Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers (16940 Views)

Col. Umar, Femi Falana Deny Involvements With National Consultative Forum / Ahmad Lawan Announces Principal Officers In Senate [See full list] / President Buhari Meets With National Peace Committee (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Ijaya123: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2018
Omeokachie:
They should insist on reordering elections, just maybe that would make him to sit up and work in the remaining months before the general elections.

He needs that office more than Nigerians need him.

What is wrong with the current order of the election?
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2018
Ijaya123:

What is wrong with the current order of the election?

Good question.

It encourages here mentality. Once the presidential election is done, people lose interest in every other election. This is one of the reasons we have highly incompetent persons as lawmakers because there is no interest from the people to participate at that level.

However, if major awareness is created starting with the legislative elections, you will find situations where even unknown parties could win one or two seats. This will never be the case should the presidential elections come first as the defeatist mode sets in and whichever party wins the presidential would have a field day.
We need diversity to check the executive arm and deepen the Democratic experience.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by OlujobaSamuel: 9:18am On Mar 16, 2018
id4sho:

what is this one saying, cheap drugs in your system abi
smiles, cuz i no do the screenshot abi, no be you post "what is otedola doing amongst principal officers"
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by OlujobaSamuel: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2018
Omeokachie:

Good question.

It encourages here mentality. Once the presidential election is done, people lose interest in every other election. This is one of the reasons we have highly incompetent persons as lawmakers because there is no interest from the people to participate at that level.

However, if major awareness is created starting with the legislative elections, you will find situations where even unknown parties could win one or two seats. This will never be the case should the presidential elections come first as the defeatist mode sets in and whichever party wins the presidential would have a field day.
We need diversity to check the executive arm and deepen the Democratic experience.
so you dont think the person in power can also use the fed might to the advantage of those legislative aspirants loyal to him so they can support his presidential bid or his annointed candidate?
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by id4sho(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

smiles, cuz i no do the screenshot abi, no be you post "what is otedola doing amongst principal officers"
hahaha, ugh u are trying to defame me. This is defamation of character. we would meet in Supreme Court of NL.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by OlujobaSamuel: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2018
id4sho:

hahaha, ugh u are trying to defame me. This is defamation of character. we would meet in Supreme Court of NL.
lol, make we settle out of court abeg, for my culture, dem go talk sey person no dey go court come back to be friends.
Good morning to you
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

so you dont think the person in power can also use the fed might to the advantage of those legislative aspirants loyal to him so they can support his presidential bid or his annointed candidate?

You are only sure of loyalty once you get the mandate. Have you heard of people collecting money and voting otherwise? The control will not be as strong because once they win their seats, you are then at their Mercy.

Ask Kwankwaso and what happened at the governors forum election.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by id4sho(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

lol, make we settle out of court abeg, for my culture, dem go talk sey person no dey go court come back to be friends.
Good morning to you
Bros, Hon gbajamila wan resemble otedola for that pics. after second look, i commot my comment shaparly b4 e warriors come for my head .Great day ahead to you.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by cyberguy72(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2018
eph12:

I am even wondering why all elections can't be held on same day
Buhari is scared
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by cyberguy72(m): 10:00am On Mar 16, 2018
saarumann:
Saraki is a tactical politician who knows where all the banana pills are laid. cheesy
Infact he is an ENIGMA

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by cyberguy72(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2018
id4sho:

The fear of PMB is the beginning of knowledge
Abi the reverse is the Case.The Fear of the Legislature is the.................
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Wada3: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2018
Nobody is giving them bribe again. They are just wasting their time. Most of these National members will not come back. Bravo to Baba Buhari and Prof Yemi Osinbajo, forward ever, backward never.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Achadu76: 10:29am On Mar 16, 2018
Fadiga24:
Caption this

I have a lot of respect for this man called Saraki, the Sanate President. Saraki the Don.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by lowaist101: 10:50am On Mar 16, 2018
We Have Powerful Chess Players In The Senate. They Planned Everything Frm The Outset, Ensuring An Opposition Became The Deputy Senate President. Thus, He Has Become The Queen; Checkmate Is Within Reach. Does The President Have A Joker? Apc Needs To Put Its House In Order For Cordial Relationship Between The Executive N D Legislature. This Will Determine D Fate Of Apc In 2019.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Mejor79(m): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2018
The Speaker Hon. Dogara

Pretending to be humble to avoid raising his budget padding issue.

The Senate President Bukola Saraki

Refusing to look at PMB's face knowing the politricks, he Bukola have been playing for a while.

And PMB be like make I see Bukola Saraki face well.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by kernel504(m): 11:36am On Mar 16, 2018
evanstinobbc:
what a president we have, sometimes you wonder why people are always angry with buhari even though he does something bad or right, this man have lost the trust people have for him, since the history of Nigeria this man was the only person voted for, others were not election, but he have failed in all area,what a man, sometimes I wonder why our leaders are very wicked, people voted for you to go and use our money to do something tangible for us, but you have turned out to be a torn in our flesh,i rest my case

If you were honest with yourself, you wouldn't think of voting him. I've never loved Jonathan, I knew from Buhari antecedent, he was never honest, and always tribalistic.

I wasn't disappointed.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by UDIOK: 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
247frolicboss:
President Buhari yesterday night, met with principal officers of both chambers of the National Assembly at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-president-buhari-meets-with-national-assembly-principal-officers/

You call them National Assembly Principal officers or APC Principal officers in National Assembly otherwise Ekweremadu, Akpabio, Leo Ogor, and co should be there.....so stop rejoinders
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by ProYouAdminsUK: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
But that shouldn't affect the results of the elections even if people lose interest.

There is basically no reason for the reordering other than a selfish agenda by some corrupt APC federal lawmakers and governors to work to prevent the president's re-election once they have secured their own re-election.
Omeokachie:

Good question.

Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
But that shouldn't affect the results of the elections even if people lose interest.

There is basically no reason for the reordering other than a selfish agenda by some corrupt APC federal lawmakers and governors to work to prevent the president's re-election once they have secured their own re-election.

I see no selfishness, rather I see the opportunity it would afford lesser known political parties to win some seats.
If it will not affect the outcome of the election as you said, why then is the President jittery and his loyalists at the national assembly claiming that it was aimed at the president?

It only points to the fact that this reordering will change the face of our elections and Democratic experience for ever should it happen, which is why the presidency is kicking very hard against it.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by ProYouAdminsUK: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
What concerns the national assembly whether or not little known parties win seats? How does that affect anything?

The only reason is anti-Buhari agenda.

Buhari is a movement in the entire northern states and if these corrupt lawmakers succeed in rigging him out of office, expect an explosion of anger from the northern masses, who are the most politically sophisticated group in Nigeria. Expect many mansions ans convoys of northern politicians to be attacked and set ablaze.
Omeokachie:

I see no selfishness, rather I see the opportunity it would afford lesser known political parties to win some seats.
If it will not affect the outcome of the election as you said, why then is the President jittery and his loyalists at the national assembly claiming that it was aimed at the president?

It only points to the fact that this reordering will change the face of our elections and Democratic experience for ever should it happen, which is why the presidency is kicking very hard against it.

check my signature.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
What concerns the national assembly whether or not little known parties win seats? How does that affect anything?

The only reason is anti-Buhari agenda.

Buhari is a movement in the entire northern states and if these corrupt lawmakers succeed in rigging him out of office, expect an explosion of anger from the northern masses, who are the most politically sophisticated group in Nigeria. Expect many mansions ans convoys of northern politicians to be attacked and set ablaze.

Aha! Like dogs and baboons being soaked in blood? Lol.

Buhari will lose and nothing will happen. He lost 3 times in the past and heavens did not fall.

If you are thinking about the future of our democracy (And not about an individual - Buhari), then you should be happy that the more we widen the scope of the political space to accommodate lesser known parties that do not have the financial muscle to rig elections, the better for our Democratic survival.

What concerns the legislature?
Well, it is their duty to make laws for the good of the country and its future survival, and are not elected to babysit Buhari and his personal political ambition.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by ProYouAdminsUK: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
So these lawmaker people who make laws for the good of the country is delaying passage of an annual budget by about 5months?

It is obvious the only logical reason for putting Buhari's election last , is to give corrupt lawmakers the chance to secure their elections first, so they can all switch to prevent Buhari's re-election.
Omeokachie:

Aha! Like dogs and baboons being soaked in blood? Lol.

Buhari will lose and nothing will happen. He lost 3 times in the past and heavens did not fall.

If you are thinking about the future of our democracy (And not about an individual - Buhari), then you should be happy that the more we widen the scope of the political space to accommodate lesser known parties that do not have the financial muscle to rig elections, the better for our Democratic survival.

What concerns the legislature?
Well, it is their duty to make laws for the good of the country and its future survival, and are not elected to babysit Buhari and his personal political ambition.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
So these lawmaker people who make laws for the good of the country is delaying passage of an annual budget by about 5months?

It is obvious the only logical reason for putting Buhari's election last , is to give corrupt lawmakers the chance to secure their elections first, so they can all switch to prevent Buhari's re-election.

Are you aware that Buhari directed all ministers and agencies to go and defend their budgets before the national assembly just yesterday after meeting with the leadership of the national assembly?

So were you expecting the national assembly to pass the budget without defence by the executive arm of government? The problem here is that we are not holding the executive arm responsible to do their own part of the budgeting process.

If you believe that Buhari has done so well to earn a reelection, the order of election shouldn't throw him off balance, don't you think? Only the guilty is afraid.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by ProYouAdminsUK: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
All agencies are not required to defend budget at the NASS, there are about 500 agencies, the NASS are just making excuses to continue to delay passage. Only ministries need to defend as it is assumed the mda have been audited by the ministries that they work under. Between the budget office and the ministry of budget and planning, NASS can get all the answers to any quesions the may have.

We are not 5 year olds . Nigerians know what is going on.
Omeokachie:

Are you aware that Buhari directed all ministers and agencies to go and defend their budgets before the national assembly just yesterday after meeting with the leadership of the national assembly?

So were you expecting the national assembly to pass the budget without defence by the executive arm of government? The problem here is that we are not holding the executive arm responsible to do their own part of the budgeting process.

If you believe that Buhari has done so well to earn a reelection, the order of election shouldn't throw him off balance, don't you think? Only the guilty is afraid.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
All agencies are not required to defend budget at the NASS, there are about 500 agencies, the NASS are just making excuses to continue to delay passage. Only ministries need to defend as it is assumed the mda have been audited by the ministries that they work under. Between the budget office and the ministry of budget and planning, NASS can get all the answers to any quesions the may have.

We are not 5 year olds . Nigerians know what is going on.

"Also, over 70% of these MDAs were yet to submit their budget breakdown.

“At the meeting last night, President Buhari was surprised to find out that not all minsters have appeared before the Senate,”

“President Buhari apologized for thinking the blame was on the National Assembly,” the source who pleaded anonymity added.

President Buhari also gave a one-week ultimatum to all heads of agencies who were yet to comply with the requirements to do so.

This will be communicated to the heads of agencies by the SGF."

I have copied excerpts from last nights meeting between the president and the leadership of the national assembly.

We must ensure we hold our leaders to account. While Buhari is apologizing for the action of members of the executive arm, you are here making excuses for him.

Buhari will leave and You and I will be the ones that will be affected by their inaction.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by ProYouAdminsUK: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
MDAs are not required to submit budget breakdown thier budget breakdown are already included in the budget defended by their ministries.

NASS are just choosing to request it in order to waste time.

The source quoting the president is likely only claiming anonymity because it is not true. If a ministry had truely not been to defend the budget don't you think we would have heard about it by now ? Wouldn't the NASS have raised the matter with the presidency by now (the 6th month since budget was prepared)?
Omeokachie:

"Also, over 70% of these MDAs were yet to submit their budget breakdown.

“At the meeting last night, President Buhari was surprised to find out that not all minsters have appeared before the Senate,”

“President Buhari apologized for thinking the blame was on the National Assembly,” the source who pleaded anonymity added.

President Buhari also gave a one-week ultimatum to all heads of agencies who were yet to comply with the requirements to do so.

This will be communicated to the heads of agencies by the SGF."

I have copied excerpts from last nights meeting between the president and the leadership of the national assembly.

We must ensure we hold our leaders to account. While Buhari is apologizing for the action of members of the executive arm, you are here making excuses for him.

Buhari will leave and You and I will be the ones that will be affected by their inaction.

Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by Omeokachie: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
MDAs are not required to submit budget breakdown thier budget breakdown are already included in the budget defended by their ministries.

NASS are just choosing to request it in order to waste time.

The source quoting the president is likely only claiming anonymity because it is not true. If a ministry had truely not been to defend the budget don't you think we would have heard about it by now ? Wouldn't the NASS have raised the matter with the presidency by now (the 6th month since budget was prepared)?

Guy, You are on NL, abeg read news na.
It made FP, and also the SGF addressed the press after the meeting on the outcome. I wonder where you got the idea of anonymity from.
Just follow the news, and you can debate from an informed position rather than preconceived bias.

I'm out!
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by ProYouAdminsUK: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2018
The SGF never said anything on camera that collaborates this anonymous source. Making FP does not make a news story true.
I always debate from informed position.
Omeokachie:

Guy, You are on NL, abeg read news na.
It made FP, and also the SGF addressed the press after the meeting on the outcome. I wonder where you got the idea of anonymity from.
Just follow the news, and you can debate from an informed position rather than preconceived bias.

I'm out!
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by BumperNO: 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
wink
ProYouAdminsUK:
The SGF never said anything on camera that collaborates this anonymous source. Making FP does not make a news story true.
I always debate from informed position.
Re: President Buhari Meets With National Assembly Principal Officers by BumperNO: 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn’t Storm Out Of South West Leaders Meeting – Fayemi / PDP Will Be Defeated On Saturday - Tinubu / Tolulope Arotile: Shehu Sani Calls On FG, States To Immortalise The Late Heroine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.