Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

How I Was Scammed On Olx - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed On Olx (3776 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / SCAM ALERT: Top 5 Ways Nigerians Get Scammed On Social Media. / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 8:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
i recently bought a 1hp ac indoor unit
so afta searching online for a compressor outdoor unit
i ran into an ad on olx.
i immediately called d nos and a man picked up the phone. After front and back haggling we arrived at 28k as against d 35k written on olx. He was the person doing the calling,he asked me to deposit 15000naira and dat he wud issue receipt so once d delivery man brought the package.i wud balance a payment of 12k(including delivery charges).
was to deliver to ibadan..mind you this was by afta 1pm..he made it clear to me that by latest 5pm the package should have been delivered.he was calling me on both same number i saw on olx and another number.he sent his acct number in text.i paid 5k just to test .he first denied he got alert then later acknwledged it..afta 40mins he called me dat delivery man charges 3k and i have to send it before they can come ova.i said no way why will i do dat wen it is pay on delivery package. so i sensed scam and immediately asked for my refund.he hung up.all before 4pm. i have been calling.he suddenly does not call back.he even said im barking like a dog.. next i call d guy change his tone to a small girls own and said her boss is not around...i call again he said in 30mins.since 7.50pm i have called more than 8times.he dont pick anymore or call back.but when it was time for me to make payment.he was always calling and sounding nice.
i placed a curse dat i wont relent day and night i will pray against him till he enters the grave.
igbos are scams
what a shame.

scammer...operates mostly on olx nigreria.
scammer claims to deal mostly on electronics which are false and non existing.
scammer contact... 09074308154,08167191939
scammer name...godwin richard
bank used to scam me..daimond bank.

he is a scammer
avoid him.
he has been giving me stories since 2pm to refund back the 5k i paid.if he picks he will say
network....charges..im busy..i am sorry.give me 30mins..
then frm thr he dont pick call again.
do not pay for anything.
till u see it.
scam everywhere.
just imagine if i had sent him 50k.
ah he for don dey plan to go beer parlour go shine.
its a pity igbos love scams.
for 5000naira.one old fool has been giving endless excuses since 3pm.

i will attach his ad on olx
and transfer transaction wit him today

1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by greatnaija01: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
WOW I just checked and discovered the NOTICE they usually put in their pages about ensuring we meet the seller in a public place and verifying the product for authenticity IS NO LONGER THERE.

Pls this should be MOVED to Front Page.

I personally do not buy anything outside my city, no matter how cheap or good the deal is. I avoid stories that touch like this...

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
in this country never ever part with money unless the goods have been seen and inspected but on the brighter side you can look at it this way...you paid 5k to get wiser

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
its nt like 5k is huge
but just as a test.u can imagine someone dat calls me with airtel and mtn.
suddenly does not pick or call back.
maybe he went to beer parlour and feeling proud
he will drink.eat.sleep and die.
he had the nerve to tell me that for how much
i am barking like a mad dog.
i jus laugh say nawa o.
see as he dey happy say 5k don enter im acct.
igbo bois to dull sha
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by collinsfhk(m): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dear Op, am yet to understand wht brought abt "igbo" in ur post ...

12 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
he is an igbo man
from his voice.way of communicatinf on phone.
all for 5k he starts insulting me.
90 percent of ads online are scams.
i will keep on praying till he drops dead.
collinsfhk:
Dear Op, am yet to understand why brought abt "igbo" in ur post ...

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by kpakungu001(m): 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
op...withdraw your statement...not all igbos are scammers.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by powerkey: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
he is an igbo man
from his voice.way of communicatinf on phone.
all for 5k he starts insulting me.
90 percent of ads online are scams.
i will keep on praying till he drops dead.

Please withdraw that statement...

Have you ever seen an Igbo answer such names

Op, you're really fantastically foolish..... no wonder the Yoruba demon scammed you his brother..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by aieromon(m): 1:18am On Mar 18, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
its nt like 5k is huge

HoodBillionaire:

i placed a curse dat i wont relent day and night i will pray against him till he enters the grave.

Talk true Mr Billionaire.

The thing pain you wella.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by OneCorner: 1:53am On Mar 18, 2018
so ur brain did not tell u Godwin Richard sounds igbotic and you should trust an Igbo man at your own risk

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 3:37am On Mar 18, 2018
how
5k no pain me na

.my curses are very powerful
na money wey i go use drink beer
d major thing is i have placed a desth curse on him.
sonif he dies for 5k
then d devil loves me
[uote author=powerkey post=65929349]

Please withdraw that statement...

Have you ever seen an Igbo answer such names

Op, you're really fantastically foolish..... no wonder the Yoruba demon scammed you his brother.. [/quote]
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 3:40am On Mar 18, 2018
how na.
5k no be anuthing.
compared to my powerful curses.
baba make d guy spend am.
e go even make my curses more effective.
jus wonder of poverty in naija.
look my pix
wetin person wan use 5k do
shows level of poverty
aieromon:

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 3:41am On Mar 18, 2018
baba na scam na
igbo man job me 5k
i have gone underground.
but calling me foolish.baba respect yourself.
OneCorner:
so ur brain did not tell u Godwin Richard sounds igbotic and you should trust an Igbo man at your own risk
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by Mutemenot(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2018
Greedy Greedy . Most victims of scam are greedy men n women who wants to gain more. shocked

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by anyicash(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2018
You are just being ignorant, you don't know what OLX stands for, you don't know how the platform operates...lemme educate you small...OLX is a platform where buyers and sellers meet.. you must meet the seller or buyer in person before any transaction is completed, you must see what you are buying..don't call Igbos scam by being just foolish and ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 10:30am On Mar 18, 2018
well af come ova it.
like i said 5k na my gen fuel money
and it happened a greedy igbo guy took it.
then when something bad happens to him spiritually
he should note that i am responsible
no one scams me for free
ai jus spent 15k buying food stuffs dis morning
na Gof go punish bubu
15k couldnt grt me much food
nawa o.
i buy my own fuel
pay my own nepa bills
everything na always me
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 10:39am On Mar 18, 2018
im not a noob on this levels
i also run my online store on jiji.
all legit

check out my online store on jiji.com
just search for brand new air nike versatile on jiji.
u will see my ads.all
legit
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by andyanders: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2018
Op,expressing your emotion by accusing an ethnic group of the act, even when you stated that the said scammer also changed his voice to that of a lady, goes to show how foolish you are.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by AkifRusvelt: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
im not a noob on this levels
i also run my online store on jiji.
all legit

check out my online store on jiji.com
just search for brand new air nike versatile on jiji.
u will see my ads.all
legit
The wisest choice to do business on JIJI !
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
lol
not really
i shud af used dah money to top up my fuel tank.at least e go last me one full month on gen
aieromon:

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by thebestprice(m): 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
i recently bought a 1hp ac indoor unit
so afta searching online for a compressor outdoor unit
i ran into an ad on olx.
i immediately called d nos and a man picked up the phone. After front and back haggling we arrived at 28k as against d 35k written on olx. He was the person doing the calling,he asked me to deposit 15000naira and dat he wud issue receipt so once d delivery man brought the package.i wud balance a payment of 12k(including delivery charges).
was to deliver to ibadan..mind you this was by afta 1pm..he made it clear to me that by latest 5pm the package should have been delivered.he was calling me on both same number i saw on olx and another number.he sent his acct number in text.i paid 5k just to test .he first denied he got alert then later acknwledged it..afta 40mins he called me dat delivery man charges 3k and i have to send it before they can come ova.i said no way why will i do dat wen it is pay on delivery package. so i sensed scam and immediately asked for my refund.he hung up.all before 4pm. i have been calling.he suddenly does not call back.he even said im barking like a dog.. next i call d guy change his tone to a small girls own and said her boss is not around...i call again he said in 30mins.since 7.50pm i have called more than 8times.he dont pick anymore or call back.but when it was time for me to make payment.he was always calling and sounding nice.
igbos are scams
what a shame.

scammer...operates mostly on olx nigreria.
scammer claims to deal mostly on electronics which are false and non existing.
scammer contact... 09074308154...
scammer name...godwin richard
bank used to scam me..daimond bank.

he is a scammer
avoid him.
he has been giving me stories since 2pm to refund back the 5k i paid.if he picks he will say
network....charges..im busy..i am sorry.give me 30mins..
then frm thr he dont pick call again.
do not pay for anything.
till u see it.
scam everywhere.
just imagine if i had sent him 50k.
ah he for don dey plan to go beer parlour go shine.
its a pity igbos love scams.
for 5000naira.one old fool has been giving endless excuses since 3pm.

i will attach his ad on olx
and transfer transaction wit him today
your post would've made front-page. but your stereotyping the "igbos" disqualified your narative..
mynd44 lalasticlala would not buy into your bigotry..

who knows,this mooron may be working for jiji by

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
bro i no foolish na
come on.
stop d hate
i big pass 5k
i jus dey pass message.
we spoke ad concluded.
afta i sent 5k as deposit
i was expecting delivery between 3 to 4hrs
it was afta like an hour he called and said delivery man charge extra 3k .so i said i am not paying any dime til it got delivered.i told him to transfer back my 5000 say i no buy again.na to pick calls since den come be issue.
he go say he dey go office
he dey road
another person pick say oga no dey shop
i say nawa o.
onto 5k
see diff formats and excuses
andyanders:
Op,expressing your emotion by accusing an ethnic group of the act, even when you stated that the said scammer also changed his voice to that of a lady, goes to show how foolish you are.
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by kolaaderin: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
kpakungu001:
op...withdraw your statement...not all igbos are scammers.
yes you are very right not all Igbo's are fraudulent but majority are scammers. Yes ooo not all fruadstars but scam lives in them naturally.

But to be sincere with you Op, na you messed up big time, the rules are there and you have flount the rules. You only part with your kobo when you have seen your goods physically, it could be anyone behind the scene, but am sure no scammer would deliberately sound like Igbo man. To my own experience, once you sound like Igbo man behind the phone, I'm done with the business, cos there is 90% tendency the whole thing would end up in scam
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by timifakay(m): 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
SMH
Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Cosplay Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Ipfreely, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo.... Come and see jiji agent ruining olx...
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by LeJeun3: 1:03am On Mar 19, 2018
timifakay:
SMH
Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Cosplay Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Ipfreely, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo.... Come and see jiji agent ruining olx...

This one no get talk.....

Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by kpakungu001(m): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2018
kolaaderin:
yes you are very right not all Igbo's are fraudulent but majority are scammers. Yes ooo not all fruadstars but scam lives in them naturally.

But to be sincere with you Op, na you messed up big time, the rules are there and you have flount the rules. You only part with your kobo when you have seen your goods physically, it could be anyone behind the scene, but am sure no scammer would deliberately sound like Igbo man. To my own experience, once you sound like Igbo man behind the phone, I'm done with the business, cos there is 90% tendency the whole thing would end up in scam
I still won't accept that....not majority of igbos are scammers...we have scammers from all tribes
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2018
i was scammed by an igbo man.
if u want to play.
jus call d numbers .
and say u r in abj dat can he do delivery
then listen to what he has to say
hes last call was by 3pm
since i asked for the refund he has being given stories.i am on the road.bank transfer charges .oga is not around he is charging his phone.my last calls were 8calls on sat evening by 8. till now he nor call back.
he kukuma use im hand buy better powerful curse from me.
kpakungu001:

I still won't accept that....not majority of igbos are scammers...we have scammers from all tribes
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by onward1: 10:21am On Mar 19, 2018
This is another Format used by the G-guys to make money. Local buying and selling format.
#YAHOO beware you are making money while another man cries for the pain.
There is God oooooo!!!
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by onward1: 10:28am On Mar 19, 2018
This is another Format used by the G-guys to make money. Local buying and selling format.
There is God oooooo!!!
Dem don yahoo you bro.....sorry!
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by HoodBillionaire: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
nawa o
onward1:
There is God oooooo!!!
Dem don yahoo you bro.....sorry!
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by DaramolaMike: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
anyicash:
You are just being ignorant, you don't know what OLX stands for, you don't know how the platform operates...lemme educate you small...OLX is a platform where buyers and sellers meet.. you must meet the seller or buyer in person before any transaction is completed, you must see what you are buying..don't call Igbos scam by being just foolish and ignorant.
It's not easier to switch to jiji ?
Re: How I Was Scammed On Olx by okuya: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
That was very stupid of you paying someone u don't know, even in the US sites such as offerup.com would would warn you to meet the person in a public or open place

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sit At Home Unknown Gunmen Roast Two Soldiers This Afternoon VIDEO / Ritual Child Sacrifice Is Alive And Well In 21st Century America / 2 Boys Spraying Money To Crowd From Top Of Car Arrested At Home By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.