Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele (19697 Views)

Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. / Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) / "Sowore Omoyele Will Go To Jail": Dino Melaye (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2018
martineverest:

fashola is far ahead of ambode...it seems tinubu is using ambode to recover money fashola didn't allow him access

1 Like

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2018
Laralag:
Sometimes I ponder why Nigeria politician are grossly insatiable. I recently goggled the pension scheme of ex governors in Lagos I almost fainted at the bogus amount and benefit I saw,, yet even though this pension is milking us dry this politician like Tinubu are still not satisfied they device means to continue to steal the countrt dry as if there is no tomorrow.
the legislators are jus figure head and tools in the hands of the politician.
I stand with this guy it is time we take Lagos back from this god fatherism
Tinubu life pension is the height of criminality and selfishness. Despite the exhorbitant provisions he personally made,it still didn't stop being from still looting the state blind through front companies like Visionscape,Hi-Tech construction and Alpha Beta

'Mr. Tinubu cornered for himself and his former leaders of the state pension for life, two houses – one in Lagos and another in Abuja (The notorious Akpabio’s law ranks better here as the house could only be either in Akwa Ibom or Abuja, not both).

The Lagos law also gives the governor six cars replaceable every three years( 3 for the governor, 1 pilot, 2 backup cars), furniture of 300% of his salary as governor to be paid every two years, a security detail same as in Kwara state, free medicals for the former governor and deputies and their immediate families.

Other benefits are 10 per cent house maintenance, 30 per cent car maintenance, 10 per cent entertainment, 20 per cent utility, and several domestic staff.'

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162059-how-saraki-tinubu-odili-others-rob-their-states-blind-through-obnoxious-pension-laws.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2018
hush15:

You still hear APC winning this and winning that, should APC be mentioned, not to mention winning with the hard situation of the country?

I just weep for this country
Elections are rigged and the illiterate and poor majority are bribed with cash,recharge cards and rice to sell their birthrights by voting for corrupt politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Adekdammy: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2018
ericsmith:

i bet the only reasoning for d reaction is because alpha beta is owned by tinubu ... their is no substancial point to criticise such partnership asides sentiments.
if tinubu is taking lagos funds the way we elites/e warriors illusion by now lagos should be a shadow of its investment ,,if all IGR are alloted to tinubu come lagos is setting d pace as development in all ramification as a state .. how many lagos state parastatals are owing salary or even pension . no one is holy even if they steal our money let every govt function @ 70% nigeria will move forward.

Thank goodness you admitted it's for tinubu.

Was there an open bid for tax collection by contractors to the extent that alpha beta won the bid.

How come no one knows the details of the agreement between Lagos state and alphabeta as regards tax collection, remember the revenue involved is our money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2018
Kestolovee95:

May God forgive me for thinking yorubas were the 'most educated' before the advent of internet. Chei!
It is not our fault,only 10% of the 17 million people in Lagos have quality education and are not living in abject poverty.The majority of Lagosians are easily exploited and the the patronage system Tinubu operates in Lagos pays off the right people like market women,local agberos leaders and road transport union leaders to get their members in line and vote/rig elections for him and his candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by blackseed(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2018
If na you get alpha beta , you go pray make them give the contracts to another company. Be sincere? This s not our problem. Let face the truth not to tackle
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by dosht(f): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2018
That's how we voted out PDP Now see where we are today.

1 Like

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by isnovic(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
This is so spot on....but as usual it will be seen as bad-belle politics.

This is enough reason to vote out this Tinubu-led Lagos government, as this act and several others geared towards revenue generation is unexplainable at any stretch.

What currently they trying to do, will increase the economic hardship for an already battered Lagosian who, have to put up with every inconceivable avenue/excuse to make more money for BAT and his Alpha Beta money spinning machine.

A multi-headed, siphoning contraption smuggled into Lagos Law as if it is a government creation or revenue collection agency.

We ought to start taking our lives in Nigeria more seriously, if we allow this nonsense to stand without a fight, then they will tax the air we breathe and the roads we walk on in Lagos.

Alpha Beta should be unveiled for public security, as not to do this may result to public disturbance and an independent auditor appointed to determine revenue so far generated by its operations and its Directors both active and inactive with a view to stopping this collective rape of our commonwealth by a multi-hydra headed briefcase company with tentacles in all facet of Lagos revenue generation collection.

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
isnovic:

What currently they trying to do, will increase the economic hardship for an already battered Lagosian who, have to put up with every inconceivable avenue/excuse to make more money for BAT and his Alpha Beta money spinning machine.

A multi-headed, siphoning contraption smuggled into Lagos Law as if it is a government creation or revenue collection agency
[/b]

We ought to start taking our lives in Nigeria more seriously, if allow this nonsense to stand without a fight, then they will tax the air we breathe and the roads we walk on in Lagos.

Alpha Beta should be unveiled for public reason, and an independent auditor appointed to determine revenue so far generated by its operations and its Directors both active and inactive.

It Alpha Beta is audited it will cause riots in Lagos. This is likely one of the biggest frauds ever perpetuated by any politician any where in the world.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by isnovic(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
kapasi89:

It Alpha Beta is audited it will cause riots in Lagos. This is likely one of the biggest frauds ever perpetuated by any politician any where in the world.

Very true Kapasi.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2018
isnovic:

Very true Kapasi.
cry
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
Adekdammy:

Thank goodness you admitted it's for tinubu.

Was there an open bid for tax collection by contractors to the extent that alpha beta won the bid.

How come no one knows the details of the agreement between Lagos state and alphabeta as regards tax collection, remember the revenue involved is our money.

how can you be so sure their was no bid amidst concerned contractors ,,how many of the contract biding do the public hears of ... moreover alpha beta is not only handling lagos .. they seems to be prolific @ what they do.. if they are reliable ,accountable and efficient @ what they do why should lagosian worry about the ownership .. lets see you criticise them(AB) from misappropriation n ineffeciency angle..
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Adekdammy: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
ericsmith:

how can you be so sure their was no bid amidst concerned contractors ,,how many of the contract biding do the public hears of ... moreover alpha beta is not only handling lagos .. they seems to be prolific @ what they do.. if they are reliable ,accountable and efficient @ what they do why should lagosian worry about the ownership .. lets see you criticise them(AB) from misappropriation n ineffeciency angle..

I can tell you there was none just like visionscape. I will criticise them until they let us know the agreement they made with lagos state because the money is our money sir.

Do you work for alphabeta?
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by deomelllo: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
neezar:

Ambode isn't incompetent

He's being used by Tinubu

Ambode is the governor, not Tinubu.

Lagos turning into trash and garbage city reflects Ambode's incompetence, not Tinubu's incompetence.

You people need to get off this Tinubu hate and pointless rants and just face the main issue.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by neezar: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2018
deomelllo:

Ambode is the governor, not Tinubu.

Lagos turning into trash and garbage city reflects Ambode's incompetence, not Tinubu's incompetence.

You people need to get off this Tinubu hate and pointless rants and just face the main issue.
You are staying in osun and u know what's happening in lag cheesy cheesy

As far as I know....Ambode is far better than fashola

1 Like

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by 7lives: 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
babaolofin:

Firstly, I have come across many information from Omoyele Sowore (Sahara Reporters) that I know to be false or misleading. The fact that he runs an NGO receiving funds from international donors using the Sahara Reporters name is also to say he is a smart guy. There are laws regulating the operations of NGOs in Nigeria. Some of us that know how NGOs source for funds for humanitarian activities of projects in health, good governance, gender equity, etc also know there are benchmarks or key performance index or milestones for tracking or appraising those projects. In the case of Sowore, some of us need to know the projects and those donors.

Now back to the issue of Alpha Beta Consulting, I have heard a lot of stories on ABC operations in Lagos to the extent that in 2006 , the UK government through Crown Agents UK supported a consultancy projects on enhancement of the Operations of Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue, the consultancy work was done early 2007. In the project brief / breakdown, ABC was mentioned. Among the project deliverables, we were specifically asked to evaluate the activities of ABC and that of LSBIR staff. Thank God, earlier, during the Military era (Abacha regime), most states use Tax Consultants. That was the first time I got to know that States use Tax consultants. In fact, our office in Abuja was sealed by a Tax consultant supported by Law Enforcement Agent. Because Olusola Adekanola & Co, an accounting firm was consulting for more states, out of enviousness, some professional bodies in Nigeria advised Abacha government to stop private accounting firm from being engaged as Tax Consultant to state, but they failed. The states need money, the government tax officers cannot even generate 25% of what the consultants are generating if they ever did, they cannot sustain or increase it.

Presently, there is high level of corruption everywhere. Those close to some old staff of ABC will attest that they are rich, this is not ABC salary. In government, both states and federal, there is high level of corruption. Using activism to run an NGO and receive fund without the knowledge of the public on the activity on the NGO is also high level of corruption. Some states in Nigeria still use tax consultants, the ownership is another issue entirely. It is only Lagos State House of Assembly or the Governor or the elders and the council of traditional rulers that can decide or mediate on the choice of tax consultant for Lagos. With the brief analysis of the 2007 job, the LSBIR staff alone cannot effectively monitor the tax system in Lagos. Even, with ABC and other consultants, there are various leakages. If they want ABC stopped because of Tinubu and Ambode, will the new tax consultant be owned by angels? What about the IT infrastructure, the e-tax platform, the Oracle database and various trainings (local & abroad) and lessons learnt experience by Alpha Beta Consulting.

Omoyele is from Ondo State, SAN is presently the governor, he should establish an NGO in Ondo state or carry out a project in that state. While late Agagu was in power and later Mimiko, Omoyele has never found it necessary to beam a searchlight on the high level of corruption in that state but only like to play to gallery by targeting individuals or events that will draw much traffic to him.

Let them kill themselves because of Lagos state, until the major stake holders in Lagos says otherwise, AB will continue to run the show.
Meanwhile, AB is the reason Lagos is what it is today, AB ti da omi si iwaju, o di dandan ki AB te Ile tutu.
So anyone who have issues with this should jump in the Lagoon, ko kan aye.
If AB had not succeed when OBJ was tormenting GIDI way back, people crying more than the real Lagosians today will be here mocking and jeering at Lagos and Tinubu.
All you haters and wailers read my lips, GO AND DIE.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by deomelo: 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
7lives:

Let them kill themselves because of Lagos state, until the major stake holders in Lagos says otherwise, AB will continue to run the show.
Meanwhile, AB is the reason Lagos is what it is today, AB ti da omi si iwaju, o di dandan ki AB te Ile tutu.
So anyone who have issues with this should jump in the Lagoon, ko kan aye.
If AB had not succeed when OBJ was tormenting GIDI way back, people crying more than the real Lagosians today will be here mocking and jeering at Lagos and Tinubu.
All you haters and wailers read my lips, GO AND DIE.

Sadly for them, their own states from Abia and beyond also hired AB and effectively are on AB's payroll., but are they crucifying their own states for hiring AB or if I should say, giving Tinubu their money?

Their issue is strictly hate/bitterness.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by divineappo(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2018
babaolofin:

Firstly, I have come across many information from Omoyele Sowore (Sahara Reporters) that I know to be false or misleading. The fact that he runs an NGO receiving funds from international donors using the Sahara Reporters name is also to say he is a smart guy. There are laws regulating the operations of NGOs in Nigeria. Some of us that know how NGOs source for funds for humanitarian activities of projects in health, good governance, gender equity, etc also know there are benchmarks or key performance index or milestones for tracking or appraising those projects. In the case of Sowore, some of us need to know the projects and those donors.

Now back to the issue of Alpha Beta Consulting, I have heard a lot of stories on ABC operations in Lagos to the extent that in 2006 , the UK government through Crown Agents UK supported a consultancy projects on enhancement of the Operations of Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue, the consultancy work was done early 2007. In the project brief / breakdown, ABC was mentioned. Among the project deliverables, we were specifically asked to evaluate the activities of ABC and that of LSBIR staff. Thank God, earlier, during the Military era (Abacha regime), most states use Tax Consultants. That was the first time I got to know that States use Tax consultants. In fact, our office in Abuja was sealed by a Tax consultant supported by Law Enforcement Agent. Because Olusola Adekanola & Co, an accounting firm was consulting for more states, out of enviousness, some professional bodies in Nigeria advised Abacha government to stop private accounting firm from being engaged as Tax Consultant to state, but they failed. The states need money, the government tax officers cannot even generate 25% of what the consultants are generating if they ever did, they cannot sustain or increase it.

Presently, there is high level of corruption everywhere. Those close to some old staff of ABC will attest that they are rich, this is not ABC salary. In government, both states and federal, there is high level of corruption. Using activism to run an NGO and receive fund without the knowledge of the public on the activity on the NGO is also high level of corruption. Some states in Nigeria still use tax consultants, the ownership is another issue entirely. It is only Lagos State House of Assembly or the Governor or the elders and the council of traditional rulers that can decide or mediate on the choice of tax consultant for Lagos. With the brief analysis of the 2007 job, the LSBIR staff alone cannot effectively monitor the tax system in Lagos. Even, with ABC and other consultants, there are various leakages. If they want ABC stopped because of Tinubu and Ambode, will the new tax consultant be owned by angels? What about the IT infrastructure, the e-tax platform, the Oracle database and various trainings (local & abroad) and lessons learnt experience by Alpha Beta Consulting.

Omoyele is from Ondo State, SAN is presently the governor, he should establish an NGO in Ondo state or carry out a project in that state. While late Agagu was in power and later Mimiko, Omoyele has never found it necessary to beam a searchlight on the high level of corruption in that state but only like to play to gallery by targeting individuals or events that will draw much traffic to him.

u made some serious points here, am enlightened, kudos boss.

But u need to understand that, omoyele sowore didn't say he is specifically against Alpha Beta Consulting, but his grievance is that; why will Lagos state house of assembly legislate a private company owned by Tinubu into lagos state law?

That's the point he was really making.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by divineappo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:

You broke rule 2 then
how did I violate Nairaland rule 2 ?
Oga, explain, because I checked rule 2 now, and u are 1,000,000 % wrong
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by divineappo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
deomelo:

I was on his FB page and it didn't reflect the lies you posted. And his name is Omoyele Sowore, not the other way around.

check it properly pls
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by SamoaJoe: 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
python1:

Rubbish talk is when an unrelated matters are brought into a discussion. Now, what is the relationship between this crap you posted and Sowore's latest moves? That is how hopeless a human being can be.

May this picture haunt you till you die. This picture will be a point of connection between you and the throne of God on judgement day.

May the Souls of Benue 73 haunt you till you die! Since you have decided to support an illiterate, gworo chewing, child raping, terrorist bastard Buhari.

Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by deomelo: 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
divineappo:
u made some serious points here, am enlightened, kudos boss.

But u need to understand that, omoyele sowore didn't say he is specifically against Alpha Beta Consulting, but his grievance is that; why will Lagos state house of assembly legislate a private company owned by Tinubu into lagos state law?

That's the point he was really making.

1. The statement did not legislate OR arrogate anything special to AB, they basically mentioned AB in the context per Alpha Beta or any other designated person (s) or corporate body, who has the responsibility of monitoring the incoming revenues of the state through the collecting banks shall provide a report to the Accountant-General of the state.

They are talking about any entity and in the process mentioned AB simply because they are already doing business with AB.

2. If you are going to opine that AB is Tinubu's company, you should be able to show us proof of ownership. Stop peddling gossips as facts.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by deomelo: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
divineappo:
check it properly pls

Go back to the first page and read gently.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2018
Adekdammy:

I can tell you there was none just like visionscape. I will criticise them until they let us know the agreement they made with lagos state because the money is our money sir.

Do you work for alphabeta?

no i donnt,, what am driving @ is not really about alphabeta image ... my concern is lagos generated funds are been utilized fair enough judging from all angles of development that as been witness within the state ... i am a realist ... no govt can be 100% free of corruption/embezzlement ,, but if our leader are 70% effecient n 30% embezzling nigeria will attain development in no time.. lagosians could not crucify fashola despite all the inflated contract findings ...why ?? becos he performed reasonably beyond average.
sir we cannt have a govt free from corruption 100% not even in the US.. be 70% above efficient n i will look d other way.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Adekdammy: 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
ericsmith:

no i donnt,, what am driving @ is not really about alphabeta image ... my concern is lagos generated funds are been utilized fair enough judging from all angles of development that as been witness within the state ... i am a realist ... no govt can be 100% free of corruption/embezzlement ,, but if our leader are 70% effecient n 30% embezzling nigeria will attain development in no time.. lagosians could not crucify fashola despite all the inflated contract findings ...why ?? becos he performed reasonably beyond average.
sir we cannt have a govt free from corruption 100% not even in the US.. be 70% above efficient n i will look d other way.

now i get the angle you are discussing from but the truth is though the works are evident but i still feel is not proportional to what the government earns, it's like someone making 100 naira on your behalf and keeps giving you 10kobo, yet you are happy because he still gives you peanut.
Re: Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele by Iceberg3: 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
deomelo:

Sadly for them, their own states from Abia and beyond also hired AB and effectively are on AB's payroll., but are they crucifying their own states for hiring AB or if I should say, giving Tinubu their money?

Their issue is strictly hate/bitterness.

Mental grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Won’t Experience Peace If Saraki Refuses To Resign – APC Senator / NNPC To Pipe Crude Oil From Niger Republic To Kaduna / Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.