Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

#WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday (4910 Views)

I Need The Wordpress Newspaper 8 Theme / Please How Can I Disable The Wordpress Autosave Feature. / The wordpress website and blog designer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by olamideyelo: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
The Lagos WordCamp Conference 2018 might have come and gone but the memories will remain fresh. I had so much fun and met quite a number of people. Here is the highlight of my experience at the conference. I will be publishing videos from some of the sessions I attended and interviews I had with different techies at the event
Don't forget to subscribe to my channel here https://youtube.com/olamideyelo so you won't miss any updates On Facebook: https://facebook.com/olamideyelo Instagram: https://instagram.com/olamideyelo Twitter: https://twitter.com/olamideyelo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsArco93lNU

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by beejayphako(m): 6:54am On Mar 15, 2018
FTC sho
cheesy cheesy
This guy beneath me tho grin

#WCampConference, thats cool. It is all about what in particular?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by Doilooklikeicare(m): 6:54am On Mar 15, 2018
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by muhdzed(m): 6:55am On Mar 15, 2018
Wow....cool
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by RomeoEmpire(m): 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
beejayphako:
FTC sho
cheesy cheesy
Why did u do this to me? I was rushing to b FTC. Nid an apology. grin
beejayphako:
FTC sho
cheesy cheesy
Why did u do this to me? I was rushing to b FTC. Nid an apology.
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by TheAIC: 6:58am On Mar 15, 2018
beejayphako:
FTC sho
cheesy cheesy
This guy beneath me tho grin

#WCampConference, thats cool. It is all about what in particular?
Thanks

About learning to be a responsible blogger, devoid of sensational lies maybe.

Watching the video, I see some boring nerdy girl trying too hard to portray the ''interesting' side of her.

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by baddosky1: 6:58am On Mar 15, 2018
Bunch of amateurs!

There are Web Developers...
there are Web Designers...
and there are "Wordpressers"

People who fall in the first category get the job done, people who are in the second are trying to catch up while people in the third should be JAILED!

5 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by Zeromoney(m): 7:10am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

People who fall in the first category get the job done, people who are in the second are trying to catch up while people in the third should be JAILED!

Mr. Guru, just want to inform you that the following people are worth millions of dollars just by utilizing out of the box solutions.

Linda Ikeji (LIB) :
Seun Osewa (Nairaland) : SMF

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by yomalex(m): 7:12am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

easy o
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by donnie(m): 7:56am On Mar 15, 2018
Impressive

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by Doerstech(m): 8:02am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

Who be this?

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by CosmicJames(m): 8:02am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

Which category are you?
Let's start from there

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by jibbie: 8:10am On Mar 15, 2018
Zeromoney:

Mr. Guru, just want to inform you that the following people are worth millions of dollars just by utilizing out of the box solutions.

Linda Ikeji (LIB) :

Tell him @zeromoney.
We can employ him if he needs a job.

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by Doerstech(m): 8:23am On Mar 15, 2018
I was there and I thoroughly enjoyed the sessions I attended.. ...
Looking forward to the next one

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by PcashMojo(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

You are very correct on this...WordPress is an Award winning CMS, one must have a good knowledge of web development ,just knowing WordPress leave you stranded when you want to develop a real enterprise website,even the the free template WordPress offer would not meet your client requirement,and their paid template even gives you limit of pages you can add to your website.There is nothing like do in it the way you want It without limitation...start with sematic mark up .

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by SmartyPants(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

If you are still billing clients hundreds of thousands simply because you want to code from scratch you are the one to be jailed!

3 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by baddosky1: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2018
Zeromoney:

Linda Ikeji (LIB) :

The two people you mentioned don't even have their platforms (websites) running on the WordPress CMS. They were successful because of the term"Monopoly" just like Indomie Noodles.

See why I said you guys should be jailed! grin grin

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by baddosky1: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2018
SmartyPants:

If you are still billing clients hundreds of thousands simply because you want to code from scratch you are the one to be jailed!

You don't need to code from scratch to develop interactive top-notch websites. All you need is to be familiar with CSS, HTML 5 and PHP. No matter what happens, there will be a need to code one time or the other where plugins fail. Imagine given a job to develop a website like GTB website and you run to WordPress for plugins. Laughable!
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by SmartyPants(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:

You don't need to code from scratch to develop interactive top-notch websites. All you need is to be familiar with CSS, HTML 5 and PHP. No matter what happens, there will be a need to code one time or the other where plugins fail. Imagine given a job to develop a website like GTB website and you run to WordPress for plugins. Laughable!

It seems like you are not very knowledgeable about the whole thing. In the first place GTBank's website is a simple HTML, CSS and Javascript site. There is no php (or rather very little PHP), and i've just checked the source file.

Secondly, coding in HTML, CSS and PHP is the definition of coding from scratch so i don't know what you are trying to say.

Finally, true wordpress developers are proficient in all four languages (HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP) and then they understand Wordpress. As we speak, over 27% of all websites worldwide are powered by Wordpress, including some of the world's biggest brands. This trend is only set to grow.

So continue mocking things you don't fully understand untill you find yourself snd your skillset (if you haave) completely obsolete.

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by SmartyPants(m): 9:42am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:

The two people you mentioned don't even have their platforms (websites) running on the WordPress CMS. They were successful because of the term"Monopoly" just like Indomie Noodles.

you are the one to be jailed because you probably just started a web design course and suddenly you think you know your right from your left. Wordpress is by far more professional than and SMF is a very simple software to use. Rather like opening a Facebook group. His point was that complexity is not the true sign of effectiveness.

If a solution works, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by Zeromoney(m): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:

Let me ask you a question, if you were to floor the compound of your residential home with interlocking stones, will you mold yours or buy from a dealer?

Wordpress is your 'dealer'!

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by Zeromoney(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2018
SmartyPants:

you are the one to be jailed because you probably just started a web design course and suddenly you think you know your right from your left. Wordpress is by far more professional than and SMF is a very simple software to use. Rather like opening a Facebook group. His point was that complexity is not the true sign of effectiveness.

If a solution works, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Lol. The guy is still learning how to do ITK (I too know)
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by polimaf(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2018
if CNN can use wordpress, Airbnb started with WordPress... any startup should use WordPress to launch fast and begin testing its product before wasting your precious money to dubious web developers. who will create one nonsense and Still bill you high.

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by OurworkComNg1: 10:27am On Mar 15, 2018
SmartyPants:

It seems like you are not very knowledgeable about the whole thing. In the first place GTBank's website is a simple HTML, CSS and Javascript site. There is no php (or rather very little PHP), and i've just checked the source file.

Secondly, coding in HTML, CSS and PHP is the definition of coding from scratch so i don't know what you are trying to say.

Finally, true wordpress developers are proficient in all four languages (HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP) and then they understand Wordpress. As we speak, over 27% of all websites worldwide are powered by Wordpress, including some of the world's biggest brands. This trend is only set to grow.

So continue mocking things you don't fully understand untill you find yourself snd your skillset (if you haave) completely obsolete.

sir how did you check gtb's website's source code

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by OurworkComNg1: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2018
Zeromoney:

Let me ask you a question, if you were to floor the compound of your residential home with interlocking stones, will you mold yours or buy from a dealer?

i think if the design of what i want is available, i buy from dealer and if the design of what i want is complex and not available i mold mine. at least it will be unique

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by FemiYB: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2018
baddosky1:
Bunch of amateurs!

Okay MR Jailer,

1. WordPress powers 27% of the Web, now think about all the platforms used for web development,
2. I understand you don't know, so I will let you know - WordPress is coded in PHP(Advanced), HTML, CSS, Javascript and some other languages
And with your terms "Web designer and Web Developer", I'll use front-end developer and back-end developer instead.
A front-end developer codes in HTML, CSS, Javascript
A back-end developer codes in PHP, Python, Ruby etc.

If you are good in HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP, you are good enough to work and earn money.

3. WordPress has made it so easy so almost anyone can work it, depending on your skill level.
As a beginner, you can customise ready-made themes to get what you want,
As a Front End Developer, you customise, tweak and edit codes in themes to get what you want.
As a Back End Developer, you can create themes, plugins to make development easy for other WordPress Users.

So as a back-end developer, WordPress makes development easier for me, as I don't have to start it all from scratch.

If you don't understand what I just explained, please don't reply

2 Likes

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by SmartyPants(m): 11:45am On Mar 15, 2018
OurworkComNg1:

sir how did you check gtb's website's source code

Lol... you can check any website's source code. Right click on the page and scroll down to "view page source".
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2018
wordpress is nice for jobs but I doubt it will be able to create a website as a product or a real complex web app....i use wordpress sometimes, it's nice but I doubt if it will be a able to create an uber like website or a real web app.
And for those people undermining wordpress users, just know it pays their bills so leave them alone, it's not your business ....and for those wordpress users saying do not reinvent the wheel, just know your wordpress won't go beyond websites, it can't build a facebook...However I do recommend a wordpress user should have a decent level of front and back end skills.
If any one pays your bills, whether wp or scratch.... do not undermine the other
Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by baddosky1: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
Zeromoney:

Using your analogy, I would rather floor it with Epoxy using customized colors and design. People who come into my compound will be "WOWED" and ask me to get theirs done rather than the regular interlocking stones which is regular and "mass-used".

Epoxy is coding with PHP, lavarel, CSS etc

1 Like

Re: #WCLAGOS2018: Highlights From The WordPress Conference That Held Last Saturday by OurworkComNg1: 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
SmartyPants:

Lol... you can check any website's source code. Right click on the page and scroll down to "view page source".

so by doing that, you will know if php was used??

I laugh.

i even thought you were talking about the source code written by Indians for the gtb website.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Wordpress Theme Naij.com Using? / Who Say Blogging Does Not Pay? God Has Done It Again!!! (See Photo Evidence) / Will Changing My Niche Affect My Adsense Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.