Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Travel Start Nigeria Scammers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Start Nigeria Scammers (1544 Views)

Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. / Airpeace Warned Against Scammers Collecting ₦363k For Free Flight From S.Africa / Travel Start Ng: WIN A Dream Trip To Zanzibar For 2 Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Start Nigeria Scammers by jenny2007(f): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
I had posted my experience with this company on the Travel Section and I don't know why it was moved to Travel Ads. Does Travel Start have agents in here! I'm trying to warn fellow travellers to avoid losing their hard earned money to this company. I have attached a link here below. Alternatively, check the screenshots pls and be careful to avoid losing your money.

https://www.nairaland.com/4399570/experience-travelstart-nigeria-dont-scammed

Re: Travel Start Nigeria Scammers by duroc(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
Why can't u book ticket by yourself since you know how to confirm from airways. Booking tickets is the most easiest thing I think even if I haven't been on a plane before. Just DIY (Do it yourself).
Re: Travel Start Nigeria Scammers by jenny2007(f): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
duroc:
Why can't u book ticket by yourself since you know how to confirm from airways. Booking tickets is the most easiest thing I think even if I haven't been on a plane before. Just DIY (Do it yourself).

Yes you can book your tickets online yourself, however your travel agent is supposed to be able to get you discounted fares for airline tickets, that's why they are called travel agents. They compare different fares on different airlines and give you the best price. However Travel Start lures you with a cheap ticket price but you end up paying twice more than even the airline will charge. You have to experience it first before you learn your lesson.
Re: Travel Start Nigeria Scammers by kagari: 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
jenny2007:

Yes you can book your tickets online yourself, however your travel agent is supposed to be able to get you discounted fares for airline tickets, that's why they are called travel agents. They compare different fares on different airlines and give you the best price. However Travel Start lures you with a cheap ticket price but you end up paying twice more than even the airline will charge. You have to experience it first before you learn your lesson.

Actually they sold to you a promo ticket, the cost might be right because you have to pay for upgrade from promotional ticket to a regular ticket. If you were actually sold a regular ticket you would have paid less than $100 as long as the class you booked is still available

Then secondly airlines don't do change date on a ticket issued by an agent in most cases
Re: Travel Start Nigeria Scammers by Electroweb(m): 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
I think its best to buy directly from the airline.

1 Like

Re: Travel Start Nigeria Scammers by essentialone(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
Avoid Travelstart scammers completely. the company is a total Fraudster

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Topic has need removed. / Which Country Can 1millionaire Take Me To? / 7 Mistakes To Avoid When Booking A Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.