Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election (14668 Views)

Sowore’s Campaign Signals The End Of Godfatherism In Nigerian Politics / Sowore Campaign Page And Popularity Are Growing Really Fast / Massive Crowd Turnout As Omoyele Sowore Campaign At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by Laralag: 10:12am On Mar 15, 2018
Nigeria it deserves its leader. Here is a man who is not a politician or like anything we have had before. Yet we scuff at him
Our suffer never reach, and the politicians know that.
Has for me and my family anything different is welcome and I will campaign for him for free

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by holuphisayor(m): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2018
Being Nigeria 's president isn't enough to change this country.

2 Likes

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by agarawu23(m): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2018
I don't trust this dude, he can't do better.

even if you are a saint, how do u deal with the corrupt cabal u will meet there?
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by Opinionated: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2018
Gofundme is protecting its integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by blazer2018: 10:14am On Mar 15, 2018
Hmm
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by gamaliel9: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2018
How many likes for Donald Duke?

How many shares for Sowore?

Oya..lets go

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by geozone: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2018
id rather take my chances with Sowore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by motherfucker: 10:46am On Mar 15, 2018
Kundagarten:
They've only succeeded in giving him more publicity. Many people didn't know of this, now his gofundme account is going to soar.
Buhari must leave next year.
dude, I can't believe you didn't know this is a scam. Imagine giving this guy $2M and then he tells you that he is stepping down...

1 Like

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by Kundagarten: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2018
motherfucker:
dude, I can't believe you didn't know this is a scam. Imagine giving this guy $2M and then he tells you that he is stepping down...

You're wrong, Sowore is as fed up with Buhari like Obasanjo, Oby Ezekwesili etc are.
If you want Buhari back to Daura, you have to take some risks rather than doing nothing but expecting Buhari to just walk away from the presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by jerikoyan(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2018
Spot on about using Blockchain Technology
Jethrolite:
It is just a minor hitch. He should create a proper website containing his manifesto and how he intends to actualize it if voted by breaking the manifesto into SMART goals and milestones them cap it up with PayPal, bitcoin, ethereum and other further funding means. Gofundme is just one avenue, if he had it listed with the other options I stated then it will be an inconsequential setback.
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by ediko5(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2018
diasporaman:
It serves him right. Sowore has brought shame to journalism with his love for money. He is under a curse, nothing will ever work for him unless he appologizes to Apostle Johnson Suleman

so if he apologizes to your papa in the Lord, Your deputy God Suleiman will grant him access to deceive and dupe gullible Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by dowjones(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Laralag:
Nigeria it deserves its leader. Here is a man who is not a politician or like anything we have had before. Yet we scuff at him
Our suffer never reach, and the politicians know that.
Has for me and my family anything different is welcome and I will campaign for him for free

The scary thing is it's actaully "young" people fighting on nairaland for pdp and apc. Poverty is a curse.

Anyone who's fighting sowore has either being paid 3,000 naira by a party or is affiliated to a church exposed by sowore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by Firstpage: 11:37am On Mar 15, 2018
denkyw:
Shebi today he wants to raise 2billion dollars. When Gej was raising his during the last presidential elections his media were talking trash up and down. Ntoor tongue

where did you see 2b dollar?
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by motherfucker: 11:41am On Mar 15, 2018
Kundagarten:

You're wrong, Sowore is as fed up with Buhari like Obasanjo, Oby Ezekwesili etc are.
If you want Buhari back to Daura, you have to take some risks rather than doing nothing but expecting Buhari to just walk away from the presidency.
Bros, I know he is fed up but you and I know he can't win. Why don't he team up with Donald Duke, using is social media clout to boost Duke's image? Same thing I will tell Fela Durotoye...

I respect his works so far and if not for his commitment, we would never had unraveled many of the evils done by politicians but election is not won online because of the illiteracy of our people. Election is won on the streets, those illiterate holds the power.

This is where I am not even happy with Duke because he is taking the whole thing too relaxed. Me think his appearance is only meant for 2023 sha..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by divineappo(m): 11:46am On Mar 15, 2018
chuksjuve:
Political yahoo yahoo
You can't eat your cake and have it..
Gofundme knows that dude is not near a presidential candidate material..
He's a disgrace to journalism..
and u thought u made any sense with this... smh
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
All I know is this guy will be far better than buhari so peeps lets support him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by KingSango(m): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
diasporaman:
The 2019 ambition of Omoyele Sowore suffered setback on Wednesday after GoFundMe suspended his bid to raise $2 million towards his ‘Take Back Nigeria Movement’.

The Sahara Reporters publisher told PREMIUM TIMES Wednesday night that he could not immediately say why the crowdfunding platform suspended his account, but said he would not be discouraged.

“I woke up this morning and got an e-mail saying saying they’ve suspended the campaign,” Mr. Sowore said.

Previously, he had been asked to provide further details about the purpose of the fundraiser by GoFundMe, which he did without hesitation.

He said the request was most likely due to the popularity that his campaign had garnered from those supporting his presidential ambition online.

But the campaign also elicited resentment amongst his antagonists, especially for its apparent success within the early hours of registration.

“I think they started reporting us as soon as we opened it and they saw we made $1,000 in one hour,” Mr. Sowore said.

The closure could prove demoralising for the anti-corruption campaigner, coming just as his campaign was getting off to a great start.

Mr. Sowore, who lives in New York from where he runs Sahara Reporters, first unveiled his presidential ambition during one of his regular visits to Nigeria last month.

Mr. Sowore’s bid gained widespread momentum after PREMIUM TIMES published an interview he granted it.

He lampooned President Muhammadu Buhari as a misfit in the interview, promising to offer an unprecedented leadership for a people he said had never been lucky with leaders since its independence in 1960.

“If there is anything we have learned in the last few years, it is the fact that the Nigerian electorate has become impatient with purposeless leadership,” Mr. Sowore said.

To actualise his ambition, he vowed to pursue a relentless mobilisation of Nigerians to rally behind his message for a new Nigeria.

“It will be the largest mobilisation of Nigeria’s ignored and dispossessed people,” Mr. Sowore said. “It will be the most direct engagement of a people in their own political future.”

Crowdfunding via channels like GoFundMe is one of the earliest but critical stages of Mr. Sowore’s campaign, although the activist said he had not identified a political platform under which he would run.

The Nigerian Constitution has no provisions for independent candidacy, although efforts to change this are currently part of the ongoing process to amend the Constitution.

GoFundMe did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES e-mail seeking comments about the development Wednesday night.

But notwithstanding the reservations of GoFundMe against Mr. Sowore or the outcome of the dispute, the Sahara Reporters publisher strongly believes in his ability to see his ambition through.

“There is no going back!” He said in a Facebook update informing his followers of the development shortly after 11:00 a.m. Wednesday.

https://diasporareporters.com/2019-gofundme-suspends-omoyele-sowores-campaign-raise-2million/

He is going take back Nigeria living in New York? grin

I do not know full story because I stopped reading after that. grin

1 Like

Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by SirBunky85(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
diasporaman:
The 2019 ambition of Omoyele Sowore suffered setback on Wednesday after GoFundMe suspended his bid to raise $2 million towards his ‘Take Back Nigeria Movement’.

The Sahara Reporters publisher told PREMIUM TIMES Wednesday night that he could not immediately say why the crowdfunding platform suspended his account, but said he would not be discouraged.

“I woke up this morning and got an e-mail saying saying they’ve suspended the campaign,” Mr. Sowore said.

Previously, he had been asked to provide further details about the purpose of the fundraiser by GoFundMe, which he did without hesitation.

He said the request was most likely due to the popularity that his campaign had garnered from those supporting his presidential ambition online.

But the campaign also elicited resentment amongst his antagonists, especially for its apparent success within the early hours of registration.

“I think they started reporting us as soon as we opened it and they saw we made $1,000 in one hour,” Mr. Sowore said.

The closure could prove demoralising for the anti-corruption campaigner, coming just as his campaign was getting off to a great start.

Mr. Sowore, who lives in New York from where he runs Sahara Reporters, first unveiled his presidential ambition during one of his regular visits to Nigeria last month.

Mr. Sowore’s bid gained widespread momentum after PREMIUM TIMES published an interview he granted it.

He lampooned President Muhammadu Buhari as a misfit in the interview, promising to offer an unprecedented leadership for a people he said had never been lucky with leaders since its independence in 1960.

“If there is anything we have learned in the last few years, it is the fact that the Nigerian electorate has become impatient with purposeless leadership,” Mr. Sowore said.

To actualise his ambition, he vowed to pursue a relentless mobilisation of Nigerians to rally behind his message for a new Nigeria.

“It will be the largest mobilisation of Nigeria’s ignored and dispossessed people,” Mr. Sowore said. “It will be the most direct engagement of a people in their own political future.”

Crowdfunding via channels like GoFundMe is one of the earliest but critical stages of Mr. Sowore’s campaign, although the activist said he had not identified a political platform under which he would run.

The Nigerian Constitution has no provisions for independent candidacy, although efforts to change this are currently part of the ongoing process to amend the Constitution.

GoFundMe did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES e-mail seeking comments about the development Wednesday night.

But notwithstanding the reservations of GoFundMe against Mr. Sowore or the outcome of the dispute, the Sahara Reporters publisher strongly believes in his ability to see his ambition through.

“There is no going back!” He said in a Facebook update informing his followers of the development shortly after 11:00 a.m. Wednesday.

https://diasporareporters.com/2019-gofundme-suspends-omoyele-sowores-campaign-raise-2million/
it will be easier for ffk to win a local govt chairmanship election dan for sowore to win a councillorship election in his ward. seems his journalism popularity has entered his head to think dat he is now popular to vie for d presidency
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
Kundagarten:
They've only succeeded in giving him more publicity. Many people didn't know of this, now his gofundme account is going to soar.
Buhari must leave next year.

The account has been suspended.
Re: Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election by 989900: 2:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
PMB Vs Sowore:

While Sowore was busy getting beat and locked by IBB and Abacha for democracy, GMB was wining and dining with Abacha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Need To Calm Down - Femi Adesina / PDP Governors May Prevail On Ayu To Resign / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Sues Bianca & Other Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.