Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA (1555 Views)

China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by UNRULY(m): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
Hello nairalnaders, please I'm proposing to travel to the USA.
I have a fiancee and we are making plans for her to come over probably next month. I'll have to go to the registry and get a date to legalize our union.The problem is that she wants us to go back together same time and has vowed never to leave if I'm not booked on the same flight, I'm not sure how possible that'll be, but I'm ready to give it a try.
So I came up with this plan, before she comes, an agency will help me put up for a visa, and make sure it falls in place within her visit here, so she can accompany me to the embassy for interview. I want all of these to fall in place (the registry & the visa interview) all in 11-14 days. Then I'm sure buying a plane ticket with the airline she's with shouldn't be so much a problem. That's the situation, please I need your advice please. I've heard people say they were defrauded by travel agencies, please scammers should keep off. your advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated
Note: she's 33 & I'm 28
Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by ikbnice(m): 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
I wish you the best of luck bro. Say hi to Donald Trump.

4 Likes

Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by eluquenson(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
@Op, have you been to US before? If yes, you are half way. But if you haven't been to the states, then you have a long way to go.

Probably divine intervention will be needed for both of you to secure the visa. US embassy ain't joking with us again.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by UNRULY(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
eluquenson:
@Op, have you been to US before? If yes, you are half way. But if you haven't been to the states, then you have a long way to go.

Probably divine intervention will be needed for both of you to secure the visa. US embassy ain't joking with us again.

Good luck
thanks bro. Never been to the US before. I told her we can't go back together and she's been crying on that.
Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by eluquenson(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
UNRULY:
thanks bro. Never been to the US before. I told her we can't go back together and she's been crying on that.
Visit this thread for more info.

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3
Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by Jchi9876: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2018
Desperate nigerian youth
Why can she not live in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by MyAmericandream(f): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
Jchi9876:
Desperate nigerian youth
Why can she not live in Nigeria?
I think its the fear of the guy not coming back to naija to marry her.
Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 18, 2018
To start with.....where is your wife from?
Re: Advice On My Plans To Relocate From Nigeria To The USA by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2018
eluquenson:

Good luck
That is the problem with the USA. Too many problems especially as regards family migration.
1. Tough visa interview which is 50/50
2. If you have not gone there before, the likelihood of obtaining the Visa is even harder this time around especially from Nigeria.
3. The partner can join later as the likelihood of both partners getting the visa is unlikely.
4. There are other easier countries that encourage family migration on student visa, etc but the USA is not one of them. Countries like Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Finland.

The easiest route IMHO is to go first and allow your spouse to join later.

(1) (Reply)

Hustle In Poland - Nairalanders In Poland Pls Advice / *Help Stop English Proficiency Exams For Africans From Commonwealth Countries* / The Black Man Hat That Goes Viral In Asia. [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.