Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State (46909 Views)

14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / EFCC Arraigns Philomina Chieshe Who Blamed Snake Over JAMB's Missing N35m / 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Maziebuka01(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Did she die
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by ladykolly(f): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
What a world,jst 18yr and u choose to die lipsrsealed bcox of jamb,when people stil write jamb @ 27.
Doh pressure could b
Rip
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by SirLakes: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
costandi:
You must have been very dumb at 18.

Why didn't you kill yourself @ 18

use ur head, what I mean is
@ 18 a normal human being should be full of life, should be fantasizing about a future that has more to offer.

"those stories you hear from brothers, uncles, big bros n sis in your hood bout campus & NYSC life. That feeling when you see your big bro n sis collect big cash when they leave for school, Those are the things that should drive teenagers to wanna see the next day, month,years"

suicide shouldnt even have a way to creep into ones mind @ that time.

Carry your frustration go another place, I ain't gat no time for ya type.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by kenevision(m): 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
It saddens my heart that this generation has lost the moral strength to carry on during turbulent times. Life is filled with challenges, and until you understand that everyday is not Christmas, you may find it hard to stand when the battles of life come knocking.

I see the younger generation committing suicide for flimsy reasons: boyfriend cheats on you - you commit suicide, you are mocked at school - you commit suicide, your parents scold you - you commit suicide.

Empty is the Word! Emptiness of life, morally empty, psychologically empty, spiritually empty - just empty, but professional on Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp.

Discover your purpose and fulfill it, no matter what pains life may throw at you!

Suicide is never an option!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by costandi(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
SirLakes:

Why didn't you kill yourself @ 18

use ur head, what I mean is
@ 18 a normal human being should be full of life, should be fantasizing about a future that has more to offer.

"those stories you hear from brothers, uncles, big bros n sis in your hood bout campus & NYSC life. That feeling when you see your big bro n sis collect big cash when they leave for school, Those are the things that should drive teenagers to wanna see the next day, month,years"

suicide shouldnt even have a way to creep into ones mind @ that time.

Carry your frustration go another place, I ain't gat no time for ya type.
hahaha... Bros this your explanation tire me, I no go lie you! Just a sentence from me, you reply with an epistle.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by SirLakes: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
costandi:
hahaha... Bros this your explanation tire me, I no go lie you! Just a sentence from me, you reply with an epistle.
I believe you are daft, that's why I had to take my time to school you....bye
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
I am short of words
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by maasoap(m): 10:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Who university education help?

If I had gotten d experience I have now as a jambite, I wouldn't have wasted 5 years in uni plus one year nysc after which I joined d exponentially growing labour MKT to look for job.

My mates that learnt trade after secondary school have all builts mighty houses, married early and are living large.

This girl only needed counselling to avert this suicide.

My children won't make d mistake I made. University education is over rated.
Words
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by THEPOTTER(m): 10:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
XaintJoel20:
I think the unnecessary pressure being mounted on children by their parents and the society is a big contributory factor in this scenario. Sometimes you hear parents tell their wards that their colleague's child just got admission to study medicine and as such their child must do same. The society should stop mounting unnecessary pressure on children.

I know the number of times I sat for JAMB before I finally got admission to study.

Thank God for the kind of parents I have.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry crycool cool cool cool cool cool cool
I Love what you said. You nailed it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Yeeyo: 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
FarahAideed:
Buhari effect again... The cost of writting exams under Buhari has skyrocketed so much that parent now put too much pressure on their kids to pass it once or consider the opportunity lost forever such pressure can get kids engulfed with uncertainty which can lead to depression.
is Buhari cause all this things

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Countersam(m): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
How can someone overdose on sniper? 3 bottles fa?

She wan kill her spirit join

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Emanodimo(m): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
Olalan:
Quite saddening, if only she had the right people around her to encourage her maybe she wouldn't have done such. It's our duty to reach out as best as we can to people around in their periods of failures and disappointments you never can tell who's life you are saving with your ".

WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT.... people hear that often

If only she had the right people around her.... That's what got missing.... She didn't...
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by miracool946: 11:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I know her parents will be angry that the money they spent on her JAMB is wasted.

When they should feel opposite because they don't have to pay for her university education again.
Na the wasted pussy pain me pass my guy
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Gkemz: 11:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
Eeya... All she needed at that critical moment was encouragement and support. Omg...! She's too small to kill herself because of ordinary jamb result which doesn't guarantee success in life. Doesn't she have good friends? Doesn't she have supportive family that should have detected her suicidal tendencies.
As for parents, Never you stay far from your kids. As them questions if you notice a sign of depression or they are being withdrawn, try to intimate with them. Show them love and caring. If they fail, don't hurt them with abusive words rather encourage them, inspire them. Tell them there's more to life than this. Be their mentor. Many of these kids who commit suicide and crimes come from broken homes.

Let's help our kids by directing their paths to greatness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by XaintJoel20: 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
THEPOTTER:
I Love what you said. You nailed it

Thanks.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by santricedupas(m): 12:01am On Mar 15, 2018
sir ahmadu bello statement after independence, nigeria is a conquered estate of usmanu dan fodio, we fulanis will not allow southern nigeria to rule over them and southern nigeria will never have control over there future, the minorities in the northern nigeria will be used as political willing tools.

let us divide nigeria. the same 163 will enable a fulani gain admission to unibadan to study medicine or engineering while ibadan indigine will never be given even soil education to study.

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by ohem007(m): 1:11am On Mar 15, 2018
Buh i thought jamb said they have not yet post their result na......

That the present result is fake

Yesterday i saw one post about jamb and fake result shit...

Cant she just wait for some days...

Even cut off mark is 110 for poly and 120 for uni..... (*even small doctor sef go enter school*)......

Even me sef........i wrote jamb 4 times...
Na post jamb dey always fvck me up
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:30am On Mar 15, 2018
I guess the death won't give you the medicine either....
Am 300level medical student after five years of finishing school certificate which during that period i completed a three year college of education course.
Studying medicine is not the success of this life, there are far more things that can make you successful​ and happy...

Our young ones needs correct orientation
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 2:14am On Mar 15, 2018
Suicide can be prevented through love and care, her parent might be a motivating factor due to pressure... Me Sha I can't even reason it.
If I'm to drink poison my hand go heavy to carry am,
If Na to go jump enter lagoon my leg go heavy to walk.. So for me suicide is a no no..
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by EBUBS(m): 4:14am On Mar 15, 2018
Olalan:
Quite saddening, if only she had the right people around her to encourage her maybe she wouldn't have done such. It's our duty to reach out as best as we can to people around in their periods of failures and disappointments you never can tell who's life you are saving with your words of encouragement.

Thank you so much
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by menwongo(m): 6:25am On Mar 15, 2018
Netanyahu1:
As if graduates are any better than none graduates.
Lol.
I even know of a medical doctor who can't sleep in his house due to issues with his medical doctor wife.

The man Na sad man for life
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Water101(f): 7:02am On Mar 15, 2018
when all they tell u is that without school u don't have a future.Everywhere u go people idolize western education.discover what u are gud at what u do best be creative,4 wall of university aint the ultimate.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Osinowoosibanjo(m): 7:07am On Mar 15, 2018
My dear brother, dont think like a fool. Education is the best legacy you can have. U might be thinking education is not relevant that you will choose trade over schling. Where you can go with your certificate your mate that did not go to schl will not get there let them continue to build mansion because one day you will buy the mansion from them.
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Who university education help?

If I had gotten d experience I have now as a jambite, I wouldn't have wasted 5 years in uni plus one year nysc after which I joined d exponentially growing labour MKT to look for job.

My mates that learnt trade after secondary school have all builts mighty houses, married early and are living large.

This girl only needed counselling to avert this suicide.

My children won't make d mistake I made. University education is over rated.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Oduwils222(m): 7:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Olalan:
Quite saddening, if only she had the right people around her to encourage her maybe she wouldn't have done such. It's our duty to reach out as best as we can to people around in their periods of failures and disappointments you never can tell who's life you are saving with your words of encouragement.
Well said bro.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by officialfestus(m): 7:27am On Mar 15, 2018
Chikita66:
Why Na, when I first wrote jamb, i did so poorly and I got 176, I didn't kill myself, I jejely went to poly thanks to my dad encouragements and help, the next jamb I did well, dropped out and went to a university. Why can't parents be supportive of their kids? With 163 she can go to poly or COE.

Nothing in this world is worth committing suicide for, nothing at all.
pls can I enter poly with same result....and later resit for jamb next year?�
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by EmperorAlonzo1: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2018
Nooooo suicide is never and will never be a last resort
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2018
Olalan:

Really. Everyone needs comfort , encouragement and empathy in times of distress. Not everyone has s brave heart. Depression is real. I feel so sorry to her.

She couldn't encourage herself that there was so much more to life. cry
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Johnkay225: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2018
This is really not good,some people wrote Jamb more than five times and they are successful today... This is really sad. Who do we blame ? I'm sure it's some kind of pressure ,maybe from parents or just plain competition with her other friends or something.. I no dey like this kind news at all....
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 15, 2018
officialfestus:
pls can I enter poly with same result....and later resit for jamb next year?�
Yes if you score very high in post utme.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by officialfestus(m): 9:05am On Mar 15, 2018
Chikita66:
Yes if you score very high in post utme.
my jamb result shock me oh...I swear.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2018
officialfestus:
my jamb result shock me oh...I swear.
Lolz its one of those things, jamb score doesn't determine your future, you will still see people that will score high and come out with poor grade at the end of the educational cycle. So that's why I don't bother about it.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State by officialfestus(m): 9:40am On Mar 15, 2018
Chikita66:
Lolz its one of those things, jamb score doesn't determine your future, you will still see people that will score high and come out with poor grade at the end of the educational cycle. So that's why I don't bother about it.
I was expecting nothing less than 250...but they gave me 159....the calculator was a total rubbish...I was having 20mins.left when they stopped us by shutting down the system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Impregnates His 16-Year-Old Sister In Lagos / Man Arrested While Robbing In Traffic At CMS, Lagos (Photo) / Man Rapes His Wife's Niece In Warri, Delta State (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.