Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Are Nigerian Police Truly Our Friends? Read This Article To Know. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are Nigerian Police Truly Our Friends? Read This Article To Know. (379 Views)

FRAUD: Why Are Nigerian Men Doing This? [Picture] / You Need To See This Article About The Media Blackout On Corona Virus Part 2 / 60% Of Sex Workers In Italy Are Nigerian Girls – Oasis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Police Truly Our Friends? Read This Article To Know. by AbuUbayy1(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2018
THE NIGERIA POLICE: FRIENDS OR FOES?
BY
SANNI KAY. YUSUF

“What offence have I committed? But I have done you no wrong…!” “Come on, shut up your mouth! Throw him inside the vehicle!” Such was the cacophony that drove everyone out of the mosque that memorable morning. It was some men of the Nigeria police and a civilian who left the mosque after the Subh (dawn) prayer. The imam in all frantic efforts tried convincing the black-clothed nitwits that the young man just left the mosque. As habitual of the ninnies, guns were pointed at the crowd, perhaps to scare them to their heels which they all did without a second thought. But the imam fearlessly stood tall against the storm – he didn’t move an inch. What a leader to behold!

“I know this young man very well. He is a responsible member of the community. Can you please tell me the offence he has committed?” probed the brave imam. Bitterly, not minding his age and status, the response he got was a hard, callous push into the vehicle together with the young man. Within a twinkle of an eye, they had found themselves in SARS custody where they were portrayed as drug dealers and wraps of Indian hemp were displayed before them and many other innocent Nigerians to turn mendacity into veracity. They were videoed, and within twenty-four hours, they had been arraigned as though they truly were criminals. The release of the imam after some days took the intervention of high profile Nigerians whose cry could not be resisted. What about other hundreds of poor, innocent souls still unjustly languishing in jail till the moment?

Such is the satanic, vicious, luciferous way men of the Nigeria police carry out their duties. They claim deceptively and sanctimoniously that policemen are friends of the masses. But with what they are known for, they are nothing but foes to the people. With impunity, the Nigeria police punish and kill the Nigerian masses for no just cause. They are supposed to be people’s protectors, but they are vampires to be protected from. They are inflictors of pains and agony to the people that should be protected by them. They are demons in human look. They apparently belong to the jungle for famished animals to feed on. Did you say I am being emotive? Of course, yes! Why won’t I? Haven’t we been pushed to the wall? Those who have been badly affected will appreciate this emotiveness better. I have once suffered the same agony for no just factor. For hours, I was detained in their smelling blackmaria vehicle. In a country where the police get to receive people’s curses, not only on a daily basis, but on a secondly, minutely interval, the security therein will undoubtedly end up in shambles. And apparently, such is the ugly, lamentable situation we have found ourselves.

Aside a countable few who conscientiously discharge their duties, many Nigerian policemen have always suffered a mysterious end. They wallow in endless penury despite reaping people off at any slightest opportunity. They extort not only the affluent, but also those who have less or no influence in the society – the downtrodden who need help. Whenever the Nigeria police parade criminals on air without a confessional word from the alleged, I don’t believe them, for such may be like the scenario aforementioned.

A few months ago when 2017 was heading towards its tail, some news broke out that the Nigeria police had paraded hundreds of Badoo cult suspects in Ikorodu. I was sad because it was a scripted raid of innocent people. The case of a father and a son who were arrested is still fresh in memory. While the son was arrested and being dragged at the frontage of his residence, the father shouted and insisted that his son would not go with the draconian raiders. That resistance of oppression led to his arrest alongside his son. So all we heard in the news the next day was that the man and his son were Badoo cultists. Our deranged police officers will go to people’s houses, pick them up forcefully and label them criminals. This is what they do. And no one does this except the accursed.

Nigerian policemen are slaves of money. Only those who have money do get justice. Give them money, you will win, even when you are glaringly supposed to lose. If they are offered no penny, you are automatically a loser, even when you are supposed to be an apparent winner. They are shameless goats clad in human flesh. They can take money from anyone – a leper inclusive. Our policemen are wicked. They are merciless. They are animalistic.

They say bail is free. But no one has ever been granted free bail. With the Nigeria police, bail is business. You have to pay even if you are as guiltless, sinless as a newborn. They are enemies of the people, not friends.
Watch out for episode two.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Truly Our Friends? Read This Article To Know. by andyanders: 11:08am On Mar 18, 2018
You should know by now that most of those recruited to the police service, were mostly street criminals before joining the police. They have no human sympathy in them. They are just an official armed robbers. Only the few educated ones are human. Those with less educational qualification are the ones giving the police the bad name. It is high time only graduates from higher institutions are been recruited and sent on special training. With the kind of SARS officers on ground now, we will still be subjected to intimidation,killing,robbery and extortion.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Truly Our Friends? Read This Article To Know. by horia: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
it's his story and would not make me know if the police is my friend.

(1) (Reply)

Mother Exchanges 4-year-old Daughter For N100 Debt In Ebonyi / 77 Facts About Cyber Crimes One Should Know In 2018 / 17-year-old Girl Allegedly Swallows Poison In Suicide Bid, Police Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.