Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:30 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included (19880 Views)

Infinix Zero 5 Unboxing, Price And First Impressions (PICS) / Infinix Hot 5 Unboxing Video And First Impression / Infinix HOT 5 Unboxing + First Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Hands on Unboxing Honest Review Pros and Cons

When i was told that device from Xiaomi were fast i thought it was all small talks till i got one for myself and found out it was all true. Xiaomi was one of the best sellers in the mobile world last year 2017 and Xiaomi is planning to replicate the success in 2018 with the latest Xiaomi Redmi 5 series smartphones. Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro were launched in Feburary and can be gotten on online stores worldwide.

Redmi 5 is the successor of Redmi 4 which was launched earlier in december 2017. Redmi 5 is a budget device like Redmi 4 and is priced below 55,000 naira in Nigeria and Rs.10000 in India. So what’s with the Redmi 5? Let’s take a look at the unit i got for myself.

Redmi 5 Specifications & Features

Display 5.7 inch IPS LCD, 720x1440px,
Processor & GPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 | Adreno 506
OS & RAM Android v7.1.2 | 2GB or 3GB RAM
Storage 16 or 32GB | Expandable up to 128GB
Primary Camera 12MP, f/2.2, PDAF, LED Flash
Secondary Camera 5MP
Battery Li-Po 3,300 mAh non-removable battery

Design Display and Build Quality

On unwrapping the DHL package from Jumia Global is a Red box with a Chinese inscription of the Redmi 5 with a bold 5 on top well packaged and firm . On seeing the Redmi 5 the major difference with that of the Redmi 4 is the Redmi 5 has a large 5.7-inch display on the front. The display is of 18:9 aspect ratio with HD Plus resolution. Bezel-less displays have been a trend this year and it’s great to see Xiaomi bringing it to the budget segment. The display looks beautiful and gives a premium feel to the device.

The resolution is only HD+ so it is not that sharp like it is on the Plus version but considering the price point, we think it is fine. The display size has gone up from 5 inches to 5.7 inches but the overall size of the device has just increased by 10mm so users should not worry about the size.

BUY THE XIAOMI REDMI 5 HERE NOW ON JUMIA

Another major visible change is the lack of backlit buttons on the bottom. Xiaomi has moved to on-screen buttons to reduce the bezel size. Xiaomi has followed the metal unibody design approach in Redmi 5 as well and the build of the device is solid. The back of Redmi 5 is curved a bit which makes it easy to hold. There is a 2.5D glass on the display as well but we don’t know whether it gorilla glass or not. Overall, the device looks really nice.

Camera

Now let’s talk about cameras on the Redmi 5. There is a single 12MP sensor on the back of the phone with 1.25-micron pixels, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, and LED flash. Xiaomi has not gone with a dual camera setup so you can’t take portrait mode pictures with it but well i have heard you could with custom roms i trust the Indians on that. The back camera performs well in daylight outdoor conditions.

The pictures are sharp and vibrant and not over exposed or over saturated like most Mtk budget smartphone we see this days that goes after color. The camera performance indoors in low light conditions is pretty average. On the front, there is a 5MP camera with a LED flash. The front camera can take decent selfies and the front flash helps under low light conditions. Overall, the camera performance is decent for the price range i was pretty stunned.

Performance

Under the hood the Redmi 5 sports a Snapdragon 450 chipset with 2/3/4GB of RAM and 16/32/64GB of storage my unit is the 3GB/32GB RAM/ROM. The Snapdragon 450 processor is latest and best in the entry-level chip segment and we are happy to see that Xiaomi is not cutting any corners here like most Mtk budget device.

Verdict

After using Xiaomi Redmi 5 for a little over a month, I can say that it’s definitely one of the best low-end smartphones available out there. Its performance is better than devices like Redmi 4A, Redmi 4, Redmi 4 Prime, Nokia 3 Tecno Camon CM, Infinix Hot S3 and Moto C Plus, all of which have similar price tags.

Source link >>>https://ngeeek.com/2018/05/15/xiaomi-redmi-5-hands-on-unboxing-honest-review-pros-and-cons/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2018
IR Blaster is now ma favorite remote toy at the top of the Redmi 5 i use it to operate virtually any electronic device that uses remote reciever

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jericco1(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2018
very soon
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Sirpaul(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2018
the ba3 is a no no for me.........

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by 1zynnvn(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2018
Compare with camon x pro
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2018
nice one...price needed
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:07pm On May 15, 2018
Nyc Phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Lojekunle: 1:08pm On May 15, 2018
Prefer my note 4x still leading up

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by stevebond007(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2018
3300maH? Too low.

Who builds this kinda phone

For Nigerians?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jimkramar: 1:10pm On May 15, 2018
How much is the price
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by toluxa1(m): 1:10pm On May 15, 2018
toluxa1:
Super Price Slash On New Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 6GB RAM /64GB (Black)
N150,000
Price is fixed.

Some Redmi 5 Plus 4GB/64GB (Black) will be available before the WEEKEND @N65,000 only
Lowest prices always...
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by CharlesJok3r: 1:13pm On May 15, 2018
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by eherbal(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2018
the resolution is poor undecided

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by BeardedTraveler: 1:15pm On May 15, 2018
stevebond007:
3300maH? Too low.

For Nigerians?

Sirpaul:

You'll be surprised that the 3300maH would last longer than the average 4000maH. This is because the processor used (SD450) is a 14nm processor which makes it more power efficient than the average MTK processor that is 28nm

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2018
Sirpaul:
the battery does incredibly better than my previously used infinix hot4 battery Xiaomi re known for good power efficiency

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by mansamusa2020: 1:29pm On May 15, 2018
i want to buy amazon gift card[quote author=toluxa1 post=67581577][/quote]
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

You'll be surprised that the 3300maH would last longer than the average 4000maH. This is because the processor used (SD450) is a 14nm processor which makes it more power efficient than the average MTK processor that is 28nm
thank you exactly on point you really know whats up jare

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by symbianDON(m): 1:30pm On May 15, 2018
some people just shout battery battery as if the manufacturer is dumb.....if na battery be the problem you for kuku buy phone wey get 75amps battery na

29 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by MizMyColi(f): 1:30pm On May 15, 2018
Not impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 1:31pm On May 15, 2018
eherbal:
the resolution is poor undecided
720p aint poor per say since its an average device believe me color reproduction is damn good on tis device

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2018
Diickrider:
How much
got mine for 56k on jumia global 3gb/32gb ram/rom its quite cheaper on aliexpress u can even go for the plus version that sports 1080p if u wish
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by toluxa1(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2018
mansamusa2020:
i want to buy amazon gift card

You can WhatsApp me.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by henry007(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2018
1zynnvn:
Compare with camon x pro

Ha not in the same price range na.

I compared CX and RN4X. That should give you an idea.

https://www.nairaland.com/4374690/xiaomi-redmi-note-4xs-camera

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Dutchey(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2018
if its ain't 4gb RAM, its ain't making sense
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by toluxa1(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2018
stevebond007:
3300maH? Too low.

For Nigerians?

Sirpaul:

Infinix and Tecno has made you guys wrongly believe in the higher the mAh, the better the battery with their very poorly efficient power consumption phones. Its not all about mAh. See pix below. My Samsung S8 is 3000mAh.

https://www.nairaland.com/4457964/brand-new-xiaomi-mi-mix

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by OCTAVO: 1:44pm On May 15, 2018
Good
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by jetz(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2018
Diickrider:

So u mean i have to order online? Can't i get it at computer village ikeja?
we ve sellers here on NL whom re credible enough that buy in stock n resell at lagos. Other than that jumia n aliexpress wont take long to get to u at lagos compared to me that stays far up north

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cool Mobile Games / Why Are Most Nigerians Not Using The Face Unlock Feature Of Their Smartphones ? / Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.