Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone (13196 Views)

6 Best Phones With Under Display Fingerprint Sensor / That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable / A Smartphone With 5200mah, Fingerprint Sensor That Cost Just 23,000 Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2018
I use a Motorola E4 made by Motorola and Lenovo.
My all my device needs to unlock is for me to just look at it. You won't Even know my face was scanned cos once you pick the phone to use and just activate the screen, it takes you straight to home Page but if someone else tries to use the phone, it takes you straight to password.

Once unlocked too, the phone doesn't lock as long as it's on my person but if it's with someone else while unlock and somehow gets locked in your hands, I have to unlock it for you again. I dunno how Motorola did the "owners body detection" but that feature is lit.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Goahead(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2018
javalady:
Na my tongue I take set my own
Just anyone can unlock your with tongue. Trust me.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by donqx: 8:02am On Mar 16, 2018
iphone works well
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Gionee A1. Very sharp and accurate fingerprint. Its mounted at the front of the phone not rear mounted. One soft touch of my registered thumb on it, and it gets unlocked immediately and also used to perform other functions like login in to some Apps and making confirmation for some other things. The Gionee A1 is really a dope device i must say. Both the fingerprint scanner and iris scanner works perfectly and so secured.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Shroud: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Android fingerprint scanners can be bypassed , even Samsung's.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by bored(m): 8:07am On Mar 16, 2018
Click To Whatsapp

https:///send?phone=2348175634771&text=I%20need%20a%20logo%20design.

Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by oxaxcool(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Mine is safe oo
u such an epitome of true pwety dear
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Penuelseun(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2018
I use a Samsung galaxy s5, there is no way you can open it even if I am sleeping except I open it for you
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Achillesdam500(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2018
Oukitel k6000 plus fingerprint is heaven
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by walesho(m): 9:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Infinix hot4 pro the finger print is just perfect unless my finger is wet. Pls infinix give os android 8.0 to infinix hot4 pro users. cry
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by juwonloo(m): 9:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:
So many broken r'ships as a result of this. I've seen couples pressing the sensor against their partner's finger-prints (while the partner is dead/fast asleep) to unlock the phone. grin. So how safe is that?

guy that one no be talk,
it comes with finger-print sensor and pattern drawing
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by dubbiskelly(m): 9:07am On Mar 16, 2018
My iPhone 8+ never disappoints.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Kobicove(m): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2018
Who has the time for all that fingerprint ish, just use a solid password to lock your phone undecided
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Sumptta48: 9:21am On Mar 16, 2018
Congratulations on yesterdays winners and today is here again, to be part of this see details of won matches on ticket below
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Kalapizim(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2018
jashar:
I use an Infinix Hot 4 pro. I like the fingerprint sensor because I don't have to draw my unlock pattern in front of people.

And I use it to block access to some apps on my phone.
that's nice to know.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Kalapizim(m): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2018
walesho:
Infinix hot4 pro the finger print is just perfect unless my finger is wet. Pls infinix give os android 8.0 to infinix hot4 pro users. cry
Don't worry, its coming soon.
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Kalapizim(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2018
GentleMoney:
Thanks for sharing..
you are welcome grin
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by bigt2(m): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2018
For you people who are afraid of your phone being unlocked while asleep, just restart your phone before sleeping and android will surely ask for the password first before the fingerprint can be used for subsequent unlocking.
Thank me later. cool

3 Likes

Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by walesho(m): 9:45am On Mar 16, 2018
bigt2:
For you people who are afraid of your phone being unlocked while asleep, just restart your phone before sleeping and android will surely ask for the password first before the fingerprint can be used for subsequent unlocking.
Thank me later. cool

You are right

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by koyeni(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Xiaomi works perfectly
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by eldest(m): 11:13am On Mar 16, 2018
My Note3 just wake up one morning and stopped recognizing my fingers. Mtchewww
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by blezzy080: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2018
teemanbastos:
My own no work again embarassed
Note 3 keeps on saying fingerprint hardware not available embarassed
mine was once like that o.. I wan mad that time because e never even reach 2months wey i buy am when the phone start dat rubbish.. I took it to carlcare and it was corrected
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by teemanbastos(m): 11:35am On Mar 16, 2018
blezzy080:
mine was once like that o.. I wan mad that time because e never even reach 2months wey i buy am when the phone start dat rubbish.. I took it to carlcare and it was corrected
thanks very much ... Maybe I'll have to do likewise
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2018
grin lol this has happened to some guy in my area...his neighbors told us his girl unlocked his phone while he was fast asleep after doing legbegbe .... lol I remember how my friend I told quickly wiped his fingerprint from his C9 and opted for password immediately. lol I be wan quench for laff
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by CompaX(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
To be frank, all these fingerprints sensors are fake especially my phone.
My roommate fingerprint opened my phone so I disabled it. It is even infinix hot 5 sef undecided
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Flashh: 10:00pm On Mar 16, 2018
Bigt2. Yeah, for we using Android 7 upward.

Kobicove, seems you have never used a fingerprint phone before, that's why you typed such. Who still have time to be pressing keyboard for password these days? That's kind of stressful mehn!

Unlock your phone with ease; using fingerprint.

7 Likes

Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Kalapizim(m): 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
Flashh:
Bigt2. Yeah, for we using Android 7 upward.

Kobicove, seems you have never used a fingerprint phone before, that's why you typed such. Who still have time to be pressing keyboard for password these days? That's kind of stressful mehn!

Unlock your phone with ease; using fingerprint.
you too sabi joor grin
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Spacelord360: 5:14am On Mar 18, 2018
I just switch mine off after much ado, I think am OK with the password, wonder how safe that is too.

Commenting from [url]techrector.com[/url]
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by Godwin978(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
but this finger prints of a think wont stop all this fast guys from unlocking the phone after its been snatched from the owner
Re: How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone by meobizy(f): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
Phones are devices with the best fingerprint scanners. It was a waste when implemented with laptops because they were more hassle than worth. The discontinuation of it showed manufacturers learned a lesson from the whole ordeal.
When I saw my phone could store fingerprints I never cared for any form of security ever again. Just the fact I can open my phone by placing my thumb on a sensor makes me feel like a James Bond level CIA spy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

B.social'2 Aw710 Smartphone Storms Naija Market With ICS / 5 Things To Consider When Buying A New Smartphone. / Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.