Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Life Of A Nigerian Youth: The Greatest Lie Ever Told - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Life Of A Nigerian Youth: The Greatest Lie Ever Told (343 Views)

Biggest Lie Ever Told - The North Feeds Nigeria / Nigerian Youth Kneels As Senator Akpabio Inspects His Campaign Shirt / Biggest Lie Ever Told(the North Feeds Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Nigerian Youth: The Greatest Lie Ever Told by aod1(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2018
Having grown old enough to realize that all we were told as kids are all lies, I, a sample of the Nigerian youth population have decided to awake to reality.
Firstly, we were told while growing up that we are the leaders of tomorrow. This has become one of the greatest lies ever told. I was born in the early 90’s, so my first encounter with this great article of deception came around 1998 when I was in primary four. I was taught in the then social studies that if we paid our dues of studying hard we will become the leaders of tomorrow. I got more entangled in this article of deception as I developed an apt for reading historical literatures. From many of the books I read, I found that those who were ruling at that time entered into the fray of leadership at their prime, between the ages of 25-35 years. I became more inspired to drown myself in studies, I burned the midnight candle and even when all of the wax of my candles had melted, I’d negotiate with the moon to increase the lumen of the light it reflects to the earth. I paid my dues all through school, even when I experienced some difficulties in securing admission into tertiary institution, I endured still, I went to a polytechnic first then proceeded to the university. I spent seven years in all to acquire a bachelor of engineering degree.
Now, reality has dawned, it is a fact that those who held sway to power from the 1960’s and 1970’s, the same group of people who inspired us to study hard so that we will be equipped to lead our dear country, those who’d been ruling from when we were still in cradle still want to lead us even to our grave.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Majority Leader, Abia Youths Endorse Ikpeazu For 2nd Term / 2019: Why Ugwuanyi Deserves Second Term - Group / 2019 Elections: The Best Vs The Worst Of Pmb Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.