Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,584 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? (28289 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Federal Government Jobs In Nigeria & Salaries / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by hezy4real01(m): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2018
Union marine Limited, pay well too
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2018
Jethrolite:
Please make it clear that it is not ordinary road side welding because artisans in Nigeria are fond of calling themselves engineer.
Lol are those ones even welders

Can there weld pass X-ray test

1 Like

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 14, 2018
Reading
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Ansadex: 7:58am On Mar 14, 2018
mrvitalis:
Lol

First of all nlng pay well but eleme petro chemicals pay higher

But honestly the big boys in the oil industry are not the permanent safe but the contract staffs

If you are an engineer get yourself IWE certificate tho expensive or you can go for CWEngr but are of same class but CWEngr is Way cheap n way more difficult

As a welding engineer you can earn anything between 800,000( who go even pay you that I doubt) to over $2k a day on a good contract
can a chemical engineer go for this welding courses too?
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 8:03am On Mar 14, 2018
Ansadex:
can a chemical engineer go for this welding courses too?
Sure material, chemical, mechanical even civil an electrical engineer can also go for it

Nigeria needs more welding engineers and inspector that's what this European and Indian engineers do here mostly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Ansadex: 8:05am On Mar 14, 2018
mrvitalis:

Sure material, chemical, mechanical even civil an electrical engineer can also go for it

Nigeria needs more welding engineers and inspector that's what this European and Indian engineers do here mostly
okay, thanks a lot.
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Yhelay(m): 8:10am On Mar 14, 2018
NLNG and NNPC pay well as govt owned but for private multinationals, Mobil pay is the banger... that's for the E&P tho, but for servicing, Haliburton tops the rank.

cc: Mrvitalis
Argon welding is the type of welding done in the oil and gas sector mainly.
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by azino11(m): 8:11am On Mar 14, 2018
Victorakats:

Feel free to name 8them please

Have you ever heard of Green Energy, Amiaden etc. They are low key making money in the oil sector
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by abbenism001(m): 8:16am On Mar 14, 2018
How can a graduate of physics apply to any of this welding engineer certification
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 8:16am On Mar 14, 2018
Yhelay:
NLNG and NNPC pay well as govt owned but for private multinationals, Mobil pay is the banger... that's for the E&P tho, but for servicing, Haliburton tops the rank.

Argon is just one there are many times of welding

1 Like

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by sinaj(f): 8:26am On Mar 14, 2018
kurus:

You have no idea what you're saying
lol

U work there?
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Yhelay(m): 8:33am On Mar 14, 2018
mrvitalis:
Argon is just one there are many times of welding
of course yes, but what I'm saying is that it's the main type.
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:35am On Mar 14, 2018
azino11:

Have you ever heard of Green Energy, Amiaden etc. They are low key making money in the oil sector

What is the full name of Green Energy & Amiaden companies you mentioned?

Do you know their addresses also.?
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2018
hammer2010:
If you were talking about a Nigerian owned oil and gas firm, then yes, they are the highest paying.

But if you were talking about it in a general context, then no, the likes of Shell and Total are ahead of them

Do you mean Shell Nigeria (SPDC) and Total Nigeria (TEPNL).

If yes, then check again!
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Frankicent(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2018
mrvitalis:
Lol

But honestly the big boys in the oil industry are not the permanent safe but the contract staffs

If you are an engineer get yourself IWE certificate tho expensive or you can go for CWEngr but are of same class but CWEngr is Way cheap n way more difficult

As a welding engineer you can earn anything between 800,000( who go even pay you that I doubt) to over $2k a day on a good contract

What about computer science grads/ student which certificate can I get?

1 Like

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 14, 2018
mrvitalis:
Lol

lol, bro with ur IWE, dangote in his refinery construction no go pay u pass 300k ooo, indians don bastardize the whole system but then......... how much is IWE cert, heard its up to 3m due to high dollar cost, Cswip 3.1 alone is now up to a million naira and yet work no dey town.

2 Likes

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Pumpumjunee2(f): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2018
Capital letter NO
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by ndidibabe(f): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2018
hammer2010:
If you were talking about a Nigerian owned oil and gas firm, then yes, they are the highest paying.

But if you were talking about it in a general context, then no, the likes of Shell and Total are ahead of them
Is LNG a Nigerian firm?
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2018
ndidibabe:
Is LNG a Nigerian firm?

Since NNPC holds a major share, we can safely say yes, Nigeria owns it
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2018
azino11:

I think Amaiden is an outsourcing coy, not really sure though

1 Like

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 9:24am On Mar 14, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Not at all.
I could name a least 4 'unknown' oil servicing companies that pay just as much.

No oil servicing firm pays as much as NLNG.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Penboy: 9:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Please, is there any career for a medical doctor in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by 360great(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Mobil pays better than Total now

1 Like

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Gentle2015:

Over $2000 a day? You mean you will earn that in a day? But how old are you by the way? A $2000 welding contract that can take nor than 6 manpower or just a day job of $2000?

You are the real devil's incarnate
grin, I think that should be a mistake in figures, they earn like 18k-30k daily, depending experience, the type of project and the coy handling them. I have seen a Level 2 PAUT Technician earn 65k daily. But the truth is that such jobs dont come out often, atleast in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 9:43am On Mar 14, 2018
Yhelay:

NLNG is NOT government owned. Its a private limited liability company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by golddust6000(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2018
Plseas if someone what to learn welding which one is the best to learn to work in oil company? Pls guys help me pls.�
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Achadu76: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2018
Gentle2015:

Over $2000 a day? You mean you will earn that in a day? But how old are you by the way? A $2000 welding contract that can take nor than 6 manpower or just a day job of $2000?

You are the real devil's incarnate

Hahahahahaha no kill me pls.
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Yhelay(m): 11:06am On Mar 14, 2018
airsaylongcon:

NLNG is NOT government owned. Its a private limited liability company

you can say that though, but NNPC has the largest share that's why I called it govt owned
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Joemetry(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2018
mrvitalis:
Lol

Abeg, his does one get all these certifications biko?

I am a mechanical engineering graduate awaiting NYSC.
help please...
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by Joemetry(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2018
Yhelay:

Please sir, after your B.ENG what other certifications do you need to stand a better chance in having these cash wads jobs?

Just finished mech.
engineering.

Thanks...
Re: Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2018
Yhelay:

you can say that though, but NNPC has the largest share that's why I called it govt owned

Even with the largest shareholding, NNPC cannot dictate what goes on there. It's structured in such a way that the stink from NNPC cannot propagate there.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / 3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers / Zenith Bank lays off its workforce Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.