Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) (35725 Views)

WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by smileyoo: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
behold a true missionary. rip sir.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by zicoraads: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

There are millions of Nigerians who have done this and in fact still doing this. That is, giving their life and every inch of their existence to the growth of Nigerian students.

Now, the day you start reading and understanding, that's the day you will realize why you and your entire single digit IQ generation will continue to be subservient to a White man. wink
The day you start realising that the white man is not responsible for whatever hopelessness you have found yourself, is the day you will be on your way out of the chains you have confined yourself with.

This post wasn't and still isn't about what other Nigerians have done in comparison to what Father did. If that were to be the case, then, we would have followed your line of argument. This post was about one man who gave his entire life to the growth of Nigerian students. The fact that you are trying to make this a 'white vs black man' argument shows you are the one who needs a complete brain transplant.

It is not his fault that your life has remained stagnated. It is not the white man's fault at all.

4 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by kennymartinz(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
Fmartin:
rip... Your manhood lives on grin cheesy
you kind of funny mhen remembering our former first lady not the one in the other room.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
zicoraads:

The day you start realising that the white man is not responsible for whatever hopelessness you have found yourself, is the day you will be on your way out of the chains you have confined yourself with.

This post wasn't and still isn't about what other Nigerians have done in comparison to what Father did. If that were to be the case, then, we would have followed your line of argument. This post was about one man who gave his entire life to the growth of Nigerian students. The fact that you are trying to make this a 'white vs black man' argument shows you are the one who needs a complete brain transplant.

It is not his fault that your life has remained stagnated. It is not the white man's fault at all.

Lol grin grin
I can see, from your use of lexicon and sentence construction, his wonderful efforts in your life.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by galaxy2020(m): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
Am not sure he's served longer than RV. Father Angus Fraser of mount saint Gabriel Secondary school, makurdi. The man is still alive and active, 2face also went to same school, he taught the former Senate president AYU.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by mechanics(m): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
May his body rest in peace.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by dayla(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by dljbd1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2018
My principal that year...
Rest sir
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by benflin(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
He is also a receiver of the OON National Award. What a selfless man. I knew him back then in Minna

Rest in peace father
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
RIP
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by DeviIhimself: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
singing...

I strolled to an old mission garden and as I was kneeling alone
An arm gently fell on my shoulder it was the padre of old San Antone
We went for a walk in the garden and as we were talking alone
He told why he came to the mission to the mission in old San Antone
Then the chapel bells they rang and an angel chorus sang
"Mi amor mi amigo" from the sky
Then he kneeled down to pray in the garden and whispered Mi amore mi Corazonne
Then I knew that his love was an angel the padre of old San Antone
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Fmartin:
rip... Your manhood lives on grin cheesy
Fmartin smiley grin
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Shaev7(m): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
RIP Padre.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by dubene: 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
evanso6226:

He died in the early hours of Wednesday, 14th, March, 2018. He was 85 years and was the longest serving school principal in Niger State and Nigeria before he retired and returned home late last year. .
He had arrived Nigeria in 1967 as a missionary and first worked as a Catholic Priest in Calabar before he relocated to Niger State where he became the principal of Government Secondary School, Minna. At 84, Fr. O’Connell was still teaching.

source: http://www.clintgist.com/rev-fr-oconnell-longest-serving-principal-nigeria-dies-85/

RIP baba
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
He was a good man. He comes to celebrate mass 4 us every Sunday back den in FGCmx

RIP
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Egalitarian1: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
Requiescat in pace Padre! I thank God for knowing you while you lived whilst we join the host of heavenly Angels to sing O Paradisium...as the doors of heaven are being opened to you!
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Handsomecole(m): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
These are one of the reasons I will always remain a Catholic and a proud one. RIP Rev. Father Cornell.

1 Like

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Eeroh95(m): 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
martineverest:
when missionary was still missionary, not the extortionists and thieves in missionary clothings we now have as.....

the difference between black and white is too huge

RIP daddy cornell, the greatest principal in Nigerian history, who served humanity....u remind me of great Susan Wenger of osun-oshogbo shrine
arsene Wenger wife? grin
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Gistforme(m): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
Pls how he take die
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by PearlyJay(f): 12:01am On Mar 20, 2018
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by onomeabuja: 12:13am On Mar 20, 2018
evanso6226:

He died in the early hours of Wednesday, 14th, March, 2018. He was 85 years and was the longest serving school principal in Niger State and Nigeria before he retired and returned home late last year. .
He had arrived Nigeria in 1967 as a missionary and first worked as a Catholic Priest in Calabar before he relocated to Niger State where he became the principal of Government Secondary School, Minna. At 84, Fr. O’Connell was still teaching.

source: http://www.clintgist.com/rev-fr-oconnell-longest-serving-principal-nigeria-dies-85/

i love old people...R.I.P great one
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Menzy86(m): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2018
Thought my Father, my elder brothers and me. Left sec sch in 2002 but he still called me by my name d last tym we met in 2013. Super human being. God rest your selfless soul padre..... Is that the road!

2 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by kwajahafiz(m): 12:29am On Mar 20, 2018
May he rest..
As long as no one sexually molested by him....
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by ddeola: 1:39am On Mar 20, 2018
God bless his soul
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Daze12345(m): 2:42am On Mar 20, 2018
evanso6226:

Rest on father, true ones are rare to find this days. Our own people here are all wicked and debious when it comes to teaching you in an outright way.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Ofunaofu: 3:47am On Mar 20, 2018
Rip fr O'Connell
Use to know you at our lady of Fatima tunga Minna
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by tete7000(m): 3:54am On Mar 20, 2018
May he rest in peace.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by xakjustice(m): 4:02am On Mar 20, 2018
Mighty Mallam of Minna I heard the whispers of the breeze I saw it turn into the blowings Of a great wind In my childhood imagings Wondering at the happenings We met the coloured midget When we made our childish appearance Nurtured by an Adam With an ardent mission We watched the midget evolve Into an enviable goliath The noble strides of a giant intellectual Turning a coin into a fortune The midas touch of a positive puritan Grooming a mustard seed Into a mustard field The tale of the iconic guru The living legend of functional education Raising nascent golden generations Honey combs that become mountains of honey Of legacies of heroes and heroines Of visionary legends and conquerors All hail the grey-haired sage All salute the mighty silent potter All admire the mighty Mallam of Minna All hail our indefatigable colossus All hail our very own Baba All doff our hearts for Papa All hail Father our very own O’Connell

4 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 5:27am On Mar 20, 2018
That was service indeed. You read some of these things and sometimes begin to think it might be better to just emulate them without dying in our so called churches. Well gathering of the brethren the bible say we should not ignore.
Thank You Sir for this great seed you have sown. May God almighty crown you accordingly.
Rest in Peace Sir.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by fredola77(m): 5:51am On Mar 20, 2018
Father was a great priest and principal. He thought me English back then at GSS Minna. I remember going back some years for my original WAEC result and he was able to identify me to my last name, I was shocked to my bones because I was the quiet type and i was not even a prefect in my time.
He dresses like his students in similar colours to the school uniform. He had such a lovely soul.
Rest on Father...

2 Likes

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Green222: 5:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Rest on with the Lord Fr. O'Cornell. This is a man that dedicated all his life and services to humanity. He never cared about earthly things. He is an embodiment of humility. We will miss you greatly. Adieu Fr. O'Cornell

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Daisy Okonofua, Medical Doctor From UNIBEN, Clinches Multiple Awards. Photos / Lecturer Surprises His Students With Snacks & Soft Drinks In Class (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.