Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. (5202 Views)

Army Raids Plateau Fulani Settlers, Burns 100 Homes After 2 Soldiers Were Killed / Nigerian Army Opens Up On Why Soldiers Were Sent To COZA Headquarters / Only Igbo Soldiers Were Sent To Fight Boko Haram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by SakuraSimiola: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
The Igbo hatred on this place.

And we wonder why they want Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by ihitenansa: 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
from what i read here, nigeria has a veeery long way to go.

ppl rationalising and gloating over the unjust murder of infants and women....

i smh!

3 Likes

Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by DejiSantos: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
It is very sad.

ihitenansa:

i smh!

1 Like

Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by DejiSantos: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
Exactly.

Can you imagine our countrymen are justifying starving children.

SakuraSimiola:

Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by SakuraSimiola: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
The comments on this make me sad.

There is no united Nigeria.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
SakuraSimiola:

Why are you ashamed of your igbo identity. Trying to be Yoruba here is just pathetic as you deceive no one but yourself. We are used to your camelionic nature.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
DeeMain:

Beautiful nonsense. All warped logic and zero heart.

You sir is the definition of a seared callous mind.

For your information Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ironsi or even the coup plotters' sins do not represent the Igbo nation's sins just like Jonathan's sins did not represent that of the entire Ijaw nation.

These people were humans that made mistakes, erred and had weaknesses just like Obafemi Awolowo and the rest of us. Stop equating the wisdom or lack of it and the mistakes of one man or a group of men to that of their whole tribe.

It's this sort of tribal stereotype and propaganda that led to the pogrom and the subsequent civil war which we are still on the aftermath till this day.

Do well to find your lost humanity young man. Feel. Empathize. Swap places. Use your brain to make the world a better place.

The way you ibos reason amaze me. You ignored the idiot that dragged Yoruba into this conversation and start blaming someone trying to defend his identity.

If you don't want the sin of a man to be blamed on the whole tribe, why do you guys blame yoruba for the actions of Awolowo?

Hypocrisy I guess.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
ihitenansa:

i smh!

And you think the biafrans didn't commit any atrocity?

It was a war and both sides suffered casualties. Deal with it and move on.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
DejiSantos:
It is very sad.

Ibo man. You didn't see gidygidy dragged Yoruba into this?

You didn't see Yoruba hatred only igbo hatred Mr impostor.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by DeeMain(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

The way you ibos reason amaze me. You ignored the idiot that dragged Yoruba into this conversation and start blaming someone trying to defend his identity.

If you don't want the sin of a man to be blamed on the whole tribe, why do you guys blame yoruba for the actions of Awolowo?

Hypocrisy I guess.

I think I captured your thoughts in my post. It shouldn't be the case. I don't advocate for generalizations.

But remember the Igbo nation lost 3 million and survived genocide and therefore feel outraged and betrayed by what instigated the war: that the sins of a few were visited on the many and are, therefore, sometimes irrational or emotional or lashes out left right and centre online to 'hurt' back the others especially when there was no apology, remorse or truth and reconciliation and some are even gloating or threatening a repeat. The Igbo nation's response is what I will expect any traumatized person to do. So I am not surprised. As it is for an individual, so it is for a nation.

I will prefer, though, the Igbo nation heals itself of that war and forgive the others without preconditions in other to fulfill its full potentials. My 2kobo
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
DeeMain:

I think I captured your thoughts in my post. It shouldn't be the case. I don't advocate for generalizations.

But remember the Igbo nation lost 3 million and survived genocide and therefore feel outraged and betrayed by what instigated the war: that the sins of a few were visited on the many and are, therefore, sometimes irrational or emotional or lashes out left right and centre online to 'hurt' back the others especially when there was no apology, remorse or truth and reconciliation and some are even gloating or threatening a repeat. The Igbo nation's response is what I will expect any traumatized person to do. So I am not surprised. As it is for an individual, so it is for a nation.

I will prefer, though, the Igbo nation heals itself of that war and forgive the others without preconditions in other to fulfill its full potentials. My 2kobo

Until the igbo nation own up to their atrocities that led to the war in the first place, I have no remorse for them.

They instigated the war and committed so many murder in the war. Some of us are not kids and know our history. Crying victim won't cut it for me. They started the war and should bear the consequences.

Nnamdi kanu would have caused another war if not for the wisdom of buhari that quickly kept him in his place. Forget peaceful agitation, those guys mean war. You need to listen to radio biafra in 2015 and see the video where he was soliciting for arms. They cahnged their tune when they couldn't get the needed support to cause major mayhem but the way he was going, he would have caused crisis in the country.

Nobody owes ibos any apology. Nigerians died in the war. Sometimes they even boast of killing more Nigerian soldiers when it suits them to chest beat.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by DeeMain(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Until the igbo nation own up to their atrocities that led to the war in the first place, I have no remorse for them.

They instigated the war and committed so many murder in the war. Some of us are not kids and know our history. Crying victim won't cut it for me. They started the war and should bear the consequences.

Nnamdi kanu would have caused another war if not for the wisdom of buhari that quickly kept him in his place. Forget peaceful agitation, those guys mean war. You need to listen to radio biafra in 2015 and see the video where he was soliciting for arms. They cahnged their tune when they couldn't get the needed support to cause major mayhem but the way he was going, he would have caused crisis in the country.

Nobody owes ibos any apology. Nigerians died in the war. Sometimes they even boast of killing more Nigerian soldiers when it suits them to chest beat.

Good bye man.
Re: Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. by Uchek(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2018
Throwback:

Your greed led you to a position where you had to fight.

Yorubas are not backbones to serve the purpose of the Igbos or come to their rescue after fomenting trouble.

Azikiwe was in control of his full senses when he ensured that Nigeria will not have a secession clause, and that such a move would only be settled by war. If only he knew he was sealing the fate of his own people.

You never remembered your Yoruba partners in NCNC when it came to sharing the juicy spoils from your partnership with the North. Yet with greed you wanted more and thought best to eliminate political and military leaders from other regions except yours.

Rather than be grateful that the Yorubas were civilized enough not to have their own pogrom against you in their region, your delusional entitlement makes you expectant that the Yorubas will lay down their life to protect you in the crisis you caused.

You have never been useful to us, we do not owe you any delusional loyalty after an alliance gone wrong with your Northern partners.

"Azikiwe was in control of his full senses when he ensured that Nigeria will not have a secession clause, and that such a move would only be settled by war. If only he knew he was sealing the fate of his own people."

Mr Throwback, please can you educate me how Zik secession clause could have prevented Biafran Civil War?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu PDP Hold Rally In Igbo-etiti LG, Nwodo, Itanyi Commend Ugwuanyi, Back PDP / Nddc Md Gets N523m Annual Salary / Nigerians In The Diaspora Have No Responsibility To The Development Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.