Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State (46876 Views)

14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / EFCC Arraigns Philomina Chieshe Who Blamed Snake Over JAMB's Missing N35m / 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Islie: 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
Posted By: Bolaji Ogundele,

A university admission-seeker simply identified as Loveth has reportedly committed suicide in Ekiugbo, Ughelli North local government area of Delta State.

Loveth, who was said to be displeased with the 163 mark she garnered in the ongoing Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), was found dead at her home on Wednesday morning.

Our correspondent gathered that the deceased picked medicine as her choice of study.

The Nation gathered that the deceased took three bottles of Sniper and these were found by her side on Wednesday morning.

According to sources, Loveth had gone to check her UTME result on Tuesday and discovered to her amazement that she had scored far lower than she had expected and would not secure admission to the university to study her “dream course.”

The 18-year old reportedly left the centre very distraught and wept profusely.

http://thenationonlineng.net/teenager-commits-suicide-utme-score/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by AntiWailer: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
You are a coward dear.

You could have waited.

There are other ways of entering University without Jamb.

RIP

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Olalan(m): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
Quite saddening, if only she had the right people around her to encourage her maybe she wouldn't have done such. It's our duty to reach out as best as we can to people around in their periods of failures and disappointments you never can tell who's life you are saving with your words of encouragement.

151 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by sonsomegrigbo: 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
painful.

suicide is not an option my people...

May God forgive your soul

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by sonsomegrigbo: 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
painful...

suicide is not an option my people...

May God forgive your soul
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by splmosixx(m): 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Haa...

This life is damn complicated.....

6 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by SirLakes: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
Are you kidding me undecided

This small small Pekin should stop watching Nollywood movies abeg

When I bin dey 18 year I no Even sabi wetin suicide mean.

Aiye has turned upside down lipsrsealed

20 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by nairalanduseles: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
death gotta be easy cos life is hard......rip girl life is bleeped

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
As if graduates are any better than none graduates.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by helphelp: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
But why?
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Holywizard: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ewu Gambia

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by NwaAmaikpe: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
shocked

I know her parents will be angry that the money they spent on her JAMB is wasted.

When they should feel opposite because they don't have to pay for her university education again.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Oluwason(m): 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hmm,

Suicide is never a way out. The thought of those commiting suicide is that they should just end it all as they could not continue with the struggles of life. But if only they knew that that's not the end to life, and that they end nothing cos the struggles continues in the after life as they will pay dearly for their actions.

My heart goes out to the little chap, hope things are not exactly the way it looks.

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Pavore9: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Really sad.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Cletus77(m): 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Probably a teen with no other source of funds for sponsoring herself next year and maybe someone may have promised to sponsor her if she makes it did year.
I can't kill myself 4 any reason

4 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

She's a child.
What was the response of her parents to the result? That's a factor. Her parents could have been pressurizing her with comparison to her mates who got admitted at 16 & 17. Some parents could be funny.

☣ ☠

25 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by nedu2000(m): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Probably was looked down on and insulted by her parents.

17 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by EddieCAD(m): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
shocked
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Ionkidiz(m): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
sad news
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Too much suicide topics lately.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by XaintJoel20: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
I think the unnecessary pressure being mounted on children by their parents and the society is a big contributory factor in this scenario. Sometimes you hear parents tell their wards that their colleague's child just got admission to study medicine and as such their child must do same. The society should stop mounting unnecessary pressure on children.

I know the number of times I sat for JAMB before I finally got admission to study.

Thank God for the kind of parents I have.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry crycool cool cool cool cool cool cool

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Abbeyme: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
My kid sister also wrote that exam, Let me ask for her registration number self

4 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by lilfreezy: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
She must have been under some sort of performance pressure from her parents. Parents should stop being over demanding, some kids can't handle pressure angry

8 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by RexEmmyGee: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
This is why parental guidance is needed. If they have talked to her and tell her that no matter the outcome, they still love, a life would have been saved

10 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by gmoney12: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
what rubbish...since this regime took over na so frustration don deal with some....

and some mentally Ill will still go and Vote for APC be it state or LGA....

people be strong ,hold on a little while this devilish régime won't be there forever ...and okay your own role to see to that.

rip
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by mysteriousman(m): 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Haba quite saddening, too many incidence of suicide these days, what's up with youths these days, too much exposure to social media also accounts for this. Haba just 18 years this is crazy she can still write next year and pass. Parenting influence or peer shame. Kai!!!!

8 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Who university education help?

If I had gotten d experience I have now as a jambite, I wouldn't have wasted 5 years in uni plus one year nysc after which I joined d exponentially growing labour MKT to look for job.

My mates that learnt trade after secondary school have all builts mighty houses, married early and are living large.

This girl only needed counselling to avert this suicide.

My children won't make d mistake I made. University education is over rated.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Cadec007(m): 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ha! So result is out?

4 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by odehaj: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by FarahAideed: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
Buhari effect again... The cost of writting exams under Buhari has skyrocketed so much that parent now put too much pressure on their kids to pass it once or consider the opportunity lost forever such pressure can get kids engulfed with uncertainty which can lead to depression.

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by bamoski(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
Eyah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electrician Rapes Housemaid After Installing Decoder / Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Woman Breaks Her Young Maid's Head In Onitsha (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.