Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,280 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone (3403 Views)

How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Review and Antutu Benchmark Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Review Introduction

While Xioami is a well know smartphone maker in countries like China, India and even some of the Western countries, the company is still a big stranger to many smartphone user in the African. Although, I have seen recent efforts by Xioami to make it products available in some African countries like South Africa, Nigeria, Botswana and Malawi via some third party dealers. Sadly only mid-range and rather aged Mi devices are available via the above means. Well, all thanks to GearBest.com for sending us a unit of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 for review, and ere is all you need to know about the Redmi 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmJpQQ-sdU&t=47s

So here are the highlights of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 smartphone

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Smartphone Specifications and Features

SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIMs
Network Type: GSM/CDMA/WCDMA/TD-SCDMA/FDD-LTE/TDD-LTE
Screen Size : 5.7-inch HD+ IPS display with 720 x 1440 pixels resolution (280 PPI)
Processor Type: 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 450 Octa-core Cortex-A53 64-bit CPU
Storage: 16 GB + 2GB RAM/32 GB + 3GB RAM
External Storage: Dedicated microSD slot, with support up to 128 GB
Camera: 12-Megapixel rear camera with single LED Flash and 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
Back-placed Fingerprint scanner
Battery: 3300mAh Non-removable Battery
Price: Starting at $127

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Camera Samples

Xiaomi Redmi Review: Final Verdicts
Apple will throttle the performance of your old iPhone, in order to encourage you to buy newer Apple iPhones. But that is not same with Xiaomi. In spite of how good the Redmi 4 was, Xiaomi was still able to add so much improvement and value to the Redmi 5 that will make owners of Redmi 4 wants to upgrade without throttling the performance of their phones. Talking about improvements, I am talking about:

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Pros
Great Built Qaulity
Capable and fast Hardware and Software
Faster Fingerprint scanner
Superb sound output
Impressive battery life

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Cons
Weaker screen color saturation
Extra protruded rear camera
So in my opinion, if your smartphone budget falls around $120, and you are looking for a more frugal processor and fast OS to power your daily smartphone needs, you can confidently trust the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 in the Redmi 5 to do that for you.

Detailed Review Source: https://www.droidafrica.net/xiaomi-redmi-5-review-a-worthy-mid-range-smartphone/
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
Read your review, too many mistakes in the write-up. I suggest you proof read thoroughly before publishing.

Well done though.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Read your review, too many mistakes in the write-up. I suggest you proof read thoroughly before publishing.

Well done though.
Thanks for watching my back

Still editing the work sha and thanks for not insulting though grin

If you want me to compare this phone with Tecno Camon CM, Please like this comment

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Thanks for not insulting though grin

Y should I insult na?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Y should I insult na?
that is how some persons are. Nairaland is a faceless forum, some persons feels they can say whatever they wants with their mouth, and tell you; "I'm in my room, come and beat me"

Some don't even consider the stress of putting creative things or videos online embarassed
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

that is how some persons are. Nairaland is a faceless forum, some persons feels they can say whatever they wants with their mouth, and tell you; "I'm in my room, come and beat me"

Some don't even consider the stress of putting creative things or videos online embarassed

lolll, I actually read your article yesterday morning.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Seriously....see as you just scare me all out. As at then, I was still compiling the article naw grin grin grin. When you read it, I had not even added pictures and videos at the time naw

Oya, if you have time, try reading it again, it much of fun now.

The bottom line is...THANK YOU BRO
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Seriously....see as you just scare me all out. As then, I was still compiling the article naw grin grin grin. When you read, I had not even added pictures and videos at the time naw

Oya, if you have time, try reading it again, it much of fun now.

The bottom line...THANK YOU BRO

But you published na, I follow you on twitter that was y I could read it yesterday. Will re read when am less busy.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:

But you published na, I follow you on twitter that was y I could read it yesterday. Will re read when am less busy.
Yes bro, I did. But it was today I actually edited it (proofread it)

Thanks for the follow
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Yes bro, I did. But it was today I actually edited it (proofread it)

Thanks for the folow

Noted. Am not a bro.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Noted. Am not a bro.
grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by yusasiv(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Thanks for watching my back

Still editing the work sha and thanks for not insulting though grin

Where can i get xiaomi phones in kwara state
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
yusasiv:

Where can i get xiaomi phones in kwara state
Buy directly from trusted online stores, It will be delivered directly to you in Kwara, or you can order from Jumia. But then, it like buying internationally as most sellers on Jumia don't really have their advertised products in stock.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by yusasiv(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Buy directly from trusted online stores, It will be delivered directly to you in Kwara, or you can order from Jumia. But then, it like buying internationally as most sellers on Jumia don't really have their advertised products in stock.

Gearbest is one of those, i guess
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by Gptech(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Bro, please send me link to the article tongue.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Gptech:

grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
yusasiv:

Gearbest is one of those, i guess
Yes... Aliexpress is good too... But not all sellers are good on Aliexpress.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Gptech:

That's not bro... She's a she grin

https://www.droidafrica.net/xiaomi-redmi-5-review-a-worthy-mid-range-smartphone/
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by Gptech(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

https://www.droidafrica.net/xiaomi-redmi-5-review-a-worthy-mid-range-smartphone/
Thanks, at bolded, seriously! grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
Gptech:

Thanks, at bolded, seriously! grin
Don't worry, she won't chop off your head, besides, it not your fault... Since she didn't indicate her gender
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Don't worry, she won't chop off your head, besides, it not your fault... Since she didn't indicate her gender

And why do people assume that anybody that talks about tech is a male? Na the problem be that.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
talk2ekpa:

lolll, he is just pulling your legs.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by jetz(m): 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
few female tech enthusiast out there sha nice review bro the phone is on Jumia sha 2weeks but more costly
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
jetz:
few female tech enthusiast out there sha nice review bro the phone is on Jumia sha 2weeks but more costly
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
fibonacci2526:

lolll, he is just pulling your legs.
Abi ooo... Since he could have seen where you initially said you aren't a brother.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by tmogba4(m): 5:34am On Mar 15, 2018
Good morning ladies
You can join our whatsapp platform of over 250 people in Nigeria to sell/buy electronics and gadgets.
Note: Each state has its own group

Link for Lagos group is embedded in picture...

OR
SELL TO OVER 1000 NIGERIANS

This is to announce to you that you can sell to over 1000 Nigerians.

An updated electronics/gadget list would be published later today on all our whatsapp groups and facebook pages.

- PM me to include your electronics/gadgets ASAP if interested!
�� 6% Commission on Sale

If I published yours yesterday and you've sold it, please let me know so that I can take it off the list

- PM me for other Advert placement

There is no way you won't sell...have a wonderful day.

☎ 08136495877
© Polówó Gájètì, 2018

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2018
cc; lalasticala fynestboi myd44
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by GrandMufti: 8:28am On Mar 15, 2018
So this thread don deviate enter woman now? angry
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2018
GrandMufti:
So this thread don deviate enter woman now? angry
GrandMufti... I don't understand.... We de appreciate the only techy girl on the thread now
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by Tejiriseth(m): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2018
The Phone goes well..! But Battery na.!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2018
Tejiriseth:
The Phone goes well..!
But Battery na.!
My brother, the battery strong wella....take my words on that....Currently preparing a detailed comparison with Tecno Camon CM

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone by fibonacci2526: 11:35am On Mar 15, 2018
talk2ekpa:

My brother, the battery strong wella....take my words on that....Currently preparing a detailed comparison with Tecno Camon CM

People think it is by the number of mah not putting into account the processor, screen resolution etc. Smh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Flexispy Software Badly / Fake Vs Real Iphone 6 in Computer Village ! / Oraimo Products And Prices 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.