Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto (17838 Views)

Senate To Override President Buhari’s Veto On Two Bills / 2019: Youths Commence Moves To Unseat Buhari - The Nation / Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by SoNature(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
dignity33:
friend the budget is not spend is not for anything that concern Buhari why was his wife raise alarm when they couldn't find ordinary paretamol. why Mr. Corruption fighter is not telling us how he used our money?

His wife is a housewife, so she may not even know what a budget means. Yes, it's a fact!

There's so much we don't know in this country, but we think we know it.

For example, Nigerians use the word 'local' to mean something of low quality which is not true.

Eg, local rice grin

2 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
Am just laughing at this senators,
Veto it and see the case in court till after elections.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by seguno2: 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
Very good.
We must support our senators to ensure that our public servants no longer hide behind the president instead of being accountable to us.
Way to go!!!

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by seguno2: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Is that the way to strengthen and deepen our democracy, by the president using the courts to undermine the legislative arm?

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
#PresidentialElectionsMustBeLast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by izaray(f): 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
Good moves from our senators. You all have the support of the masses

2 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by seguno2: 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
FixNaija:
Nigerians! As much as I hate PMB style of leadership, the National Assembly also have their own shortfalls. How can we continue to sink N150B on just 469 individuals for a country of over 180million citizens? Left to me alone, I'd say let's address all the problems in 2019

Please remind us how much Buhari uses to bard his bald head annually?
N78 million
Buhari is corruption. Corruption is Buhari.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by KaptainAfrika: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Know now that the SENATORS in the SENATE ARE NOT FOR YOU. So they can VETO the presidents refusal when it affects their own interest but when it comes to bills that will be for the nation, they will be tossing it up and down, oya also VETO the presidents refusal to pass the PEACE CORP BILL and if the excuse is that there is no money, take a pay-cut and fund that job-creating agency.

3 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by tonykel1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
My dear Senators of the Federal Republic, Please, do Nigerians a favour by impeaching Buhari and Osibanjo. We Thank you in anticipation of the impeachment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by haffaze777(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
yeyenatu as if they have any power to do any meaningful things
Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
seguno2:

Is that the way to strengthen and deepen our democracy, by the president using the courts to undermine the legislative arm?

If the senate was trying to strengthen democracy, they should go for people oriented bill's.

Until they do something about breaking local government autonomy from state, I will never take them serious.

The senators only care about the senators

2 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Ijaya123: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
APC is such a useless and unserious party. I mean, how can senators be working against their own party interest? That is so dumb. What is Oyegun the chairman doing that he can't mediate between the presidency and the national assembly members of his party? Such a clueless party doesn't deserve to be in power.

Very correct. APC seems like the gathering of strange bed fellows.

What is actually wrong with the current order of election that the lawmakers want to reorder?

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
See how they are flexing muscles on matter that has nothing to do with common people. They want to remain in power by all means, luckily for them, majority of the masses have been turned into "robotic mob": they follow the dictates of their greeds... no sense.

Think of it, how will this nonsense bill address or correct the basic problems they themselves represent or constitutes in the realm of the Masses?

I don't blame them, we gave them the confidence to be shameless and daring.

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
APC is such a useless and unserious party. I mean, how can senators be working against their own party interest? That is so dumb. What is Oyegun the chairman doing that he can't mediate between the presidency and the national assembly members of his party? Such a clueless party doesn't deserve to be in power.
are all the senators in the house APC? Or didn't u see where more than 40 PDP senators are in support. Every one of them are after their personal interest. They give 0 shít about the masses

2 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Braze9(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Sorry it has nothing to do with court, 1/3 majority of legislature. That's all

2 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by tesppidd: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
All of these problems which the President is facing turn out to be his fault entirely.

Here's a President who felt it was not important to influence who became the Senate President and the HOR speaker.
Am quite sure he's learning his lesson now.

All the presidents we have had have always influenced the national assembly elections for its principal officers.
But Baba chose to remain indifferent.

Now he's paying for Saraki's emergence.

Almost every Nigerian especially on nairaland is a two-faced hypocrite.

It's very convenient to say 'what is Buhari scared of? Why can't he sign it'
But never conveconvenient to say 'what is the Senate scared of? Why this amendment when we have very important matter bothering this country.'
Buhari is bad, Buhari is bad. But the option the wailers put forward is the same very PDP.

Never again!

Buhari will be president till 2023.
Saraki might return to senate but he won't be senate president in 2019.

Let him enjoy his senate presidency while it lasts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Braze9:

Sorry it has nothing to do with court, 1/3 majority of legislature. That's all
No 2/3

Then the executive can equally reject it and leave it for the courts to interpret the consequences.
The case will be assigned to a federal high Court who will adjourn the case.
Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by SirBunky85(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/election-re-ordering-senators-commence-moves-to-override-buharis-veto/

Let dem do it if dey are serious and stop all dese unnecessary procrastination.let me know if pmb will truly allow dem have dia way with the election sequence
Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
walegees:
See how they are flexing muscles on matter that has nothing to do with common people. They want to remain in power by all means, luckily for them, majority of the masses have been turned into "robotic mob": they follow the dictates of their greeds... no sense.

Think of it, how will this nonsense bill address or correct the basic problems they themselves represent or constitutes in the realm of the Masses?

I don't blame them, we gave them the confidence to be shameless and daring.
Don't worry their respective governors will deal with them, when it comes to the primaries with delegates.

This will be one of the most expensive elections and most rigged.
Mark my words 80%of the senators are not coming back.
Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by tesppidd: 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ijaya123:

Very correct. APC seems like the gathering of strange bed fellows.

What is actually wrong with the current order of election that the lawmakers want to reorder?
Wailers are very quick to ask
'Why is the President afraid to sign?'

But the question they run away from is;
'Why are the senators afraid to maintain status quo?'

Buhari should not make the same mistake he made with Saraki's emergence.
He must play the politics this time around and make sure that the elections are not reordered.
Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by tesppidd: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
Buhari should just get as many governors to his side as possible and forget about these senators.
The senators have little or no political value to the President.

Infact no matter which election comes first, all he needs is the governors on his side.
And deal ruthlessly with these legislooters.

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Firefire:
Good move. The dullard afraid of his shadow... grin

Waiting to hear from falana

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Doerstech(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
FixNaija:
Nigerians! As much as I hate PMB style of leadership, the National Assembly also have their own shortfalls. How can we continue to sink N150B on just 469 individuals for a country of over 180million citizens? Left to me alone, I'd say let's address all the problems in 2019

How much is your state and local government spending or rather looting? what of the executive itself? bring your figures let's look at it holistically

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by lookingfly: 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
Why is bubu afraid...... I thought he and he's zombies claim he's very popular. They should prove to us how popular he is na by allowing the new timetable. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Olumaeme: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
FixNaija:

Where were you when 1.7b was budgeted for feeding in Aso Rock, apart from series of computers and software gulping hundreds of millions, how much do you think the president is taking home as security votes every month?

Divide and blame can't help us

2 Likes

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Teenaira: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
are all the senators in the house APC? Or didn't u see where more than 40 PDP senators are in support. Every one of them are after their personal interest. They give 0 shít about the masses

So it is president Buhari who so much love the masses that he decided to look the other way when Fulani herdsmen are killing every known farmer in the country particularly in Benue and Taraba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Olumaeme: 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
SoNature:

Please be informed: budgetary allocation is not spent money. It's a plan, which may or may not be executed.

Back to topic: I think that the quest to remove PMB isn't a good one per se because Nigeria needs a president from the south to restructure the country.

A Nigerian president of northern extraction can never restructure this country. And getting someone else from the north to lead this country means elongating their stay in power.

With present Nigeria's structure even Obama will fail here. All we need is restructuring and attitude change to fix this country

Are you saying that a budget item that has been submitted, debated, passed and signed into law is just there for show? Hahaha, my brother.... I don't know what to tell you.

Let me tell you expressly, those frivolous budget items get attended to first before the capital projects, ask people close to government

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Icon79(m): 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
The national assembly is the biggest problem in Nigeria! You just have a gang of thieves in there stealing whatever they could lay their hands on. Look at their salaries and allowances and you'd feel sorry for Nigeria. They even get ridiculous stuffs like "hardship allowance, newspaper allowance, car allowance, house allowance, etc etc."

The United States is the richest country in the world but over here the only thing congress men and women receive are their basic salaries and nothing else. In fact, their remuneration is so meager that many of them can't even afford the high apartment rent in Washington, DC; hence they sleep in their offices. Yet in one of the poorest countries in the world, their leaders tend to steal everything in the treasury. God will judge the Nigerian leaders .... all of them!

O pari

FixNaija:

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Aboguede(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
Buhari is the first Nigeria president to not sheld his supporters in their impunity and in as much as he apper incompitent, he is better than most presidents from northern extraction.

I think he did not assent the Senate's reorder of elects due to the witch Hunt pressure from some evil people around him but he sure knows that the senate will surely finish the work mostly because it favors them more.

Believe me, this is the best and most confident senate in Africa today and Nigeria is slowly but steadily on the path to brighter splender future.

Long live Nigeria
Long live our leaders
Long live saraki and ekweremadu.
Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
please you guys should serve him impeachment letter , he don try so make another person try em luck

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by Tuprelo: 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
I DON'T THINK ANYBODY IS AFRAID OF SOMETHING OR SOMEBODY. BUT I AM QUITE SURPRISED THAT AT A TIME WHEN WE SHOULD ALL BE THINKING OF CUTTING THE COST OF THIS PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM, THE SAME VERY EXPENSIVE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY IS THINKING OF INCREASING COST BY STAGGERING ELECTIONS. WHY CANT WE DO ALL ELECTIONS IN ONE DAY INSTEAD OF SHUTTING OUR ECONOMY FOR WHOLE 3 DAYS AS THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ARE SUGGESTING. I THINK THIS RE ORDERING IS VERY UNECONOMICAL AND SELFISHLY MYOPIC.
eTECTIVe:
D one time dat d house of Assembly is actually doing something of note.. Why is d president worried about d election reorder? What is he afraid of? I jus hope dey eventually somehow overide his stupid veto. D sooner he realises he's not as popular as he thinks he is d beta for him

1 Like

Re: Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto by ikennaoma(m): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
this is what our senators knows how to do.the veto is only for there selfish interest. inec is an independent body. now i want to ask why will the senate want to reorder the order of election if not for there own selfish interest. why cant the governorship election come first, state HOA then presidential and HOA last. rather they want there's to be first then others can follow next. stupid idiots that can only boast of peace corp bill as the only tangible bill since 2015 after wasting billions on them. God should just kill all of them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Cabal Foiled Daura’s Sack Before Buhari’s Vacation / Imo: Six Killed As DSS, EbubeAgu Raid Orlu LGA In Search Of Criminals / Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.