Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Mind Renewal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mind Renewal (249 Views)

Warning To Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement / Mind Renewal / Christ Embassy Kaduna(charismatic Renewal Conference With Pastor Marcel Obode) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mind Renewal by Julivas(m): 3:49am On Mar 20, 2018
Message from the throne of Grace.

Topic  Renewing your mind.
Text Romans 12 : 2
And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The mind (heart) which is the engine room of any human being because the issues of life come out from there, is a vital part that must be guided with all wisdom.
What comes out of one's mind continually if not checked can either make or mal the person. Satan knows about this , that is why he continually throw darts so as to deviate one from God. Satan in his cunning ways can even present the thoughts in such a way that one will think it is true and worthy to meditate and act upon as he did to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ during those temptations, lo and behold,  it is a bait to destroy a person because his mission is to kill and destroy.
Mark 7 : 21 - 23
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23 all these evil things come from within and defile the man.

How to constantly renew our minds.
1. By watching over our heart diligently.
Proverbs 4 : 23
Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the outflowings of life.

2. By meditating and observing the word of God constantly.
Joshua 1 : 8
This Book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein. For then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

3. By bringing all thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ.
2 Corinthians 10 : 5
casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ,

4. By letting the peace of God to reign supreme over the mind.
Philippians 4 : 7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

5. By self determination.
1 Peter 1 : 13
Therefore gird up the loins of your mind; be sober and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Job 31 : 1
“I made a covenant with mine eyes. Why then should I think upon a maid?

6. By setting one's mind on the things above only.
Colossians 3 : 2.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

7. By thinking of Philippians 4 : 8 always.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Conclusion
Though satan may throw and bring some nasty suggestions to the mind, don't meditate on it, instead cast it put , and it shall be well with you.

Shalom.

Prayer Points
1. Thank God for this beautiful day.
2. Father, grant me the power and the grace to guide my mind jealously.
3. Father, fill my mind with holy thoughts.
4. As I go this week let YOUR goodness and mercy be my companion.
5. Make my ways and that of my loved ones prosperous as we go this week in Jesus name.
6. Father, help me to be conscious of eternity now and always in Jesus mighty name.
7. Appreciate God for HE shall do exactly as you have prayed in Jesus mighty name.

Do have a testifying week

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Are We Better Than Those Who Killed Jesus? / Never Fall In Love Because Of Pity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.