Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) (27496 Views)

Bribe-Seeking Policemen Kill 17-Yr-Old Boy Set To Leave Nigeria On Sunday (Pix) / If u see this thing u may leave Nigeria first thing tomorrow - PHOTOS / Tanzanian Thief Surrenders To Police As Stolen Bag 'Refuses To Leave His Head' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by dre11(m): 7:13am On Mar 15, 2018
Samson Folarin

Pics of the suspect

The hope of nine Nigerian youths and a national of Niger Republic for greener pastures in Europe through vessels was dashed after they were arrested by the Nigeria Immigration Service .

The suspects were said to have been assisted into the vessels by some fishermen who paddled them on local boats before getting them aboard the ships .

The Comptroller , Nigeria Immigration Service , Lagos Seaports and Marine Command, Modupe Anyalechi , said five of the suspects were discovered on Sunday inside the rudder truck of MV MSC PAOLA by some immigration officers who rummaged the vessel at fairway buoy , around six nautical miles to finger jetty , Apapa Port.

The other five , according to her , were caught on Monday on board of MV MAERSK CHANNIA by some naval officers, who handed them over to the NIS .

She said the suspects were , however, unaware that most of the vessels only plied waterways of West African countries and the Gulf of Guinea .

“ Our efforts have made it almost impossible for stowaways to access vessels from the quayside ; hence , they now resort to using canoes with the assistance of fishermen , to get into vessels through the propellers when the vessels are gradually sailing to the high sea along the channel . This was confirmed in the confession of the stowaways .

“ Their reason for this act , as they claimed , was in search of greener pastures in Europe and the western world . Unknown to them, however, is the fact that some of these vessels are Coastal , whose activities are limited to West Africa and the Gulf of Guinea , ” she said .

Anyalechi identified the suspects as Orire Popoola, Kelvin Wessey , Erukudami Moses, Odiyeye Abiye , Agba Victor , Odogwu Michael, Kelly Onikan , Pope Ekele , Asumah Ukpere and Wessem Nasuru .

Twenty- eight - year - old Popoola said all the stowaways got on the vessels on their own , adding that they only met after they were arrested.

The Ondo State indigene said they all thought the vessels were Europe- bound.

He said he was ready to take any risk to leave the country .

“ I will take any risk to find my way out of Nigeria . I have no job . I believe that if I can follow a ship to Europe , I can be anything I want to be. I thought the ship was going to Holland or any other part of Europe , ” he added .

Wessey , 24, who claimed to be a Lagos State indigene , said he wanted to leave the country to play for a football club in Europe .

He said , “I have been suffering for many years to be somebody in life , but no way. I am a footballer ; but I don’ t have any connection .

I want to play for big clubs in Europe. I felt if taking this risk would make me achieve my dream , then so be it . I know I could have died while doing this . I did it on purpose .

“ I lost my mother in October 2017 . I have no relative or helper . I would rather take the risk of going abroad through this means than rob or steal . ”

An artiste , Odogun , said he had been performing at different shows without making headway in life , adding that he thought the risk would change his life for the better .

“ I do not hate my country and I am not trying to run away . I just needed a place where I can find help.

My mother died last two months and my father is crippled . I am the first child of my father and my only brother is in the village , ” he added .

Ukpere , 24, said he had been frustrated by joblessness , adding that his attempts at joining the NIS were futile due to lack of funds .

He said , “ The life I am living in Nigeria is meaningless . I have looked for jobs in many companies in Lagos without getting any .

When I got the recruitment form to join Immigration, I could not process it because I didn ’ t have money and my parents are dead . I know that if I go abroad, I will find a better life for myself than the one I am living here. ”

Anyalechi advised youths to stay in the country , saying there were many opportunities they could explore to become responsible members of society .

http://punchng.com/i-will-take-any-risk-to-leave-nigeria-stowaway/
Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Jabioro: 7:22am On Mar 15, 2018
At times a hell like Nigeria may be better ask those who had step on Libya land and be fortunate enough to back here alive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by jerryunit48: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2018
Jabioro:
At times a hell like Nigeria may be better ask those who had step on Libya land and be fortunate enough to back here alive
I heard someone that returned from Libya has gone back because he says it is better for him over there...irony of life

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Jabioro: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2018
jerryunit48:
I heard someone that returned from Libya has gone back because he says it is better for him over there...irony of life
Well l wish him the best

4 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Sirmuel1(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2018
jerryunit48:
I heard someone that returned from Libya has gone back because he says it is better for him over there ...irony of life

Before nko? Nigeria be like country to you? cheesy

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Donpresh95(m): 8:38am On Mar 15, 2018
In 1967 Igbo people saw tomorrow and decided to leave, but u people backstabbed us. In 2013 IPOB started with the same aim and you guys are cursing them.

DON'T WORRY YORUBA, WHEN WE FINALLY LEAVE, WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE HOW BETTER YOU GUYS ARE COMPARED TO US IN YOUR HOPELESS COUNTRY AS YOU CLAIM.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by SouthSouth1914: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2018
Youths should take the risk to come together and take what rightfully belong to them!! Enough is enough.. Each one, tell one!!

9 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2018
And what surprises me is that people are looking for a way to get to Nigeria while others are thinking of how to leave.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Apina(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2018
Getting to Europe through such means is a 80/20 chance, dead/alive. Instead of having hundreds of our youths die in the desert or mediterranean, for those able to make it that far, why not start a revolution instead of going that far to die? either way, the end is almost certainly sure. Until we choose to be pragmatic rather than giving in to petty sentiments which involves listening to those asking us to leave while we can, nothings gonna change cos even of u make it to the other side, it will never be like home. undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Foolish44: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2018
Donpresh95:
In 1967 Igbo people saw tomorrow and decided to leave, but u people backstabbed us. In 2013 IPOB started with the same aim and you guys are cursing them.

DON'T WORRY YORUBA, WHEN WE FINALLY LEAVE, WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE HOW BETTER YOU GUYS ARE COMPARED TO US IN YOUR HOPELESS COUNTRY AS YOU CLAIM.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by jerryunit48: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2018
So pathetic
Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Betty6blaze(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2018
IF YOU NEED MY NAIRALAND ACCOUNT TAKE IT

IS YOURS

USERNAME:- Betty6blaze

PASSWORD:- wapwap

done thanks jare

4 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 15, 2018
Donpresh95:

Truth be told, you did not see jack!

You wanted to run away with our commonwealth in 1967! Your leader saw warfire- he abandoned your fathers at the warfront and bolted away like a coward he was!

In 2015, you lost an election which you senselessly packed all your eggs in a basket, here you are whining again!!

Another coward was born by name Lamidi Cownu abandoned the struggle and escape to Ghana eating pizza with your contribution.

What a shame?

21 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Realdeals(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2018
embarassed Genuine reasons, only the strong hearted can survive in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Xavier9ja(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Who dem wan leave the country for. We must endure the sh!t hole together. Nice one NIS

2 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Bakrabas: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Pls friends, which network is the best for International calls
Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by deolu2000(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2018
Sirmuel1:

Before nko? Nigeria be like country to you? cheesy
But you are still here, it shows there is hope don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by lanre316: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2018
Donpresh95:

YORUBAS ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY!

13 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by talk2percy(m): 11:02am On Mar 15, 2018
Anywhere is better than Nigeria, even Hell!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by marvin906(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2018
and you believe where your going is better..
no wahala safe journey

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by talk2percy(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2018
deolu2000:

But you are still here, it shows there is hope don't you think so?
there's no hope for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by thunderbabs: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
Nigeria, a wicked land. Dreamkilling country.

Buhari be up dere wanting to do another term despite his failures.... All they care about is themselves.

10 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by thunderbabs: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
marvin906:
and you believe where your going is better..
no wahala safe journey

Yes, ghana sef better

2 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by flyca: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2018
These one are doing what they think is best.
They have seen that Nigeria can offer them nothing and are taking their future by their own hands.

Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by NaijaLoaded24: 11:13am On Mar 15, 2018
Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Yusufabogun001(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2018
If to say Na just meee I will be living like I don't care live my life say nobody they there.
Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by Outofsync(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by gmoney12: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2018
how did we get to have these sets of leaders.?
these our leaders sef....instead of working to change things to be more good than it was b4 they are helping make it worse but for some tho...

1 Like

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by humilitypays(m): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Nigeria is really in a sorry state cry

Just take a look at what able bodied youths are doing to survive because they have lost all hope in their fatherland called Nigeria.

It is really a shame on the part of all Nigerian politicians and leaders; from President to Governors to LGA chairpersons to community leaders and industry managers. We all have failed humanity cry cry

Seriously, if breaking up Nigeria will make it work, why not we peacefully try it or why not try the regional system of government again through restructuring and see if it will help Nigeria get out of the current mess its in right now

Let's not deceive ourselves, Nigeria is not working...you have a good job, you have a thriving business, you are born into a rich family and you are living comfortable in Nigeria does not mean Nigeria is working because millions of other Nigerians are going through hell on daily basis cry cry

An average man from successful country will be more respected than a rich man from a failed country like Nigeria, so our individual wealth is useless so long as the Nigerian nation is a failed nation it is now angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria – Stowaway (photo) by highchief1: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Jabioro:
Well l wish him the best
nigeria under Apc is not better than anywhere in the world I have traveled

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush / ISWAP Kills Eight People In Maiduguri, Including 3 Soldiers / 26-Year-Old Man Kills His Father For Giving Him Chicken Head To Eat In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.