Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. (1782 Views)

GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List / Mustapha Sani Abacha Was Born In Aso Rock To A Sitting Head Of State / List Of Minimum Wages In Africa ''nigeria, One Of Worlds Lowest Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Chelseafan99: 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Have you ever thought that your life would be any different if you were born with a different skin tone? Have you ever wished at some point that you were of a different race (race being defined as cultural and general physical traits)? What race would you prefer to be and why?

These probably seem like terrible questions, but they go to the heart of racial privilege as it pertains to today’s societies. I would like anyone who reads this to give me their answer to these questions if they don’t mind, as I only have my own thoughts to discuss and someone else’s may be different. As for my own answer, on more than one occasion I have wished to not have been born as a person who is perceived as black. The reasons are physical, cultural, and psychological, and I will explain myself. Some may consider this kind of thought self victimization, but the fact is there are ideas and perceptions attached to your physical appearance that can’t be erased no matter how you pretend they don’t exist. I don’t think it is self-victimization to acknowledge there are disadvantages to being black. What is bad is to say that the disadvantages are caused by some inevitable and unchangeable fault in being black.

Never in my life have I seen a race of people so wicked and evil even the devil is spooked. Family selling out their fellow family members to witchcraft. Any innocent display of wealth or success is like pointing a gun at your self. We life in a society where making progress is risky because there are those who will be affrontef by your success and try to pull you down. Sorry to say the black race is where it is today because of the wickedness and spilling on innocent blood that has taken place and continues to. Household witchcraft, jealous friends, enemies of progress. Sometimes I wonder why God is slow to anger. I hate zbd regret being born into the kind of family I was born in. I hate my race. I am ashamed of my race, us Africans are the bumbest most cruel race, where %40 of the populace is into witchcraft. Of the remaining %60 half of them are into juju. %90 of our politicians practise juju. There are times I wish I could sleep and wake up in a progressive society.

All my life all I have kn9wnm8s nothing but suffering. Almost took my own life days go. The fear of HELL is the only factor stopping me. When i look at othet progressive societies my eyes get misty. Born in Nigeria is like being born to suffer. Born with any form of mental illness in Nigeria means one had to be ready for suffering on a scale that defies human comprehension.

MY RACE IS A DISGRACE. A cesspool of wicked in high places. God help me pass through this suffering.
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by chuksjuve(m): 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
angry
One million and one Nigerians and Africans as as a whole are thinking just like you are thinking..

The problem is not the continent itself, Africa is blessed with both human and natural resources..
The problem are the animals in human skin we call leaders..

They have made the Africa look likes it that worst place to live..

Don't forget the west and European powers if given a chance will make this place work and even better than their current place..

Have you also wondered why some folks will do all means to have their delivery abroad?

Failure is an orphan , so is Africa .
Nobody wants to associate with failure ..

Africa needs to be delivered !!!

2 Likes

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Chelseafan99: 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Us Africans-will be judged for or barbarity some day. Those who practise witchcraft, oppress a man and his heritage, flying at night sucking human blood. Heading and casting spells on the innocent out of wickedness. Our politicians will someday pay the ultimate price. They will pay dearly for the millions of lives they have destroyed because of their corruption. Soon. Very soon justice will be served.

By the way me included. I'm trying hard to turn from my ways, but even I will be judged if I do not change. If only......sad. Very sad.
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Chelseafan99: 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
chuksjuve:
angry
One million and one Nigerians and Africans as as a whole are thinking just like you are thinking..

The problem is not the continent itself, Africa is blessed with both human and natural resources..
The problem are the animals in human skin we call leaders..

They have made the Africa look likes it that worst place to live..

Don't forget the west and European powers if given a chance will make this place work and even better than their current place..

Have you also wondered why some folks will do all means to have their delivery abroad?

Failure is an orphan , so is Africa .
Nobody wants to associate with failure ..

Africa needs to be delivered !!!

European powers. Seriously !! The colonialist whom came to plunder. They see our wickedness and take advantage of it. It was our local Kings who sold their subjects into slavery. The black man is an evil, vile primitive and cruel being. The black woman is worse.
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by chuksjuve(m): 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chelseafan99:

European powers. Seriously !! The colonialist whom came to plunder. They see our wickedness and take advantage of it. It was our local Kings who sold their subjects into slavery. The black man is an evil, vile primitive and cruel being. The black woman is worse.

They plundered because it was not theirs and they can claim to own this continent hence the exploitation..

If they had been resident or owners of this continent , Africa would have been like the garden of Eden ..

That's what i meant .
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Chelseafan99: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
chuksjuve:

They plundered because it was not theirs and they can claim to own this continent hence the exploitation..

If they had been resident or owners of this continent , Africa would have been like the garden of Eden ..

That's what i meant .

oh absolutely. Theirs is a progressive culture. As of this writing I am officially homeless. I've bern kicked out of my house. Just discovered by own family is collaborating with outsiders to catch witchcraft spell on me. All my properties have been taken and just two days ago they took advantage of my situation and took my car. Now homeless, no friend, no family, no home, no car....if not God's love and grace for my life the enemy would have been exalted over me. It's funny off 7.6 billion people on Earth the only person who looks beyond my limitation and loves me any way is God. Only Jesus. Nobody else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chelseafan99:
Have you ever thought that your life would be any different if you were born with a different skin tone? Have you ever wished at some point that you were of a different race (race being defined as cultural and general physical traits)? What race would you prefer to be and why?

These probably seem like terrible questions, but they go to the heart of racial privilege as it pertains to today’s societies. I would like anyone who reads this to give me their answer to these questions if they don’t mind, as I only have my own thoughts to discuss and someone else’s may be different. As for my own answer, on more than one occasion I have wished to not have been born as a person who is perceived as black. The reasons are physical, cultural, and psychological, and I will explain myself. Some may consider this kind of thought self victimization, but the fact is there are ideas and perceptions attached to your physical appearance that can’t be erased no matter how you pretend they don’t exist. I don’t think it is self-victimization to acknowledge there are disadvantages to being black. What is bad is to say that the disadvantages are caused by some inevitable and unchangeable fault in being black.

Never in my life have I seen a race of people so wicked and evil even the devil is spooked. Family selling out their fellow family members to witchcraft. Any innocent display of wealth or success is like pointing a gun at your self. We life in a society where making progress is risky because there are those who will be affrontef by your success and try to pull you down. Sorry to say the black race is where it is today because of the wickedness and spilling on innocent blood that has taken place and continues to. Household witchcraft, jealous friends, enemies of progress. Sometimes I wonder why God is slow to anger. I hate zbd regret being born into the kind of family I was born in. I hate my race. I am ashamed of my race, us Africans are the bumbest most cruel race, where %40 of the populace is into witchcraft. Of the remaining %60 half of them are into juju. %90 of our politicians practise juju. There are times I wish I could sleep and wake up in a progressive society.

All my life all I have kn9wnm8s nothing but suffering. Almost took my own life days go. The fear of HELL is the only factor stopping me. When i look at othet progressive societies my eyes get misty. Born in Nigeria is like being born to suffer. Born with any form of mental illness in Nigeria means one had to be ready for suffering on a scale that defies human comprehension.

MY RACE IS A DISGRACE. A cesspool of wicked in high places. God help me pass through this suffering.
cc gorotango
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Cooly100: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ehnn

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by IdeyFindWife: 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2018
Chelseafan99:

You are not the furking continent so get over yourself. Quit making a national rot your basis for your personal shittiness, OK?

When you're done moaning, just get your PVC and be part of the movement at making stuff better... instead of getting down on yourself this hard that you're attempting suicide already. Snap da furk out of it!

Instead you best start working on how to get your arss out of there! Adversity breaks some men, but it causes some other men to rise up and break records. Determine to be the latter class!

Quit the moaning, it's unnerving already. Of course, I'm moved that you had to have it rough starting out but i don't give a damn about your having to moan, wail and groan on and on about it.

Make a plan and get to work, damnit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by muykem: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
You are in prison of your mind. Yes there percula problem in Africa but there is no perfect society in the world. Things are changing but many refuse to see it, this not where we are 20 years ago. I will advise you to also trying and see good side of our country.

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Chelseafan99: 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

You are not the furking continent so get over yourself. Quit making a national rot your basis for your personal shittiness, OK?

When you're done moaning, just get your PVC and be part of the movement at making stuff better... instead of getting down on yourself this hard that you're attempting suicide already. Snap da furk out of it!

Instead you best start working on how to get your arss out of there! Adversity breaks some men, but it causes some other men to rise up and break records. Determine to be the latter class!

Quit the moaning, it's unnerving already. Of course, I'm moved that you had to have it rough starting out but i don't give a damn about your having to moan, wail and groan on and on about it.

Make a plan and get to work, damnit!

Get a wife and shut up. You couldnt handle %2 of what i face everyday.
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Chelseafan99: 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
muykem:
You are in prison of your mind. Yes there percula problem in Africa but there is no perfect society in the world. Things are changing but many refuse to see it, this not where we are 20 years ago. I will advise you to also trying and see good side of our country.

Prison of the mind you say? Not quite so. I think not. Woe to anyone born in this shithole. Its starting to look like the black race i cursed. Wickedness, cruelty, corruption, absolute barbarity. Oh boy !!!
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by dasparrow: 11:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
@Post

No I do not wish to be a different race because black don't crack. I am not about to start aging like a banana whereby I will have to start battling wrinkles and balding in my early 30s. However, if I had a say in the matter, I will never come into this world through Nigerians. Many of you are bigoted toxic mofos with low self esteem and battling inferiority complex. Always quick to blame your failures and ineptitude on your melanin.

Thankfully I was not born in Africa. Thankfully I don't live in Africa.

You Nigerians live in an artificially created country where your European colonisers saw nothing wrong in forcefully lumping over 200 African ethnicities into one country without their consent and not taking into consideration differences in language, culture, values and religious beliefs and yet many of you wonder why your country is stagnant.

Later on, you rush to blame your failures on your race when in actuality, your colonisers from Europe set you up to fail to begin with.

Secondly, whose fault is it that your citizens are so selfish, self centered, greedy, wicked, clannish and bigoted? Is your melanin responsible for that too?

Nigerians know what needs to be done to move forward but many of you don't want to stand up to your thieving leaders. Many of you contributed to the mess your country is in today due to your nonchalant attitude towards corruption, greed, self centeredness and poor leadership.

Many of you only care about getting married and bringing innocent children into the mess of a country you all created for yourselves.

Stop blaming the entire black race for your failures. Just stop it!!!! Your melanin which is responsible for your brown skin is not the reason for your failures.

Nigerians are just not compatible with each other because they were lumped together by their European colonisers against their wish. Your country was set up to fail anyways. So why are you here being salty?

You will never be white. So you better accept yourself for who you are because the white race is never going to accept you. Not even if you speak with their accent.

Since you Nigerians stay being tribalistic and hateful, not seeing eye to eye on a lot of things, your country will continue to remain stagnant. It is what it is.

Nigeria can become like the fictional country of Wakanda if you Nigerians can get rid of your incessant greed and self centered attitude and come together and work for the progress of your country. It's either that or you disintegrate and form monoethnic nations so that peace can reign.

Until that happens, you can stay here on Nairaland all bitter. It's not gonna change a thing about your country Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by dasparrow: 12:06am On Mar 17, 2018
Cooly100:
Ehnn

Thank you for posting that. I also want to add that many carribbean countries with majority black populations also have passports that allow them visa free or visa on arrival to over 130 countries. Example: Barbados, Granada, Trinidad and Tobago.

So just because Nigerians are black is not the reason the country has failed. Why pack over 200 different ethnic groups into one country? And then we wonder why Nigeria is not working. How can it work when her citizens hardly see eye to eye.

OP thinks all black countries are failures. Get outta here with that mess!

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Caseless: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2018
There's something wrong with the black skin; no other race loves the black race and the blacks don't even love themselves.
OP is right about our problems and mentality. But that doesn't everything is bad about us. I wanna be born a black man again but in a working society. I want Nigeria to work and lead the black race(but we de fvck up). *cries*
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Caseless: 7:46am On Mar 17, 2018
dasparrow:

Thank you for posting that. I also want to add that many carribbean countries with majority black populations also have passports that allow them visa free or visa on arrival to over 130 countries. Example: Barbados, Granada, Trinidad and Tobago.

So just because Nigerians are black is not the reason the country has failed. Why pack over 200 different ethnic groups into one country? And then we wonder why Nigeria is not working. How can it work when her citizens hardly see eye to eye.

OP thinks all black countries are failures. Get outta here with that mess!
unity is not uniformity. You people cite this watery arguments as if development is directly tied to homogeneity.
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by IdeyFindWife: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2018
Chelseafan99:

Get a wife and shut up. You couldnt handle %2 of what i face everyday.

Don't be fooled by a harmless monicker, you're yet to go where I've been and I never went close to moaning about it online or getting suicidal in hopes of getting sympathy or relief from God, angel or man. And mehn, I thank God everyday for the lovely view from where I am today!

It might sound harsh to you but dwelling on your issues won't sort you out neither do you need much pitying, from yourself or anybody else. You need friends, solutions, help and all that's gotta come from you sustaining effort on changing your perspectives, going hard after your preferred realities and projecting less and less helplessness, hopelessness and negativity!

If you can "feel" the pain, the frustration, the anger, this much; then you're ready for the change. The first challenge is not where it's gonna come from but whether you're ready for it, seeing it and working towards it.

You deserve better! A lifetime is too long to simply end up as the shitty byproduct of some other people's miserable mistakes. And you were even thinking of ending it all? Damn!

And what do you need anyway? Some Money to repackage yourself? Visa to get out of there, Resources to float your Project Concepts... anything except giving you a new kidney. All can still be sorted but don't be so negative or kill yourself in despair!

All that your long, lengthy agonizing post and you never, for once, mentioned a single tangible area of need that guys sabi key-in on sorting you out? And u say persin should not shout on you, ehn? angry Even God go halla!

Get over yourself, you're not the black race. Your singular shytty experience doesn't mirror the whole families in the country. You need to go find some happy people with some measure of success and get mentored! Also, a new crib, friends, kish and neighborhood! If you've not been talking bout all that cos they'rere not on your priority list, then you might as well just kill yourself!

Anyway, when you're done. Best do your SWOT ANALYSIS, itemize your needs and let pple help you. But, just don't waste yourself, enjoy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2018
@op,u can be in Africa and don't have their mindset. That way, u can survive in Africa especially Nigeria.

I will give u examples. If not through the Internet, i wouldnt have known who davido or other Nigerian artists are. I don't listen to their songs cos they make no positive impacts on my life. I also want to train my children to appreciate music and what it means so while in Nigeria, no Nigerian music channels. So also nta and the likes. I don't have a single Nigerian song in my play list. We don't watch Nigerian dramas. We watch things that develop the brains and make u versatile. If u have engaged ur mind very well to discard some of the things that hinder Africans from moving,they wont have power or impact over u.
As a kid, I have never had any interest in witches and wizards or juju. Rather,I will love to study and know how some scientific things we use come into existence.
When u watch and follow other people's culture and way's of life,u will start seeing that we are indeed far below. Ur intelligence will build up and ur approach towards situations will change.
Seems like u married. The usual we are Africans so extended family first. Nope, if ur extended family is making u not to move forward,cut them off (including ur own family) ur wife and children first. It's because of things like these that parents don't save for old age believing their children or in laws will take care of them during old age. Some will practically stop working. How will u then grow except u steal to meet up?
These are the mindsets.
Also when u listen less to pastors and face realities.
Sorry,I have to tell u that our religious men and women contributed to the rot we are in more than 40%.
There is a saying that a king stops being powerful if his subjects desert him. So also an all powerful deity. Many deities have come and gone,we read about them in history books. The earliest ones aren't recorded. They were once all powerful and dreaded. As the followers dwindle,so also their powers until they become part of history too.
So I will want u to focus on reality than unrealistic things u hear from ur religious leaders. At the end of the day and if truth must be told,if u don't grease their hands,they will stop telling u what u want to hear.
U owe nobody no obligation whatsoever and strictly responsible for ur own happiness.
Africans have generally below average IQ. So it's not surprising why we are where we are now.
Try following the culture and way of life of the most intelligent countries in this world and see how u will change in the next few coming months. Cos u will challenge the norms and without knowing it,it will start reflecting in ur way of life. Good luck.
Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Cooly100: 11:36am On Mar 17, 2018
Caseless:
unity is not uniformity. You people cite this watery arguments as if development is directly tied to homogeneity.

It is...otherwise, why didn't the Europeans merge, French and English people...Spanish and Germans...?

I strongly believe homogeneity can do wonders.

I give you an example...have you not seen the patrotism and zeal of Biafran agitators? You don't have that in Nigeia because everybody is loyal to their tribes...(ask Buhari if you think I am wrong) Those boys are ready to do anything like building underground rail system for Biafra for FREE...than they would do for Nigeria.

Re: I Wish I Was Not Born In Africa. Nigeria To Be Precise. by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2018
Op I get your point.

There's hope for some African countries, there's no hope for Nigeria.

I have been to ten countries in three continents, I know what I'm saying.

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT YOU'RE BORN HERE,BUT IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE BORN HERE.

Most Nigerians( especially professionals ) have left the country for good I advise you to do the same,you owe it your children.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Way Pdp Defended Senate President Saraki On The Alleged Robbery Case / The Real Meaning Of "Oshiomole" (APC Chairman) / PDP Presidential Primary: See How Gov Okowa Arrived at the venue- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.