Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush (27429 Views)

Insecurity: Families Give Their Daughters To Bandits As Brides For Protection / 55-Year-Old Cattle Rustler Who Sells Hard Drugs To Bandits In Zamfara Speaks / I Cover AK-47 Riffles With Baby Clothes, Distribute Them To Bandits - Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by 22o62021: 8:42am On Mar 27
Background of the story.

My cousin served oga for 10years in Kano state, initial agreement was 7 years but his master asked him for more time
After adding extra 3 years, this man asked him to go home that he will be coming back to settle him.
After waiting for him for months, this man refused to come home for settle.
My cousin after roaming around the village for one year.
A boy he knew in the village back in the days came home, saw him and promised to help him .

He took him to Niger state, opened a shop for him, stocked it with goods.
Told him when to pay him back, that was how this guy escaped from the hardship in the village.

Real story

Many years down the line, my cousin is now married with 3 kids but the other guy wasn't married at the time that this happened.

This guy that helped him, 2 weeks to his marriage,he was kidnapped and his kidnappers asked for 15 million naira.
After much negotiations with the kidnappers, they settled for 9 million naira.

The setback
The kidnapped man has the money, he agreed to pay but who is going to take the money to the kidnappers inside the bush.

After much deliberations, one of his boys and my cousin agreed to take the random to them.

The kidnappers are bandits, young Fulani boys, they asked them not to involve any security agents, and they gave them time that they will bring the money.

My cousin and the other boy arranged 9 million naira in cash and was waiting for instructions from the bandits.
12 am on the dot, his phone rang and it was the kidnappers, they told him where to bring the money. He and the other guy set out for the movement.
My cousins wife gave birth 3 days before the journey, he didn't even fear because he understands hausa language well and a little Fulani language.
They got to the junction and trekked for more than one hour inside the bush looking for where the kidnappers are.
After going around the bush for more than an hour, they finally met the young bandits.

They asked them to sit down, he said they pointed guns round his head.
A gun pointing to the back of his head, the other near his ear ,and another facing him with a gun.

The bandits started counting the money for over 2 hours until they confirmed it was truly 9 million naira in cash. They were not the only one there that came to pay Ransom. Another man came to pay 3 million naira to them too.

They money completed 12 million naira and they asked all of them to go that those kidnapped people will come home later.

They left and he got home around 5 am. Later in the day, The man was released and he got back home.

They now prepared and came back to the village for his traditional marriage.

He took a huge risk for a man that made him.
Gratitude shown.

Bandits are doing real business up north

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 9:30am On Mar 27
Whaaat, confidently counting kidnap-money for over 2 hours.
Security men here should take note. They are right in the forest abi na bushes of Niger state carefully counting ransom money every middle of the night.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Pinicop(m): 10:01am On Mar 27
Hmm
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Pinicop(m): 10:03am On Mar 27
kushme:
[b]Security men here should take note. [/b]They are right in the forest abi na bushes of Niger state carefully counting ransom money every middle of the night.

Who told you the security agencies doesn't know where the kidnappers are?

226 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 10:35am On Mar 27
Pinicop:

Who told you the security agencies doesn't know where the kidnappers are?

Well, I am not sure, cos no one told me, but what I now know from the cousin's experience is that, the heartless bloodthirsty greedy bandits confidently count millions of ransom money in the middle of the night in Niger State without any disturbance. Millions ohh, they may even miss count and start again...

Now, if you believe security agencies know the locations of these bastard bandits in these places, then, why are they not doing that much to reduce it?

Are they scared of the ill trained dirty bandits or most of them are benefitting from it, or something else the people don't know?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:44am On Mar 27
Imagined if it was his former oga that was kidnapped angry

People are just wicked for no just reason

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:50am On Mar 27
Are you not a Nigerian?
This people are highly connected to the top and that earns them a huge amount of immunity if you understand what I mean.

kushme:

Well, I am not sure, cos no one told me, but what I now know from the cousin's experience is that, the heartless bloodthirsty greedy bandits confidently count millions of ransom money in the middle of the night in Niger State without any disturbance. Millions ohh, they may even miss count and start again...

Now, if you believe security agencies know the locations of these bastard bandits in these places, then, why are they not doing that much to reduce it?

Are they scared of the ill trained dirty bandits or most of them are benefitting from it, or something else the people don't know?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by 22o62021: 10:52am On Mar 27
kushme:
Security men here should take note. They are right in the forest abi na bushes of Niger state carefully counting ransom money every middle of the night.

Security agents know

18 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by kushme: 11:09am On Mar 27
22o62021:

Security agents know

Then, it is going to get worse. With the current stagflation (slow economic growth, high unemployment and rise in prices) in Nigeria, many unemployed youths, young adults, even mid-adults would be considering a short-term or one time kidnapping deal(s) after watching the social media display of the bandit showing a lot of paper money. angry

We have been seeing stories here, of people staging their own kidnapping, already.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by NPFLADMIN(m): 12:25pm On Mar 27
He's lucky he came back with his head intact.
That's all I'm gonna say.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by tefishy(m): 2:08pm On Mar 27
The more they keep getting ransom payments, the more fortified they become.

Its a pity civilians have become endangered species in this nation.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by tutudesz: 2:10pm On Mar 27
undecided
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by meum: 2:11pm On Mar 27
We never ready to stop kidnapping. When we are ready we know how to go about it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Anijay1212(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27
angry angry angry
This country is gone.
With the amount of money this terrorist are making, there will be an influx of their kinsmen from other countries and i bet anyone if care is not taken a large part of this country will be over run.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by jayworld15(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27
Banditry is like a big booming business in the north now where everyone seems to be benefitting from. They're now emboldened, and hence, their nefarious acts. I pray this country gets it right someday and solve all her problems including abduction and corruption. Nigeria is now the laughing stock of the world especially among Africans.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Hollyharjii: 2:12pm On Mar 27
That was a calculated risk from your cousin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by nitt: 2:14pm On Mar 27
Kidnapping won't end till Nigerians demand it to end.

There is bast*rd money in the insecurity industry.

11 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by lascos912(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27
do good so that it will pay you tomorrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by EmiloCorn: 2:15pm On Mar 27
Its okay to excgange money and people with bandits
its the usual trade by barter.

After all they are just business men undecided
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27
nitt:
Kidnapping won't end till Nigerians demand it to end.

There is bast*rd money in the insecurity industry.

It's now a multibillion Naira industry.

You notice how the latest ransom are having their figures in Billions.

9 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by onadana: 2:16pm On Mar 27
kushme:

Why will they go after them, when their share is sure.Several years ago an elderly nurse coming with some of their colleagues from school in Niger republic were Kidnapped in Kaduna.They didn't really hassle her because they felt she was elderly and was allowed to move about and even converse with them.She said early one morning she saw them loading Ghana must go of cash in the boot of a golf cart and she asked one of the bandits what the money was meant for she said to her chagrin that all the money was to be used for settlement of security agencies.But I don't think it's all the agencies that are privy to this.A small fraction of bad eggs amongst the good lots.

15 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by pol23: 2:18pm On Mar 27
Nigeria is not a serious country…
Imagine with all the technology now a days…
Even me can see a loophole to deal with those devil easily from the story you shared…
But nothing tangible has been done towards this new business

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Kam2021: 2:18pm On Mar 27
So they can't trace that call and the kidnappers with NIN but be frustrating ordinary Citizens because of NIN .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by onadana: 2:18pm On Mar 27
One good turn deserves another.The guy touched your cousin's life even to the risk of his life.Taking money to bandits in itself is a hazard you're either kidnapped too or you lost your life.They are confident counting money because they must settle.

11 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by UnabashedIPOB: 2:19pm On Mar 27
22o62021:

He took a huge risk for a man that made him.
Gratitude shown.

Bandits are doing real business up north

I am perplexed that you guys keep downplaying the danger that these guys pose by referring to them as bandits instead of calling them by their real name, Fulani Terrorists!

27 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Talkisneeded: 2:21pm On Mar 27
Hmmm, it is well
Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Judolisco(m): 2:21pm On Mar 27
Na d new business for north bdis.... If northern elite like they should not start caring for out of sch children and advocating for reduction in population...e go touch everybody soon

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by nitt: 2:22pm On Mar 27
NPFLADMIN:

It's now a multibillion Naira industry.

You notice how the latest ransom are having their figures in Billions.

Exactly.

It'll take massive cleansing of all stakeholders involved for this country to overcome this.

And this is near impossible with the current system of government we have.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Winning123: 2:23pm On Mar 27
Security agencies are accomplices in all of these kidnappings.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by Dexy4yah(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27
Our dear country is gradually going down the drain.
That's why i relocated from the north.... north isn't safe now...the rate of kidnapping now is alarming

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Took Money To Bandits In The Bush by greenermodels: 2:26pm On Mar 27
I relocated from Niger state to the east and stopped all travels to there for my own safety, unfortunately,I abandoned my life plans in the process. Niger state use to be very peaceful and affordable.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Member Crushes Another To Death In Church Premises In Kano / Police Charge Man To Court For Allegedly Slapping An Officer Twice (Photos) / Police Uncover Ritual Shrine In Osun State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.