Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) (35723 Views)

WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by fk001(m): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
He need to rest small
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by zicoraads: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:
I wanted to say RIP...
But then he's White man!

Aint no saying sh*t to a White man! undecided
This is not good.

I attended GSS Minna. I remember when Cyril Stober came back for our golden jubilee. I know how he bowed down to pay homage. I know the old men and women who bowed down and greeted Father. Father is a legend.

What this man has done, very few Nigerians have done. This man gave so much to this country. The number of people he moulded and built.

In some few weeks time we'll line up in Minna to pay our last respect. When we do, there'll be upright men and women from every single part of this country who have excelled in whatever profession they chose. Father moulded and built us, brick by brick. And no one would remember your worthless existence. Because the calibre of people that will line up will be so much more than you can ever hope to be.

RIP Padre!

You will forever remain our hearts.

Signed: Father Boys!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by 9jaBloke: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yeeeh! Fr. O'Connell angry
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by martineverest(m): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:
I wanted to say RIP...
But then he's White man!

fo...ols everywhere

d man has done what u and yr generations can't and wouldn't do.

1 Like

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Queenserah26(f): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sleep well beloved
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Britishcoins(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

You need English teacher
Thank you, maybe you can volunteer to be one.
For ur information, never use my typing skill as a yardstick to measure my English speaking skills.

In summary : I was rushing to catch front page.
But how does ur English helped your life?

3 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by rickyrex(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
This is how peaceful good people die. Now a new life begins with him in paradise.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
martineverest:
fo...old everywhere

e man had done what u and yr can't and wouldn't do.

Was he the one who taught you this mumbo jumbo English you wrote ?
See why he doesn't deserve RIP ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by talk2percy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
Requescat in pace, padre
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by texazzpete(m): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

You need English teacher

To be fair, so do you!

1 Like

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Antwood: 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
grin
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by martineverest(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
Britishcoins:

For ur information, never use my typing skill as a yardstick to measure my English speaking skills.

well said
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by luvablesam(m): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
evanso6226:

He died in the early hours of Wednesday, 14th, March, 2018. He was 85 years and was the longest serving school principal in Niger State and Nigeria before he retired and returned home late last year. .
He had arrived Nigeria in 1967 as a missionary and first worked as a Catholic Priest in Calabar before he relocated to Niger State where he became the principal of Government Secondary School, Minna. At 84, Fr. O’Connell was still teaching.

source: http://www.clintgist.com/rev-fr-oconnell-longest-serving-principal-nigeria-dies-85/

May his soul rest in peace... He was my English teacher from ss1 to ss3. His writing was superb back then n he never used the cain.....This man was selfless

4 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by martineverest(m): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Was he the one who taught you this mumbo jumbo English you wrote ?
See why he doesn't deserve RIP ? undecided
dumb.os like can't decipher typos
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by toluxa1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
smiley
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
Britishcoins:

Bla bla bla tongue

"Micheal" is wrong. The correct thing is "Michael".

Stop using typo as an excuse.
You dont know sh*t.

2 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by fapcrook(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:
I wanted to say RIP...
But then he's White man!

Discrimination
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
kingsaif:
the best principal, whp can speak Hausa fluently better than Buhari

Impressive
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Britishcoins(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bla bla bla tongue

"Micheal" is wrong. The correct thing is "Michael".

Stop using typo as an excuse.
You dont know sh*t.
I can see you smoked weed this night but that is ur cup of tea.
Michael or Mikel, I am done with you....
Continue ur smoking.
"Omo science student"
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by luvablesam(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
zicoraads:

This is not good.

I attended GSS Minna. I remember when Cyril Stober came back for our golden jubilee. I know how he bowed down to pay homage. I know the old men and women who bowed down and greeted Father. Father is a legend.

What this man has done, very few Nigerians have done. This man gave so much to this country. The number of people he moulded and built.

In some few weeks time we'll line up in Minna to pay our last respect. When we do, there'll be upright men and women from every single part of this country who have excelled in whatever profession they chose. Father moulded and built us, brick by brick. And no one would remember your worthless existence. Because the calibre of people that will line up will be so much more than you can ever hope to be.

RIP Padre!

i remember Cyril attending the school's golden jubilee then. Was an awesome event. I remember the Niger State donating 10million naira at that event...
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Britishcoins:

I can see you smoked weed this night but that is ur cup of tea.
Michael or Mikel, I am done with you....
Continue ur smoking.
"Omo science student"

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by flamingfire24(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
i wish i was taught by him.read about him sometime ago.a lengendry educator.

1 Like

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by debolayinka(m): 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
This Minna man, he could speak Nigerian languages, and knows the surname of almost every student.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
evanso6226:

He died in the early hours of Wednesday, 14th, March, 2018. He was 85 years and was the longest serving school principal in Niger State and Nigeria before he retired and returned home late last year. .
He had arrived Nigeria in 1967 as a missionary and first worked as a Catholic Priest in Calabar before he relocated to Niger State where he became the principal of Government Secondary School, Minna. At 84, Fr. O’Connell was still teaching.

source: http://www.clintgist.com/rev-fr-oconnell-longest-serving-principal-nigeria-dies-85/

I think he had a brief stint at Mount Saint Gabriel's secondary school Makurdi before he left for Minna
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Yunjeezy(m): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

You need English teacher
maturity aren't by number of yrs.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by ifyalways(f): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
God old days of Missionaries. Still remember Ms Harris, one of Baptist missionaries to Animoe.

God rest his soul.

2 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
martineverest:
when missionary was still missionary, not the extortionists and thieves in missionary clothings we now have as.....

the difference between black and white is too huge

RIP daddy cornell, the greatest principal in Nigerian history, who served humanity....u remind me of great Susan Wenger of osun-oshogbo shrine
This is where one can BOLD type, R......I......P.
Check him, he may not have up to 2Million in his Financial ACCOUNT, but he died a Fulfilled MAN, knowing the number of great men who passed through him.
R......I......P.....Daddy.
Not those THIEVES calling themselves Pastors
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
zicoraads:

This is not good.

RIP Padre!

There are millions of Nigerians who have done this and in fact still doing this. That is, giving their life and every inch of their existence to the growth of Nigerian students.

Now, the day you start reading and understanding, that's the day you will realize why you and your entire single digit IQ generation will continue to be subservient to a White man. wink

2 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Emu4life(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
May your MANHOOD rest in peace.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Sufisunni: 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
GSS Minna in Niger State has lost their longest serving Principal.
He was a man that put all he had to capacity training of humanity.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by mylove4God(f): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
May his soul rest in peace.
I still remember the first time I saw him in our lady of Fatima parish, Tunga at Minna.

1 Like

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Ibegtodiffer: 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Do we have two of his type/kind in this country? Be it as a Pastor, Imam, Teacher, Parent or politician? This is best described as leadership (service), not what we're seeing today. May the soul of Fr. Cornell rest in the peace of the Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Daisy Okonofua, Medical Doctor From UNIBEN, Clinches Multiple Awards. Photos / Lecturer Surprises His Students With Snacks & Soft Drinks In Class (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.