Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years (953 Views)

Governor Ortom Attacked By Owl In RCCG Church After Supreme Court Judgement / Jimi Agbaje, Ogunlewe, Others Returned To APC Where They Belong – Bode George / Photos Of The Stolen Mace Being Returned To The National Assembly By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by KIDKKY(m): 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
A suspicious package that ended up on the doorstep of a New Jersey church this week turned out to be an unexpected blessing, just in time for Easter.

And when police arrived to ensure everyone at Our Lady of Grace in Hoboken was safe, they discovered it was a special gift nearly 90 years in the making.

Wrapped in brown paper with no return address on the box, the staff found a baby Jesus statue with a note claiming it had been stolen from the Hoboken church in the 1930s.

“To Whom it may concern,

“My Mom told me that the Baby Jesus had been stolen from the church Nativity display at Our Lady of Grace when she was a young girl of about 12 years of age in the early 1930’s.

“It came into her father’s possession somehow, and I don’t know why he didn’t return it.

“Instead, he gave it to my Mother after she was married, and she too kept it until her passing when it came to me.

“Knowing the story, I felt it should be returned to the rightful owner, and you will find it enclosed.”

Rev. Alex Santora said the unexpected return of the 1930’s-era statue is like a gift from above.

“I think it’s a sign that God has graced them to do the right thing,” the pastor said.

Thankfully, the folks at Our Lady of Grace say the statue is the right fit for their nativity scene, where what’s old will soon be new again this Easter season.

(WCBS)

Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by ameri9ja: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
So what is the cause of death that was revealed?
Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
Chai. Use of English. grin
Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by Ebios(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:
i wonder o....English is simple yet difficult to some.
Not everybody understands it.
Op is a good example.
Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by Ebios(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:
I wonder o....English is simple yet difficult to some.
Op is a good example.
Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by ameri9ja: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
Ebios:
i wonder o....English is simple yet difficult to some.
Op is a good example.

Come on OP, defend ya self grin
Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by BankeSmalls(f): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
Did he bring in another 8 year old wife?
Re: Stolen Baby Jesus Statue Returned To Church After Nearly 90 Years by doctokwus: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
So slumping is a cause of death?
Mumu blogger.

(1) (Reply)

Only Magnus Abe Can Win Rivers For APC- Senator Wilson Ake / I Wrote 4 Books In Prison - Obasanjo / "I See Lion, Snakes And Tiger On My Seat" - Dino Melaye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.