWs were told to pay for the publications they received and then when they place the publications in the field, they can then get the money to offset their initial payment. Then, watchtower change the policy so that Jws are expected to contribute for the magazines received and also sent contributions received from the ministry to the society, (in what amounts to double contributions). All funds are sent to the branch in each country which in turn then send the funds to headquarters in Neywork or Warwick. Now, imagine the situations as evident in all churches around us, where tithe or contributions are sent to the man or group of men who are leaders of the churches. This is exactly how watchtower is structured.

All the kingdom halls, Assembly halls and branch facilities are owned by the watchtower society. Just imagine this situation in one of the churches around you locally. Members of say Redeem church contribute money, buy lands, probably build facilities for worship. Later, they have a need for building something befitting, better. The headquarters probably, based sayin Lagos, then gives the local group money for the project, the work is carried out. The local church contributes funds to the work, feeds the workers, provide cheap or unpaid labourers to the project. At the end, the project is completed and fit for use. The headquarter based in lagos now instructs the local church members to repay what the loan used in the project to the headquarter monthly, in addition to other regular contributions sent to the headquarters. At the same time, the building that has been completed is titled and owned by the headquarters. So we have a situation where the local church group is repaying loan to the headquarter for the project, the land was bought by them, they are contributing to the headquarters regularly and at the same time, the building is owned by the headquarter.

So, irrespect of what the local church members had done, bought the land, contributing for building, maintain the building, repay the loan used to for the building project, send money frequently to the headquarters etc, the building belong to the headquarter or the men controling the church. Not to the local body who suffered and slave for it.

That is the situation existing in the watchtower org today. All KH, Assembly Halls, Generators, Lands etc belong to the watchtower org based in Warwick. They even resell these properties at their own will. It is simply stealth tithing.

In the aspect of offering publications free of change, lets just assume there are:
8m Jws,
1 Jw offers 2 publications free of charge, each week and
the householder contributes only 20 Naira.
They are 4 weeks in a months.
They are 12 months in a year.
Let's do the calculation.

8m x 2 x 20 x 4 = 1.28billion naira in 1 month
12 x 1.28 = 15.36 billion naira in 1 year (12 months)

The above should now give you an idea of what is sent to the watchtower yearly, and is just a little assumption because they are those who contribute 200 naira, 1000 naira couple with the fact that watchtower and awake is published 4 times a year now.

True, they are operational cost, feeding, overheads etc. But when you consider that the watchtower uses free labour in almost all aspect of their projects, building, magazine distributions etc.

The truth is, no one knows exactly how much watchtower is worth. They are not transparent and do not open their account to scrutiny, so how do you expect Forbes to know? While they may not be buying private Jets, those at the top echelon, the governing body and other top watchtower officials enjoy privileges and vacations that other lowly rank jws can only dream of. Also, if tomorrow they start getting private jets, it would still be presented as "evidence of divine blessing", and not one will say a jack about it.

As a question, do you know that each time you attend assemblies, you, your congregation and those using the facilities are renting it from the watchtower organisation? If you do not believe it, next time you attend the circuit assemblies, pay special attention to the circuit account by the circuit account servant.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
In respect to blood:
There is not scriptural command against blood transfusion to save a life. True, the bible warned to abstain from blood, but it was specifically against the practice of eating blood. What medical science has achieve today is using the blood to save a life, as there are no alternative to blood. Let me state here clearly, watchtower is spreading a lot of misinformation regarding blood to JWs and its leading to a lot of unneccessary death of both young and old.

One of the misinformation is that eating blood is same as blood transfussion. In simple terms, blood transfussion is a tissue transplant, (just as organ transplant) because blood is a fluid tissue. When blood enters the body, it simple continues its function as blood, as an organ, not used as the body as food.

Another misinformation spread by the watchtower is the use of false analogy. False analogy is an erroreous form of reasoning, called fallacy. It simple means "assuming that because two things are alike in one or more respect, it is necessarily alike in some other respect." For example, consider the analogy, "Faith is like WIFI. It's invisible but has the power to connect you to what you need." Or for example, the analogy watchtower uses asking, "If your doctor told you to abstain from alcohol, would you have it injected into your veins?". This falsehood in this analogy can be explained by asking "If your doctor told you to abstain from eating meat, would you stop you from having an organ transplant if you have a failing organ?"

Notice in the book "What can the bible teach us", watchtower has removed the picture of that woman and with the false analogy question. Why? Because most JWs are now realizing the falsehood in the analogy. Yet, watchtower had known for more than 50 years that blood transfussion is not same with eating blood. The fact is, blood is a tissue, a fluid tissue.

Also, consider this, Blood is only a symbol of life, the greater thing is the life itself, how can someone in his right sense upholds a symbol while allowing the greater thing to waste away? Think about this... The symbol of a marriage is the wedding ring. Let's say you are faced with a threatening situation, where you choose between keeping the symbol and keeping the thing it symbolises, which is your life of your wife or husband.

Aside from what has been presented above, the greatest and gravest omission by watchtower is failing to tell JWs that, to Jehovah and Jesus, life is greater than any law and when life is threatened, laws themselves were put aside to save the life. That was why Jesus reprimanded the Pharisee, saying to them. "If they had understood the meaning of the saying, I want mercy and not sacrifice..." (Mt 9:13). Reading through the pages of the bible, you will see many examples of Jehovah and Jesus breaking laws, to save a life. In respect of JWs blood policy/doctrine and how it is emforced, one cannot fail to see the parallel between the unmerciful attitute of the religious governing body of Jesus's day (the Pharisees) and the governing body of JWs today. They scrupulously hold to the letters of the law, while disregarding the weightier matters of mercy, justice and faithfulness.

You may find more research on the subject of blood, mercy and sacrifice more revealing and interesting. The link below discusses more on the subject.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cy3RPbbzxXWDR2MVFLeTNQcDg/view?usp=drivesdk

http://ajwrb.org/questions-for-those-who-believe-in-the-watcthower-blood-policy

http://ajwrb.org/do-jws-really-abstain-from-blood

http://ajwrb.org/watchtowers-approved-blood-transfusions

In closing, regarding blood transfussion, i want to remind you that, today watchtower is banning blood transfussion. Yesterday, it was organ transplant, vaccination, serum injection, using almost an identical argument used to ban blood. Many JWs died needlessly for a policy that was never from God, as it is today. Watchtower is certainly playing God with people's life. You may not have realise it, but indirectly, watchtower has approved the transfussion of all that makes blood what it is, but frowns upon whole blood and major fractions like RBC, WBC, plalates and plasma. Yet allows blood fractions they called minor. One wonders how they parallel the pharisees of Jesus day in their legalistic rules and regulation.

Watchtower also exaggerate the dangers of blood transfussion, while becareful in mentioning it's benefit. Personally, I have seen someone that took blood transfussion and survived. It is also interesting to note that the President of Nigeria, PMB said he had to be transfused. It is also on record that the President of USA carries his own blood bank in case of emergency. The point is, they are many that die after taking transufion and many that survive. But as in all cases, timing of administering of it matters a lot. When the blood count is low, human internal organs suffer as a result of lack of oxygen. If a transfussion is not carried out immediately, the organs will continue failing. When the transfussion is finanly done, it can no longer serve it's purpose.

The links above carries more information. I would surggest you go through it. You may learn one or few more things.
Re: Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
In respect to Paedophiles:
I do not want to say much. In print and in doctrine, JWs, do hate paedophilia and abhors it. but faulty and self-serving policies contributes to child sexual abuse occuring in the organisation that could have been prevented. There are reasons government of many countries, US, UK, Austrilia etc are holding the watchtower responsible for paedophiles having a field day in the different congregations of JWs. Below are Watchtower self-serving policies which endangers children within the congregations.

*Two witness rule
*calling the branch immediately when paedophiles are reported to the elders
*Not contacting/obstructing local authorities from investigating paedophiles within the congregation

It is interesting to see that in the legal section of the jw .org website, there is no mention of the many paedophile court cases the watchtower is engaged in. Many of those cases had been settled with watchtower paying millions in dollars for compensation to victims of child sexual abuse. Yet, unless a JW actually research outside watchtower sources, he will never know. That alone is one of the hypocritical double standard of the organisation.

Going through the watchtower publications, one cannot help but notice how often the organisation has been vocal in exposing paedophiles policies in other religious organisations. However, in recent times, it has been discovered that they have had it worse, but were only good not allowing the outside world to know of it.

it is also interesting to note that in section that covers legal matters (Please see www.jw.org/en/news/legal), not one mentioned is made of the costly legal battle the organisation is having in child abuse cases, resulting from their failed policies that continously exposes JW childrent of sexual predators. Not a single mention. However, as is evident in their publications, they had frequently been discussing such matters when it exposes other religious groups.

For a detail discussion of how the Two witness rule continues to endanger children of JWs, please visit
www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/paedophilia.php
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses%27_handling_of_child_sex_abuse#'Two_witness_rule

www.silentlamb.com covers paedophilia cases in the different congregations of Jehovah's witnesses

(1) (Reply)

The Boy Who Gave His Lunch To Jesus. / Jezebel Spirit And How It Operates / Is Taking Palm Wine A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.