Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes (11223 Views)

COVID-19: 20% Of Full-time Nigerian Workforce Lost Employment In 2020— UNDP/NBS / Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce / NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by conehead2018: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2018
Paperwhite:
"Saying the deliberate refusal to adhere to federal character provision would no longer be acceptable, he warned that “it must be reversed.”

Guess you guy were still alive when Buhari was doing his own.Ndi ara.angry
don't mind the...I laugh at people that take Hausa's seriously,they do things they wouldn't allow others to do to them

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by bamoski(m): 8:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Diademk07:

Look at this one? Lagos shouldn't be a Yoruba state because it was once a Fct? Just look at the gibberish?

Come to think of it, what has your nonsense fct done for Lagos, I mean a city which already had her seaports before the amalgamation of Nigeria? In fact, Nigeria needed Lagos than Lagos needed Nigeria and the stupid Nigeria made sure they turn Lagos into chaotic place with stupid mallam taking over the seaports built by the sweat of the indigenous folks.

Just watch it, we have not started, we're really waiting for Kano to start the precedence of attacking or driving out the non-indigenous workers, even as Abia already did and we will gladly do ours!
Yeye.

Dumb post

Why are other youruba states not like lagos if it was built by the indegenous people?

While others are making head way you people are busy retrogressing.

Anyway that's non of my business.

2 Likes

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by poseidon12: 8:36am On Mar 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Nigeria is not a nation

That's just the sad truth

And I know say na mostly igbos be the non indigenes this Kano workforce go they talk about

Because so many igbos follow for Kano workforce

Igbos we seriously need to think home.. see as we just dey add to the development of Lagos, Kano etc and when time reach or maybe oil lose value now them go join hand remind us say na their land we dey

Lagos no be no mans land
Kano no be no man's land

I pity igbos wey never learn. them go stupidly they shout Lagos is no man's land; if anything were to happen in future and Lagos get matter na that time una go know say Yoruba get Lagos; by the time their skull miners migrate from ile if, Ogun, oshun and all other South West na that time una go know wassup
This new bill by ambidextrous should let u know that Lagos belongs to Yoruba and due to their insecurities they want to run operation dominate Lagos and turn it from a cosmopolitan to a skull mining enclave

At this rate you should know that
Nigeria is not one

Invest in South East were your life and properties will be secured forever no matter what happens in future

This is Africa and Africans are savage and unstable ; god forbid if anything happens tomorrow; igbos will bear the brunt the more because we are the only true one Nigerians

A Hausa won't even have mind to invest in the east, same thing applies to Yoruba man they won't have the guts either but my people have investments scattered all over the North and West

Ndigbo we need to start thinking eastward
Start reducing ur investments elsewhere and try to invest in the east instead

East is big for all us
There is land everywhere waiting to be developed
Enugu alone is big enough to accommodate times 3 of Lagos population

Ndigbo wake up from your slumber

Kano belongs to the hausa
Lagos belongs to Yoruba and not everybody

Don't mind my people and their naivety. Any serious investment I have to make outside of Southeast and Delta State would have to be located outside Nigeria where decent, civilized human beings live. Not in jungles, occupied by near-apes that are pretending to be human beings.
The North is definitely out of the question for me, either as investment destination or for residence. Nigeria/Biafra civil war should be a good lesson to the Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Awoleesu(m): 8:38am On Mar 13, 2018
There goes the stupidity of the Hausa/Fulani again! This counter-productive mentality is solely responsible for the backwardness of the North on one hand, and that of Nigeria on the other hand.

Hausa/Fulani continued dominance of The Ports in Lagos has never been protested, neither is their dominance of political and labour demographics in states like Kwara, Nassarawa and Niger seen as abnormal!
What with their callous rights-claiming in Ile-ife, Lagos (Idi-araba, Mile 12, Alaba Rago etc) and even far away Delta (Abraka) states?
Does this dumb group even know that the incidence of tax falls heavily more on these so-called non-indegenes than the natives? When you take every matter to be political, you end up cheating yourself.

...waiting to see how Emir of Kano would respond to this.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Ogbuevi(m): 8:48am On Mar 13, 2018
So people with better skills can't get jobs again because they are not indigenes? If every state does this, then wherein lies the unity of this nation...

Check out www.listclan.com
Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by AdaFonju: 8:50am On Mar 13, 2018
When will Rivers people wake up

2 Likes

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by igboOSU: 8:51am On Mar 13, 2018
conehead2018:
my fellow conehead please leave your hamlet in ogbomosho as I left my rusty brown roofs in Ibadan and travel at least traveling is part of experience you will find out that all you just typed now are notting but hate speech..
My dear osu oru bloda, please vacate the brown roof arena. Goan deverop your potopoto Rondon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Truthcat: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2018
True oo! It was kind of painful because one family had built their big house, shopping plaza and raised all the children there and they had to move because the man felt it's no longer safe for them to live in Kaduna.The other family too is just thanking God that they made it out there alive.
asha80:
lol funny statement especially about kano and kaduna and moving back to sw

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Xisnin(m): 9:09am On Mar 13, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Great. What is good in Anambra and Lagos is great in Kano.

Ambode's new law seems to be waking up the sense of self preservation among us

Are you okay?
Ambode's new law has nothing to do with jobs and you don't
expect companies to sack workers that have been with them for over 10 years
because some people feel marginalized.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Xisnin(m): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Nigeria is not a nation

And I know say na mostly igbos be the non indigenes this Kano workforce go they talk about

Igbos we seriously need to think home.. see as we just dey add to the development of Lagos, Kano etc and when time reach or maybe oil lose value now them go join hand remind us say na their land we dey

Lagos no be no mans land
Kano no be no man's land

I pity igbos wey never learn. them go stupidly they shout Lagos is no man's land; if anything were to happen in future and Lagos get matter na that time una go know say Yoruba get Lagos; by the time their skull miners migrate from ile if, Ogun, oshun and all other South West na that time una go know wassup
This new bill by ambidextrous should let u know that Lagos belongs to Yoruba and due to their insecurities they want to run operation dominate Lagos and turn it from a cosmopolitan to a skull mining enclave

Nigeria is not one

Invest in South East were your life and properties will be secured forever no matter what happens in future

This is Africa and Africans are savage and unstable ; god forbid if anything happens tomorrow; igbos will bear the brunt the more because we are the only true one Nigerians

A Hausa won't even have mind to invest in the east, same thing applies to Yoruba man they won't have the guts either but my people have investments scattered all over the North and West

East is big for all us

Dumb Igbos always looking for opportunity to spread propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Xisnin(m): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2018
bamoski:
Yorubas started this tribalism in lagos now see what is happening sad
Shut up imbe cile, give me the list of the names of non-indigenes working in your state workforce.
Ambode's law has nothing to do with jobs but you are too dumb to realise that.

Aren't you from the zone where a priest of the same tribe was rejected because he was from another village?
Now cover your head in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by asha80(m): 9:22am On Mar 13, 2018
Truthcat:
True oo! It was kind of painful because one family had built their big house, shopping plaza and raised all the children there and they had to move because the man felt it's no longer safe for them to live in Kaduna.The other family too is just thanking God that they made it out there alive.
there are still lots of yorubas in kaduna though

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Truthcat: 9:29am On Mar 13, 2018
There will always be those who love money more than any other thing. I really don't know what they are looking for there when the Hausa and fulani themselves are packed with goats to the south daily. The people I visited are out of there.
asha80:
there are still lots of yorubas in kaduna though

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by bamoski(m): 9:31am On Mar 13, 2018
Xisnin:

Shut up imbe ciles, give me the list of the names of non-indigenes working in your state workforce.
Ambode's law has nothing to do with jobs but you are too dumb to realise that.

Aren't you from the zone where a priest of the same tribe was rejected because he was from another village?
Now cover your head in shame.

Kindly refer to my responses to the other dimwits like you that quoted me earlier, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Truthcat: 10:07am On Mar 13, 2018
I'm sis oo! Abi una no want women for here?

I don't believe it's tribalism, they are protecting their people. Yoruba are the only people in the world who want others to be equal with them on their own soil. What is responsible for this I don't know but, it portrays us as cowards and in some cases slaves who have resigned to fate. We really have to be honest with ourselves. The people you want to be equal with in your house are ready to push you out and take total control. How did Hausa get to be almost 85% of the work force at the Lagos ports and every federal job in Lagos and SW in general? Yoruba kids are not getting jobs in Lagos because outsiders have taken over and will keep replacing with their own while future Yoruba generations can't find jobs.We need to shed this attitude fast before it's over for us.

I.don't want to scare you, but there will be some form of violence to get all our jobs back from Hausa and fulani. Our fathers passed this to us but we will not pass it to our children. Our region has always been the richest since the colonial days and still have more money than we can spend, but all has been going to build the north, Chad and Niger republic while we are denied. No security in Nigeria. No development and history can't be taught in school. We need to be in charge of our resources, police army. Regionalism or outright separation. Yorubaland will be liberated from the long suffering injustice.

SoldierBoy1:
OK Bro, what I was trying to say is that since it's like people won't stop being tribal, I decided to address my Yorùbá guys that things weren't always like this with us getting tribal at every slight chance like how they do on nairaland. And I also told them there's no need hating on any tribe in our region in as much we dey succeed equally, instead we should appreciate their efforts in complementing the development of our region...... U don understand ba?
Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Greenback: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Luukasz:
Bruhv law is law regardless of whatever it entails either you regard it or you face the consequences

ok what is the IG waiting for b4 he orders his men to render Benue state's anti grazing law effective?
Oh,he even spoke against it! The law is against his above-the-law fulani president and his fulani herdsmen
smh4DchiitholeKwantiri

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by lastdon5: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Nigeria is not a nation

Lagos no be no mans land
Kano no be no man's land

Nigeria is not one

East is big for all us

A very good post, brother.

from the look of things, you'll notice that government always fight any of our illustrious sons that invests mostly in Igbo land like Ibeto, Innoson, Uba etc maybe to discourage them.

Again, I wonder the conspiracy behind the abysmal functioning of South Eastern and southern ports... Are they not part of NPA again?

you'll see an Igbo importer from Aba importing his good all the way from Lagos, meanwhile Portharcourt is just a stone throw. when I asked some of them they says that the duty and fees paid in both Portharcourt and Calabar port Will be enough to clear your goods in Lagos port and also cover your haulage.

This is reason why I laugh when i hear government promising to build a port at Anambra Niger bridge. They won't build it, even if they do, they'll make sure it doesn't operate.

We need to come back and do this things our selves if we must grow and develop as we should.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Diademk07: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2018
bamoski:

Dumb post

Why are other youruba states not like lagos if it was built by the indegenous people?

While others are making head way you people are busy retrogressing.

Anyway that's non of my business.
Look at this Lizard. Have you checked Ibadan, Ogun and Akure cities? What do you think would happen with those cities if they had seaports? Despite the fact these cities have no seaports, they are still miles better than your potor states!

I repeat Nigeria needed Lagos than Lagos needed Nigeria!
Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2018
Truthcat:
I'm sis oo! Abi una no want women for here?

I don't believe it's tribalism, they are protecting their people. Yoruba are the only people in the world who want others to be equal with them on their own soil. What is responsible for this I don't know but, it portrays us as cowards and in some cases slaves who have resigned to fate. We really have to be honest with ourselves. The people you want to be equal with in your house are ready to push you out and take total control. How did Hausa get to be almost 85% of the work force at the Lagos ports and every federal job in Lagos and SW in general? Yoruba kids are not getting jobs in Lagos because outsiders have taken over and will keep replacing with their own while future Yoruba generations can't find jobs.We need to shed this attitude fast before it's over for us.

I.don't want to scare you, but there will be some form of violence to get all our jobs back from Hausa and fulani. Our fathers passed this to us but we will not pass it to our children. Our region has always been the richest since the colonial days and still have more money than we can spend, but all has been going to build the north, Chad and Niger republic while we are denied. No security in Nigeria. No development and history can't be taught in school. We need to be in charge of our resources, police army. Regionalism or outright separation. Yorubaland will be liberated from the long suffering injustice.

ah Aunty mi, ẹ má bínú Ma...... Actually like you said when we try to play peaceful with everybody, they take advantage of it and call us cowards. Anyways sha I'm hoping for the best out of this country soon.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by lastdon5: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Language is a form of colonialism. The Igbo called Lagos "a no man's land." We did not kill them like the Hausa/Fulani. We simply formulated a policy for them to speak and write in Yoruba language before they can live, work or get an education in Yorubaland. They claimed to have purchased all the land in Yorubaland. We are going on another policy initiative that will make all Igbo living in Yorubaland to be leaseholders and not land owners. All the properties held by the Igbo and non- Yoruba in Yorubaland will be by lease for 25 years only. Later on and after the 25 year period has expired, they shall pay land rental to the original owner of the land, yearly if they wish to keep their properties. The Igbo has continued to operate with the Hausa/Fulani since 1959 to subjugate the Yoruba nation and her people. They forged a coalition government with the Hausa/Fulani in 1959 and by 1963 they jailed Awolowo for 10 years and divided Western Region into two. They then operated with the Hausa/Fulani in 1993 to annul the June 12 presidential election won by MKO Abiola. And again in alliance with the Hausa/Fulani in 1999 to rigged out Falae for Obasanjo. Today, their children will learn to write and speak Yoruba or crawl back to Igboland. In the months to come, all non-Yoruba in Yorubaland will become leaseholders and not land owners. The generation before us did not revenge over the murder of Akintola by the Igbo in January 1966; the killing of Fajuyi in July 1966 by the Hausa/Fulani and the murder of Abiola in 1998 by the Hausa/Fulani. My generation will revenge for every Yoruba killed or murdered by the Igbo and the Hausa/Fulani. We warn, before we harm. The Igbo must support the political aspirations of the Yoruba to control its ports, waterways and all the taxes generated in Yorubaland, otherwise they shall be treated in the like manner the white in America in 1942 treated the Japanese living in America. By Adeyinka OS NB: This man shares same believe with more than 98% of the Yoruba people. The difference is that many are just silent for now. The shame is on every Igbo claiming One Nigeria and forming Lagos boy.
Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2018
We are not one in this country, and we can never be one, the earlier the better. Imagine come to Lagos and see how the Hausa-Fulani dominated over our tinker port, apapa Whorf, airport etc.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2018
For those who don't know history....this is exactly what started the civil war....

Nigeria is dividing it self already

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by fxx2: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Good move.
But,
It need more effort than just promulgation and mere enforcement of law. Other states could do that because they have excess workforce.
In Kano state, most indigenes are either lazy or not qualified for the available jobs.
I know of one renowned, indigenous secondary school that tried to enforce such in the past. In less than one term, parents, who are mostly indigenes too, embarked on withdrawal of their wards simply because the 'new teachers' could not deliver. Today, the school has more than 85% non-indigenous workforce. This applies in ever other industry in Kano state.
The success of such move requires self-emancipation which takes a longer process to achieve.

Omooba77:
KANO—THE Coalition of Northern Groups has launched a campaign to end perceived dominance of non-natives in the state workforce, claiming that over 70 percent of jobs in Kano are in the hands of non-natives.
Briefing reporters in Kano yesterday, Kano Coordinator of the groups, Sani Salihu, said: “All the available jobs in all federal parastatals and agencies, including some state-owned agencies, are dominated by non-indigenes at the expense of employable people of Kano.”

Saying the deliberate refusal to adhere to federal character provision would no longer be acceptable, he warned that “it must be reversed.”

Salihu said the “groups would initiate series of actions and campaigns, allowable by the law, to ensure that indigenes of Kano State enjoy, as of right, no less than 70 percent  job opportunities in all private businesses, financial institution and banks locatedin the state.”

He further assured that “we shall liaise with traditional rulers in the state and mobilise the Ulamah and the civil society for a vigorous campaign to achieve this.”

Salihu revealed that the groups would “sponsor a bill for the enforcement of observance of the federal character principles by all private businesses, financial institutions and banks located in the state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/group-moves-dominance-kano-workforce-non-indigenes/amp

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Vcblinks(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Nigeria is not a nation

Lagos no be no mans land
Kano no be no man's land

Nigeria is not one

East is big for all us

God bless you my brother,e ka do.remember the time in Lagos while doing business so I came in contact with this so called educated nepotic Yoruba's ,there will saying that igbos are very stupid and lousy and be populating everywhere like chickens and they said if given chance they will pursue the Igbo's and they did not know I could hear Yoruba to an extent and the end I gave them a piece of my mind.my brother as for me I built my house back at my place,my family is there living fine and am very okay if I want to invest is back home I just come here cos most of d businesses are in Lagos if d east had such recognition I would not even go their.I can't even go to the north to invest but I think d sense is coming back I was so happy when I followed a friend to a village meeting in Lagos and my people in the meeting were talking about buying plots of land some where saying 10 and 5 plots we know how my Igbo people buy land,was so happy that I told them is d step in d right direction to all those fools that are still investing in another mans land,keep up with the foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Ugosample(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
When I say black man reasons like an animal now, they would say I suffer from self hate.

Please, would human beings be spewing these rubbish that many are talking here?

"Chase them out of Lagos"
"Seize their investments"

etc

When will you people get sense?
Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Truthcat: 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
No worries.

Amen oo to the prayer! The best we can have is to either go our separate ways or have regionalism complete with our army, while, we maintain a battalion with other regions at the center, we just can't leave our security in the hands of others. We then contribute 30% to the center, with a clause to pull out immediately if the agreement is not adhered to.

The same 30% is more than enough for world powers to help us get our country if that's the only option left.

Believe me, Nigeria will NEVER be better but worse if we don't change the course now.
SoldierBoy1:
ah Aunty mi, ẹ má bínú Ma...... Actually like you said when we try to play peaceful with everybody, they take advantage of it and call us cowards. Anyways sha I'm hoping for the best out of this country soon.
Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:42am On Mar 14, 2018
Truthcat:
No worries.

Amen oo to the prayer! The best we can have is to either go our separate ways or have regionalism complete with our army, while, we maintain a battalion with other regions at the center, we just can't leave our security in the hands of others. We then contribute 30% to the center, with a clause to pull out immediately if the agreement is not adhered to.

The same 30% is more than enough for world powers to help us get our country if that's the only option left.

Believe me, Nigeria will NEVER be better but worse if we don't change the course now.
Yeah, we had better change things now. I've always wanted a regional system of government as this our federalism is just self deceit. Have a great day Sis.

1 Like

Re: Group Moves Against Dominance Of Kano Workforce By Non-indigenes by Truthcat: 8:24am On Mar 14, 2018
Right!

And you too!
SoldierBoy1:
Yeah, we had better change things now. I've always wanted a regional system of government as this our federalism is just self deceit. Have a great day Sis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down / What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? / How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.