Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? (6985 Views)

I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Peacefullove: 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
rottennaija:

In order words, you can't explain them as it doesn't fit into your what you have believed and you cannot explained them away. It's not surprise, I use to believe that nonsense for years.

Seek christ while it's not too late. [s] Be born again if you ever will see God's kingdom. [/s] [/s]

Was Moses Born again, will he make kingdom of God or not ?

Its like something is wrong with your head to to assume everyone who ever quote you is a JW, checking your profile now I can see your obsession with them, I initially didn't comprehend all those questions you asking , infact not until I saw the I belived for years that I came to be like ... What is this guy talking about? Nonsense!

Jesus himself said nobody choose to be born - again ( John 3 vs 8 ) , hehehe Yeshua was teaching nonsense abi ? grin fight it. that's what I wanna let you know . you can ask your pastor on Sunday for more details
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by rottennaija(m): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Peacefullove:

Was Moses Born again, will he make kingdom of God or not ?

Its like something is wrong with your head to to assume everyone who ever quote you is a JW, checking your profile now I can see your obsession with them, I initially didn't comprehend all those questions you asking , infact not until I saw the I belived for years that I came to be like ... What is this guy talking about? Nonsense!

Jesus himself said nobody choose to be born - again ( John 3 vs 8 ) , hehehe Yeshua was teaching nonsense abi ? grin fight it. that's what I wanna let you know . you can ask your pastor on Sunday for more details

The funny part is, I never mentioned or suggested you were a jw, but you picked it up so easily. I guess it's easy to see why. When it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Anyway, whether you like the message or not. Whether it pleases you or not, Jesus said it is a must. I didn't say it.

As for Moses, a different standard will be used for him and the ancient men of God. You live in the Era of christ and Christ uses a different standard for see his kingdom.

And don't think of using the thief nailed to the cross with Jesus to excape the reality of running to Jesus for salvation. As Moses and the other ancient men of God, Jesus had used a different standard to judge him. He was a man of exceeding faith, such a faith that was very rare in Israel to find and Jesus (Yeshua) made him a direct promise. In fact, it can be reasoned that based on 1 Jn 5:1, he was indeed born again.

And No, I'm not going to return insult for insult and you do not need to cross what I have written in order to make your point or lack of. In fact, from my experience, it's only those who lack or are deficient in defending their beliefs that resort to those measures.

What I am discussing is far too important to water it down with insult. Because it means your very life, not just your alone, but those also reading it.

Sharing with Jesus as sons of his father and the heavenly kingdom is open all who would want to grab it. You can either accept it by accepting what Jesus did in our behalf by opening the door for both gentiles and Jews to have an equal standing with God or reject it as the pharisees if Jesus days did.

The choice is yours. I have made mine.

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:51am On Mar 20, 2018
Jozzy4:

Its actually possible to accept Christ as Lord and Savior without necessarily being born again .

John the Baptist belived in Jesus Christ, yet he wasn't born again ... Cos the records said he won't be in the kingdom of heavens ( Mat 11:11)

- Also one of the thief's on Jesus side also accept him as Lord and Saviour , putting faith in him, Yet he wasn't born again because Jesus did not promise him heaven , Instead he promise him paradise ( which every Jew reading the Septuagint knew refers to the Garden of Eden , thus a reference to the New Earth ).

True.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2018
Peacefullove:

The only thing that makes sense In your post is the first sentence. Which I will do

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

A person that is born of the spirit knows/ feel it that it has happened to them just as a person felt the sound of the wind as it blows in their direction .

The statement, you CANNOT TELL where it comes from or where its going shows the person themselves did not control the process , but it was done by The Almighty God . they only felt it.

In light of this, your second question becomes baseless because none of those who has experience this can actually tell how it happened, they only felt it within them that they had been born again.

Trying to explain it is like trying to describe how the wind blows to someone who has never experience or saw the wind .

Its Yeshua whom you call Lord that said so . Not peacefullove .

Sense! I love this .
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:56am On Mar 20, 2018
bedspread:
Just as u accepted HIM as Savior , U accept HIM as LORD...

Yeah Bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2018
rottennaija:

Explain how 1 John 5:1 and 1 John 3 :9 highlight the qualities of a person who has been born again posses and how such qualities is different from other who have not been born again.

The basic difference between a Born again person and another Christian who is not is that a born again will rule as King with Jesus In the Kingdom of God (2 Timothy 2:12)

Even 1John 5;1 highlight that while some are Born from God .There are others who make companionship or love that one who is born from God .

So qualities doesn't make any difference here .

When explaining, include why Jesus would tell someone whom he knew had no control on the matter of being born again, since as you explained is done by God,

Wait, are you disputing this? Despite the other guys succinct explanation of John 3:8.

Who is referred to as the one who ' Caused to be born " in 1John 5:1 ?

Born FROM God , that explains it .

who has no choice in whether he is born again or not that "he must be born again", else he would not see the kingdom of God.

Yes its a must before anyone could rule with Christ in heaven .( 1 Pet 1:3,4) ,

Kingdom of God can also mean "Kingdom.of heavens" in this context . as revealed in 1Pet 1:3,4 those who have the new Birth , have an inheritance in the heavens

No wonder Jesus said John d Baptist won't be in heaven , He wasn't born again ( Matt 11:11 )

But if Nichodemus would ever rule with Christ in the Kingdom of heavens , he Must be born again .

Also, explain Romans 8:14 with John 1:12.

John 1:12 was about those who receive him among his people . and its Not saying Everyone , if its everyone tell me why John the Baptist wasn't included despite his faith ?

Romans 8:14 they are adopted as Gods sons into Gods family .

The whole of mankind has lost that status since Adam sinned .

As a final question, when praying to God in heaven, addressing him as "our father in heaven", do you really feel the son-father relationship (Mt 6:9, compare with Ro 8:14, Jn 1:12, 1 Jn 3:9 and 5:1) or you simply call him our as "Jehovah"? Do you really see yourself as his son? Or you don't actually see him as your "father in heaven" as Jesus and his disciples feel it?

Act 16:28 we are all Gods children by virtue of him been our Creator . so yes there is a Father - Son relationship

But when it comes to being Adopted/ Accepted into Gods family on the basis of Christ ransom , Born agains receive the adoption first , later All creation are accepted into Gods family (Romans 8:21)

If everybody in the world are Born again, and with the hope of ruling as King with Jesus , then it begs the question : on whom will they rule over ? On a desolate and empty new earth ?

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by rottennaija(m): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

The basic difference between a Born again person and another Christian who is not is that a born again will rule as King with Jesus In the Kingdom of God (2 Timothy 2:12)

Even 1John 5;1 highlight that while some are Born from God .There are others who make companionship or love that one who is born from God .

So qualities doesn't make any difference here .

I am not responding to everything you have written. Let me simply ask you.

Question 1.
In reference to 1 John 5:1, you made the claim that there are some sort of companion who love the one born from God. Basically, the said companion is not included among the born again.

(a) So, who are these companion? (b) Is the writer of 1 John included among this companion that 'love those who are born from God'? (we know quite well that the apostles John was the writer of this account).

When responding to (b) above, keep in mine his inspired expressions in 1 Jn 5:2, were he said "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and carry out his commandments. He, the apostles John is included among these we. Also who among his first century Christian are included among the we that love the children of God?

Wait, are you disputing this? Despite the other guys succinct explanation of John 3:8.

Who is referred to as the one who ' Caused to be born " in 1John 5:1 ?

Born FROM God , that explains it .

I have nothing to say here for now. So, let me keep this space for now.

Yes its a must before anyone could rule with Christ in heaven .( 1 Pet 1:3,4) ,

Kingdom of God can also mean "Kingdom.of heavens" in this context . as revealed in 1Pet 1:3,4 those who have the new Birth , have an inheritance in the heavens

No wonder Jesus said John d Baptist won't be in heaven , He wasn't born again ( Matt 11:11 )

But if Nichodemus would ever rule with Christ in the Kingdom of heavens , he Must be born again .

In Jesus direct message to Nicodemus, he said specifically, seeing the kingdom of the heavens, entering into the kingdom of the heavens. He did not deal with who will rule or not or if Nicodemus would rule or not. Nothing in his expression suggest so, so let's not read meaning into or bring some unrelated scriptures into it.

Compare what we have in John 3:3 with Mt 18:3. Is the selection of becoming like a little child also done by God?

John 1:12 was about those who receive him among his people . and its Not saying Everyone , if its everyone tell me why John the Baptist wasn't included despite his faith ?

Romans 8:14 they are adopted as Gods sons into Gods family .

The whole of mankind has lost that status since Adam sinned .

Comparing the said scriptures, John 1:12, 1 John 5:1, Ro 8:14. The common expression we can find in these scriptures suggests "everyone" , "all".

You claimed it meant those among his people.

Questions.
(a) are you a jew or a gentile?
(b) referring to John 1:11,12, did the all include both Jew and gentile? (compare with Eph 2:11-18)
(c) what category do you belong to?
(do) did Jesus say John was not going to heaven or he said the lesser person in the kingdom of God is greater than he is?
(d) are there degree of hierarchy in the kingdom of heaven?

Act 16:28 we are all Gods children by virtue of him been our Creator . so yes there is a Father - Son relationship

But when it comes to being Adopted/ Accepted into Gods family on the basis of Christ ransom , Born agains receive the adoption first , later All creation are accepted into Gods family (Romans 8:21)

If everybody in the world are Born again, and with the hope of ruling as King with Jesus , then it begs the question : on whom will they rule over ? On a desolate and empty new earth ?

please refer to Revelation 20, below are what you will find.

The dead did not return to life until the end of the 1000 year reign of christ. ( v5)

Satan is abyss for 1000 years (v7)
After his release, he will misled those nations, in the 4 corners of the earth, (v8)
After Satan, gog of magog is finally destroyed, then the resurrection occurs, after the 1000 years reign if christ (v11-14)

It then seems evident that Christ doesn't lack who to rule over, both in heaven and in earth. Besides, the Bible is really clear, the great crowd is in heaven( Re 19:1, 7:9-17), Ancient faithful servant of God will have a heavenly reward (He 11:15,16)

Another question for you.

As 1 Co 6:20 and 1 Co 7:23 said, 'you were bought or purchased with a price'. (compare Re 5:9, Ga 3:13-15, 1 Co 6:15-20, 1 Co 7:17-24)

(a) Are you included among those bought with a price?
(b) are the great crowd among those bought with the price?
(c) Did Jesus pay that price for you?
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by CAPTIVATOR: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
rottennaija:

There is a question very vital in this discussion that you omit answering . until its answered, we would just be going round in circles .

Are you disputing the Fact that God himself selects who is born again ?

OR

God doesn't, a person Chooses to be born again by their own will ?
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by rottennaija(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

There is a question very vital in this discussion that you omit answering . until its answered, we would just be going round in circles .

Are you disputing the Fact that God himself selects who is born again ?

OR

God doesn't, a person Chooses to be born again by their own will ?

I was second to comment on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4404492/accepting-jesus-christ-same-thing#65934976

In the link above, I mentioned what it means to be born again. To say again, God does not choose anything. It's an individual that decides if he would be born again or not. It's like when you read Mt 5:3, it's an individual that decides if he will be poor or beggar in spirit, or as New world translations says, Conscious of his or her spiritual needs. It not God that decides for an individual. God has done his work, by sending his son to buy people for him, it's now left for the individual to decide if he would take up that opportunity or not

I think I have clarified it. Please, let's deal with the questions I posted to you.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by rottennaija(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jozzy4:

Its actually possible to accept Christ as Lord and Savior without necessarily being born again .

John the Baptist belived in Jesus Christ, yet he wasn't born again ... Cos the records said he won't be in the kingdom of heavens ( Mat 11:11)

Jesus said, the least in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than John is. He didn't say he would not enter God's kingdom in heaven.

- Also one of the thief's on Jesus side also accept him as Lord and Saviour , putting faith in him, Yet he wasn't born again because Jesus did not promise him heaven , Instead he promise him paradise ( which every Jew reading the Septuagint knew refers to the Garden of Eden , thus a reference to the New Earth ).

How true of a promise would it be for Jesus to promise the thief "you will be with me in paradise" but he would be?

Jesus made a direct promise to the their who had shown exceeding faith. A faith that was difficult to find in Israel.

Keep in mind too, the ancient servant of God will have a heavenly reward. He 11:14-16

The great crowd will also have a heavenly reward (Re 19:1, 7:9-17)

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
rottennaija:

I was second to comment on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4404492/accepting-jesus-christ-same-thing#65934976

In the link above, I mentioned what it means to be born again. To say again, God does not choose anything. It's an individual that decides if he would be born again or not. It's like when you read Mt 5:3, it's an individual that decides if he will be poor or beggar in spirit, or as New world translations says, Conscious of his or her spiritual needs. It not God that decides for an individual. God has done his work, by sending his son to buy people for him, it's now left for the individual to decide if he would take up that opportunity or not

I think I have clarified it. Please, let's deal with the questions I posted to you.

This is the key point of this matter, Explain John 3:8 posted by peacefullove then, which clearly spell it out that someone born from the spirit did not influence the process ?

Why the term " born FROM GOD " or born from above ... If God doesn't direct anything ?
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 2:19am On Jun 05, 2020
pweshboi:
I know most people get confused a whole lot about this topic.
I was discussing repentance with a friend of mine and we got to the hypocrisy part of most Christian's, he made mention of some Christian's that exhibits a religious outward look but in secret they are devil's advocate.
In conclusion he said though accepting Christ is the way to being born again but it's not the same thing and can never be equated with being born again.
Now my question to everyone is , in your own opinion is being born again the same thing as you verbally saying you accept Jesus Christ?

Mods please do the needful and let's hear people's views about this.
Your friend is right!
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2023
pweshboi:
■ I know most people get confused a whole lot about this topic. I was discussing repentance with a friend of mine and we got to the hypocrisy part of most Christian's, he made mention of some Christian's that exhibits a religious outward look but in secret they are devil's advocate. He then later made mention of a part in the Bible matthew 7:21 where Jesus said ' it is not everyone that calls me father father that will enter into the kingdom of God' meaning it is not everyone that lip talk "accepting Jesus" are actually born again. Now his argument is, being born again is of the spiritual and it's more than mere words of one saying they've accepted Christ. In conclusion he said though accepting Christ is the way to being born again but it's not the same thing and can never be equated with being born again.
■ Now my question to everyone is , in your own opinion is being born again the same thing as you verbally saying you accept Jesus Christ? Mods please do the needful and let's hear people's views about this.
1. Your friend is correct in saying that accepting Jesus Christ is only a part of the process of becoming born-again but not the entirety of what it is. undecided

2. Verbal confessing of Jesus Christ mean absolutely nothing in terms of being born-again. You have to instead pay attention to what Jesus Christ Himself taught in regards to being born-again, particularly in John 3 vs 1 - 21. As He explained, to be born-again means to be both born of water and born of Spirit. Both have to take place for one to be born again. undecided

Man was born flesh and blood from his mother's womb. Jesus Christ told you this in His Gospel, affirming what God said in the beginning when He pointed out that man was made from the clay of this earth, not spirit - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7. So in order to become a citizen of the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom where only those who are born of spirit can gain access, a first step in becoming a Son of God and eventually a partaker in the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God, one must first be born-again. And as broken down carefully in His Gospel by Jesus Christ, one must first be born-again before one can then become a citizen of the Kingdom of God.
1 There was a man named Nicodemus, one of the Pharisees. He was an important Jewish leader.
2 One night he came to Jesus and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a teacher sent from God. No one can do these miraculous signs that you do unless they have God’s help.”
3 Jesus answered, “I assure you, everyone must be born again. Anyone who is not born again cannot be in God’s kingdom.”
4 Nicodemus said, “How can a man who is already old be born again? Can he go back into his mother’s womb and be born a second time?”
5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
7 Don’t be surprised that I told you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit.” - John 3 vs 5 - 8
Born of Water — Is an acknowledgment of the message spread by John the Baptist whose call for repentance as found in Matthew 3 vs 2 Jesus Christ was reiterated beginning at the start of His own Kingdom mission, "Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand" found in Matthew 4 vs 7 & Mark 1 vs 15.

As John explained in his conversation with the Pharisees, to be born of water — baptized — there is a need for repentance, a visible transition from following God's Old Law of Moses to following God's New agreement of peace —Jesus Christ. In verse 8 of the passage below, John instructs the Pharisees to change their hearts and show by the way that they live that they have in fact changed from following the Old Way to following the New way — Jesus Christ. undecided
7 Many Pharisees and Sadducees came to where John was baptizing people. When John saw them, he said, “You are all snakes! Who warned you to run from God’s judgment that is coming?
8 Change your hearts! And show by the way you live that you have changed.
9 I know what you are thinking. You want to say, ‘but Abraham is our father!’ That means nothing. I tell you, God could make children for Abraham from these rocks.
10 The ax is now ready to cut down the trees. Every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
[b]11
“I baptize you with water to show that you have changed your hearts and lives. But there is someone coming later who is able to do more than I can. I am not good enough to be the slave who takes off his sandals. - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11
Suffice to say, the kind of repentance God desires is not simply an abandoning of one's sinful ways but more importantly, an abandoning of the hold the Old Law had on one to embrace instead a full commitment to following and abiding by the direct teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ alone. Once one is baptized in water after this, one is said to have concluded the work of obedience necessary for one to be Born of water. undecided
Born of Spirit(Eternal Life) - In John 3 vs 16, Jesus Christ elucidated that all those who believe in Him will receive Eternal Life in place of the condemnation of Death which they formerly lived under as a result of God's judgment against sinners of Old - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The Spirit of Eternal life, the spirit those who are in fact born again are born of, as described by Jesus Christ in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 is not a passive spirit. Rather, He is an uncontrollable invasion of those of the individual who is born of Him — a possession so to speak. This can be vividly seen in what Jesus Christ said of those who are born of the Spirit of Life in John 3 vs 5 - 8 undecided
7 A woman from Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.”
8 (For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.)
9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “How is it that you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a woman of Samaria?” (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)
10 Jesus answered, “You don’t know what God can give you. And you don’t know who I am, the one who asked you for a drink. If you knew, you would have asked me, and I would have given you living water.”
11 The woman said, “Sir, where will you get that living water? The well is very deep, and you have nothing to get water with.
12 Are you greater than our ancestor Jacob? He is the one who gave us this well. He drank from it himself, and his sons and all his animals drank from it too.”
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.
14 But anyone who drinks the water I give will never be thirsty again. The water I give people will be like a spring flowing inside them. It will bring them eternal life.”
15 The woman said to Jesus, “Sir, give me this water. Then I will never be thirsty again and won’t have to come back here to get more water.” - John 4 vs 7 - 15
In the above passage, Jesus Christ equally describes the Spirit of Eternal life as living water on the inside of those who drink from Him again implying that one does not get a passive spirit but a conscious spirit wielding power inside of them when born of Spirit.

The born-again process is clearly not of the mind but of acts of obedience and also of invasion by the controlling power of the Spirit of Eternal Life who then guides one into the Kingdom of God where eventually — if one continues in submission and obedience — one is able to become a son of God, moving on to attain righteous by seeking first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and God's righteousness as commanded by Jesus Christ. However, none of this will be possible if one is not first born-again.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
rottennaija:
■ Two scriptures answers the question. 1 John 5:1 and 1 John 3:9. Infact, the book of 1 John discusses so much about being born again than other scriptures. It has to do with two things,
1.accepting christ in our lives, which includes having faith in him, publicly declaring that faith through baptism and
2. Not carrying in sins anymore.
The above is the true meaning of being born again or born from above. A lot of Christians actually do one part but are never really born from above they many carry on sins.
1. Jesus Christ instead discussed what it means to be born-again in John 3 vs 1 - 21 by breaking down the details as they should be known. According to Jesus Christ, to be born again means to be born of water and born of Spirit. None of that requires your public profession of faith no your not carrying sin anymore. This means that what is described in John's letter which you reference isn't the born-again process but something else. This makes sense since John's letter is in fact addressed to those who already believe in Jesus Christ and are hence previously born-again. undecided
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by rottennaija(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ instead discussed what it means to be born-again in John 3 vs 1 - 21 by breaking down the details as they should be known. According to Jesus Christ, to be born again means to be born of water and born of Spirit. None of that requires your public profession of faith no your not carrying sin anymore. This means that what is described in John's letter which you reference isn't the born-again process but something else. This makes sense since John's letter is in fact addressed to those who already believe in Jesus Christ and are hence previously born-again. undecided

Guy, go and explain this to idiots. I don't have time for these
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On May 13, 2023
rottennaija:
Guy, go and explain this to idiots. I don't have time for these
undecided
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkiee: 4:54pm On May 15, 2023
marunga:
Too much different: Being born again is being born again. Accepting is accepting now.
I concur! It is possible to be born-again and still reject many of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments as is the case with those who are considered enemies of God. undecided
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On May 26, 2023
bedspread:
Accepting JESUS CHRIST confirms on you that you are Born again.
Praise GOD
That is not the case. Acceptance refers to putting one's trust in the Word and Truth of Jesus Christ and obeying them. The act of being born-again happens to be one of the many teachings and commandments that one who accepts Jesus Christ submits to. undecided
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On May 27, 2023
Pvin:
■ Sin Sin Sin Imagine the world without sin Bored or Lively? Man know yourself
It is only those who are interested in being a part of God's Kingdom that need to concern themselves with the idea of sin(disobedience of God's direct teachings and commandments). undecided
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On May 28, 2023
Mrchippychappy:
John 14:6

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.""
You can't do one without the other.
Many who go on to become born-again eventually reject Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Learnt In Church Today ? / How Can I Read The Bible Well? / Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.