Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,268 members, 7,867,708 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law (367 Views)

Mamman Daura: I Don't Dictate To The President / PDP Cannot Dictate To Us How To Conduct Elections, INEC Speaks On Amina Zakari / Ekiti 2018: President Buhari Won’t Manipulate APC Primaries – Gbenga Aluko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law by OrientDailyNews: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
By Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri

Son-in-law and Chief of Staff to the Imo state gov­ernor, Chief Uche Nwosu, has dismissed the insinuations that his father-in-law, Rochas Okorocha, will manipulate him or dictate his actions if he is elected as governor of the state in 2019.

This is just as Nwosu stated that Governor Okorocha was not imposing him on the All Progressives Congress (APC) and that the endorsements he was getting from the party, as its sole candidate, were never by inducement or coercion.

Nwosu’s governorship am­bition has been greeted with criticisms within and outside his party that his governorship ambition was seen as a third term agenda for his father-in-law, Okorocha.

But, reacting in an interview with one of the national dai­lies, Nwosu maintained that he would not be tele-guided by Governor Okorocha nor ma­nipulated by the governor for any reason, to do the biddings, describing the insinuation as another tool of blackmail em­ployed by mischievous politi­cians who he claimed had been dislodged in the state.

“I am telling you who the governor is, once Owelle Ro­chas Okorocha leaves the seat of power, the man I know very well will not even come close to this Government House; it is we that will be telling him please come and visit us. Ro­chas Okorocha has made a lot of people, senators, ministers and House members. How many times has he called to say I want to put this or that in the National Assembly or called any minister and say I want to get this from you? But that does not mean that, as an elder statesman, just like we have Achike Udenwa and Ikedi Ohakim, whenever we need advice, we should not go to them but the man I know very well, who I have worked with for over 20 years, is not a man who will leave a place and come back to that place and start saying this or that will happen”, he said.

The governor’s aide argued that his ambition was pro­pelled by the conviction that he has the capacity to sustain and drive the new Imo hall­marked by massive infrastruc­tural development, free educa­tion, wealth creation, security of lives and property and ac­countability as well as the sup­port of the people.

He maintained that “being the governor’s son-in-law is just an added advantage to my ambition,” stressing that he has garnered the leadership and administrative skills need­ed to govern a state like Imo.

“Of course being a son-in-law to the governor does not stop me from doing what I am supposed to do as a chief of staff and a staff of the state government.”

“Yes, I am a son-in-law to Owelle Rochas Okorocha and I am very much proud to be his son-in-law. Today in most of the countries of the world, let me just start with President Don­ald Trump, his son in-law is an adviser; he is a member of his cabinet, America never went up in flames, why should Trump appoint his son-in-law as a member of the kitchen cabinet of his government? President Bush senior was the President and after his tenure, his son be­came president and America never went haywire, even at that his son was also a gover­nor. What about the Bill Clinton family, while Clinton was pres­ident, the wife became a sena­tor, the wife became Secretary of State, the wife also came back to run for president, does that stop America from choos­ing the right person, does that bring food on the table of the poor masses? So being a son in-law does not stop Imo State from getting what they want to get, it does not stop the poor­est of the poor in the state from having food on their tables.

“What you should rather ask is: what do you have for the people of Imo? Forget about the issue of being a son-in-law, being a son-in-law to the governor is an added advan­tage because I have acquired knowledge, added advantage is not in the area that people say he wants to put his son-in-law”.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/imo-guber-okorocha-wont-manipulate/

lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law by Sapnaprem(f): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Like I care
OrientDailyNews:

lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Comedians
Re: Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law by overdrive(m): 11:20am On Mar 15, 2018
The difference is that those people you mentioned have something upstairs but you hmmmm I guess not!

Re: Imo Guber : Okorocha Won’t Manipulate, Dictate To My Govt – Son-in-law by DerideGull(m): 11:27am On Mar 15, 2018
You are simply idiotic if you remotely insinuate that the people of Imo State would allow anything Rochas Okorocha to see government house in Owerri, Imo State again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prevail On INEC To Give Us Pvcs, Hausa Community Begs APC / Okorocha Can’t Stop My Governorship Ambition – Imo Deputy Governor / BREAKING: Reps Reintroduce Election Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.