Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,506 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie (1059 Views)

Gov. Wike Hands Over 32 Vehicles To Rivers House Of Assembly Members / Shehu Shagari's Death: Ike Ekweremadu Reacts / Ekweremadu Reacts To Fg’s Move To Confiscate His Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by Emmahunk(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ex C.J.Umezulike, Okoi Obla, Sahara Repoters behind smear campaign against me – Ekweremadu

By Signature TV -March 19, 201809    Ekweremadu, Photo: Pulse.ng

How Ex-CJ Umezulike, Politicians Stole, Doctored My Will- Ekweremadu*The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has accused the former Chief Judge of Enugu State, Justice Innocent Umezulike, and a presidential aide, Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, as the masterminds of the smear campaign against his person by Sahara Reporters and other unsuspecting online media outfits for several weeks now.He, however, assured his supporters that there was nothing to worry about.In a statement signed by his Special Adviser Media, Uche Anichukwu and posted on the Deputy Senate President’s official  Social Media handles, Ekweremadu said, “there has been a sustained smear campaign against my person by Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, using Sahara Reporters, and other unsuspecting media outfits in the past few weeks.“I would have continued to ignore them, but for the concern of my well-wishers. Therefore, the public may wish to know as follows:“About July 2016, former Chief Judge of Enugu State, Hon. Justice Innocent Umezulike, in his capacity as the Chief Judge of Enugu State at the time, together with his lawyer, and Barrister Tagbo Ike, in connivance with some politicians, broke into the Probate Registry, Enugu, took away my will, and left behind a photocopy.“They copied the properties listed in the will and added many imaginary properties and started churning out baseless petitions to government agencies and officials.“In their petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, for instance, they claimed, in a demonstration of gross ignorance, that I was given money by the Federal Government to develop the South East geopolitical zone, but that I used it to purchase 32 properties.“They sent similar petitions to Mr. President, the Vice President, Senate President, Attorney-General of the Federation, Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Code of Conduct Bureau, Director-General of the Department of State Security, Inspector-General of Police, Commissioner of Police (Enugu), among others.“I do not intend to respond, for now, to the smear campaign related to the 2019 election, which is spearheaded by Okoi Obono-Obla, using Sahara Reporters. I will speak more on this subject at the appropriate time.“For now, let me state that Justice Innocent Umezulike has since been dismissed from service by the National Judicial Council and is facing trial in different courts. God is also on top of the matter in several other ways in the life of Justice Umezulike’s.“It suffices to add that with what is unfolding now, the current smear campaign championed by Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, is helping to expose those, who acted with Justice Umezulike, to steal my will. They have been peddling this so-called ‘discovery’ since July 2016.“Umezulike has also, in several other petitions, attacked myself and my family. He also, at some point, accused me of killing several people, which the office of the Inspector-General of Police investigated; and probably, he will soon face appropriate charges bordering on false information.“Let me, therefore, call on all those, who are concerned about this smear campaign, not to worry. This too shall pass. History will vindicate the just and the wicked will never go unpunished”, the statement concluded.

Source:
signaturetv.com.ng  

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by odiereke(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
This is becoming very intresting.
Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by docadams: 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
“I would have continued to ignore them,...“I do not intend to respond, for now, .Story... But still packaged about 560 words despite all efforts at ignoring the judge. Failed attempt at denial. He must have been caught napping.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by mrhowoto: 6:54am On Mar 20, 2018
He should ignore that failed judge who is looking for whom to drag down with him.
Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 20, 2018
If you say they were asserted fine, although;

I see nothing wrong in owning properties as a senator for multiple terms and an acute business man.

We complain about what they earn aside virtually all off their expenses are paid for including homes down to security.

We obviously just heard about just one allowance monthly of N13.5m approx that excluding lobbies, other allowances and kick backs.
Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by tiger28: 7:43am On Mar 20, 2018
docadams:
“I would have continued to ignore them,...“I do not intend to respond, for now, .Story... But still packaged about 560 words despite all efforts at ignoring the judge. Failed attempt at denial. He must have been caught napping.
YOU ARE A SMART PERSON!!! See how these fools fool SOME Nigerians.......no defense at all!!! In saner climes,he will be forced to step down pending investigations. The SADDEST part of this is that you will read comments from perpetually poverty stricken youths defending this man that dont EVEN know you. Their children are popping champagne in the best abuja or VI clubs while these fools are the ones serving them the champagnes bought from OUR RESOURCES......WOW!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by ivandragon: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2018
a better response would have been to take your 'accusers' to court.

owning properties abroad is not a crime, the issue is, did you acquire them legitimately?

it is not enough to claim 'witch hunting'. simply answer the posers & let justice take its course...

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2018
ivandragon:
a better response would have been to take your 'accusers' to court.

owning properties abroad is not a crime, the issue is, did you acquire them legitimately?

it is not enough to claim 'witch hunting'. simply answer the posers & let justice take its course...
what posers? They said he owns properties in Nigeria and abroad which is not a crime in Nigeria
Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by ivandragon: 8:15am On Mar 20, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

what posers? They said he owns properties in Nigeria and abroad which is not a crime in Nigeria

I believe since you can write in the English language, you can also read the English language...

so go back & read the part where I referred to owning a home abroad not being a crime, but the question is, was it acquired legitimately?
Re: Ekweremadu Reacts To Call By Ex-chief Jugde To Investigate Him Over 32 Propertie by dignity33: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2018
If those Assets are declared to Government I see no need it should be a subject of matters.

(1) (Reply)

You Were A Better Leader - APC Chieftain, Timi Frank Apologizes To Jonathan / Ekiti Polices Fired Fayose Teargas At Goverment House | True Or False See Prove / BREAKING: National Assembly Leadership Meets Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.