Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,334 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

"7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks (3739 Views)

Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time? (Photos and Video) / Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by HeWrites(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
UK-Based Nigerian man took to his Facebook page to ask a question which seems he can't find answer to. He read it in the Bible that 7.7 million animals species were in Noah’s Ark but he's confused on how they fit in the ark.

He further wrote No one should try to convince him with its God's work.

According to what he wrote;
"7.7million animal species.Tell me again, how did they all fit in, in Noah’s ark? I know your answer; God works in mysterious ways."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/7-7-million-animal-species-how-did-they-all-fit-in-in-noahs-ark-man-asks.html

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by dafeyankee: 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
I was not there.
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Evablizin(f): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
See this one oh,you have the answer already, yet you don't want to believe.
Hear it and hear it over and over again, "It's God's Work".
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
undecided

Noah doesnt Need To Carry All Species...
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Noah didnt take species.

He took "kind". Pls study about classification of living things to know the difference between "kind" and "species".

4 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by HeWrites(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by TrajansKong: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
felixomor:
Noah didnt take species.

He took "kind". Pls study about classification of living things to know the difference between "kind" and "species".

I genuinely don't understand.

Please share with us the difference between "kind" and "species" in this context.

Also, in your opinion, how many animals roughly were aboard the ark?

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
TrajansKong:

I genuinely don't understand.

Please share with us the difference between "kind" and "species" in this context.

Also, in your opinion, how many animals roughly were aboard the ark?
I feel you.

This article below answers both of your questions.
And explained the difference between kind as species

https://arkencounter.com/animals/how-many/

Happy reading.

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by ysyowel(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
grin hahahaha
majority of these animals are insects oo, must of them are invertebrates and are very tiny, the vertebrates (bigger animals with back bones) that goes into the ark are of their kind and not a species

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 17, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

This Guy's question get as e b o.

Black Atheists are worse than the white ones.

Leave religion and mind your business!!

☣ ☠

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 7:18am On Mar 17, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry

☣ ☠

This Guy's question get as e b o.

Black Atheists are worse than the white ones.

Leave religion and mind your business!!

☣ ☠

Nonsense. How are black atheists worse than white ones?

And you call yourself a Nigerian.

European and American atheists are far more vocal against religion. Stop telling lies
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 7:27am On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

I feel you.

This article below answers both of your questions.
And explained the difference between kind as species

https://arkencounter.com/animals/how-many/

Happy reading.

That article is seriously wrong and false.

If Noah carried only "kinds" instead of species on his ark, we would not have many animals that we see today. The article even gave dogs as an example. If they only brought one kind of dog, we would not even see the hundreds of dog breeds we have today.

Also, the article estimates 7000 animals on the ark. The world record for passengers on a ship is 6000 and you need at least 500 staff to manage those people. How did a family of less than ten take care of 7000 animals?

2 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

That article is seriously wrong and false.

If Noah carried only "kinds" instead of species on his ark, we would not have many animals that we see today. The article even gave dogs as an example. If they only brought one kind of dog, we would not even see the hundreds of dog breeds we have today.

Also, the article estimates 7000 animals on the ark. The world record for passengers on a ship is 6000 and you need at least 500 staff to manage those people. How did a family of less than ten take care of 7000 animals?

The bible clearly stated that Noah took "kinds".
Pls do u have any other bible version that states otherwise?
Make it public

Secondly, the many animals you see today arose from speciation which arise from migration, interbreeding and isolation.

Selah

2 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 8:00am On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

Make it public

Secondly, the many animals you see today arose from speciation which arise from migration, interbreeding and isolation.

Selah

"kinds" is a loose and meaningless term. I am only using it as it was explained in the article you linked to.

To take only "kinds" as in the family level, it means that you ignored many species of animal which would then go extinct. The dog example means that so many breeds we have today will be gone. We will have a maximum of 2 breeds only.

Speciation of the level you talk about takes thousands of years longer than Noah's ark till our time.

Human beings have been around for 10,000 years. Noah's ark was less than that 10,000 years ago.

However you look at it, noahs ark is a fairy tale that has no base in scientific reality

2 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 8:02am On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

"kinds" is a loose and meaningless term. I am only using it as it was explained in the article you linked to.

To take only "kinds" as in the family level, it means that you ignored many species of animal which would then go extinct. The dog example means that so many breeds we have today will be gone. We will have a maximum of 2 breeds only.

Speciation of the level you talk about takes thousands of years longer than Noah's ark till our time.

Human beings have been around for 10,000 years. Noah's ark was less than that 10,000 years ago.

However you look at it, noahs ark is a fairy tale that has no base in scientific reality

Bro. Show your version of bible that reads otherwise or hold your peace.

We are waiting
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 8:03am On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

Bro. Show your version of bible that reads otherwise or hold your peace.

We are waiting

Oga felixomoron, nobody is arguing that the bible does not say "kinds".

You are really FelixDeMoron

5 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

[s]

Oga felixomoron, nobody is arguing that the bible does not say "kinds".

You are really FelixDeMoron[/s]
As usual lipsrsealed

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Uyi168: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2018
my own take is,if snakes,donkeys could talk...if someone could ride on a flying horse,dividing every moons on his way...then its also very possible for a snake to swallow money...

2 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

Nonsense. How are black atheists worse than white ones?

And you call yourself a Nigerian.

European and American atheists are far more vocal against religion. Stop telling lies

angry

☣ ☠

Okay

☣ ☠
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2018
I have always maintained that Noah's ark is the worst story I have read in my entire life that is widely accepted to be true. For a grown up person to read that nonsense (literally non sense) and believe it to be true just shows you how powerful childhood indoctrination is,as far as something is in the bible no matter how illogical it is Christians would always believe it,I have no problem with that believe what you want but when you start imposing it on me I would not waste time to tell you that your belief is illogical

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by CoolUsername: 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

Make it public

Selah

Soo... evolution, then? In like 10% of the time.

Cool story bro.

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
CoolUsername:

Soo... evolution, then? In like 10% of the time.

Cool story bro.

Please study the meaning of speciation and come back
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by Niflheim(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
The story of Noah is pure fiction!!!

1.He most have also brought gonorrhea into the ark!!!

2.He also brought "pubic lice" to the ark

3.He brought tape worms to the ark

4.He brought bedbugs onto the ark!!!

A most foolish story told by a foolish book to gullible church members!!!

3 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

Speciation is part of evolution. How can you accept speciation and not evolution?

What do you think is the process that split humans and apes from common ancestors?

2 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

Speciation is part of evolution How can you accept speciation and not evolution?

What do you think is the process that split humans and apes from common ancestors?

Lies.

Even interbreeding of dogs and other animals results in speciation.
Pls always study completely before quoting me.
Please
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by CoolUsername: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

I'm glad that Christians have finally accepted the theory of evolution on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

Lies.

Even interbreeding of dogs and other animals results in speciation.
Pls always study completely before quoting me.
Please

Different breeds of dogs are the same specie.

Stop being ignorant
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

Different breeds of dogs are the same specie.

Stop being ignorant

What a goof!
Lolz grin
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by felixomor: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
CoolUsername:

I'm glad that Christians have finally accepted the theory of evolution on this forum.
Of course, there are some Christians who believe that micro evolution was a tool for creation.
Next!
Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
felixomor:

What a goof!
Lolz grin

Following your reasoning, different races of humans are different species.

Ogbeni, go and research- different breeds of dogs are the same species. Even wolf and dog are considered same species- canis lupus.

1 Like

Re: "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks by superhumanist(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
Emmytes:

You are a dunce.

go back to secondary school. Simple biology.

That's why they call him "felixomoron"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africans And The Concept Of One God / Babalawos, Iyanifas, Diviners & Seers Meet Here: Lets Discuss Divination / “pastor Adeboye Needs To Sleep With One Of His Church Members” – Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.