Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? (774 Views)

Please Avoid This Thing If You Want To Succeed In Life / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? by TrueHeart365(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
I had an encounter today that really broke my heart. Is there still hope for this country? especially this new generation that seems to be lagging behind in intellect and proper exposure.

There's this guy that just opened a barbing salon in my hood. he's quite good but i was yet to patronize him till this morning.

Dude started telling me how he admires my way, how i hardly go out but still look fresh. omo, see my head come dey burst (for those that'll start asking....i'm a freelance web developer/digital marketer). After cutting my hair, this guy started asking me directly if i do Gee (yahoo). i don't judge people for doing what they have to do to survive in this terribly harsh country, so i said NO with a smile so he wouldn't feel bad.

if you see the shock on this guy's face. you know that moment you hear the girl that has been forming for the whole area got pregnant for a mechanic... that was exactly the look on this guy's face.

he told me i was wasting my time... "when you wan come blow bros?". this was the question the guy asked that broke my heart. That the youth of this country have lost touch with the realty of gradual progress with hard-work and dedication? Dude doesn't even believe his skill can take him anywhere sad

i go still barb for him side but meehnn... is it that bad in this counrty?

Lalasticlala abeg make i hear from our youth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? by danolorunmo(m): 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2018
TrueHeart365:
I had an encounter today that really broke my heart. Is there still hope for this country? especially this new generation that seems to be lagging behind in intellect and proper exposure.

There's this guy that just opened a barbing salon in my hood. he's quite good but i was yet to patronize him till this morning.

Dude started telling me how he admires my way, how i hardly go out but still look fresh. omo, see my head come dey burst (for those that'll start asking....i'm a freelance web developer/digital marketer). After cutting my hair, this guy started asking me directly if i do Gee (yahoo). i don't judge people for doing what they have to do to survive in this terribly harsh country, so i said NO with a smile so he wouldn't feel bad.

if you see the shock on this guy's face. you know that moment you hear the girl that has been forming for the whole area got pregnant for a mechanic... that was exactly the look on this guy's face.

he told me i was wasting my time... "when you wan come blow bros?". this was the question the guy asked that broke my heart. That the youth of this country have lost touch with the realty of gradual progress with hard-work and dedication? Dude doesn't even believe his skill can take him anywhere sad

i go still barb for him side but meehnn... is it that bad in this counrty?

lalasticlala abeg make i hear from our youth.

My brother na so o. That is how a course mate of mine said that I am just wasting my time with freelance writing. Is it now bad to be a freelancer? cry
Re: Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? by Robisky001(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2018
SARS, was once on their usual intimidations caught my friend and started demanding money from him,he retorted by saying he doesn't have a dime with him and one of them was like "nor be your mate dey do yahoo"? It's that bad that even those that are supposed to implement the laws, now resort to encouraging others to flout it just because of what they will get in return.

1 Like

Re: Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? by DankemzI(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
In the Next five years to come Yahoo will be the most sort after trade,... Its now like a skill acquisition....
An idle man is a devils workshop.
Our government are to be blamed for the high unemployment.
Re: Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? by pweetyoge(f): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
Why is he not doing yahoo...him sef no wan blow wey make am dey run barbing saloon abi?And you could not ask him that
Re: Is It Now A Bad Thing If You're Not A Yahoo Guy? by TrueHeart365(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
pweetyoge:
Why is he not doing yahoo...him sef no wan blow wey make am dey run barbing saloon abi?And you could not ask him that

He's already into it. It seems both skilled and unskilled are going into it like oil company.

Sh1t is scary

(1) (Reply)

Chartered Accountants In The House Please Help Me Out / Help, What Profitable Digital Skill Can Someone In Their 30s Learn? / We Buy Your Pi Coin At Good Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.