Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application (3698 Views)

Joomla,drupal Or Wordpress Which Do I Use!!! / Joomla / Drupal / Plain Online Template Wizard / Tutorial: Create Templates For Joomla, Drupal, Direct Css-based Templates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 01, 2010
If you have been following my threads, you will noticed that i created a joomla/drupal/plain template wizard which creates some basic template schemes and allow download.
Now, that was very limited because there are times when you might have developed your plain template, and you wish to convert it into a joomla/drupal theme. This is not very easy to do manually, so i am working on this online application that is able to do that conversion.

Challenges:
I am about 75% done in this application. I am facing a challenge however, the way this application works, you zip your html template after making some modifications which i will explain later on. Then you upload the zipped stuff to my site which will unzip it, process the conversion and give your the option to redownload it back. The problem is that, during my development i used a particular folder to unzip stuffs, so if 2 simultaneous conversions are going on at the same time, they will class with each other.
I am still looking for the easiest way to go around that. This application is not as easy as i immagined, but it is highly efficient, and i believe it will benefit several other developers as well.
Contributions are welcomed.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 02, 2010
The application can be found at http://.com/portal/dev/tconvert
i am still adding some finishing touches to it. there is an unintentional bug i did not get to discover until now. For this stuff to work properly, you need to be signed in as a registered user.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 02, 2010
Wow, This dude u are Extreme grin,

I feel humbled,
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 7:19am On May 03, 2010
u don start be that. dis is not such a tough application to create now
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 7:58am On May 03, 2010
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 10:39am On May 03, 2010
*dhtml:

The application can be found at http://.com/portal/dev/tconvert
i am still adding some finishing touches to it. there is an unintentional bug i did not get to discover until now. For this stuff to work properly, you need to be signed in as a registered user.
that bug has been fixed. the applications now work properly in both guest mode and signed in mode.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 03, 2010
Some other bugs were noticed after testing which i have fixed. I noticed that zipped output does not work properly.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 03, 2010
Ok, The one in the tutorial does not suggest an automatic converter grin That's the big deal na,

Me i never do something like that, Saw the thread, will read it sometime when i am free, tongue

Will test the application now!!!

Good luck.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:12am On May 04, 2010
just test it and get back to me. i have fixed a number of bugs today. .
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:30am On May 04, 2010
How much u go pay for testing, E pass review whey i been dey do free,

You know sey i be consultant and celebrity grin
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:32am On May 04, 2010
testing. . .it has been tested by norton antivirus and i am happy to announce that it is virus free
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:37am On May 04, 2010
Tested it, amazingly it worked, grin

So happy nland has a gifted dude like you,

Them no go know wetin them get till u follow the part of Da Grin grin
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:39am On May 04, 2010
na u sabi sef. were you expecting it not to work eh?
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:42am On May 04, 2010
Why would i? I be winsh?

Men, Go sleepz jare, I have seen enough of you wahala, You know fit say thanks self, for testing, cry

You bet i no go test again. Except u can afford my fee for application testing.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:44am On May 04, 2010
so you tested it? that is very good. you need to point out improvements and stuffs before you can get a reward.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:50am On May 04, 2010
I did,

Will look that up laterzz, Busy coding. tongue
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 12:51am On May 04, 2010
thankx
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 04, 2010
I just tried to look into some points, Really the time frame of the convertio
n is fast, but for those who use cybercafe and other means, it think it will be fine to make for a preloader of a sort, that will show, Status like Converting, and after conversion complete,

You know we are currently looking at how web applications can displace desktop based app. Many converters show progress, so incoperating it in this is just fine, as it will make the users know it is working, cause some impatient peeps can't wait 1mins or 2 mins for the conversion to complete.

Thanks
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 10:33am On May 06, 2010
maybe i will use an ajax uploader. because the conversion process is in about 1 second or less.
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by mcfranc(m): 2:12pm On May 07, 2010
I am totally fascinated by the fast improvement on this application. You inspire me, though am not too good in coding, i am intrigued by this. In summary, good job bro. keep coding!
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 07, 2010
thank you all very much. So far the converter has been working well. I am going to work on the version 2 soonest.

Some features:
1. It will show the percentage complete (using ajax uploader) - based on donpuzzo's contribution
2. I am going to skip modification of the source code, so you specify the tags you wish to modify (am still tryin to complete the plan for this)
Re: Joomla / Drupal Template Converter Online Application by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 07, 2012
While upgrading my site then, i could not support this tool, so i took it offline. People ave been requesting for it, so i will put it back online very shortly.
But i will upgrade it first and make it support more stuffs.

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Accidentally Deleted Wordpress Index.php File / Good Dating And Group Chat Scripts / Obama \ Enyimba Fc Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.