Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. (149828 Views)

2019/2020 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread!!! / 2018/2019 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2018/2019 Lasu Admission Guide Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Draei: 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
cleroking01:
somehow somehow my portal is still showing submitted and i feel like killing myself
I guess you were admitted on caps within the space of 2 weeks ago and now. If yes then chill, you ain't alone. Kofa will admit y'all soon.
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by wi5dom(m): 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
cleroking01:
somehow somehow my portal is still showing submitted and i feel like killing myself

Bro I do understand. . . and how it feels when ones happiness is tied to an expectation. The waiting always seems like forever. But you know what?
God always give the best to those who believes in Him no matter the circumstances. So cheer up brother as I wish you your utmost heart desires.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Draei: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
wi5dom:

You can make use of it. At most, to avoid delay during physical clearance if by chance your clearance officer is strict . You can do an affidavit of confirmation of name on both certificate as being one person bearing Adebayo Olamide Grace. or get another birth certificate.
It isn't an issue at all.

I think in order to avoid any possible problem with some strict clearance officers like you said, she should just ditch the certificate and just go do Age Declaration with the correct name arrangement since it can replace Birth certificate. What do you think?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by wi5dom(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2018
Draei:

I think in order to avoid any possible problem with some strict clearance officers like you said, she should just ditch the certificate and just go do Age Declaration with the correct name arrangement since it can replace Birth certificate. What do you think?

Yeah. I think that should be a better choice for her to take.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Mizsuccess2018(f): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
wi5dom:

Yeah. I think that should be a better choice for her to take.
So I should just go for another certificate entirely?. Thanks.
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by wi5dom(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mizsuccess2018:
So I should just go for another certificate entirely?. Thanks.

YES
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
was given animal biology and environment instead of medicine embarassed embarassed embarassed
will i do coc on jamb?

plan on writing jamb next year
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Draei: 3:58am On Oct 26, 2018
Aceed:
was given animal biology and environment instead of medicine embarassed embarassed embarassed
will i do coc on jamb?

Yeah, You will do coc to enable you
print out your jamb admission letter.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 4:30am On Oct 26, 2018
[quote author=Aceed post=72413487][color=#770077]was given animal biology and environment instead of medicine embarassed embarassed embarassed
will i do coc on jamb?

My dear, first be thankful to God u were given admission, some have not been given even when they have good aggregate, congratulations.... Cheer up.

Don't feel like AEB is nothing cos it is not, eventually not everyone will read medicine, write Jamb next year and put in your best to score a higher aggregate.

I know someone(a friend) who was given health edu against pharmacy he applied, he took it and wrote jamb the next year ...got his Pharmacy. While he was in 300l Pharmacy , his friends in edu was in final year. In 400l the course became too tough for him and he didn't pass, then transferred to mcb (transfer means u start from 200l), when he finally graduated from MCB and went for nysc he was full of regrets and anger realizing how the workforce in Nigeria is, he told me he should have just stayed in Education.
I have another friend who was given animal sci against medicine, she cried..lol, we advised her to take it and write Jamb again which she did, Guess what, she wasn't still given medicine, the wrote jamb the third time and was given education by the she was in 300l. She them realized she was doing well in her dept and decided to focus on it and stop dashing jamb free money. She graduated with a sharp 2:1 and is doing well now.

I am saying this to make you know that the grass is not always green on the other side, for anyone who applied a course and was given a different course, don't feel bad. Take the admission and write Jamb again if u really want.
A bird in hand is worth a million in the bush, if there is any question u have about AEB pls do feel free to ask. God bless you and congrats again
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Pemale(m): 5:22am On Oct 26, 2018
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
Draei:

Yeah, You will do coc to enable you
print out your jamb admission letter.

how much is coc fee
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Argentia: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
Aceed:

how much is coc fee
#2500 , CBT charge #1000
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Argentia: 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2018
Aceed:

how much is coc fee
#2500 , CBT charge #1000
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2018
Onyekwere77, dem never give you any course?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by busky007: 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
Aceed:
will i do coc on jamb?

wat was ur score and wc state are u from
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
[quote author=guchii post=72415729][/quote]

Is it possible to do two courses simultaneously in uniben? lets say AEB with another major course like engineering, law, medicine or any medical inclined course?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Xandre: 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Aceed:

Is it possible to do two courses simultaneously in uniben? lets say AEB with another major course like engineering, law, medicine or any medical inclined course?
It's illegal.
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Draei: 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2018
Running 2 strong courses at the same time here? Funny, you no fit, except you wanna start blocking courses from behind.
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
Draei:
Running 2 strong courses at the same time here? Funny, you no fit, except you wanna start blocking courses from behind.

Is it illegal? grin grin grin

xandre, you sure?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2018
why is it that when I quote guchii, the quote didn't reflect...it also happened when she quoted me?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
And do you guys know of any scholarship for year one students?

the one I have seen even though they say year one students are eligible, one of the requirements is a year one cgpa result?

does it mean I can only apply after first semester?

cc draei, xandre, guchii, eben331, indomixx and any one with info regarding my question
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 5:26am On Oct 29, 2018
Aceed:

Why would u want to do that?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 5:49am On Oct 29, 2018
Aceed:

the one I have seen even though they say year one students are eligible, one of the requirements is a year one cgpa result?

cc draei, xandre, guchii, eben331, indomixx and any one with info regarding my question

Different scholarship are advertised at different times of the year, depend on how each one functions. Even for a 100l student one major requirements is your matric number amidst others. Maybe u should be more specific for proper guidance
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Draei: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2018
Aceed:

Is it illegal? grin grin grin

xand.re, you sure?
I don't think it's legal, especially when both programs are Full Time programs. Besides, you can't handle it.
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by simplebb: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2018
Aceed:

Different scholarships exists for 100 and 200 level. For the 100 level, Ur Jamb score, Matric number and O level result is always the yardstick.

However some scholarship will come out at a time you should have seen your 100 level first semester result and thus references can be made to you using that, but if not yet, your Jamb score and O level still take centre stage.

You can search up Total (200lvl), PTDF (200lvl), Shell 100lvl and Guinness 100 lvl that advertised for scholarships recently, it was either a case of CGPA or your Jamb score with O level.
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Draei: 6:12am On Oct 29, 2018
Aceed:

cc dra ei, xa ndre, gu chii, eb en331, indo mixx and any one with info regarding my question
I don't really enroll into scholarships but what I noticed is most scholarships I've seen are from 200lvl.

Also your state could be of advantage like those from delta state with their yearly scholarships.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2018
Draei:

I don't think it's legal, especially when both programs are Full Time programs. Besides, you can't handle it.

U r right. I had a course mate who did two program s, the first was a part time course (5yrs), she wrote Jamb in her 3rd yr and got the admission, Same faculty. So when she was in 400l PT, she was also in 100l FT, they are very related courses in same faculty. I didn't know until we got to final year, and PT don't go for NYSC, so she planned well. I saw both certificates, tho they didn't come out at the same time.
However, doing 2FT courses, I dunno how that can work especially on Kofa
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2018
http://ptdf.flexisaf.com

Like this is for 200l
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2018
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by Aceed: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
guchii:

Why would u want to do that?

it is said that no knowledge is wasted, actually I want to know if it is possible and maybe try

This one our economy is slowly moving towards agriculture, aeb might be of help in the future

About the scholarship, how can I be specific, with the way uniben calendar is? By the time first semester results come out, other schools would have started second ...Do you have any recommendations?
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by guchii(f): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2018
Aceed:

it is said that no knowledge is wasted, actually I want to know if it is possible and maybe try

This one our economy is slowly moving towards agriculture, aeb might be of help in the future

About the scholarship, how can I be specific, with the way uniben calendar is? By the time first semester results come out, other schools would have started second ...Do you have any recommendations?

Agriculture is a very big business, however AEB in uniben is under life science has little to do with agric trust me. I did a lot of AEB courses, u should start reading AEB 111, its was a 4unit course in my time. How about u tell what you want to achieve this will help me advise accordingly.
Cc Draei and Wisdom... Am I allowed?

What scholarship r u looking out for, like someone pointed out, u can only apply if u meet the requirements
Re: 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. by wi5dom(m): 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
guchii:

Agriculture is a very big business, however AEB in uniben is under life science has little to do with agric trust me. I did a lot of AEB courses, u should start reading AEB 111, its was a 4unit course in my time. How about u tell what you want to achieve this will help me advise accordingly.
Cc Draei and Wisdom... Am I allowed?

What scholarship r u looking out for, like someone pointed out, u can only apply if u meet the requirements

You are allowed "joor" It is a free world.

PS- one can't run two courses in same programme. It is not allowed in Uniben.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (90) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom / List Private Universities In Nigeria / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.