Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe (15155 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Defection: APC Rejects Godsday Orubebe / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by ZombieTAMER: 7:57am On Mar 19, 2018
This fool should go and take a back seat

Crying because he is inconsequential in the party
Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Drabrah(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2018
If this is coming frm d ever-loyal Orubebe, then it's high time PDP woke up frm it's unduly prolonged sleeping

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by israelmao(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2018
I remember how demented this man was as GEJ started losing to Buhari in 2015.He shouted:"Jega you are bias"

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by kenodrill: 8:03am On Mar 19, 2018
Am sure he's referring to the likes of wike,fayose etc

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Onyemabright(m): 8:04am On Mar 19, 2018
odiks:
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain and former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Godsday Orubebe, has urged the party to embrace urgent reforms to prevent its demise.

He lamented that the PDP “is still lost in depression and suffering from a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), adding that the platform had crossed the bridge from pride to shame.”

Orubebe noted that imposition, impunity, arrogance and greed were responsible for the party’s electoral defeat in 2015, stressing that the crisis rocking the platform was compounded by the mishandling of its last national convention.

The party stalwart, who caused a stir during the collation of the 2015 presidential election results by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abuja, said the PDP would need vigour, courage and sustainable ideas to bounce back to reckoning.

In an open letter to the PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, published in this edition, the former minister said the party must accept that it made mistakes while in power for 16 years.

Chiding the party for not living up to expectation as a leading opposition platform, he said: “We have gone from a PARTY of Pride to a PARTY of SHAME and Gradually Receding into the ABYSS of political reality. For the simple reason that the nation is witnessing calls for the rise of a “third force,” we are fast becoming a Shadow of Ourselves.”

In Orubebe’s reckoning, the PDP had regressed to the same imposition, impunity, arrogance and greed that heralded its electoral misfortune, adding that its leaders are not building a culture of democratic representation.

Referring to the domineering role of the PDP governors, he said “the party is gradually coming under the control of certain individuals, who are exhibiting dangerous levels of undemocratic behaviours.”

The former minister said unless the grandstanding and imposition gave way to a healthy competition, the party could avert a looming doom.

He said the party should be liberated from the jaw of its exclusive funders, who have held it hostage.

Orubebe said: One of the biggest challenges that the PDP faces is balancing its needs for funding with established egalitarian values and internal systems. If the party continues to be held hostage by few major donors, it will continue to find it difficult to instil the values that will endear us Nigerians.

“We must take our appeal to Nigerians and through our reforms, let the party truly become a people-funded party. Small donations from millions of Nigerians will go a long way in the party’s financial requirements and will create the necessary atmosphere for true ownership among members of the party.”

Urging the party leadership to embrace reforms, Orubebe said the leadership should re-organise to break down the silos of loyalty and allegiance within the party.

He added: “It is my expectation that the necessary reforms will be put in place before it is too late to salvage what we have left.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-descending-party-shame-says-orubebe/

ORUBEBE I WILL NOT TAKE IT

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Almoner1: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2018
So this Orubebe is not ashamed of himself, he is still making public comments? Well, whether PDP or SDP, they are still the same corrupt elements. Buhari/Osinbajo remaisn our choice for 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Ngokafor(f): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2018
Dis-oriented APC zombies are already w***king on Orubebe's words cheesy..such desperate souls embarassed

..Will that stop their god buhari from being the most useless president in the history of this country??..No!

#backtodaura.
Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by dangwarmai(m): 8:26am On Mar 19, 2018
This post made my day. Thank you. Mr. Orubebe YOU CAN NOT CONTINUE!

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by desgiezd(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2018
It is good that this kind of call is coming from within the Party.

PDP, immediately after that court judgment that brought them back to life, rather than carry out some serious reforms and reorganization of the Party and it's internal processes, it is the shouting of regaining power in 2019 that they chose as their main focus.

Personally, I do not think the present Party Chairman and his backers are capable of turning the Party around for good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by mrsfavour(f): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2018
post=65959411:

Lol, Oya take it......
u guys are just so funny.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by GavelSlam: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2018
For once Orubebe has spoken dispassionately and truthfully.

Indeed, Buhari has a way of resetting the thinking of Nigerians whether they like him or not.

This is a stark warning to PDP but as usual they would ignore it because those paying the piper are requesting reggae when blues is highly needed.

I trust the usual dolts and numbskulls would throw invectives and jibes but we know the bell is tolling.
The deaf would remain deaf.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by maestroferddi: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2018
What do you expect to read from The Nation?

A newspaper infamous for falsehood, propaganda and slanted reportage...
Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by python1: 8:54am On Mar 19, 2018
GavelSlam:
For once Orubebe has spoken dispassionately and truthfully.

Indeed, Buhari has a way of resetting the thinking of Nigerians whether they like him or not.

This is a stark warning to PDP but as usual they would ignore it because those paying the piper are requesting reggae when blues is highly needed.

I trust the usual dolts and numbskulls would throw invectives and jibes but we know the bell is tolling.
The deaf would remain deaf.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Charly68: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmm ,this party offended God & not man,if they don't seek God's face for mercy,I doubt if they can turn anything around for Good in the party..they will ever agree...they took Jonathan's money and worked against him..the same way some people will ask Buhari to pay and they will use the money to mobilize against him and the cycle of betrayal will continue..

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by focus7: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2018
Sokundo is running the party on Wike's wisdom, he takes instruction from him.

PDPhas become Wike's enterprises.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2018
"We will not take it!
Jega is tribalistic, he is selective and partial!
We will not take it!

Please don't come near me!

He is partial!

Until he does something to our protest!
We will not take it!

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by NonsoWow: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2018
I agree with orubebe. They should all move to SDP where there is a little glimmer of hope.

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by GMbuharii: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2018
python1:

Okay, I can see you have many ways of coding your creation, such a nice way though. Now modify your post and report me for derailing, abi no be the plan be dat?

chai! By their fruits,ye shall know them. grin

All my enemies shall confess and ... by thanda

grin grin

All CnWs frm uganda shall lagoonate,insha lalau,ammeenaaa grin
Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by python1: 10:24am On Mar 19, 2018
GMbuharii:

chai! By their fruits,ye shall know them. grin

All my enemies shall confess and ... by thanda

grin grin

All CnWs frm uganda shall lagoonate,insha lalau,ammeenaaa grin
But is it that this "engineer" doesn't know how to use the follow button?

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 19, 2018
Rivers State don suffer o.
Wike accused Amaechi of using Rivers state's money to fund Buhari and now, He (Wike) "the alleged saviour and corrupt free politician" is using the same state's money to fund PDP.
Who do Rivers state this thing?
In all of these, the Rivers people are at the receiving end.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: INEC Appoints Adesua, Ebuka, Cobhams, Ayefele As Ambassadors / Buhari Is A Hypocrite Who Described OBJ As A Patriot For Letter To GEJ - Reno / FG moves to revive Enugu coal mines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.