Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB (1143 Views)

Buhari Is An Accidental President – Fayose, Lampoons Femi Adesina / Reno Omokri Lampoons Mbaka, Bakare Over Silence On Corruption Cases / "You Are Scum" - Lauretta Onochie Lampoons Ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by phylshan: 11:18am On Mar 14, 2018
MY DEAR SON, YAHAYA MOHAMMED,
You wrote on your FB page: "I do all things not to impress anyone but to impress my conscience. When it says 'YES' so be it."
You have accused me of reducing myself to "a local hero" because of my stance on the Fulani herdsmen's attempts to conquer Benue State though terrorism, and President Buhari's support by his body language.
You went to Government College Keffi, of which I am a surviving pioneer. You studied in Ahmadu Bello University, where, again, I lectured for many years. By African tradition, you are like a son to me.
Yahaya, I became a doctor simply to save life and prevent human suffering, and I have been doing that for 62 years. I came out of retirement to terminate my professional work back home in Benue State. For the last four years, it has become as if I were a doctor at a war front, which the entire Benue State has indeed become.
The Teaching Hospital in Makurdi and all our hospitals have been receiving increasing numbers young people, women and children, with their hands and legs cut off, deep gashes on their heads and backs by attackers who were pursuing and trying to kill them. I have had to operate on people who have received gunshot wounds in their abdomen, chest and the unfortunate ones shot in the spine have become permanently paralysed. Many of the victims, having been made homeless by invaders, are so poor that they cannot afford food not to talk of the cost of their medical treatment. Medical teams have managed to save some, others have died on us because their injuries were not survivable.
We have dead bodies in the mortuary, again young and old men, women and children, some with their tongues, eyes and private parts removed, I presume, for ritual purposes.
Others that survived these brutal attacks are in refugee camps, having escaped with their lives. They are in emergency shelters unlikely to be weatherproof or comfortable, proud people who now depend on charity for clothes and food. The lives of their surviving children have been disrupted, no school, and that is a torpedo for their future. For how long? If some of you would have it, forever!
What offence have these people committed? They are farmers living in unsecured houses in the rural countryside and were attacked in the small hours of the morning when sleep is sweetest. Farm crops, the reward for their many months' hard labour were fed to the cattle of the invaders.
Yahaya, this has been the most trying time of my life. I expected the President of Nigeria to condemn this barbarism in a national broadcast and pay a visit to the people of Benue State and all other affected states to condole the victims. He could not even pretend to have any sympathy. He and his lieutenants have been making highly inappropriate statements which have added to our pains.
You may think that your brother president has become a god fit only for worship. I differ. I and other Nigerians elected him, and right now he deserves to be impeached and removed. Corruption has made that impossible. The only way forward is for the invaders to return to wherever they came from, and our refugees be resettled on their farms. If the perpetrators of these crimes are not sanctioned, the brutalisation of Nigerian society would have gone beyond recovery.
I have never sought to be any type of hero except for my patients. The brutality of the invading Fulani herdsmen has converted all the people of Benue State to be my patients. My conscience has said "YES," to this local heroism and so be it!
Comment
1KYou, Emma Ukaa, Sesugh Ande and 1K others
415 Shares
388 Comments
Comments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by Sapnaprem(f): 11:21am On Mar 14, 2018
shey na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by koladebrainiac(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2018
horrifying
Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by Momoh7(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2018
Abeg who read make e explain give me, If e reach front page make dem wake me up
Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by tchimatic(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2018
And Buhari is being persuaded to go for a second term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by tchimatic(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2018
And Buhari wants to take us to which promise land exactly?
Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by jaiykem: 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thought of what could have been going on in the minds of these killer herders. To sleep and wake up every day with the same issue unaddressed has shown that Buhari government cannot protect life and property. This killing is too much except they want everybody to carry gun.,..
Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by LaudableXX: 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
Sapnaprem:
shey na like this we go dey dey?

I love this quote by Prof. Shima Kaimom Gyoh a renowned surgeon, and Professor of Surgery at Benue State University:
"You may think that your brother president has become a god fit only for worship. I differ. I and other Nigerians elected him, and right now he deserves to be impeached and removed. Corruption has made that impossible.

The only way forward is for the invaders to return to wherever they came from, and our refugees be resettled on their farms. If the perpetrators of these crimes are not sanctioned, the brutalisation of Nigerian society would have gone beyond recovery.

I have never sought to be any type of hero except for my patients. The brutality of the invading Fulani herdsmen has converted all the people of Benue State to be my patients. My conscience has said "YES," to this local heroism and so be it!"

If only more people can come out of their shells, to assist their injured fellow man!

Please lalasticlala, move this to FP!
Re: Professor Gyoh's Reply To A Facebook User Goes Viral, Lampoons PMB by Sapnaprem(f): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
seconded.
LaudableXX:

I love this quote by Prof. Shima Kaimom Gyoh a renowned surgeon, and Professor of Surgery at Benue State University:

If only more people can come out of their shells, to assist their injured fellow man!

Please lalasticlala, move this to FP!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: President Buhari Seeks Soft Landing For Oyegun / Lazy Youth's List - Yusuf Buhari leads the line details soon / Hold Yourself Responsible For Your Failure, Jonathan Tells Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.