Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers (21337 Views)

Small Doctor Joins Bleaching Cream Gang - Shows Off His New Colour / Beverly Osu And A Topless Lady At Calabar Carnival (Photo) / Fans Slam Beverly Osu Over Open Chest Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Promiseisaac(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2018
as if she no get cream for house
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by ndubueze92(m): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:
I just love Beverly. It’s so annoying that colorism exists within black people only. You would meet a black guy and you would be wondering if he is interested in dating black girls.
No wonder we be looking like Paino keys in this country. Women are white, Men are black.
I don't know why that happens, when I was much younger in the University, I only looked at fair girls until my cousin sister, told me it was bad. I'm a changed person now.... I'm black and black is pretty....
You're pretty too.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by izzyboi(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hello all Please you need to check this out... So urgent please www.didyouknowthesefacts.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Viicfuntop(f): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
ndubueze92:
I don't know why that happens, when I was much younger in the University, I only looked at fair girls until my cousin sister, told me it was bad. I'm a changed person now.... I'm black and black is pretty....
You're pretty too.

Thanks. We really can’t blame ourselves when we see ourselves liking people with a fairer complexion. The society has played a huge role in colorism. From using girls of mixed heritage/mulattos in music videos and most times very light skin girls or using very light skin girls in soap adverts. There are just countless to say, so until we start feeling comfortable in our dark skin, the bleaching cream company would continue to get saturated.

2 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
Good for her, thats how one bros replied me when I told him black is beautiful he said "but fair is attractive ".

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by agarawu23(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
OneSentence:
I like the fact that your are black and proud. if only people know what they mix in these so-called toning creams. it baffles me when someone says I'm not bleaching o...i'm just toning my skin...or...I just want to bring out my natural colour
asin eh.........its annoying small small girls Wasting their money on cream.

Most times i forget to rub cream sef.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by agarawu23(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Thanks. We really can’t blame ourselves when we see ourselves liking people with a fairer complexion. The society has played a huge role in colorism. From using girls of mixed heritage/mulattos in music videos and most times very light skin girls or using very light skin girls in soap adverts. There are just countless to say, so until we start feeling comfortable in our dark skin, the bleaching cream company would continue to get saturated.
its this your own reasons to encourage bleaching?

2 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Viicfuntop(f): 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
agarawu23:
its this your own reasons to encourage bleaching?

I find it irritating when I read shit like this. Tell me you don’t understand something instead of being lazy intellectually
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by ddjay: 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
forreelinc:
angry she no even fine sef
grin
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Xano(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
judecares1:
80% OF LAGOSIANS USE BLEACHING CREAM

True, but Abj ladies bleach more. More like Dulux paint after screeding. Siblings and parents who don't resemble them.

It's unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Ennny(f): 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
USU OGWU.

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Petonis(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
forreelinc:
We see u wey fine
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by ekmike(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
You spoke well Beverly. For once I give you thumbs up for maintaining your dark skin.

2 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Igba123: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
forreelinc:
it's a lie. She's ravishingly beautiful.

4 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by bebiee(f): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
jonero4:
ur name followed u..BEVERLY USU(bat)

Her name isn't usu, so what are you saying? undecided
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Sunsets: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ur mumu neva do? see as e dey folo u about
jonero4:
ur name followed u..BEVERLY USU(bat)
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by airsaylongcon: 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
lotusbeta:
I wonder if she really uses shea butter and adi-agbon.

Your business growth depends on the wise actions you take today. Be safe, be secure. Migrate to Microsoft AZURE today. Talk to us
Lotus Beta Analytics Nig Ltd

Tell me more about this Microsoft Azure. What's it equivalent on *nix Servers?
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by lotusbeta: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Tell me more about this Microsoft Azure. What's it equivalent on *nix Servers?

Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform. It can serve also as a host and even the UNiX server can be provisioned on it. Holler at us for more.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by ImaIma1(f): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
I feel you Bev. For some inevitable reason i went a shade darker. I asked a friend for a good cream and soap to use but not bleaching. The person she introduced me to listed

exfoliating soap,

neck and face cream

Day cream.

Night cream.

And she said it is all natural..."powered by nature and guided by science".

No point starting what i cannot finish
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
Fake hair, fake nails, fake breats, fake eye lashes, fake bottom and bleaching cream. they are all in the same category.

If any African/black woman wears all of the Above. she is not real.

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by neezar: 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:
I just love Beverly. It’s so annoying that colorism exists within black people only. You would meet a black guy and you would be wondering if he is interested in dating black girls.
No wonder we be looking like Paino keys in this country. Women are white, Men are black.
madam
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:
No wonder we be looking like Paino keys in this vcountry. Women are white, Men are black.

I don't agree that it is men that make women bleach. Many women on their own like light skin. They need to take responsibility for their choice.
You know why I say this? Women are bleaching their babies now. Are they doing that for men also? The new one they reported some days ago is that women now take pills to bleach their unborn children.
They should take responsibility for their actions. There is nothing wrong in admitting that you like fair skin.

I personally don't see colour, but I see booty anywhere it is hiding, no matter the colour. And I will choose it over color anyday, if looks were all that matterd. There are so many things that can attract men to you that women would never do. For one, agree to date guys who are broker and see if you won't be spoilt for choice. But women struggle to do so. Men would love it. But ladies don't. Why? Because you love your fair skin but you don't like brokeness.
It is your right to reject and embrace anything. Don't put it on anybody's head.

2 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Viicfuntop(f): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
WORLDPEACE:

I don't agree that it is men that make women bleach. Many women on their own like light skin. They need to take responsibility for their choice.
You know why I say this? Women are bleaching their babies now. Are they doing that for men also? The new one they reported some days ago is that women now take pills to bleach their unborn children.
They should take responsibility for their actions. There is nothing wrong in admitting that you like fair skin.

I personally don't see colour, but I see booty anywhere it is hiding, no matter the colour. And I will choose it over color anyday, if looks were all that matterd. There are so many things that can attract men to you that women would never do. For one, agree to date guys who are broker and see if you won't be spoilt for choice. But women struggle to do so. Men would love it. But ladies don't. Why? Because you love your fair skin but you don't like brokeness.
It is your right to reject and embrace anything. Don't put it on anybody's head.

Hey, I am not trying to say that men are responsible for women bleaching. I was just trying to pass a point. The truth is that most Nigerian guys find dark girls gorgeous but they would prefer a lighter skin, and there is nothing wrong with that either. The thing is that most of these girls that bleach have low self esteem or they feel that they are ugly with that skin colour.
So where do they get that feeling from? The society. Pls I communicated my point without being rude, I’ll suggest you do the same also. Thanks
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Hey, I am not trying to say that men are responsible for women bleaching. I was just trying to pass a point. The truth is that most Nigerian guys find dark girls gorgeous but they would prefer a lighter skin, and there is nothing wrong with that either. The thing is that most of these girls that bleach have low self esteem or they feel that they are ugly with that skin colour.
So where do they get that feeling from? The society. Pls I communicated my point without being rude, I’ll suggest you do the same also. Thanks
I think my tone was passionate, not rude. It's not my style. You can look at my posts before now.

I don't know about "most Nigerian men" sha. I have a clique of maybe eight friends and I have never heard a single one of them say "I would prefer a fair girl over a dark one". But I know their preferences in the eternal breast vs booty war. I know the ones who prefer bobby to backyard and the ones who are neutral.Some of them are married while some are single. All the five married ones are married to dark girls.

Women are always sure of what men like. They listen to their fellow women. They should listen to men. That belief in the society that light skin is better is promoted mostly by women.

2 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by ndubueze92(m): 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:

100% truth. Really, I don't get it! This is Africa, a tropic. I don't understand why people should indulge in bleaching knowing fully well that it isn't going to be conducive for them with regards to the weather and the environment.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by OyinO: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ignore the messenger, listen to the message.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Viicfuntop(f): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
WORLDPEACE:

I think my tone was passionate, not rude. It's not my style. You can look at my posts before now.

I don't know about "most Nigerian men" sha. I have a clique of maybe eight friends and I have never heard a single one of them say "I would prefer a fair girl over a dark one". But I know their preferences in the eternal breast vs booty war. I know the ones who prefer bobby to backyard and the ones who are neutral.Some of them are married while some are single. All the five married ones are married to dark girls.

Women are always sure of what men like. They listen to their fellow women. They should listen to men. That belief in the society that light skin is better is promoted mostly by women.

It’s going to take a while for that belief to be ancient. When I was a teenager, I used to be attracted to guys with lighter skin colour(because honestly I thought they were better looking and Black was ugly) and I am dark, but as I grew older, I realized it was just me being shallow. From watching adverts like Lux soap, delta soap, of course that was enough to make Nigerian women bleach. Until the society starts being fair in what they portray, Nigeria won’t be far from having an all white women nation. I believe you understand my point now.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Viicfuntop(f): 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
ndubueze92:
100% truth. Really, I don't get it! This is Africa, a tropic. I don't understand why people should indulge in bleaching knowing fully well that it isn't going to be conducive for them with regards to the weather and the environment.

Again whatever rocks their boat. Everyone should do whatever they want. Life is too short to be unhappy grin
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by ndubueze92(m): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Again whatever rocks their boat. Everyone should do whatever they want. Life is too short to be unhappy grin
Unhappy with your natural skin color? It's okay, it's alright.

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
Viicfuntop:

It’s going to take a while for that belief to be ancient. When I was a teenager, I used to be attracted to guys with lighter skin colour(because honestly I thought they were better looking and Black was ugly) and I am dark, but as I grew older, I realized it was just me being shallow. From watching adverts like Lux soap, delta soap, of course that was enough to make Nigerian women bleach. Until the society starts being fair in what they portray, Nigeria won’t be far from having an all white women nation. I believe you understand my point now.

So neither Agbani Darego nor Oluchi count in this?
It is the nameless girls in those adverts you remember.

And funny, most girls I have met prefer dark guys.

Please, don't get me wrong o. I am not a light skin hater. But women generally don't even know what good skin is because they are so fixated on light skins.
Me I see skin types, not colour. I know normal, oily and dry skin. I love people that have normal skin and I think people should work towards making their's normal. If you eat good food with a lot of fruits and vegetables and spend most of your day in an air conditioned place, in a year, the difference will show.
Have you paid attention to how those banker guys generally have heallthy looking skins even when they are dark?

Every thing is just cream, cream, cream. Crowd mentality, laziness and ignorance are the problem.
Re: Beverly Osu Calls Out Bleaching Cream Manufacturers And Sellers by Viicfuntop(f): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
ndubueze92:
Unhappy with your natural skin color? It's okay, it's alright.

No I meant the people bleaching

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adediwura Adesegba Celebrates Her 40th Birthday With 28 Cakes (Photos) / Halima Abubakar 33rd Birthday Celebration On Set With Zack Orji, Uche Elendu / DJ Cuppy Pictured With Popular Deejays In London. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.