Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. (2488 Views)

Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? / Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? / Between Wande Cole And 9ice Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 12:08pm On May 01, 2010
[center][size=16pt]Drake Announces Possible Collabo with J.Cole and Lupe Fiasco[/size].[/center]

Drake premiered his follow-up to "Over" early Thursday morning (April 29), the Kanye West-produced "Find Your Love." He recently shot a video for the track in Jamaica, and images from the set have leaked online. Two other Thank Me Later tracks, "Fireworks" and "Shut It Down" (featuring The-Dream), have sprung up online.

Drake also revealed during the call that he might have a bonus track on his debut album featuring Lupe Fiasco and upstart MC J. Cole. "I think that would be a special moment for hip-hop fans," he said, before adding a joke. "For people that are disappointed when I drop songs like 'Find Your Love,' I think they would appreciate that. Hopefully they're both willing."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1638143/20100429/drake.jhtml
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 12:12pm On May 01, 2010
Hehehe . . . finally, he grew the balls.

I don't know why rappers will never learn, how will you put hungry guys like J.Cole on your song??
Na wa ooh . . . it's not even a mixtape or sumn, an album.
Someone should help Drake reject the spirit of Renegade by fire by force. grin grin
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by B00gie: 7:27pm On May 01, 2010
My people perish for lack of knowledge (abi na wisdom). Somebody wants to die and i hope it's not Mr Telling every girl she's the one for him. LWKMD @ ''the spirit of renegade''
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by kay29000(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2010
@elde, where are u from? How can u say j.cole is a hungry rapper, i think, i don't even know what i think, but i think u need to take that back. J.cole is with roc nation (jay's label), and he is about to drop his album, drake and j.cole are the future and it is cool that drake did a song with cole and lupe
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by B00gie: 10:40pm On May 01, 2010
I just don't want to believe that somebody will not understand what was meant by ''hungry'' guy in that post,even with all the pointers. Na waa ooo.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2010
B00gie:

My people perish for lack of knowledge (abi na wisdom). Somebody wants to die and i hope it's not Mr Telling every girl she's the one for him. LWKMD @ ''the spirit of renegade''

I just don't understand it maynne . . . you see person wey make Jay-Z look like Soulja Boy, come make Wale look like Britney Spears and you go dey call am to do collabo for your album.
Even Jay-Z still dey suffer Renegade syndrome till today, na im Drake wan go do im own. grin grin

kay29000:

@elde, where are u from? How can u say j.cole is a hungry rapper, i think, i don't even know what i think, but i think u need to take that back. J.cole is with roc nation (jay's label), and he is about to drop his album, drake and j.cole are the future and it is cool that drake did a song with cole and lupe
Come on man . . . we're way past this.
Well B00gie gave you your answer.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 01, 2010
Theres one funny thing about Drake in all his videos, the way he sways from side to side makes him look so retard.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by kay29000(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2010
@eldee, my bad, my mind wasn't on that. Thanks for handling it maturely.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by A40(m): 11:38pm On May 01, 2010
Hehehe we might as well order two body bags and toe tags and call a coroner cos its unlikely Drake and Lupe would leave their studios alive. Seriously i dunno how they would cope
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by hax: 2:07am On May 02, 2010
eldee:

I don't know why rappers will never learn, how will you put hungry guys like J.Cole on your song??
Na wa ooh . . . it's not even a mixtape or sumn, an album.
Someone should help Drake reject the spirit of Renegade by fire by force. grin grin
this kind of thinking pisses me off. why doesn't everyone just feature souljah boy and destroy him on their tracks? mchew.

everybody wants to make good music. featuring wack rappers brings the quality of your music down, and featuring good ones increases the quality. just what I feel though.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 2:15am On May 02, 2010
hax:

this kind of thinking pisses me off. why doesn't everyone just feature souljah boy and destroy him on their tracks? mchew.

everybody wants to make good music. featuring wack rappers brings the quality of your music down, and featuring good ones increases the quality. just what I feel though.

There are good rappers and then there are those that are out to steal your shine.
J. Cole is of em. . .

If you want a good rapper, get The Game or sumn, not this hungry upstart whose main objective in life is to outshine your arse like Eminem did back in the days. cheesy cheesy
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by bgees(m): 4:46am On May 02, 2010
looks like J.Cole will murder somebody on their own sht just like he did with Wale.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by chiogo(f): 6:30am On May 02, 2010
hax:

Exactly my sentiments. 

I'm sure many rappers would rather get murked(if that's the way you see it, eldee) than make music with a wacko that nobody wants to listen to. It's a win-win.
Only extreme critics would notice all that anyway, most people would consider you a great artiste so long as your music makes moves regardless of whether the featured artiste "performed better". Unless it's a battle, nobody's getting killed in my opinion. I still don't see the noise about that renegade of a song but then that's just me.  undecided

Back to topic, looking forward to the "possible collabo".
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by bgees(m): 6:40am On May 02, 2010
hax:

the fact here is that , J.Cole will certainly bring the best out of Drake. But , Drake's best can never be good enough to compete.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 10:17am On May 02, 2010
@Chiogo

You guys don't get this.
This is someone that's already being compared to Drake . . . so acting like it's not a battle is some B.I.G Juicy ish.
If you're going to get trashed on a track, let it be by someone that's without doubt better than you, or has been there for some time, not someone you started with.

No one gave a toss when Jay-Z trashed Kanye on Diamonds Are Forever remix, but when J. Cole killed Jay-Z on[i] A Star is Born[/i], it became a national issue.

If you want to trash someone on your song, instead of featuring Soulja boy why don't you just switch up your game.
Rick Ross did just that with Nas on Usual Suspects

chiogo:

I'm sure many rappers would rather get murked(if that's the way you see it, eldee) than make music with a wacko that nobody wants to listen to. It's a win-win.
Only extreme critics would notice all that anyway, most people would consider you a great artiste so long as your music makes moves regardless of whether the featured artiste "performed better".

One word . . . RENEGADE grin grin grin
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by Ibime(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2010
babaearly:

Theres one funny thing about Drake in all his videos, the way he sways from side to side makes him look so retard.

Dont mind the punk. . . .nugga looks like he got 2 left feet, thats why he makes dem dumb movements in his videos.

@ Topic,

Very dissapointed with Drake's new single "Over".

J. Cole will take it there with Drake.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by chiogo(f): 5:17pm On May 02, 2010
eldee:

No one gave a toss when Jay-Z trashed Kanye on Diamonds Are Forever remix, but when J. Cole killed Jay-Z on[i] A Star is Born[/i], it became a national issue.
J. Cole killed Jay-Z on "A Star is Born"?? Wow! Really??
I thought he was good but damn, y'all are forcing it. National issue? I must be in Djibouti. When did all this happen? tongue
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by kay29000(m): 7:41pm On May 02, 2010
J.cole didn't kill jay on "a star is born"; he held his own with a great, no doubt, but he sure didn't kill jay. He switched up the flow, maybe that is a criteria in your book for measuring whether someone kills another person on a song or not.

Come on, i am not even a jay fan, but i just have to voice out.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2010
chiogo:

J. Cole killed Jay-Z on "A Star is Born"?? Wow! Really??
I thought he was good but damn, y'all are forcing it. National issue? I must be in Djibouti. When did all this happen? tongue

You're a groupie that doesn't get metaphorical phrases . . . this is way beyond you. tongue tongue

kay29000:

J.cole didn't kill jay on "a star is born"; he held his own with a great, no doubt, but he sure didn't kill jay. He switched up the flow, maybe that is a criteria in your book for measuring whether someone kills another person on a song or not.

Come on, i am not even a jay fan, but i just have to voice out.

Erm . . . maybe he didn't kill him, he only had the best line on the whole album. . . come on.
If you listened hard enough you'll know that what Jay-Z did on that track was just name-dropping.

I'm a Jay fan, but I know when he's been made to look ordinary on a track . . . just like I know when he's trashing Kanye on Diamonds Are Forever.
Forget the pace, Jay-Z came harder than Lil Wayne on Mr Carter.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by chiogo(f): 10:40pm On May 02, 2010
eldee:

You're a groupie that doesn't get metaphorical phrases . . . this is way beyond you. tongue tongue
I agree. I don't get meaningless 'metaphorical phrases'. . sue me. Tsk.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 10:46pm On May 02, 2010
chiogo:

I agree. I don't get meaningless 'metaphorical phrases'. . sue me. Tsk.

You see, if you could understand that saying 'national issues' in this case scenario meant popularly discussed occurrence in the said circles, then you'll be too smart to be a Chiogo. tongue tongue
Watch the people you hang out with, bad company corrupts good manners. cheesy cheesy
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by chiogo(f): 10:58pm On May 02, 2010
I'm already way ahead of myself, eldee. Sarcasm is lost on special people like you if you think you're schooling me on your oh so complicated "national issue" reference. Point is it wasn't "popularly discussed" anywhere, except maybe in your living room. SMH.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2010
chiogo:

I'm already way ahead of myself, eldee. Sarcasm is lost on special people like you if you think you're schooling me on your oh so complicated "national issue" reference. Point is it wasn't "popularly discussed" anywhere, except maybe in your living room. SMH.

It's not sarcasm when it's stupid. . .

Hence the use of the word 'groupie' sis . . . it shouldn't be too hard for you.
It's not being discussed?? Google is your friend, use it.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by revomind(m): 11:51pm On May 02, 2010
[/quote]If you want to trash someone on your song, instead of featuring Soulja boy why don't you just switch up your game.
Rick Ross did just that with Nas on Usual Suspects.[quote]

I don't get this. Are you saying Officer Ricky killed Nas on that track?
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 11:58pm On May 02, 2010
revomind:

I don't get this. Are you saying Officer Ricky killed Nas on that track?

That's just an opinion . . . not a lot of people agree with me on that.
But listen to the Usual Suspects song and tell me what you think.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by bgees(m): 12:46am On May 03, 2010
Rick Ross was just slightly better than Nas on Usual Suspect. wink
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by revomind(m): 1:12am On May 03, 2010
'' and still my talent is yet to be challenged ''

Nah,folks, I don't think so. Sure he did good but Nas still whooped him. Maybe this will help

[/tt][Rick Ross]
17, time to man up
Feed the fam boy, I put that on these canned goods
All I got was Diabetes and a damn ug
People talking down, calling me a damn scrub
Young niggas, all you want to do is roam free
On your own feet, got to cook your own beef
I'm too cool for lame dudes that ridicule
I laugh while I'm doing laps in the swimming pool
I don't owe you niggas nothing
Throw me two fingers when you see a nigga stuntin'
Black Philip Drummond, limousines are the Hummer
Penthouse suite, pretty beach, I call her Summer
Lot of homies passed, see them in the future
Running so fast, on the gas, never neutral
Got to keep a shooter while I'm riding in the 7
Higher than a kite by the time I get to heaven

nas
And still my talent is yet to be challenged
Had no jet with my own pilot, no blasting off
With Flex or DJ Khaled, my mom stressing college
But my crude sense of logic did allude to my empty wallet
Try spitting on a green tinted Accord
Which could mean a sentence up north where the homie was
But back then dough was like a LovePeddler that Goldie love, it didn't exist
And Officer Foley Cuffs was after my wrists
Was not Beverly Hills where we chilled
Imagine this, the Nazareth had to get from rags to rich
I used to stand on rooftops, with 2 glocks
Figuring, how do I turn my Timberlands to Crocs?
Now reptiles was left out, I'm 'bout a watch, what is you thinking?
Murk you, plus the muscle that u bringing is nothing to me
If you thugging or fake and shanked on Cuban, shout out my Ricans
Dealt with all of you gangstas, to the roughest Jamiacans and Haitians

Ricky in verse 3
If you follow physics nigga, money never flow
Meaning every day im living, try to stay afloat
Coming from a boss, I can predict a double cross
Handlers managing money they never come across
Aspen to Africa, magnamers numbers involved
AK47s singing winter, by summer you fall
I dealt with broads and those willing to sell they soul
Over cars and clothes, man I'm talking petty hos
As my fetti grow, Bleep a feet of SpaghettiOs
I'm club hopping in Cali, shout out to Ariel
Somebody dim the lights, triple black tux
Keyser Söze in the flesh, it's time to catch up
I run with niggas who destined to get a life sentence
Get they baby mama a Lexus for them nice visits
My nigga got a dub an love to do the push ups
I got a million cash, tryna get the kush up[tt]

Now, i really don't see how ricky outshone nas.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by bgees(m): 2:11am On May 03, 2010
If you follow physics nigga, money never flow
Meaning every day im living, try to stay afloat,

^This is one of the dopest lines I've heard.

But Nas also impressed me with these:

With Flex or DJ Khaled, my mom stressing college
But my crude sense of logic did allude to my empty wallet

I used to stand on rooftops, with 2 glocks
Figuring, how do I turn my Timberlands to Crocs?

I still think Rick Ross was just better.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by chiogo(f): 3:52am On May 03, 2010
eldee:

It's not sarcasm when it's silly. . .

Hence the use of the word 'groupie' sis . . . it shouldn't be too hard for you.
It's not being discussed?? Google is your friend, use it.
That groupie thing you mentioned = zero sense.
Anyway, eldee, online dictionary is your friend too, you might wanna look up the word, 'sarcasm'.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2010
@revomind
The lyrics are almost equal on paper, that's when the delivery comes in.
Rick Ross killed that part of it by a mile.

chiogo:

That groupie thing you mentioned = zero sense.
Anyway, eldee, online dictionary is your friend too, you might wanna look up the word, 'sarcasm'.

Groupie (n):
Synonyms - Chiogo, fanatic, teeny-bopper, buff.

A young woman, involved in obsessive adoration of entertainers such as musicians, actors, athletes, and even political figures. Behaviors are juvenile and influenced oftentimes by crush-like emotions or lustful sentiments, and often infringe the rights of the figure experiencing the attentions of a frenzied fanatic.

Also ignores simple facts like the minor flaws of their favourite celebrities.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by Genuflect(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2010
J. Cole go destroy Drake o!!! But im sef no go dull sha
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by Krayola(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2010
I just heard that "who dat" track by J Cole. I honestly didn't know people still rap like that. The beat is also out of this world. There is still hope. That track is fire!! Hopefully his whole album is that on point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAIJAWIDE ENTERTAINMENT PRESENT: The Best Of Reminisce & Olamide / Icey Eleyi - Come Up (official Video) / Download Lerome – Confuse Ft. Lyta MP3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.