Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Frozen Foods Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frozen Foods Business (15879 Views)

Starting Foodstuff Business Vs Frozen Foods Business, Which Is More Lucrative? / How Do I Start A Frozen Foods Business In Nigeria / Frozen Foods Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frozen Foods Business by jesuseun1(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2010
hello guys ,i really want to know how lucrative is the frozenfoods business.and how is the profits margin like.my wife and i just move to a new area,where we discover there are no frozen foods shop around,most pple go to like 4 bustops about 200mters away to get frozen fish,chicken,turkey.

we intend to start first from our home.

but i want to seek for u guys opinoin and contribution.
Re: Frozen Foods Business by naijacutee(f): 2:25pm On May 03, 2010
Wow, you two have just stumbled on a good opportunity.

I think the main this is to source a supplier for your frozen food first. Find what food items people buy within that area - Fish? Chicken? Shrimps?. How can you get these cheaply? Where do you presently buy these items from? The market? If so, how much do these go for? Can you get them cheaper tahn the market prices? Where do the market sellers get their from?

Once you are able to answer these questions, you can invest some money in buying some. As a started you might want to put a sign outside your house (If it's allowed by the government of course), telling people that they can now get their frozen chicken and fish here. If your prices are the same as the market prices, then put your prices on your noticeboard as well. Buyers find it annoying when people advertise something, and the price is "Call for price". Putting the price would automatically exclude people who would call only to waste your time. You only want prospective buyers calling.

This is just my gut-feeling response. I hope people in the business can shed some more light on things to watch out for.

1 Like

Re: Frozen Foods Business by jesuseun1(m): 5:33am On May 04, 2010
thanks for the advise,i and wife will do the feasibilibies on the prices.we intend to get a medium freezer for a start around 45k,and a 2.5kva gen of 30k.

we still need contributions from guys who are into d business.
Re: Frozen Foods Business by Thethy(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2010
You can as well include frozen snails.To learn about snail business and farming contact: THE THYSNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS,4,Ismail AdulAzeez Street,Singer Bus Stop,Ewupe-Ijaniye,Sango Ota,Ogun State.Tel: 08023050835,07033632285.

Re: Frozen Foods Business by leadman: 12:44pm On May 05, 2010
where can i buy frozen foods (turkey,chicken and fish) at the cheap price to resell,here in abuja .
Re: Frozen Foods Business by oyinmio: 3:10pm On May 07, 2010
i ve an in-law who s in the biz. she goes to Cotonou to get it says they re cheapest there. But u ll need to buy like 20 cartons to make good profit. if u intend to start on a low key u can buy from big cold rooms that sell in cartons and retail it. goodluck. find out from the coldroom how much they sell a carton, find out how many kilo in a carton then divide to know the profit margin
Re: Frozen Foods Business by honeyguy(m): 1:44am On May 08, 2010
how much are theysold in cotonou? how much in 9ja? am interested

1 Like

Re: Frozen Foods Business by leadman: 4:45am On Nov 28, 2010
i need supplier of frozen foods in abuja.i stay around jikwpyi phase 2 junction.i just want to go into the business
Re: Frozen Foods Business by minaten: 11:01am On Jan 25, 2011
I am also interested in importing frozen fish into Nigeria please how do i go about it.
Re: Frozen Foods Business by niapay(m): 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2011
we can install cold-room for you as well as help you import frozen fish, send email at sales@primatronics.eu
Re: Frozen Foods Business by egbegbe: 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
Can someone get a local manufacture in cold room biz for frozen foods. am interested and very urgent
Re: Frozen Foods Business by benheart(f): 10:16am On Nov 11, 2013
where can i buy frozen foods (turkey,chicken and different variety of fishes) at a cheap price to resell here in lagos. Am in mafoluku
Re: Frozen Foods Business by thweraja10: 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nigerians living in the UK, you can now get Nigerian foods, ingredients and recipes here http://www.nigerianfoods.com
Re: Frozen Foods Business by joeyarticles: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
frozen food business could be very lucrative if you understand that the business is beyond having a shop with fridges..

(1) (Reply)

Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 / My Nasty Experience In Doing Business With Planet One By Eric Nwoko / Heavy Fire At Gas Station In Okitipupa, Ondo State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.