Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Job Applications - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Applications (1776 Views)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job / 4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Applications by FJustus(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I work for a HR consulting company based in Lagos and I have noticed low turnout of Job applicants shortlisted and notified of their interview. This has become a frequent issue and when they are reached out to, they ask for their session to be rescheduled and they still dont show up.

So the question is why would candidates that voluntarily submit their CV for a Job vacancy fail to show up when shortlisted?

Your Response to this Thread will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Job Applications by Andy2274: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
Because you so called Nigeria HR are heartless. You invite 100 people for just one vacant position of #30,000 salary. You people are also time wasters, you invite people for interview by 10am and you will be busy doing nothing till 2pm before attending to candidates. More so, you people ask irrelevant questions during interview and you never get back to candidates after the interview to know if successful or not. Furthermore, the only time you smile with a candidate after 1 assessment test and 3 interviews is when you want to tell him or her what the company pay and not base on qualification. The next person to comment will tell you more..

21 Likes

Re: Job Applications by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
Andy2274:
Because you so called Nigeria HR are heartless. You invite 100 people for just one vacant position of #30,000 salary you invite people for interview by 10am and you will be busy doing nothing till 2pm before attending to candidates. More so, you people ask irrelevant questions during interview and you never get back to candidates after the interview to know if successful or not. Furthermore, the only time you smile with a candidate after 1 assessment test and 3 interviews is when you want to tell him or her what the company pay and not base on qualification

bros you dey harsh ooo. grin grin. with all the bolded nothing is left again. you've said it all

The next person to comment will tell you more
some applicants travel long distance for rounds of interview thereby endangering their lives. why cant HRs do interviews over skype

6 Likes

Re: Job Applications by Gentew(m): 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2018
[quote author=FJustus post=65795421]Hello everyone,

I work for a HR consulting company based in Lagos and I have noticed low turnout of Job applicants shortlisted and notified of their interview. This has become a frequent issue and when they are reached out to, they ask for their session to be rescheduled and they still dont show up.

So the question is why would candidates that voluntarily submit their CV for a Job vacancy fail to show up when shortlisted?

Your Response to this Thread will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Funshoijalana@gmail.com

I bet you, no candidate will refuse to show up for a job interview if the salary is fair enough. Often times, people tends to submit their CV before finding out about d pay and so immediately they find out that the pay is nothing to write home about, then their is no need to go for the interview. This has happened to me before.

2 Likes

Re: Job Applications by Apostlelong(m): 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
Andy2274:
Because you so called Nigeria HR are heartless. You invite 100 people for just one vacant position of #30,000 salary. You people are also time wasters, you invite people for interview by 10am and you will be busy doing nothing till 2pm before attending to candidates. More so, you people ask irrelevant questions during interview and you never get back to candidates after the interview to know if successful or not. Furthermore, the only time you smile with a candidate after 1 assessment test and 3 interviews is when you want to tell him or her what the company pay and not base on qualification. The next person to comment will tell you more..

Chai OH MY GOD. u just open my mind carry all the words wey dey dere come type am for here, God bless u my Brother

7 Likes

Re: Job Applications by FJustus(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2018
Gentew:
[/quote]

[quote author=Andy2274 post=65798267]Because you so called Nigeria HR are heartless. You invite 100 people for just one vacant position of #30,000 salary. You people are also time wasters, you invite people for interview by 10am and you will be busy doing nothing till 2pm before attending to candidates. More so, you people ask irrelevant questions during interview and you never get back to candidates after the interview to know if successful or not. Furthermore, the only time you smile with a candidate after 1 assessment test and 3 interviews is when you want to tell him or her what the company pay and not base on qualification. The next person to comment will tell you more..

We are currently recruiting for a financial institution with a very cool pay. There are many slots available for applicants to be interviewed for.

You get to be asked questions relevant to the Job role you applied for and will get a feedback from Us within 24hours after your interview.

You will be interviewed at the scheduled time.

To your success!
Re: Job Applications by Lizzieo(f): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2018
FJustus:

We are currently recruiting for a financial institution with a very cool pay. There are many slots available for applicants to be interviewed for.

You get to be asked questions relevant to the Job role you applied for and will get a feedback from Us within 24hours after your interview.

To your success!
Where,when and how?

1 Like

Re: Job Applications by enemachris(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2018
Andy2274:
grin grin grin bropther abeg no vex again na
Re: Job Applications by meekah: 8:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Andy2274:
NIECE ONE BROTHERLY THEY LOVE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE MESSY SITUATION IN NIGERIA TO EXPLOIT JOB SEEKER PYSCHOLOGICALY AND EMOTIONALY
Re: Job Applications by Molly17(f): 8:23am On Mar 16, 2018
FJustus:

To your success!

how do I apply for this?
Re: Job Applications by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2018
FJustus:

To your success!
what are the positions, so that one can use them as the subject
Re: Job Applications by Quinns: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2018
Good Morning FJustus Sent you a mail some mins ago, pls do check it out. Henry...
Re: Job Applications by Agbotoluwa(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2018
Good day bro , I've sent you a mail. Please reply .
Re: Job Applications by Ejiadepeps: 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
FJustus:

To your success!

Please how can we apply for the job?
Re: Job Applications by Tosin17(m): 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
I went for an interview on Thursday. I travel from Kwara to Ibadan only to be told that the salary is on commission. Can you imagine? This is not the first time.
Re: Job Applications by FJustus(m): 8:23am On Mar 22, 2018
Molly17:

how do I apply for this?

Kindly send your CV with the Subject "Direct sales agent" to recruitment@5thquadrant.net

Thanks.
Re: Job Applications by FJustus(m): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2018
Ejiadepeps:

Please how can we apply for the job?

Kindly send your CV with the Subject "Direct sales agent" to recruitment@5thquadrant.net

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigerian Army DSSC & SSC Nationwide Recruitment / My Plight (i'm Loosing It Already......) / Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.