Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,911 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! (9020 Views)

2015: Yerima Joins Presidential Race / Tambuwal Joins Presidential Race, APC Intrigues Deepen / Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by sholasys: 9:45am On May 04, 2010
What does this celebrity think politics is all about ? show biz ? popularity !!!? or just been a publisher of celebrity magazine ?. Something most be deceiving this guy, maybe money. Let him go and ask Bode "d-way". I think he would learn from there.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by automarket: 9:52am On May 04, 2010
2011 election will be a very interesting one and God will appoint the best President for Nigerians
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by honeric01(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2010
Dele should not waste his money, it's better he runs for chairmanship/house of rep or something like that first before thinking of running for presidency, talk about confused mind.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Akosbaba(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2010
@metal gong,always pissing pple off with dull posts.Dele momodu 4 presidency sounds like mikael silvestre 4 world best player.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Ikeobinna(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2010
IBB said, he was going to run for the presidency because he has not seen any Nigerian who can rule (lead) Nigeria. If dele momodu decides to run for president, l think his intention should be applauded. We need more young Nigerian who are vibrant and ambitious in the polity. Some people are talking about political antecedent, can someone tell me what those with voluminious antecedent has done for Nigeria. They have succeeded in embezzling our money, kept us in darkness, our youth are unemployed, our education is sick, our health system is poor. They have failed us with their political pedigree. We need men who can manage our resources, men with good intention for our country, men who will die for what they believe in, men who will not shiver when the heat is on, men with listening ears who will not mortgage their conscience for ghana must go. That are the qualities of the men we need. Go! dele momodu, u can do it.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Demdem(m): 11:14am On May 04, 2010
Ikeobinna:

IBB said, he was going to run for the presidency because he has not seen any Nigerian who can rule (lead) Nigeria. If dele momodu decides to run for president, l think his intention should be applauded. We need more young Nigerian who are vibrant and ambitious in the polity. Some people are talking about political antecedent, can someone tell me what those with voluminious antecedent has done for Nigeria. They have succeeded in embezzling our money, kept us in darkness, our youth are unemployed, our education is sick, our health system is poor. They have failed us with their political pedigree. We need men who can manage our resources, men with good intention for our country, men who will die for what they believe in, men who will not shiver when the heat is on, men with listening ears who will not mortgage their conscience for ghana must go. That are the qualities of the men we need. Go! dele momodu, u can do it.

^^^^ ok agree but i honestly dont think Dele has the above qualities u stated
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Nobody: 11:20am On May 04, 2010
I wish him luck.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by tkb417(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2010
He has a right to contest just like the naughty person IBB

you dont like him, simply vote for who you like and let the result speak your minds

whats all the noise for?

Mr A contests, Nairalanders will shout, B wants to contest, u people will scream murder, na wa for this place o
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by martinosi: 1:04pm On May 04, 2010
delagasky:

Is it not this same Dele Momodu who celebrates the opulence of the Abachas abd the likes of IBB in his magazine? He too wants to enter Aso Rock and taste it abi?? As for me, i dont like the smell of his agenda, honourable as it may sound, i only think he wants to do this because of a persnal dislike for IBB for what he did to his mentor Abiola.

Running for President is a Business Move,

Think of all the Public Funds made available to the candidates "Hmmm Mouth watering" from the Electoral Commission (Millions of Naira!!!) and also private funds donated (Millions of Naira!!!) to the campaign of each Candidate and also think about when a candidate knows he going to lose, the backroom deals
he will make with the obvious winner for a "Federal Contracts" "Comission Projects" "Development Grants" "Cabinet/Committe/Bureau Seats"
Yeah Nigerian Elites are learning the game very well now lol!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by martinosi: 1:13pm On May 04, 2010
TewMuch:

You meant, TewMuch. Of course i know its delusions, but he has never acted in a crazy manner before. So maybe he has been having the visions of grandeur. But hey, he may also be a closet lunatic but i prefer to give him the benefit of doubt and not insult him just yet.

Nah he aiight crazy,  he just awakened to the Knowledge that there is more money to be made Guarding the Cash Register instead of writing stories of success of those that Guarded it! lol!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by martinosi: 1:20pm On May 04, 2010
redsun:

This is not just about Dele,this is about YOU standing your ground as a so-called youth and making a difference in a society that have been systematically ruled by gay-s,thieves and ignoramus since the so-called independence up to this day.

Hmmm just a thought for you,  "Money Rules"

Always remember the Golden Rule in Life - He that Has the Gold (Wealth) makes the Rules!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Kay17: 3:36pm On May 04, 2010
What experience? Institutionalising corruption? or ruining the country or annuling the freeest and fairest election in the country's history. WHich experience are you refering to?
is it fair blaming him for the sins of the country? i admit there was a decline, but corruption as being the order of the day since colonial times, Nnamdi Azikwe has being guilty for misappriopation, our famous father Awolowo has had countless shell companies that get all the govt contracts. he has being there before and thus the experience. he had the best foreign minister, Nigeria has ever had.

the ambitious SAP project was innovative and engendered growth in the private sector. abolition of the market boards, encouraging foreign investment, devaluing the Naira to compete in the export sector. also a responsive govt, set aside SAP as a result of inflationary pressure.

the so called fairest and freest election is so because all the Yorubas got what they wanted. Elections in lagos are always free and fair?!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by tkb417(m): 3:56pm On May 04, 2010
Kay 17:

is it fair blaming him for the sins of the country? i admit there was a decline, but corruption as being the order of the day since colonial times, Nnamdi Azikwe has being guilty for misappriopation, our famous father Awolowo has had countless shell companies that get all the govt contracts. he has being there before and thus the experience. he had the best foreign minister, Nigeria has ever had.

the ambitious SAP project was innovative and engendered growth in the private sector. abolition of the market boards, encouraging foreign investment, devaluing the Naira to compete in the export sector. also a responsive govt, set aside SAP as a result of inflationary pressure.

the so called fairest and freest election is so because all the Yorubas got what they wanted. Elections in lagos are always free and fair?!
forget the June 12 elections, so in ur eyes, IBB did well while in office?

wonderful!!!

The whole country must be stupid i guess
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Kay17: 4:02pm On May 04, 2010
at least he is better option than dele, pat utomi, yar dua, chris okotie. his experience places above the power-hungry politicans we have.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by tkb417(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2010
Kay 17:

at least he is better option than dele, pat utomi, yar dua, chris okotie. his experience places above the power-hungry politicans we have.
You are right

he is experienced in political killings, annuling elections, stealing, institutionalizing corruption and other social vices et al

if thats who you aspire as a leader in this new dispensation, God pass all of una

Nigerians will shout you people down, stone you people, piss on ur faces and disgrace you all

IBB will lose or be be silenced the hard way come May 2011
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Kay17: 4:19pm On May 04, 2010
whose better for the post? do you think the standing candidates are not self-seekin too. We ve had a ten years of democracy, yet the freedom, prosperity, free education and better lives is far from being realized. at the turn of every election, nonsense politicans give nonsense promises, and the country becomes worse. the cycle has to stop now, i take my chances. thats the essence of democracy, not mere satisfaction in seeing my tribesman elected!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Ambber(f): 4:37pm On May 04, 2010
Dele Momodu ke? when serious minded nigerians like Pat Utomi fails at the polls. This man who celebrates drug barons and looters of public funds via his magazines. Anyway, it's time for him to vomit some of the ill gotten money that strayed into his hands via his armed robber, pen robber friends.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by tkb417(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2010
Kay 17:

whose better for the post? do you think the standing candidates are not self-seekin too. We ve had a ten years of democracy, yet the freedom, prosperity, free education and better lives is far from being realized. at the turn of every election, nonsense politicans give nonsense promises, and the country becomes worse. the cycle has to stop now, i take my chances. thats the essence of democracy, not mere satisfaction in seeing my tribesman elected!
i havent said anythn about voting Dele here and i am one of those who didnt vote for OBJ when he contested
I dont vote on tribal sentiments but on intrinsic virtues and values in the man/woman contesting.

in a sane environment, this discussion wouldnt even come up cos the man in question should be serving a jail term right now. If he was in jail, why would he think of contesting? maybe Tafa Balogun shd contest for a gubernatorial position in his state too cos at least he has got some public sector experience
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by jokingmary(m): 6:39pm On May 04, 2010
You have the right to vote and to be voted for, blablabla (lie)
In Nigeria you have to belong to a political party before thinking of election
So he has to belong to a political party before he can start talking of election
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by lastpage: 6:45pm On May 04, 2010
Am not a LAWYER but l want to ask the house (l mean members wey sabi wetin dey happen o!):
Can someone who has claimed Asylum and enjoys a REFUGEE status, contest an election in that same country he claims he is being persecuted?

Somethings we do now, in the name of "Residency abroad", might hurt us in future!

For example, if you travel straight to your former country of origin and your host country (the one that granted you Refugee status) knows about it, legally, they can and will repudiate that "status" and withdraw all the benefits cos it simply means YOU are saying the same country is now "safe" for you.
So, no need to protect you anymore, from it.
Reason why peeps go through Ghana and at times settle there (not because Ghana has stable electricity!)  grin grin

Remember, Refugee status is for "protecting people suffering persecution" from their home state due to issues like war, political differences and other human right issues.

, President

As for IBB, non-issue (in my own opinion)
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2010
Can someone who has claimed Asylum and enjoys a REFUGEE status, contest an election in that same country he claims he is being persecuted?

He never enounced his Nigerian citizenship.

It happens in many countries where you are being persecuted and you run for safety to come back later when the dictator has died or deposed
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On May 04, 2010

How is he better? How do Nigerians keep recycling this experience crap. The same experience they said OBJ had that nearly crippled the country, The same experience they said YarAdua had.

What experience does the current president of the US have? Thats why the US is better, They rejected those "experience" in McCain and Palin for inexperienced Barack.

Experience in looting, Killing, annuling elections, Human right abuses, Dele Giwa style,

Do you know how many elections/transition IBB organised and cancelled? I can remember the Peoples Solidarity Party, Liberal Convention etc of 1988, The 1992 election that has YarAdua, Falae in SDP, Ciroma, Shinkafi, Lema Jibrilu, Bamanga Tukur in NRC but IBB cancelled it saying they were all Old breed politicians and we need newbreed

Came in New breed like Kingibe, Atiku, MKO, Bashir Tofa and IBB annulled again.

A man that was against democracy all his life now wants to contest for election, WHy not get a p0rn actor to contest for Pope
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by mustafar1: 7:45pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

How is he better? How do Nigerians keep recycling this experience crap. The same experience they said OBJ had that nearly crippled the country, The same experience they said YarAdua had.

What experience does the current president of the US have? Thats why the US is better, They rejected those "experience" in McCain and Palin for inexperienced Barack.

Experience in looting, Killing, annuling elections, Human right abuses, Dele Giwa style,

Do you know how many elections/transition IBB organised and cancelled? I can remember the Peoples Solidarity Party, Liberal Convention etc of 1988, The 1992 election that has YarAdua, Falae in SDP, Ciroma, Shinkafi, Lema Jibrilu, Bamanga Tukur in NRC but IBB cancelled it saying they were all Old breed politicians and we need newbreed

A man that was against democracy all his life now wants to contest for election, WHy not get a p0rn actor to contest for Pope

a lot of people dont even know these things.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On May 04, 2010
Thats where the problem lies. For people who were adults and knew what was going on then would never advocate IBB for president again.

But to the people who dont know IBB is just another abbreviation like LOL, ROFLMAO, SMH and IIRC
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Kay17: 8:16pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

if the Christmas bomb and this Time Square bomb had gone off, what would have been the media's reaction? wouldn't there be questions on his competence to combat terrorism?

Under OBJ, Nigeria had almost an absolute right to freedom of speech, even religion or hate speech could not bar it. The unnecessary heavy burden from the public sector was greatly reduced on govt expenditure, a boost in the economy, guiding the launch of the telecoms industry. there were things he could not change: people religious fervour, corruption in every level of the society plus elected offices.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2010
So in all these, what qualifies IBB for Nigerian presidency in a democractic setting in 2010 when he failed and denied us of democracy in his 8years as president
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Jarus(m): 9:54pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

I always thought you were someone not so interested in Nigerian politics, especially of old, and so know little about past politics/political happenings in Nigeria, until I came across this and some other comments of yours. In our generation, only someone versed in Naija politics will recall these names of presidential candidates, especially Lema Jubril, Bamanga Tukur, Adamu Ciroma etc. Needless to add that Olusola Saraki, Dele Cole, one Saleh something, were other aspirants at the time.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 10:50pm On May 04, 2010
^^ Jarus,

I was so versed in Naija politics of the late 80's to 90's. I knew when people were rushing to create political partis in 1987 and 1988 13 were created and IBB cancelled everyone and gave us 2 SDP and NRC under Professor Eme Awa's NEC

people came out to contest there were many of them. Patrick Dele COle, Olusola Saraki, Olabiyi Durojaiye etc

In the 1992 Gubernatorial elections I followed it actively in Oyo state- Kolapo Ishola vs Yekini Adeojo, Osun State- Isiaka "Serubawon" Adeleke vs (This Osogbo born senator), Edo- John Odigie Oyegun(SDP) vs Lucky Igbinedion(NRC), Ondo Bamidele Olumilua, Kwara- was it Sha'aba Lafiagi, ABubakar Audu of Kogi, Ogbonnaya Onu, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Rufus Ada George of Rivers, Felix Ibru in Delta, Saleh Michika of Adamawa, ?

Even I followed Plateau state because my grand parents were there- Fidelis Tapgun vs Bagudu Hirse. That was in 1992.

In 1992 Presidential election when Falae won in Kaduna State but Shehu YarAdua floored him in Oyo and Lagos State. Yar Adua was on the verge of winning SDP ticket while NRC was still tied
Ciroma had 14, Shinkafi- 13, Tukur had 2 states.

Before Babangida brought option A4 and said we needed Newbreed politician
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by alanbolo(m): 4:04am On May 05, 2010
@dayo, thx 4 d renewed vibes.

All in all, we must use our resorces - Informational Archives, to mobilise the unknown and grassroots to reject the re-cycled political breeds.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by favouredjb(f): 10:03am On May 05, 2010
metal-gong:

Honestly,I cant imagine myself as a parent exhibiting this level of stupidity on a public forum as you always do. . .  You must be an old nincompoop!!
Silly Yoruba man.

@mental guy

you are the silly one here,stupid tribalistic man boy
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by favouredjb(f): 12:28pm On May 05, 2010
@dayokanu,am feeling you.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 2:26pm On May 05, 2010
Babangida had no respect for the rule of law. What happened to Dele Giwa?

He brought several programs out just to siphon money

DFFRI, MAMSER, SAP, Peoples Bank, Transitional Commitee.

The workers were so hopeless during IBB's time, Poverty reached its new lows

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The Niger Delta Equal To Ijaw? / Why Didn't The Nominee From Enugu Answer The Question By George Sekibo On Biafra / Ex-minister Obanikoro In Fresh N450m Poll Cash Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.