Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair (1090 Views)

Is It Fair To Ask The Employees To State The Amount To Be Paid During Interview? / Jobs For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates / 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by doctorwho1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2007
hello naira landers, just want to share this little secret, banks and most organisation nigeria are looking for first class of 2.1 for their recruitment, e.g is this case of first bank. my anger now is were are we heading to in this country of ours. years back was the discrimination btw bsc angd hnd /ond holders now this. i think our policies are wrong, no organisation will admit to this but it is internal stuff.

now the are encouraging fraud in our institution, as many people will be paying their way for first class and 2.1,

our recriutment organisation should be wiser than this.

our undergraduates please do ur best and get first class or 2.1
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by DRANOEL(m): 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2007
access bank is collecting 2.2 & below for marketing
note those with below have to do extremely well during the test and interview
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by ogepam(f): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2007
Doctor Who,if u dont mind can you do a health check on your attitude,it will help you i assure u dat,i use to have that kind of mentality,but worked on myself and i tell u am still serving with a 2.2 but have been severally invited for tests.its abt what u can offer.

Equip yourself,and i assure there is room for you.

' A CHANGE IN ATTITUDE CAN DO U THIS LONG AWAITED MIRACLE'.All the best to all those who are thinking like Dr who.
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by doctorwho1(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2007
ogepam, may be u were lucky then, but its is a reality, know i have done my assessment, i am not trying to discourage any one but lets face the fact and reality this is what is going on and i want those that care to border to know about this and those employing to give a playing level ground to all.

ogepam take note.
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by Nnamzo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2007
I feel u my brother. Our help is in the name of the Lord who made heaven and earth.
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by Ferlie(m): 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2007
i no blame dem - if u get first class - then u r good - if u get 2/2 - u r poor - thus preference shld go to first class materials like us.
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by kuwena(m): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2007
First class and two-one are just paper certificates. Don't mind Ferlie; he's being overbearing. The job market should be for those who genuinely have something to offer, but if a person has something genuine to offer, how come he did not offer it to his lecturers in school? undecided
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by Goodleader(m): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2007
I never really wanted to join this argument but something within me said that i should let you people know this fact: FIRST CLASS IS HIGHLY POLITICAL, as for 2.1, the degree of politicization is minimal.On average, over 60 percent of people who parade these grades today are originally materials for lower grades while the reverse is the case with 2.2 people and the rest. For example, I graduated from one of the so called best universities in Nigeria with a Bachelor of Art degree. After the external moderation, my CGPA was 4.62 but the powers that be denied me because i refused to play along by oiling their palms(bribe).My Dean called me to his office and said that a first class certificate, anywhere in the world, was synonimous to licence to print money, therefore i must part with some coins to have it. A principled being that i am, i refused. Eventually, i graduated with 4.48 CGPA. A less brainy guy paid his way to get it in falculty of management science but today, he can not defend it because he has not even been able to pass a common recruitment test.We have met several times. At last, he has gone back to teach in his department because he was retained. I was retained too but refused because i can not pitch my tent with those academic cowards.
Re: First Class And 2.1's Is It Fair by Oshebaba: 7:40pm On Apr 08, 2007
Hey fellas,
Can u please stop all these bragging about grades?
Let this discussion end. Please let us face how we can move ahead.
Just know that what is your own is your own at the appointed time.

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Executive In An Oil Servicing Firm. (urgent) / Arribond Interview! / Urgent Please Advice:sweden Masters Or Nigeria Company That Pays 62k Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.